IGN used my Term "SEMI_EXCLUSIVE"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Revolution_Ali
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts

I posted a thread in which i said to use a new term "Semi Exclusive".Most of you disagreed because that term was in more favour for 360 than ps3 or wii.Here is the thread in which I told you about Semi Exclusive http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26683983
And here is the article in which IGN used word SEMI EXCLUSIVE
" This is the doing, of course, of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. The Square Enixsemi-exclusive gave the 360 another rarity: top placement in the software charts. The game sold 162,232 units in its first week -- nearly better than the rest of the top five combined. "
lINK http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/957/957634p1.html

sO GUYS THERE EXISTS SEMI EXCLUSIVES as L4D is of 360

aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts
What other platform is SO4 on?
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
There is "timed exclusive" or "console exclusive", "semi exclusive" sounds so unprofessional.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Stupid term. Do i even need to explain why it is?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
And IGN's credibility is now in the toilet.

Exclusive has and will always mean "one platform only."
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Stupid term. Do i even need to explain why it is?AAllxxjjnn
lol they are all stupid terms that we all use on video game forums. To normal people it all sounds like "wawahblahblahblah" for those old enough to get the peanuts parents jibberish talk reference. :)
king_A-Hole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 king_A-Hole
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

What other platform is SO4 on?aflakian

NONE!!,IGN is full of it.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
so SO4 isn't exclusive anymore :o
king_A-Hole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 king_A-Hole
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

so SO4 isn't exclusive anymore :oGiancar

Chances that Star Oean the last hope could come to the PS3 in the Future Could be Very HIGH!,But we live in the Present so SO4 remains Exclusive to the 360:)

aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts

[QUOTE="aflakian"]What other platform is SO4 on?king_A-Hole

That's my point.
IGN's blunder aside, TC should've realized that oversight before making a ridiculous legitimacy claim for a term that contradicts itself.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]so SO4 isn't exclusive anymore :oking_A-Hole

Chances that Star Oean the last hope could come to the PS3 in the Future Could be Very HIGH!,But we live in the Present so SO4 remains Exclusive to the 360:)

I am just messing around
Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
you must be really proud
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="king_A-Hole"]

[QUOTE="aflakian"]What other platform is SO4 on?aflakian

That's my point.
IGN's blunder aside, TC should've realized that oversight before making a ridiculous legitimacy claim for a term that contradicts itself.

SO4 will definitely come to ps3, that is why they said it Semi Exclusive
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Revolution_Ali
Ok, I dont care if SO4 will or will not come to anyother platform, but my point is that there exists the term Semi Exclusive which was denied by most of ps3 fans.Like Left 4 dead is a semi exclusive xbox 360 game
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Semi-exclusive means it's half way exclusive which I guess means it's on two consoles which means it's not exclusive?

Your term is pretty bad, and contradicts itself completely.

You're either exclusive, or you're timed exclusive meaning it comes out for one way before another. There's no semi-exclusive.

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Ok, I dont care if SO4 will or will not come to anyother platform, but my point is that there exists the term Semi Exclusive which was denied by most of ps3 fans.Like Left 4 dead is a semi exclusive xbox 360 gameRevolution_Ali
"Exclusive" implies that the game, or anything, is only available to one entity, whether that be permanent or temporary. Left 4 dead is not "exclusive" to anything. It is on both PC and 360. Gets your fact straight please.
lancedgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lancedgt
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
a game is exclusive to a console or not, period. There shoudnt be such a thing as semi exclusive.. is like saying semi-undead XD
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Revolution_Ali
a game is exclusive to a console or not, period. There shoudnt be such a thing as semi exclusive.. is like saying semi-undead XD lancedgt
Ever heard about Semi Circle ??
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Its multiplat, get over it. And don't lump PC gamers in with you 360 boys, you can't understand how much more awesome our games are compared to your versions :P Seriously...don't do it :|

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Revolution_Ali

Its multiplat, get over it. And don't lump PC gamers in with you 360 boys, you can't understand how much more awesome our games are compared to your versions :P Seriously...don't do it :|

Tiefster
PC gamers are always treated in the last. For example ASSASSIN'S CREED,EndWar,DMC4,RE5,Mirror's Edge,GTA 4 etc....there are countless examples
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tiefster
[QUOTE="Tiefster"]

Revolution_Ali
PC gamers are always treated in the last. For example ASSASSIN'S CREED,EndWar,DMC4,RE5,Mirror's Edge,GTA 4 etc....there are countless examples

That's because those weren't built from the ground up with us in mind :| Console ports generally suck, as PC ports usually don't transition well from PC to consoles.
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"][QUOTE="Tiefster"]

That's because those weren't built from the ground up with us in mind :| Console ports generally suck, as PC ports usually don't transition well from PC to consoles.

But PC gamers cannot play most of the games (except RPGs AND strategy games) which cohsole gamers can play. There is no SF4 on PC, similarly MGS4,TEKKEN 6 etc. Okay forget it, we are taking this thread to wrong direction.Let me rejoice because IGN used my coined term !!!!!
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tiefster
[QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"] PC gamers are always treated in the last. For example ASSASSIN'S CREED,EndWar,DMC4,RE5,Mirror's Edge,GTA 4 etc....there are countless examplesRevolution_Ali

But PC gamers cannot play most of the games (except RPGs AND strategy games) which cohsole gamers can play. There is no SF4 on PC, similarly MGS4,TEKKEN 6 etc. Okay forget it, we are taking this thread to wrong direction.Let me rejoice because IGN used my coined term !!!!!

I wasn't talking about console exclusives though, I was talking about the term semi exclusive, often times games that are 360 and PC only, see the PC version being drastically better (imo) in more than just graphics.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"][QUOTE="Tiefster"]That's because those weren't built from the ground up with us in mind :| Console ports generally suck, as PC ports usually don't transition well from PC to consoles.Tiefster

I wasn't talking about console exclusives though, I was talking about the term semi exclusive, often times games that are 360 and PC only, see the PC version being drastically better (imo) in more than just graphics.

GRAW on the PC didn't look or play as good as the 360 version.