IGN says The Conduit will probably rate higher than Little King's Story!

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979624p1.html

^There's the link. 41:26.

It looks like The Conduit is set to be a pretty cool game. I can see it meeting or surpassing the majority A hype. :)

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
!!! Nice :lol: Haters owned if true.
Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

Everytime I look at The Conduit I immediately think of Timesplitters multiplayer.

I was glad to read a few articles about people that have played it, I think IGN did earlier this week, and say that it was really fun.

I'm happy that we're finally seeing some personal experiences with it. So tired of every fakeboy on this forum making a post about Conduit.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Impressions of the game are solid sounding. I don't want this game to be bad, I hope it's good cause I do intend to play it. I just must admit I don't feel super excited about it, other than it offering the best Wii FPS controls.
millwrought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 millwrought
Member since 2008 • 2032 Posts

We shall see. My problem for what I've seen from The Conduit so far is that it looks pretty generic.

But I'll still get it when it comes out

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheNextOrder
Member since 2009 • 1510 Posts

The conduit hate on this board is ridiculous. The Wii is going to get a solid fps, with solid controls,visuals and online from a third party developer. Deal with it.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheNextOrder

We shall see. My problem for what I've seen from The Conduit so far is that it looks pretty generic.

But I'll still get it when it comes out

millwrought

Seldomly do we see fps's that arent generic. I don't understand why people are going so overboard with that word with the Conduit.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
FPS in general ar getting generic, R2, R6V2, etc. let Wii have 1 decent online FPS guys. im loving all the super positive hands on
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
IGN has been promoting the conduit like crazy so no surprise there. I'm still not getting it.
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

:shock:

Hm.........while I won't be getting it since I'm not a fan of FPSs, this is interesting. Now my prediction could be way off. :(

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

It looks like The Conduit is set to be a pretty cool game. I can see it meeting or surpassing the majority A hype. :)

BioShockOwnz

Well, IGN has absolutly zero taste in gaming as it seems

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

obamanian

Because they like The Conduit they have bad tastes? Maybe you don't have varied tastes in games. All you like are WRPG it seems (from what I read). I think The Consuit look unique. The graphics are great for the Wii. And the original cover art was spectacular IMO :lol:.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

This could either be good news for The Conduit or very bad news for IGN's Little King's Story review.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

obamanian

A reputable gaming magazine that actually played the game likes it, but you who have not claim they have zero taste because they like a game you have never played?:|

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

TREAL_Since

Because they like The Conduit they have bad tastes? Maybe you don't have varied tastes in games. All you like are WRPG it seems (from what I read). I think The Consuit look unique. The graphics are great for the Wii. And the original cover art was spectacular IMO :lol:.

Of course they have a bad taste, Conduit is one of the ugliest games i have ever seen created in my gaming life, it looks that bad

LKS looks amazing, better in every way, especially in the deeper gameplay

I do not only like WRPGs, it is like

Adventure/RPGs > WRPG's > JRPGs > Advenures > Action/Adventures > Startegy > Unique titles like Rare games > Shooters like AVP, Halo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shooters like Gears 2, KZ2, MGS4, Uncharted, Conduit etc etc

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

obamanian

Of course they have a bad taste, Conduit is one of the ugliest games i have ever seen created in my gaming life, it looks that bad

Adventure/RPGs > WRPG's > JRPGs > Advenures > Action/Adventures > Startegy > Unique titles like Rare games > Shooters like AVP, Halo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shooters like Gears 2, KZ2, MGS4, Uncharted, Conduit etc etc

It's one of the best looking games on the Wii:| People are so unwilling to give The Conduit any credit because *gasp* it's an fps, by *gasp* a third party, with solid online and graphics on *gasp* the Wii. Do you actually think we can't see right through your thinly veiled post?

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TREAL_Since

obamanian

- Good to see you hate shooters (I'm serious). - LMAO :lol: @ "Unique titles like Rare games". What an RPG fanatatic.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 obamanian

It's one of the best looking games on the Wii:| People are so unwilling to give The Conduit any credit because *gasp* it's an fps, by *gasp* a third party, with solid online and graphics on *gasp* the Wii. Do you actually think we can't see right through your thinly veiled post?

TheNextOrder

Sorry, but it is one of the worst looking to me, all of Mario, LKS, Zelda etc look better to vastly better

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 obamanian

- Good to see you hate shooters (I'm serious). - LMAO :lol: @ "Unique titles like Rare games". What an RPG fanatatic.TREAL_Since

Well, i do not hate all shooters, AVP for exmaple is one of my favourite games of all time

Come to think of it though, it is the only shooter i liked so much, anything else is just a diversion, even the fun ones like Halo

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

obamanian

Sorry, but it is one of the worst looking to me, all of Mario, LKS, Zelda etc look better to vastly better

The Conduit is as a fact, one of the Wii's most technically advanced graphical games, likely the most advanced.

You can argue art style all you want, but technically the Conduit does things that no other Wii game has done and there is no argument. So for you to argue that the Wii, a fifth generation consoles most technically advanced graphical game is "the worst looking game you have ever seen" is clearly an overstatement and a thinly veiled attempt to bash it.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 obamanian

The Conduit is as a fact, one of the Wii's most technically advanced graphical games, likely the most advanced.

You can argue art style all you want, but technically the Conduit does things that no other Wii game has done and there is no argument. So for you to argue that the Wii, a fifth generation consoles most technically advanced graphical game is "the worst looking game you have ever seen" is clearly an overstatement and a thinly veiled attempt to bash it.

TheNextOrder

I do not care what Canduit is, i only care about how it looks

And do you honestly think, anyone, i mean anyone, would ever try to bash this game's graphics ??????????

Frankly this game looks as ugly as it goes, i have never seen something that ugly, what can i say, it looks ugly, i do not "try to bash it", it is not like it looks amazing and i have to try something like that, just state how it looks to me,that is all

Little King's Story Picture

Little King's Story Screenshot

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Looks Great. I'll be getting it when its out although, not a day one purchase.
hellsyeahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hellsyeahaha
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
is this game developed by sega? i never heard of the studio must be some rookies they hired. the reason the fps genre sucks for me because the dev's dont focus on making their levels detailed or fun not enough z axis action most of the time or the core mechanics suck. the level design in this game does look pretty boring lol.
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]The Conduit is as a fact, one of the Wii's most technically advanced graphical games, likely the most advanced.

obamanian

And do you honestly think, anyone, i mean anyone, would ever try to bash this game's graphics ??????????

Frankly this game looks as ugly as it goes, i have never seen something that ugly, what can i say, it looks ugly, i do not "try to bash it", it is not like it looks amazing and i have to try something like that, just state how it looks to me,that is all

Anybody can take bad screenshots of a game and make another game look better. Especially cartoony games vs. realistic games. You might as well be comparing toasters and chewing gum. Video's are much better demonstration of a games visuals, and your screenshots do little to prove anything. Even having said that, the screenshots you posted of The Conduit are FAR from the ugliest I have ever seen. I mean c'mon. There's a reason why most game previews of this title call this one of the best looking games on the Wii, because it is. As I said, yours is an an overstatement and a thinly veiled attempt to bash it.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheNextOrder

is this game developed by sega? i never heard of the studio must be some rookies they hired. the reason the fps genre sucks for me because the dev's dont focus on making their levels detailed or fun not enough z axis action most of the time or the core mechanics suck. the level design in this game does look pretty boring lol.hellsyeahaha
More misinformation. HVS developed this game, and Sega was so impressed (like they were with Madworld), that they picked up the rights and published it.

hellsyeahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hellsyeahaha

[QUOTE="hellsyeahaha"]is this game developed by sega? i never heard of the studio must be some rookies they hired. the reason the fps genre sucks for me because the dev's dont focus on making their levels detailed or fun not enough z axis action most of the time or the core mechanics suck. the level design in this game does look pretty boring lol.TheNextOrder

More misinformation. HVS developed this game, and Sega was so impressed (like they were with Madworld), that they picked up the rights and published it.

sega should just make outtrigger 2 that would pwn this. i never heard of hvs, at first i thought might of been new sega dev studio. they are rookies at making fps tho.
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

[QUOTE="hellsyeahaha"]is this game developed by sega? i never heard of the studio must be some rookies they hired. the reason the fps genre sucks for me because the dev's dont focus on making their levels detailed or fun not enough z axis action most of the time or the core mechanics suck. the level design in this game does look pretty boring lol.hellsyeahaha

sega should just make outtrigger 2 that would pwn this. i never heard of hvs, at first i thought might of been new sega dev studio. they are rookies at making fps tho.

Sega doesn't make good games anymore other than ports of their arcade games. I prefer HVS to be developing this game than them.

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
Its good to see that someone is at least trying to make a good Wii game but I think this will just turn out to be average. I cannot see myself ever getting this game, with all the other (and most probably superior) options on the 360 and ps3. Even Red Steel 2 looks to be better than this. At least it has the sword mechanic to set itself apart a little.
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
looks like this game is going to be a must have fps for the wii
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheNextOrder

Its good to see that someone is at least trying to make a good Wii game but I think this will just turn out to be average. I cannot see myself ever getting this game, with all the other (and most probably superior) options on the 360 and ps3. Even Red Steel 2 looks to be better than this. At least it has the sword mechanic to set itself apart a little.whocares4peace
Red Steel 2 looks awesome, but whether it delivers nobody knows.

The Conduit does set itself apart in that it's the first from the ground up, fully functional onlinefps with solid motion controls. I think in the end it will a great deal of fun, and judging by the previews it's going to surprise alot of the haters. There's more to games than just the latest and most powerful graphic engines.

hellsyeahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hellsyeahaha

[QUOTE="hellsyeahaha"][QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]More misinformation. HVS developed this game, and Sega was so impressed (like they were with Madworld), that they picked up the rights and published it.

TheNextOrder

Sega doesn't make good games anymore other than ports of their arcade games. I prefer HVS to be developing this game than them.

sega could still make decent games if they wanted it's just they are using their crappiest development studios for making console games these days. back in the day am2 am3 were one of the best arcade developers ever, outtrigger is actually one of the only arcade first person shooters besides atari's war originally made for arcade and ported to dreamcast,. they need to put their best studios working on consoles. outtrigger was badass for a arcade fps, sega does have some experience making fps more than hvs.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="whocares4peace"]Its good to see that someone is at least trying to make a good Wii game but I think this will just turn out to be average. I cannot see myself ever getting this game, with all the other (and most probably superior) options on the 360 and ps3. Even Red Steel 2 looks to be better than this. At least it has the sword mechanic to set itself apart a little.TheNextOrder

Red Steel 2 looks awesome, but whether it delivers nobody knows.

The Conduit does set itself apart in that it's the first from the ground up, fully functional onlinefps with solid motion controls. I think in the end it will a great deal of fun, and judging by the previews it's going to surprise alot of the haters. There's more to games than just the latest and most powerful graphic engines.

I liked the IR controls in MP3, but not enough to sacrifice good visuals and a solid(friendcode less) online infrastructure. I'm sure this will be a perfectly adequate shooter. Will it be fun? Yep Will it make me stop playing Killzone 2 and Halo 3? Nope
hellsyeahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hellsyeahaha
the maps in outtrigger were made small because it was designed for arcade. but the map design in outtrigger in that seems alot better than the conduit, the levels seem to flat and not multileveled enough in the conduit also HVS promised 16 players at first, now the online player count got cut down to 12 lol they dont know what they doing. they are just like killzone dev's total noobs maybe they will learn from mistakes in future.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35 Grinning_Demon
Member since 2009 • 1809 Posts
I dont think thats evidence of the Conduits greatness (might be good i dunno) just IGN's completely shocking indiference towards Little King Story. Seriously, even Bozon's been acting stupid lately. Matts the eternal idiot, always pushing his "mature looking games for the hardcore please" agenda. The sad thing is, they are still the best team at IGN (to put things in perspective, Gamespot editors are still confortably resting in the bottom of the barrel)
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I don't understand IGN. HVS havent showed anything that look like it is even AA material. Oh well, at leat thier not hyping a Sonic game or somthing.
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheNextOrder

I don't understand IGN. HVS havent showed anything that look like it is even AA material. Oh well, at leat thier not hyping a Sonic game or somthing.Marka1700
Gamespot also gave it a good preview, are you going to take issue with them too?

Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grinning_Demon

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]The Conduit is as a fact, one of the Wii's most technically advanced graphical games, likely the most advanced.

obamanian

I know what you're trying to do but at least try and pick images that arent completely ruined by compression >___>

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheNextOrder

I know what you're trying to do but at least try and pick images that arent completely ruined by compression >___>

Grinning_Demon

Seriously that looks damn nice for a Wii game. Cant wait:D

snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

obamanian

Adventure/RPGs > WRPG's > JRPGs > Advenures > Action/Adventures > Startegy >Unique titles like Rare games > Shooters like AVP, Halo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shooters like Gears 2, KZ2, MGS4, Uncharted, Conduit etc etc

LMAO. Take Super Mario 64, add a bird on his back, make Mario a bear, and there you have it. Banjo-Kazooie. Nuts & Bolts wasn't a bad idea, though. And Conduit has been compared to Halo and Goldeneye multiplayer.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#41 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
IGN is full of ****.
LMAO. Take Super Mario 64, add a bird on his back, make Mario a bear, and there you have it. Banjo-Kazooie.snipe12388
Yes, they're both 3D platformers. After that, the similarity ends.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"] Because they like The Conduit they have bad tastes? Maybe you don't have varied tastes in games. All you like are WRPG it seems (from what I read). I think The Consuit look unique. The graphics are great for the Wii. And the original cover art was spectacular IMO :lol:.TheNextOrder

That's not the point. It doesn't look like it's anything new, actually, it looks like one of the worst shooters this generation. The ONLY reason why people give a damn is because *gasp* it's on the Wii.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Grinning_Demon
Oh GOD Bozon!!! I'm listening to the podcast and its the second time he comes with that "aww if only it was in HD" BS. Seriously, you're better than that *ugh
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I'll be happy when both The Conduit and LKS are finally released so we can put this argument to rest and finally play them to find out quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Well whatever, if it does do well, then I guess I got proven wrong.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Everytime I look at The Conduit I immediately think of Timesplitters multiplayer.

I was glad to read a few articles about people that have played it, I think IGN did earlier this week, and say that it was really fun.

I'm happy that we're finally seeing some personal experiences with it. So tired of every fakeboy on this forum making a post about Conduit.

Mr_Nordquist
I've always felt something similar about the game, it reminds me old style FPS games, when they were fun and challenging rather than irritating and realistic. I can understand people hating that sheep are hyping the graphics too much, but I see no reason for people to moan about it being generic, since it's not, what's generic now is copycat sci-fi FPS' with a gimmick or war shooters that try to be realistic, this would've been generic about 6 years ago but now it's a breath of nostalgic fresh air if you ask me.
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheNextOrder

IGN is full of **** Cherokee_Jack
How about Gamespot? They also gave it a good preview.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

That would be absolutely hilarious.

Sheep: "buh buh we alwayz liked Conduit over LK$1!!11" :cry:
Me: :lol::lol::lol:

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

If that turns out to be true.. considering LKS has been getting 9/10 or more in most reviews, this will already be a greatly improved year for Wii third-party:D

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Conduit is as a fact, one of the Wii's most technically advanced graphical games, likely the most advanced.TheNextOrder

No... it isn't. :|

The game looks dated compared to many of the good looking Wii games. The texture detail is laughable and the jaggies are eye-gouging. Metroid Prime on the GC is a technically better game. And art styIe does make a difference. It turns a bland looking game into an amazing one... technically sound or not. It also helps overcome technical limitations by covering up detail issues.

Either LKS is actually a bad game or IGN is getting far too hyped for the Conduit, when they should be looking more into something like LKS and not perpetuating the generic shooter genre.