IGN reviews the latest Smash Bros DLC Character

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24359 posts) -

The Hero from Dragon Quest gets an 8/10

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/01/super-smash-bros-ultimate-hero-dlc-review

Any Smash players play the new DLC character yet? I played over the weekend and thought he was really good. Has an awesome final smash.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (34354 posts) -

It's reviewing individual characters?

Now that's click desperation to the max.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#3 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3349 posts) -

I almost feel bad for IGN. Games journalism must be rough these days

Avatar image for mandzilla
#4 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

Wow, great to hear that they're implementing the new characters so well. Looks like a fun addition to the game, and yes that final smash is a thing of beauty.

So would you say the Fighters Pass is worth picking up then @SolidGame_basic? I'm quite tempted now.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#5 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24359 posts) -

@mandzilla: I've had it since the beginning. It's definitely worth it if you like having new characters, but you can also pay for them separately if you don't want all of them. But so far, it's been great. Joker from Persona 5, Hero from Dragon Quest, and Banjo Kazooie coming up. Well done, Nintendo!

Avatar image for Willy105
#6 Edited by Willy105 (24855 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

It's reviewing individual characters?

Now that's click desperation to the max.

It's something you pay money for.

People want to know if it's worth buying.

@goldenelementxl said:

I almost feel bad for IGN. Games journalism must be rough these days

More competition from Youtube and Twitch, terrible pay, and more abuse from readers (like the E3 leak) certainly makes it less appealing than it used to be.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#7 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

@mandzilla: I've had it since the beginning. It's definitely worth it if you like having new characters, but you can also pay for them separately if you don't want all of them. But so far, it's been great. Joker from Persona 5, Hero from Dragon Quest, and Banjo Kazooie coming up. Well done, Nintendo!

Oh okay, thanks for the answer. Mhm it is a really sweet lineup so far yes! Can't wait to see who they will add next, Geralt from the Witcher series or Doom guy maybe. Probably way off with the predictions lol.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#8 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3349 posts) -

@Willy105: If only there were places online where you could watch free videos of people who are really good at the game playing with the new characters. Somebody should get on that...

Avatar image for Willy105
#9 Posted by Willy105 (24855 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:

@Willy105: If only there were places online where you could watch free videos of people who are really good at the game playing with the new characters. Somebody should get on that...

Sure, but then you'd have to watch a video, and you won't necessarily get the information you'd want. There is still an audience for this stuff, otherwise no one would be speaking about it.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#10 Posted by Archangel3371 (28396 posts) -

Nice. As a big Dragon Quest fan seeing The Hero from the games as a character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is very awesome indeed. I haven’t tried the character yet but am definitely looking forward to checking it out real soon.

Avatar image for jaydan
#11 Posted by jaydan (2389 posts) -

You're several weeks late on this one. Hero came out several weeks ago.

Anyways, solid addition yet it's causing controversy in the competitive Smash community. Hero is the most luck-based fighter in a Smash game to date, and variables in a fighter's move set based on luck binds them to controversy.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#12 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24359 posts) -
@jaydan said:

You're several weeks late on this one. Hero came out several weeks ago.

Anyways, solid addition yet it's causing controversy in the competitive Smash community. Hero is the most luck-based fighter in a Smash game to date, and variables in a fighter's move set based on luck binds them to controversy.

July 30th is not several weeks lol.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#13 Posted by robert_sparkes (3232 posts) -

Smash must have the biggest roster of any fighting game ever.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#14 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4138 posts) -

Joker and Hero don't interest me much. But I really want Banjo- might just buy his separately. At the same time I want to know who the other 2 are going to be, and if they interest me then I'll get the fighter pass lol.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#15 Posted by Ant_17 (12729 posts) -

Game Of Thrones ending has made them bonkers.

Can't wait for Fortnite season 11 review.

Avatar image for jaydan
#16 Posted by jaydan (2389 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: You're late.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#17 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24359 posts) -
@jaydan said:

@SolidGame_basic: You're late.

You need at least a couple weeks to play as the character, am I rite?

Avatar image for jaydan
#18 Posted by jaydan (2389 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: you have the chance to do your wrong a right. When Banjo-kazooie joins the game, make the thread on time (it will be more hype on time).