IGN RE UC Review in with photorealistic screenshot - RE5 am owned!

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/835/835031p1.html

Why get RE5 when you can the industry buying trash like this;)

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WuTangG

Wii 1 - Gamers 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I love how it just gets smaller and smaller in the distance.
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WuTangG
I love how it just gets smaller and smaller in the distance.Jandurin
Who said you need a good draw distance to show the scale of your epic game, its just like voice acting, music, online play, graphics, storyline and more are not needed in making a game good.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I love how it just gets smaller and smaller in the distance.Jandurin
At the end there is a curve.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Who really expected this game to be great? Surely, anyone who played previous RE lightgun games should have realized it wouldn't be near the RE4/RE5 scale.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]I love how it just gets smaller and smaller in the distance.DaysAirlines
At the end there is a curve.

Railways tend to do that... :roll:

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WuTangG

Who really expected this game to be great? Surely, anyone who played previous RE lightgun games should have realized it wouldn't be near the RE4/RE5 scale.SpruceCaboose
Sheep fankids claiming they have good games;)

Oh and have you heard of Metroid Prime on GC, its so awesome, makes GC the best console ever;)

Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts

Next time you're going to claim ownage. Try doing it with a game that was actually hyped higher than the eventual score.

Or

Next time you're going to claim ownage, try doing it with a Gamespot review.

Pick the one you like most and try again.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WuTangG

Next time you're going to claim ownage. Try doing it with a game that was actually hyped higher than the eventual score.

Or

Can-o-Mark
Cant wait for the GS review, its so going to own RE5:lol:
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Who really expected this game to be great? Surely, anyone who played previous RE lightgun games should have realized it wouldn't be near the RE4/RE5 scale.WuTangG

Oh and have you heard of Metroid Prime on GC, its so awesome, makes GC the best console ever;)

Uh, I have great games on the Wii right now. SMG, MP3, RE4 Wii, Raving Rabbids, Super Paper Mario, Zelda, etc.

And I have great games on the 360 as well. And the PS3. Each system has great games.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts

they never really said it was a terrible game. in fact, the review says that some aspects of it are a lot of fun. i never read any posts suggesting this would be a AAA game. i'll agree, RE 5 will most likely be the true follow up.

Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
[QUOTE="Can-o-Mark"]

Or

WuTangG

Cant wait for the GS review, its so going to own RE5:lol:

Wel congratulations little boy. You can wait until 2009 to claim ownage. Now why was this thread here again?

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Nice :) now i'm definatly getting it :)
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WuTangG
Nice :) now i'm definatly getting it :)PS360Fanboy
PS3 and 360 owned in one go, Wii Wii has REUC:lol:
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
No one doubts RE5 will be a great looking game. But its not like anyone put UC on this high pedestal. It may not be the most technically stunning game, but the review doesn't say its a bad game either. We need to remove the blinders of fanboyism that might keep us from playing otherwise fun games.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Who really expected this game to be great? Surely, anyone who played previous RE lightgun games should have realized it wouldn't be near the RE4/RE5 scale.WuTangG

RE UC is a GOOD game, that's why it gets good and great scores. You're the kid here.

And it's old news.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WuTangG

No one doubts RE5 will be a great looking game. But its not like anyone put UC on this high pedestal. It may not be the most technically stunning game, but the review doesn't say its a bad game either. We need to remove the blinders of fanboyism that might keep us from playing otherwise fun games.Darthmatt
Because i talked about graphics. Yep Sheep fankids are very defensive, to them crap graphics = good gameplay:)

Oh well, RE games were always good, the graphics helped them but they were still fun. Now that RE5 has amazing graphics, its going to suck:(

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 m_machine024

they never really said it was a terrible game. in fact, the review says that some aspects of it are a lot of fun. i never read any posts suggesting this would be a AAA game. i'll agree, RE 5 will most likely be the true follow up.

clone01
Yeah, we all know that. Doesn't change UC can be a lot of fun.
Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts
:roll: More childish fanboy posts? Can't we just lock these?
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WuTangG
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Who really expected this game to be great? Surely, anyone who played previous RE lightgun games should have realized it wouldn't be near the RE4/RE5 scale.m_machine024

RE UC is a GOOD game, that's why it gets good and great scores. You're the kid here.

And it's old news.

OMG a sheep has gone a single reply without reference to SMG, the end of the world!
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WuTangG
[QUOTE="clone01"]

m_machine024

So why cant the all mighty Wii Wii get the true follow up? Oh well, REUC will dwarf RE5 and kill the franchise in one go:cry:
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 m_machine024

[QUOTE="Darthmatt"]No one doubts RE5 will be a great looking game. But its not like anyone put UC on this high pedestal. It may not be the most technically stunning game, but the review doesn't say its a bad game either. We need to remove the blinders of fanboyism that might keep us from playing otherwise fun games.WuTangG

Because i talked about graphics. Yep Sheep fankids are very defensive, to them crap graphics = good gameplay:)

Oh well, RE games were always good, the graphics helped them but they were still fun. Now that RE5 has amazing graphics, its going to suck:(

Stop putting words in people's mouth.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Darthmatt

[QUOTE="Darthmatt"]No one doubts RE5 will be a great looking game. But its not like anyone put UC on this high pedestal. It may not be the most technically stunning game, but the review doesn't say its a bad game either. We need to remove the blinders of fanboyism that might keep us from playing otherwise fun games.WuTangG

No, I just dont judge a game on how high the resolution is. If it has a good story, or great controls but acceptable visuals I'll play it. If it has amazing graphics but busted controls and crappy AI i'll avoid it because fun only happens when a game is fun to play.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 m_machine024
[QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]

And it's old news.

OMG a sheep has gone a single reply without reference to SMG, the end of the world!

Yeah sure. Great reply. Keep working on that.
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WuTangG
[QUOTE="WuTangG"][QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Who really expected this game to be great? Surely, anyone who played previous RE lightgun games should have realized it wouldn't be near the RE4/RE5 scale.m_machine024

And it's old news.

Yeah sure. Great reply. Keep working on that.

Wii does have good games, like SMG, and more scheduled for 08 and 09, like SMG!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpruceCaboose

Wow. Just wow.

I am a sheep now? Thats new.

I thought I was a gamer who liked good games. And look! There are great games on the Wii. More than just SMG. Really its true. Look it up.

Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
[QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="clone01"]

WuTangG

So why cant the all mighty Wii Wii get the true follow up? Oh well, REUC will dwarf RE5 and kill the franchise in one go:cry:

Thats why is soo anticipated and has been in the works longer than RE5... :roll:

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 m_machine024
[QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="clone01"]

WuTangG

Devs chose to go with hardware power. That's it, that's all. And the Wii wasn't even revealed before the development startedt. Still I like that like Capcom takes a different direction with the Wii. So I will get to enjoy 2 different concepts of the franchise. Seriously you're the one missing out with your fanboyish.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Darthmatt
[QUOTE="WuTangG"][QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="clone01"]

m_machine024

Devs chose to go with hardware power. That's it, that's all. And the Wii wasn't even revealed before the development startedt. Still I like that like Capcom takes a different direction with the Wii. So I will get to enjoy 2 different concepts of the franchise. Seriously you're the one missing out with your fanboyish.

Not only that, for a fan of the serries this game is a gold mine of back story.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
No RE2??? :o
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WuTangG

speedjunkie1992

Thats why is soo anticipated and has been in the works longer than RE5... :roll:

Anticipated by gamers, but they are a dieing breed, who will be extinct by the end of 2007
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WuTangG

m_machine024

But Wii is capable of any game long as you degrade the graphics, just like how Oblivion will work on Wii and keep its fantastic gameplay with graphics downgrade

Just shows, Wii = shovelware system, just throw trash at it and it sells!

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 m_machine024
Wii does have good games, like SMG, Z&W, MP3 and more scheduled for 08 and 09, like NMH, SSBB, Disaster!
WuTangG
Fixed for the truth.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpruceCaboose

Anticipated by gamers, but they are a dieing breed, who will be extinct by the end of 2007
WuTangG

Fanboys have been killing gaming slowly for years.

Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
:lol: I didn't realize an A was a bad score. When I was in school, if you brought home a report card with straight As, that was considered great, and your parents were overjoyed. I guess now though 'A' is considered terrible? lol
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darthmatt
[QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="WuTangG"][QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="clone01"]

WuTangG

But Wii is capable of any game long as you degrade the graphics, just like how Oblivion will work on Wii and keep its fantastic gameplay with graphics downgrade

Correction, the 3D engine that runs Oblivion was reconfigured to run on wii. New shaders, better lighting and ambient shadows...etc.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SpruceCaboose

WuTangG

Trash like Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, WarioWare, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros, etc? :roll:

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 m_machine024
[QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="WuTangG"][QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="clone01"]

WuTangG

In case you didn't notice, dongraded multiplat for the Wii never turns that great. I rather have a different game made for the wiimote than slap-on wii controls game. Capcom puted effort in UC and it's getting good scores so no shovelware here. But yeah Wii will be the shovelware system this gen, I won't deny that.
Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cristallis
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
7.9? I thought this was 5.5-ish material. Will pick it up when I buy a Wii, seems to refresh the light-gun genre.
Rick_Henderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rick_Henderson
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
Kid, how old are you? Like 12, anyways name me one sheep that hyped this game to be better than RE5. Wait, what's that? You can't? And you know why that is? It's because they didn't.
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
Hey WuTangG ive seen you post a few times on SW and you seem to be obsessed with the Wii is that all you do here try to bash the Wii
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

What's going on here? A bunch of fanboys trying to claim ownage on a game that's rated 7.9 not to mention a solid game for any old lightgun fan or Resident Evil fan for that matter? You guys should seriously consider something else than gaming since you obviously don't care for good games.

The Resident Evil Survivor games on the PS2 didn't exactly score 10/10.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WuTangG
In case you didn't notice, dongraded multiplat for the Wii never turns that great. I rather have a different game made for the wiimote than slap-on wii controls game. Capcom puted effort in UC and it's getting good scores so no shovelware here. But yeah Wii will be the shovelware system this gen, I won't deny that.m_machine024
Thank you for proving Wii isnt capable of big expansive next-gen games:)
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WuTangG
Correction, the 3D engine that runs Oblivion was reconfigured to run on wii. New shaders, better lighting and ambient shadows...etc. Darthmatt
CoD 4 runs on Quake 3 engin so Wii is going to get CoD 4 and looking/feeling JUST as good as the crappy 360/PS3/PC version:lol:
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Darthmatt
[QUOTE="m_machine024"]In case you didn't notice, dongraded multiplat for the Wii never turns that great. I rather have a different game made for the wiimote than slap-on wii controls game. Capcom puted effort in UC and it's getting good scores so no shovelware here. But yeah Wii will be the shovelware system this gen, I won't deny that.WuTangG

Why are people still using next gen when we are almost two years into the current one?
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WuTangG
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]

SpruceCaboose

Trash like Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, WarioWare, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros, etc? :roll:

As are now on your great games list:lol:

Dont worry, we have plenty of As, AND AAs, not forgetting AAAs;)

Yet guess who sells more. Darn, gaming is dead:cry:

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darthmatt
[QUOTE="Darthmatt"]Correction, the 3D engine that runs Oblivion was reconfigured to run on wii. New shaders, better lighting and ambient shadows...etc. WuTangG
CoD 4 runs on Quake 3 engin so Wii is going to get CoD 4 and looking/feeling JUST as good as the crappy 360/PS3/PC version:lol:

You dont understand so I'm not going to bother explaining it.
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WuTangG
[QUOTE="WuTangG"][QUOTE="m_machine024"]In case you didn't notice, dongraded multiplat for the Wii never turns that great. I rather have a different game made for the wiimote than slap-on wii controls game. Capcom puted effort in UC and it's getting good scores so no shovelware here. But yeah Wii will be the shovelware system this gen, I won't deny that.Darthmatt

Why are people still using next gen when we are almost two years into the current one?

Because Wii is 'new-gen' because its old crap remixed with new controls and fed to the hordes of casuals
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Darthmatt
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]

WuTangG

As are now on your great games list:lol:

Dont worry, we have plenty of As, AND AAs, not forgetting AAAs;)

Yet guess who sells more. Darn, gaming is dead:cry:

Gaming is dead, yet there are two systems that have beefy hardware and plenty of FPS to go around. Sounds like there is room for everyone this gen.