IGN plays No Man's Sky on PSVR, has overwhelmingly positive response.

Avatar image for subspecies
#1 Edited by Subspecies (303 posts) -

So, yeah. IGN gushed over NMS on PSVR. They say it feels like a completely different game, and had only positive feedback. The game is confirmed by the devs to have full locomotion, move controller/ds4 options, comfort options galore (or no comfort options if you're a VR veteran), and on top of this a ton of gameplay/content updates they have not yet spoken about in full. Also, the VR version is the ENTIRE game--no content was cut. This is going to be a freaking awesome update that will no doubt push a ton of more PSVR sales. Here's the IGN vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1tKNonnJeg

Other sites have played the VR version as well (PSVR and Vive, etc.). Again and again, great feedback. Looks like we have a VR classic on our hands coming this summer. I CAN'T WAIT. VR fans, rejoice. The game is getting tons of great media attention. Links, links, links:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-02-no-mans-sky-is-absolutely-stellar-in-vr

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/02/no-mans-sky-vr-hands-on-interview-sean-murray/

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/2/18285578/no-mans-sky-vr-preview-sean-murray-interview

https://www.polygon.com/virtual-reality/2019/4/2/18291277/no-mans-sky-vr-psvr-vive-rift-impressions

https://uploadvr.com/hands-on-no-mans-sky-vr-is-a-world-of-limitless-possibilities/

https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-vr-hands-on/

https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/02/no-mans-sky-beyond-vr-hands-on-a-huge-galaxy-in-virtual-reality/

...and on and on. There is a HUGE buzz around the VR version of NMS. Great VR times ahead!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (32757 posts) -

Sonic was never good.

Avatar image for subspecies
#3 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Sonic was never good.

You had to reach deep in the bag for that one.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#4 Posted by AJStyles (736 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Sonic was amazing on the Sega Genesis. After that, it has sucked.

Avatar image for fedor
#5 Posted by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@ajstyles: Its a meme.

Avatar image for subspecies
#6 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ajstyles: Its a meme.

Correction: it's a (played out) meme

Avatar image for fedor
#7 Edited by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@subspecies: Meh, I still like it. I also like "7.8/10 too much water."

IGN is trash.

Avatar image for subspecies
#8 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@subspecies: Meh, I still like it. I also like "7.8/10 too much water."

IGN is trash.

Guess you missed the long list of links below.

Avatar image for fedor
#9 Posted by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@subspecies: No. I'm not commenting on NMS. I told AJ it was a meme. You said its a played out meme. I disagreed while giving my input of IGN being trash.

I digress, I'm sure NMS VR will be great, I'm personally not interested.

Avatar image for subspecies
#10 Edited by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@subspecies: No. I'm not commenting on NMS. I told AJ it was a meme. You said its a played out meme. I disagreed while giving my input of IGN being trash.

I digress, I'm sure NMS VR will be great, I'm personally not interested.

Yeah. Can't argue with that second to last part.

Avatar image for fedor
#11 Edited by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@subspecies: Yep. Remember when IGN stole the Dead Cells review by a youtuber nearly word for word? Good times.

No man's is the comeback kid of the gen, have a lot of respect for then not giving up on the game.

Avatar image for subspecies
#12 Edited by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@subspecies: Yep. Remember when IGN stole the Dead Cells review by a youtuber nearly word for word? Good times.

The guy that made this article/vid is not that person. **shrugs**

Avatar image for fedor
#13 Posted by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@subspecies: He was fired.

Avatar image for subspecies
#14 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@subspecies: He was fired.

And? Sounds like an appropriate response. Is this convo going somewhere?

Avatar image for fedor
#15 Edited by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@subspecies: You know who else they fired? That dude that did the GoW meme that MS execs got all pissy about. Poor guy.

No, this convo isn't going anywhere. I'm clearly taking the piss out of IGN atm.

Avatar image for subspecies
#16 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@subspecies: You know who else they fired? That dude that did the GoW meme that MS execs got all pissy about. Poor guy.

No, this convo isn't going anywhere. I'm clearly taking the piss out of IGN atm.

Well, that's cool. I guess. I suppose IGN kicked your shins or something.

Avatar image for fedor
#17 Posted by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@subspecies: Not really, I just remember stuff. Like that time they reviewed RE2make and the reviewer exposed himself for not playing a large chunk of the game. They actually had to go back and update the score, how can they be so incompetent?

Avatar image for subspecies
#18 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@fedor said:

@subspecies: Not really, I just remember stuff. Like that time they reviewed RE2make and the reviewer exposed himself for not playing a large chunk of the game. They actually had to go back and update the score, how can they be so incompetent?

I see you've kept a list.

Avatar image for uitravioience
#19 Posted by UItravioIence (1173 posts) -

So hyped for this update! Now just need to buy another PSVR so me and my girlfriend aren't fighting over who gets to play in VR.

Avatar image for subspecies
#20 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

So hyped for this update! Now just need to buy another PSVR so me and my girlfriend aren't fighting over who gets to play in VR.

The good thing is you don't need two TVs in that case. I just learned a little while ago you can operate the PSVR entirely without a TV. Pretty cool.

And yeah, I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a VR game, other than Skyrim maybe.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#21 Posted by KBFloYd (21738 posts) -

Avatar image for subspecies
#22 Edited by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

Considering the PSVR is the King of VR upper-end headsets in terms of individual headsets sold by a huge margin, posting the King of the Jungle is appropriate, I should say. Good call.

Avatar image for davillain-
#23 Posted by DaVillain- (36020 posts) -

No Man's Sky is still my favorite game despite the bad press it got, it was my most played game on PS4. To bad I don't own a PSVR, could've been a coo feature to try it on.

Avatar image for uitravioience
#24 Posted by UItravioIence (1173 posts) -

@subspecies: oh cool. I didn't know that either.

Avatar image for pdogg93
#25 Posted by pdogg93 (1528 posts) -

@KBFloYd: lol stick to Nintendo’s cardboard ya kiddie

Avatar image for PAL360
#26 Edited by PAL360 (29539 posts) -

No Man's Sky finally getting the positive feedback it deserves. Nice.

Avatar image for darthbuzzard
#27 Posted by DarthBuzzard (127 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

Is that the next Labo VR headset design?

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#28 Posted by getyeryayasout (12260 posts) -

I remember thinking that NMS might have been converted to a PSVR launch title. It just seemed like a natural fit. Its good to hear that it plays well in VR.

Say what you will about Sean Murray, Hello Games, and the disappointing state of NMS when it launched, they've really put nose to grindstone and boots to asses and have worked NMS into quite the little success story.

Everybody loves redemption.

Avatar image for subspecies
#29 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

I remember thinking that NMS might have been converted to a PSVR launch title. It just seemed like a natural fit. Its good to hear that it plays well in VR.

Say what you will about Sean Murray, Hello Games, and the disappointing state of NMS when it launched, they've really put nose to grindstone and boots to asses and have worked NMS into quite the little success story.

Everybody loves redemption.

Yeah, PSVR fans have been begging for this since pretty much day one. It's a constant topic over on PSVR reddit. Looks like Sony/Hello Games listened to the fans, which is great. And as for the current state of NMS, success story is right. The game is completely different from where it began. For me, the only thing that was missing was VR implementation. Honestly I didn't think they'd pull it off this gen. I guess it just goes to show how truly talented the team is.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
#30 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3394 posts) -

Say what you will about Hello Games, but it's been apparent from the very beginning how much passion and dedication they have for No Man's Sky. I was singing it from the mountaintops from the second it was announced, "This game is not going to work correctly for a long time, but if they stick with it, it'll be amazing."

Avatar image for xhawk27
#31 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

If MS makes Sea of Thieves VR it would be a great game then right?

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
#32 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3394 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

If MS makes Sea of Thieves VR it would be a great game then right?

No. There's nothing to do *and* there's nothing to see.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#33 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@xhawk27 said:

If MS makes Sea of Thieves VR it would be a great game then right?

No. There's nothing to do *and* there's nothing to see.

So it's like No Man's Sky then. LOL

After all the updates to SoT there are lots to do and see. This month it's getting its biggest update ever.

Avatar image for fedor
#34 Posted by Fedor (4601 posts) -

@xhawk27: PVP griefing is still the only real content in SoT.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#35 Posted by xantufrog (11162 posts) -

It's a perfect fit for the game. I'd definitely give it a go if I had it for Ps4 and had a psvr

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
#36 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3394 posts) -

@fedor: Agreed. However, I do have one of my best gaming stories ever during such an event. Me and my buddy were playing about nine months after launch after buying it day one. We completed a few bounties and were immediately bombarded by a larger, more impressive crew who basically told us they were going to kill us if we didn't let them take our treasure, which in all honesty was fucking badass.

I'd had a few drinks that night and was feeling ballsy, so we hopped aboard their ship and immediately did something along the lines of, "We mean you no harm; we just don't know what we're doing and want to tag along with people who actually do." They obliged, and we proceeded to play with the crew for like three hours.

At one point, after docking at a few islands, we stopped and watched the crew all dive off and search for treasure. We stayed aboard, for the crew was unaware that I had texted my buddy, "When they dive off, let's steal their ship." Fast-forward to the part where we're hearing, "DROP ANCHOR! DROP ANCHOR!" through our headsets, and we were off, only to find out that the crew could simply warp back and ship stealing was a momentary joy and not a permanent one.

Thankfully, after explaining again that we meant no ill will and only wanted to see what would happen if we stole a ship, we continued sailing around with them for a bit longer, and they were kind enough to share some of the loot we acquired.

Truthfully one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had playing games with strangers.

Avatar image for subspecies
#37 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@xantufrog: This is going to be one game that pushes a lot of people to pick up a PSVR, I think.

Avatar image for Epak_
#38 Posted by Epak_ (10641 posts) -

I'm excited for this.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#39 Posted by freedomfreak (51141 posts) -

Not hooking up the VR for this shit.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#40 Edited by uninspiredcup (32757 posts) -

@subspecies said:
@fedor said:

@subspecies: Yep. Remember when IGN stole the Dead Cells review by a youtuber nearly word for word? Good times.

The guy that made this article/vid is not that person. **shrugs**

Yea but IGN on a whole is generally considered shit. Ignoring all that stuff, it's widely known for extreme hyperbole.

It also has fat 30+ kneckbeards who sexually harasses woman 10 years younger, while parading them around the front-page like prostitutes for geeks with a tissue to get a cheap shake of Mr. Sausage under the guise of news.

Does Naomi Kyle even know how to boot up an Xbox? She looks like she barely knows how to operate her lungs.

Appalling stuff, for sure.

And that guy who said Sonic sucks, legit looks like a Neanderthal. He should be taken for testing in a lab imo.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#41 Posted by I_P_Daily (11400 posts) -

@subspecies said:
@KBFloYd said:

Considering the PSVR is the King of VR upper-end headsets in terms of individual headsets sold by a huge margin, posting the King of the Jungle is appropriate, I should say. Good call.

Different persona same old shit lol.

Its not "upper" end its mid-tier garbage.

Subspecies plays PSVR while Reduc is crying out for help lol.
Subspecies plays PSVR while Reduc is crying out for help lol.

Avatar image for pelvist
#42 Edited by pelvist (7364 posts) -

NMS is a shit, boring game but I will at least reinstall it to try it out in VR.

Avatar image for FinalFighters
#43 Edited by FinalFighters (3137 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

PSVR is better then this crap

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#44 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4347 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Sonic was never good.

So much truth.

Avatar image for subspecies
#45 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: True indeed. Sonic was never good. It was great.

@FinalFighters: Every other pic of labo I see is more ridiculous than the last.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#46 Edited by uninspiredcup (32757 posts) -

There's a cult developed around hating Sonic, and IGN's it's' David Koresh.

Avatar image for subspecies
#47 Edited by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Pssst, hey there:

"PSVR"

"Upper end"

"Reduc"

"I_Fall_For_The_Same_Troll_Act_Daily (yearly, actually)"

There. That should be enough to trigger you for another, oh, three or so years, huh? Oh, and, there's at least a passing chance that reduc/subs are both sitting on the right in that gif. I'll let you nibble-gnaw on that for a bit, sweetie. Mmmmwa. ;)

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#48 Posted by I_P_Daily (11400 posts) -

@subspecies said:

@i_p_daily: Pssst, hey there:

"PSVR"

"Upper end"

"Reduc"

"I_Fall_For_The_Same_Troll_Act_Daily (yearly, actually)"

There. That should be enough to trigger you for another, oh, three or so years, huh? Oh, and, there's at least a passing chance that reduc/subs are both sitting on the right in that gif. I'll let you nibble-gnaw on that for a bit, sweetie. Mmmmwa. ;)

I knew I would get a bite, and boy I got a BIG one LOL.

Avatar image for subspecies
#49 Posted by Subspecies (303 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Lol, hehe. Til next time, compatriot. Have a blessed day. :)