IGN Destiny Review

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Game was just too hyped for it's own good. Lots of ppl are having fun with the game despite what some reviews say. Most reviewers don't put themselves in the place of the gamer anyway.

II'm enjoying it and I couldn't care less what some guy who played it for a day thinks.

Most ppl who say they don't like it haven't even played it....or only played it for a few hours. Thats like making a decision on WOW without ever getting into raids.

Game is great...when your game is hype to be the next coming of christ it's going to disappoint lots of ppl....even when it's just a good game and nothing more.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#52 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@leandrro said:

when Bribegn gives 7.8 for a massive release like this, this means the game really suck

no

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

Still less than what hype predicted. Your fault cows and lems.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

IGN is one of the biggest offenders when it comes to over hyping games

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

People are bitching about the "overhyping" of Destiny, which is silly. If you had money invested in it you too would be glad Activision put so much effort in to advertising it as the be all end all for games.

What's more important in business: maximizing your profits, or being an honest Abe truth teller?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#56 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

Its not visually stunning at all. yes, the art direction is great but the engine used is bleh so wouldn't go as far as saying 'stunning'.

Probably just comes down to your definition of "stunning" but every review I've read has commented on how good looking Destiny is and from my time with it I would definitely agree Destiny is a looker.

Backgrounds do certainly look good and even stunning in some places but up close its nowhere near amazing.

Stunning? No. But at this point NO game is for me. But it is beautiful. Understand I have been gaming since Pong in the late 1970s. We never could have dreamed games would look as good as Uncharted 2; Halo 4; or the Witcher 2 but hello!!!. They do. So, like everything its subjective. This game is great looking to those who like it, myself included. If you are a "it must be top of the line graphics queen" (wich PS4 and X1 already fail at) then you wont like it. But those who are talking, strategizing, and coordinating throught raids and strikes,...............say enjoy playing nothing and posting.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I dunno why everyone hates IGN. It rates Gamespot like GS did before the infamous Kane and Lynch review... since then seems GS has tried to gain credibility by under scoring games IMO.

I like IGN. Doesnt take its self too seriously I think. And their podcasts (even outside of US) are way better than GS's. I just love the GS forums.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@clone01 said:

@Telekill said:

I'm personally giving Destiny an 8/10.

The story isn't very fleshed out, even after you read the Grimore on Bungie.net, but the game is still a lot of fun when you're playing with friends.

Me, too. I think it would kind of suck playing by yourself. But, yeah, with friends it puts it over that line.

That says more about your friends than the game.

What I mean by that is it's the group of people you are playing with that makes the game fun, not actually the game itself. It doesn't suddenly become less repetitive, or its bosses less spongy and lame, or its pvp less of a boring grind, or any of that. It's not like it's a Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor scenario where there are design decisions in place that make the coop a substantial part of the experience, it's more like coop in any other shooter, and if we're being honest anything is fun with the right group of people.

Eh, to an extent. Too Human was awful, even with friends.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

IGN's review is much closer. Go figure.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

That was a well-written review, and I agree with most of its points.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I liken Destiny to Assassins Creed 1. It's a good proof of concept for a new IP. Needs a whole lot of improvements.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Admission time.

I'm really enjoying Destiny. More than any shooter I can think of for ages. Considering the game will be added to and kept going for years it's really quite something.

a173186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 a173186
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Destiny is a pretty unique experience. There's some elements I recognize from other games but I've have a lot of fun with the help of www.destinygamevideos.com to get me ahead of the game.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

The game is poop.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@clone01 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

That says more about your friends than the game.

What I mean by that is it's the group of people you are playing with that makes the game fun, not actually the game itself. It doesn't suddenly become less repetitive, or its bosses less spongy and lame, or its pvp less of a boring grind, or any of that. It's not like it's a Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor scenario where there are design decisions in place that make the coop a substantial part of the experience, it's more like coop in any other shooter, and if we're being honest anything is fun with the right group of people.

Eh, to an extent. Too Human was awful, even with friends.

I played with Jandurin, it was a hoot.

GlassdoorGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GlassdoorGamer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The same reviewer said to ignore Diabolo 3's storyline because its all about killing stuff. Yet he slags Destiny's story when FPSs are predominately about killing stuff? I know the game was overhyped and didn't deliver to the hype but it's still a very fun and good game. Definitely better than Diabolo.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#67 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

Its not visually stunning at all. yes, the art direction is great but the engine used is bleh so wouldn't go as far as saying 'stunning'.

Probably just comes down to your definition of "stunning" but every review I've read has commented on how good looking Destiny is and from my time with it I would definitely agree Destiny is a looker.

Destiny looks so crisp and vivid I'm really impressed with the graphics.