IGN Caught Manipulating Game Reviews [UPDATE: IGN Responds]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#501 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

lols GS is totally taking advantage of this situation. The more igns credibility is destroyed, the better for GS (u can confirm this by just look at this thread still open and going)

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#502 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

lols GS is totally taking advantage of this situation. The more igns credibility is destroyed, the better for GS (u can confirm this by just look at this thread still open and going)

GiveMeSomething
Nothing about credibility helps GameSpot, anytime someone put the words credibility and GameSpot together, everyone immediately thinks of two other words; Jeff Girstmann
Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#503 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]

meetroid8

Nothing about credibility helps GameSpot, anytime someone put the words credibility and GameSpot together, everyone immediately thinks of two other words; Jeff Girstmann

Still, having a thread like this is pure defamation (whether the claims are true or not, doesnt even matter). As usual, GS is showing their lack of ethics and tact. YUMMY.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#504 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]

GiveMeSomething

Still, having a thread like this is pure defamation (whether the claims are true or not, doesnt even matter). As usual, GS is showing their lack of ethics and tact. YUMMY.

What does GS have to do with this thread?
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

[QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]Can we all agree that this is mainly a jab at IGN's scoring of Uncharted 3? Daemon is just one reviewer. So what about the rest of the staff at IGN?heretrix

Not that great. what's your point? Are you honestly trying to say that IGN is a decent website? It's a damn mess.

How is it a damn mess? Compared to other game sites, how is it a mess?
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]Can we all agree that this is mainly a jab at IGN's scoring of Uncharted 3? Daemon is just one reviewer. So what about the rest of the staff at IGN?

:lol: Because we all SO praised and even respected IGN before their Uncharted 3 review.

They have been praised for some of their past reviews, but some don't. Daemon made a mistake and he IGNorantly denied it. Now is this one guy really going to affect the entire site's credibility? You people are so funny :lol:
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#507 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]Can we all agree that this is mainly a jab at IGN's scoring of Uncharted 3? Daemon is just one reviewer. So what about the rest of the staff at IGN?Bazooka_4ME
:lol: Because we all SO praised and even respected IGN before their Uncharted 3 review.

They have been praised for some of their past reviews, but some don't. Daemon made a mistake and he IGNorantly denied it. Now is this one guy really going to affect the entire site's credibility? You people are so funny :lol:

Even before this whole thing IGN's credibility has been questioned. This just enhances it is all.