if zephyr is released.. PS3 will sell more!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBoss5777
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts

I cant wait until this new 360 is announced. Not because i want one, but because it will be so fun seeing lemmings owned and microsoft shooting themselves in the foot.  I mean seriously, isnt the way to win over the competition is by LOWERING prices and not RAISING THEM. I mean seriously, this new 360 is such a bad idea. 1st off, not only are they screwing over 9 million 360 owners by releasing a newer and "improved" 360, but now that MS is releasing a console that is $80.00 mor, that will put the price at $480.00 more dollars, just $20.00 shy of what a 20 gig PS3 cost. The average gamer isnt going to give a crap about IPTV, so for the gamers that dont own a PS3 or a 360 yet, that gamer is going to lean toward the PS3.. I mean it makes sense, for $20.00 more might as well buy the superior console with free online, more reliable console and built in blu ray player with a built in web browser. I mean seriously, cows should be happy that this new 360 is coming out, it puts the PS3 at an advantage.

Not only that, but by the time the new 360 is released, chances are all the great PS3 games will already be out which will sway gamers even more so to go with the PS3. 

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

:lol:

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
You do realize that MS isn't dropping the Core or Premium models right? All the zephyr/elite is is an option for those who plan on using IPTV and download movies through XBL. All MS is going to do with the Zephyr is steal sales from people who were planning on buying a PS3 as an media centre, and I'd bet they'd rather have the ability to download TV shows and movies plus IPTV than what the PS3 offers right now. Besides, chances are MS is going to drop the price of the core and premium either when the zephyr/elite is launched or when Halo 3 comes out.
xLegend24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 xLegend24
Member since 2007 • 814 Posts
Right?:roll: Like the PS3 outsold the GBA in February.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts

I cant wait until this new 360 is announced. Not because i want one, but because it will be so fun seeing lemmings owned and microsoft shooting themselves in the foot. I mean seriously, isnt the way to win over the competition is by LOWERING prices and not RAISING THEM. I mean seriously, this new 360 is such a bad idea. 1st off, not only are they screwing over 9 million 360 owners by releasing a newer and "improved" 360, but now that MS is releasing a console that is $80.00 mor, that will put the price at $480.00 more dollars, just $20.00 shy of what a 20 gig PS3 cost. The average gamer isnt going to give a crap about IPTV, so for the gamers that dont own a PS3 or a 360 yet, that gamer is going to lean toward the PS3.. I mean it makes sense, for $20.00 more might as well buy the superior console with free online, more reliable console and built in blu ray player with a built in web browser. I mean seriously, cows should be happy that this new 360 is coming out, it puts the PS3 at an advantage.

Not only that, but by the time the new 360 is released, chances are all the great PS3 games will already be out which will sway gamers even more so to go with the PS3.

BigBoss5777

So the average gamer doesn't give a crap about IPTV, but DOES give a crap about Blu Ray and a web browser:? 

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

:lol:

ironwarrior2
that's what i thought. he's trying the good ol' reverse psychology thing. i'm off to go read the post now.
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts

haha rofl are you serious. lets see

Get a xbox 360 with a 120 gig hard drive

or spend MORE

and get a ps3 with a 20 gig hard drive

you have freaking genious logic there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts

Wait guys think about it...

Have your heads exploded yet? 

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Dude, you made this same thread THIS MORNING.  Why did you make a new one?  Just go back to the old one.  Here is a Link

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts

Dude, you made this same thread THIS MORNING. Why did you make a new one? Just go back to the old one. Here is a Link

Bgrngod
But that one is soooo this morning...
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

or spend MORE

DoctorBunny
No, don't you get it. People will want the PS3 because it has less stuff for more money. That means it has to be good.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"]

or spend MORE

Japanese_Monk
No, don't you get it. People will want the PS3 because it has less stuff for more money. That means it has to be good.

No no no.. jesus you guys. It has less for ONLY $20 more...DUH?!?!
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

or spend MORE

DoctorBunny

I have to ask are you serious. As a gamer i would defitnitly go with the ps3 for $20 more with the hd player.

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bman784
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"]

or spend MORE

InfamousC

I have to ask are you serious. As a gamer i would defitnitly go with the ps3 for $20 more with the hd player.

As one known to be the epitome of objective opinion:roll:
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
Teh Self ownage ..... its BLINDING !!!! ... my eyes ... my eyes ...
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]

I cant wait until this new 360 is announced. Not because i want one, but because it will be so fun seeing lemmings owned and microsoft shooting themselves in the foot. I mean seriously, isnt the way to win over the competition is by LOWERING prices and not RAISING THEM. I mean seriously, this new 360 is such a bad idea. 1st off, not only are they screwing over 9 million 360 owners by releasing a newer and "improved" 360, but now that MS is releasing a console that is $80.00 mor, that will put the price at $480.00 more dollars, just $20.00 shy of what a 20 gig PS3 cost. The average gamer isnt going to give a crap about IPTV, so for the gamers that dont own a PS3 or a 360 yet, that gamer is going to lean toward the PS3.. I mean it makes sense, for $20.00 more might as well buy the superior console with free online, more reliable console and built in blu ray player with a built in web browser. I mean seriously, cows should be happy that this new 360 is coming out, it puts the PS3 at an advantage.

bman784

So the average gamer doesn't give a crap about IPTV, but DOES give a crap about Blu Ray and a web browser:?

No, thats what YOU care about. The average gamer does not care about blu-ray at all. It is an unproven format that 99% of gamers cant even take advantage of. also the majority of gamers have a PC and do not need web browsing.

what it boils down to is games. for the same price they can get a 360 with 120 gigs or a ps3 with 20 gigs. almost identical graphics and many of the same games. Microsoft with the better current library of games too.

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]

DoctorBunny

No, thats what YOU care about. The average gamer does not care about blu-ray at all. It is an unproven format that 99% of gamers cant even take advantage of. also the majority of gamers have a PC and do not need web browsing.

what it boils down to is games. for the same price they can get a 360 with 120 gigs or a ps3 with 20 gigs. almost identical graphics and many of the same games. Microsoft with the better current library of games too.

The :? smiley is indicative of a sarcastically stated question, further emphsized by the capitalization of the word "DOES". Aka, I wasn't expressing an opinion, just offering a question to the OP.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="bman784"]

bman784

The :? smiley is indicative of a sarcastically stated question, further emphsized by the capitalization of the word "DOES". Aka, I wasn't expressing an opinion, just offering a question to the OP.

Sans the question mark ;)
csgamer7399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 csgamer7399
Member since 2004 • 930 Posts
Don't know if it will help sell more ps3's, but does show further proof they rushed the 360
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

You do realize that MS isn't dropping the Core or Premium models right? All the zephyr/elite is is an option for those who plan on using IPTV and download movies through XBL. All MS is going to do with the Zephyr is steal sales from people who were planning on buying a PS3 as an media centre, and I'd bet they'd rather have the ability to download TV shows and movies plus IPTV than what the PS3 offers right now. Besides, chances are MS is going to drop the price of the core and premium either when the zephyr/elite is launched or when Halo 3 comes out.pundog

With Sony Pictures the Top Films grossing studio i expect better content on PS3

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

If people don't want IPTV then they will buy the premium version.

If someone wants a car, they don't buy a van. Simple logic.

Also Bigboss, you made a thread identical to this earlier.

You've already admitted the 360 is better than the PS3, stop trying to convince yourself that you didn't waste $600 on a product you don't use. 

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

They will have 3 options to choose, consumers will see $299, $399 and whatever the other one cost. Most of them will not get that other one since that one is only for a niche group.

So you seem to forget that they have 3 price points and consumers will still go for the cheaper one and the ps3 isn't even there for them to think about.

Stumpt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Stumpt25
Member since 2006 • 1482 Posts
lol... im a cow, but i gotta say.. this one is an idiot.. i mean, you said 'I mean seriously...' 3 times in one paragraph!!! sorry lemms, i am ashamed
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

lol... im a cow, but i gotta say.. this one is an idiot.. i mean, you said 'I mean seriously...' 3 times in one paragraph!!! sorry lemms, i am ashamedStumpt25

What's even more sad is, he has the propancity to post the same topics over and over again and hyped just about every PS3 release to date...

irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 irtaylor
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

Here's an average gamer right here.

I can barely afford a PS3, and I can barely afford a 360.

And when I do have enough cash to buy either, you think I'm gonna drop another 2000 on a TV just to use a feature (Blu-Ray or HD-DVD) thats minor and doesn't "Enhance My Gaming Experience"? The answer is no, I'm not intrested HD-DVD or Blu-Ray, I'm fine with my 20 dollar Dvd player. The only thing theve done for gamers is increase the price we have to pay just to experience next gen gaming.

So 360 gamers, buy your HD-DVD addon, you'll barely use it anyway.

PS3 gamers, drop 600 bucks on a system, bet your barely gonna use your "25 gig next-gen" media format.

Me personally, I'm not supporting either until they decide to drop the price and actually show me I'm getting my money's worth. 

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"]

or spend MORE

bman784

As one known to be the epitome of objective opinion:roll:

lol nevermind him...he's one of the biggest fanboys on SW 

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
dont make these threads until MS ACTUALLY confirms it >.> its only speculation and your already getting so worked up geeze.