If you have completed TLOU and....

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Did not play it on Survivor difficulty with Listen mode turned off, you are doing it wrong. Finishing it on normal is one thing, perhaps the get the feel for the game, but for people complaining about the game system not featuring enough, this is perhaps your kind of meal as every moment does indeed count.

Has anyone else played it this way or there is big backlog of game still needed to go through?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Perhaps against the humans but the infected will always suck donkey balls.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megaspiderweb09

@Lulu_Lulu: Bill said ''I'm not scared of the infected, at least they are predictable, its the humans that scare me''. It ties into the theme of the game bro

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I'll play it on Survivor years from now to see how it's aged.

I already played it with Listen Mode off on Hard the first time. Of course, I didn't get my trophies for easy and normal :(

Another reason I'm not playing on Survivor is because every Infected part in that game ever. Wish there was a way to just skip them.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

@Blabadon: Yeah the infected portions can be a bit of chore... I'll most likely go back to it later on as well... The payoff from winter till the end is just so good.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blabadon

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon: Yeah the infected portions can be a bit of chore... I'll most likely go back to it later on as well... The payoff from winter till the end is just so good.

I just got a moderation for the first time on the new site.

You're going down, E. Way, way down

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

And I personally recommend everyone to play the game in combat. As a huge fan of The Last Of Us I have to say the stealth lacks some depth. Naughty Dog got rid of so many animations from Uncharted 3 just for the sake of differing from it.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By megaspiderweb09

@Blabadon said:

I'll play it on Survivor years from now to see how it's aged.

I already played it with Listen Mode off on Hard the first time. Of course, I didn't get my trophies for easy and normal :(

Another reason I'm not playing on Survivor is because every Infected part in that game ever. Wish there was a way to just skip them.

Whaaaa, that has to be one weird bug or something.

I don't know if the Infected sections felt like a chore considering they are not as many in comparison to human contacts

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Great game. Hardest difficulty is indeed a challenge

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm about halfway through the game on Survivor. I definitely won't be platinuming this game.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@Lulu_Lulu: Bill said ''I'm not scared of the infected, at least they are predictable, its the humans that scare me''. It ties into the theme of the game bro

i heard there was one point they considered not even having the infected in the game as enemies.

i will say though. that flooded basement generator part. hard as hell until i learned the trick of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Played it without listen mode of survivor and I will say it's the best way to play the game

But normal mode shouldn't be so easy either. Something called "normal" should be the normal way to play it and it gives you way too much ammo. Then again the game throws way too many gunfights at you unnecessarily at times. Especially the dam after meeting Tommy again and the house after the horse section

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Blabadon: I completed the game once, and I didn't earn a single trophy for anything my entire playthrough, could be bugged?

I don't have time to play through it again just now, but hopefully in the future I will play it on the hardest difficulty.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I don't think it's possible to excuse bad mechanics through "because themes".

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blabadon

@_Matt_ said:

@Blabadon: I completed the game once, and I didn't earn a single trophy for anything my entire playthrough, could be bugged?

I don't have time to play through it again just now, but hopefully in the future I will play it on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah, it was notoriously buggy for its trophy payouts after you beat the game. I didn't mind too much as I was gonna replay it in the future.

I think you can call Sony about the bugs if you care enough lol

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

I just got a moderation for the first time on the new site.

You're going down, E. Way, way down

Wow... my first wrongful accusation... haha. I actually just signed in to spend some time reading how it all works. I look forward to adding to your lengthy Mod history shortly though buddy... ;)

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@_Matt_ said:

Yeah, it was notoriously buggy for its trophy payouts after you beat the game. I didn't mind too much as I was gonna replay it in the future.

I think you can call Sony about the bugs if you care enough lol

Ha maybe I'll call em just for giggles.

I don't think the Platinum will be easy/quick enough for me to bother with all of them though anyway to be fair.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Good tip. Definitely a feature I'll check out. I really liked that game.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Maybe I'll rob my brother's copy. Don't like the idea of a stealth game based on chest-high walls, no problem trying though.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Didn't change the fact that many of the gameplay elements, namely the survivial/crafting aspects, are superficial at best. Sound mode is not very relevant, since the enemies always spawn in the same positions and follow the same routes. It wasn't my first playthrough, so I basically remembered where they were.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

I"beat the game" by watching it on youtube all the way to the ending.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Wonder how many reviewers of the 200 plus that gave TLOU GOTY had the time to play the game on that level, TC? So they probably "did it wrong" then. And the awards don't count then?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#23 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Survivor was actually pretty fun to play. I liked that they didn't make it super cheap by just increasing damage done to you and reducing damage done to enemies. Instead, supplies are much more scarce and listening mode is gone. Definitely have to use stealth more, or use up all the ammo you have and hope enemies drop some more.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I dont care about different difficulties one bit.. played the game on Normal mode and had an amazing time, i love to play story based games on Normal or Easy so i can fully enjoy the story and not feel like the need to rage quit the game.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@TheEroica said:

The fact that the recently infected (read: more humanlike) have better eyesight than the human enemies, when the infection eventually turns you COMPLETELY BLIND is beyond stupid. They can see you a mile off and then boom, section ruined.

They should have kept the clickers for variety, and just done away with the zombies. They suck.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I always meant to play it through again, get some Trophies...but the ending damn near ruined the game for me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Maybe I'll play that mode later on. It was great on normal.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blabadon

@dommeus said:

@TheEroica said:

The fact that the recently infected (read: more humanlike) have better eyesight than the human enemies, when the infection eventually turns you COMPLETELY BLIND is beyond stupid. They can see you a mile off and then boom, section ruined.

They should have kept the clickers for variety, and just done away with the zombies. They suck.

You know what's really dumb? I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog says the big popcorn heads (those are clickers, right?) use echolocation, but that doesn't make sense; Joel not moving near them does not mean their echolocation shouldn't detect him since the sound waves they produce should be bouncing back differently.

I found that pretty funny.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 megaspiderweb09

@seanmcloughlin: Yeah, i thought i was the only one who saw that section as filler, they sure could have been more smart about it. Cause one thing about the game was making the waves of enemies less in favour of little intense encounters init but that section just felt draggy

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 megaspiderweb09

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I was not aware the game became unplayable at any point

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I didn't say unplayable, I sad a bad mechanic. Lulu had said that the AI of the infected is bad. I've heard this a lot from other people. You cannot excuse a poorly designed aspect of the game by saying "it's part of the theme of the game".

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@ megaspiderweb09

Doesn't make it a better game. Also they were being selective, if the zombies suck because thats the theme then why isn't this logic extented to other areas of the game. You ever killed a guy who had a gun but doesn't dropp any ammo ? I mean, if he spotted you, he was definately going to shoot you. Wheres your "theme" now huh ?!

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I finished it once on hard with listener mode off and i got really frustrated towards the end so no i am not planning to do a survivor playthrough any time soon.(f those stupid stealth sections i hated them)

maybe in 2 years from now.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I didn't say unplayable, I sad a bad mechanic. Lulu had said that the AI of the infected is bad. I've heard this a lot from other people. You cannot excuse a poorly designed aspect of the game by saying "it's part of the theme of the game".

the AI of the infected isn't bad, idk where you got that from. It was designed to work that way, and that's how it was. 1 Infected type was blind but could 1 hit kill you so if you walked slowly and stabbed it, it was easy, the other didn't hurt much but could see and always charged at you so you can just rambo those with bats and stuff. It was made that way it doesn't mean it was bad mechanics. They could have just made it a complete chore that they spew poison gasses from far away and explode and you had to be forced to play "camping tactics" in a corner waiting for them to move to take a step into the next chair ._. it's not the best variation to monsters but it's fine as it is.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

So if the infected were deliberately, badly designed then we can't call them out on it ? No Fair !

Bad is bad, no matter how deliberate it was..... True Story.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

So the infected were badly designed? Didn't seem that way to me I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

the AI of the infected isn't bad, idk where you got that from. It was designed to work that way, and that's how it was. 1 Infected type was blind but could 1 hit kill you so if you walked slowly and stabbed it, it was easy, the other didn't hurt much but could see and always charged at you so you can just rambo those with bats and stuff. It was made that way it doesn't mean it was bad mechanics. They could have just made it a complete chore that they spew poison gasses from far away and explode and you had to be forced to play "camping tactics" in a corner waiting for them to move to take a step into the next chair ._. it's not the best variation to monsters but it's fine as it is.

Don't think what you're talking about could be classed as "AI".

I'd say the AI in general for the whole game is overrated. It's not bad but it's nothing spectacular either like some people claim it to be.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 megaspiderweb09

@Lulu_Lulu: Your defination of bad?

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Listen mode should be turned off at all times. It's disgusting that Naughty Dog added that feature.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blabadon

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Joedgabe said:

I'd say the AI in general for the whole game is overrated. It's not bad but it's nothing spectacular either like some people claim it to be.

Honestly, at a lot of points *cough* hotel sequence *cough* it can actually get bad.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

That's what i did because i know listen bullshit will kill the tense atmosphere. Was amazing and ppl playing with it are teh casualz

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I should. But I don't know. There's a lot I still need to play/finish.

I do want to give it another playthrough though.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Played it without listen mode of survivor and I will say it's the best way to play the game

But normal mode shouldn't be so easy either. Something called "normal" should be the normal way to play it and it gives you way too much ammo. Then again the game throws way too many gunfights at you unnecessarily at times. Especially the dam after meeting Tommy again and the house after the horse section

They probably made it easier to play because the gameplay can be off-putting to some people.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ megaspiderweb09

Actually heres the thing, its not bad. Its just not fun not even alil, if they set out to create Zombie AI no different from other zombie AI then the more accurate description would be bland or boring. But since boring is bad then I can and will describe the infected AI as badly designed. :D just a demo of Lulu's cognitive process.....on a good day.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Actually Listen Mode was created for those without surround, I'm not entirely sure how many people don't got surround sound speakers.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Joedgabe said:

didn't say it was spectacular it just felt like it worked like it was meant. It could use improvement but it never felt like they tried to push it. Not perfect though but good enough for the game imo.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Did not play it on Survivor difficulty with Listen mode turned off, you are doing it wrong.

The game is already excruciatingly tedious and boring to begin with. What would be the appeal of playing on a mode that just makes it worse.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

So if the infected were deliberately, badly designed then we can't call them out on it ? No Fair !

Bad is bad, no matter how deliberate it was..... True Story.

This is amusing, considering your argument in the other thread, I agree, bad is bad.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@Telekill said:

I'm about halfway through the game on Survivor. I definitely won't be platinuming this game.

Well if your interested in getting the plat (if your a trophy hunter), there is an easy method for beating the game on survivor if that difficulty is too hard for you. Do chapter selected and select survivor difficulty for each chapter you play, but play the game via chapter select in opposite order (meaning start with last chapter of game and move back until you played each chapter of game). WHat this does is give full (fullish depending on how you play each chapter) ammo, This should make it a lot easier

EDIT:

This method of course requires you to have beaten the game on a previous difficulty (easy or normal)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I hate it when dip-shits tell people they're play any given game "wrong".