If Wii owners luv motion controls so much, it's time to upgrade to Move.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

Move is superior in everyway if used right, it's totally 1 to 1 tracking, you play a game like tumble and each mm of slight movement is picked up and precise, resi evil 5 move edition is fantastic and if you luv resi evil 4 with the Wii then you will luv RE5 with move, since Wii owners luv motion controls so much isn't it time to upgrade to the superior product?

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Too bad the Wii is cheap as dirt.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Not as long as said product offers inferior software.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Call me when it is reasonably priced and has some good games. Also, don't even think about comparing Resident Evil 4 to Resident Evil 5. Resident Evil 4 was a masterpiece. 5 was derivative, but even worse, it had terrible AI (both co-op and enemy) and a terrible story. Not to mention the inventory management.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Give them another year or 2.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Sorry, I don't luv motion controls that much

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
No thanks. No interest in Move. And it's not upgrading the Wii if the controller is made my Sony. It's more like "jumping ship" (another story if you're a multiplat owner who wants both).
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

ImaPirate0202
yer but look at the old hardware it's got under the hood, Wii could be said to be overpriced not underpriced
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ok first off let me make it very clear for you to understand

wii owners or 360 owners do not need to buy a ps3

simple as that, -you dont control them

2ndly why buy an expensive accessory to have the same feature wii comes standard with and has games to show for it

3rd move and kenict are like the majority of the press has said-wait and see kind of deals

they are not first and formost the most important thing on sony or mses mind

as you can tell by the lack of hardcore games /actual oriignal new games support

the only support they are recieving is support from games already on wii as it is just with new names slapped on

and or are multiplats available on all 3 systems

so for the time being i see no point in making your claims

you cant back up that its more better then wiimotion plus or wii mote by it self

as far as i can see , wii mote is still number 1 in my book because the simple fact that it doesnt cost 400-450 to get access to it

and it has all gamesmade for wii that use it

move and kenict are not compatible with each and every game , made

had they been compatible then at least theyd be equal to i cant say greater then because well most people dont enjoy motion to begin with , and no one does it better then nintendo im sorry but that is a fact

each and everything nintenod has brought us was brought to us with quality and guarantee in mind for instance , we have always had good exclusive games made by nintendo

regardless of their situations

they do not rely on 3rd party which as far as this gen goes 3rd party has been slacking in some areas here and there

which is why the majority of japans and us sales charts show only new releases and returning nintendo games

within the top 10

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
The one advantage that Wii has over Playstation Move is the fact that it already has a strong library of games. That is mostly because the Wii has been out since 2006, but how could a just launched Playstation move with only a handful of casual games compete with Wii at this time?
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#11 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Not if it costs an arm and a leg just to get slightly better motion tracking :?. I mean, if "upgrading" refers to getting the console as well as the peripherals, I think Wii owners would be satisfied with what they've got all these years ;).
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Why? It's the same thing. Tumble and Boom Blox have identical controls. Except Boom Blox is the better game... Same with RE4. Even Wii Sports Resort is better than the bland Sports Champoins.

I'll get move when it has a decent game.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

mitu123

So...basically we're back to "just wait", huh?

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Except the Wii right now has better games for motion controls.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Move is superior in everyway if used right, it's totally 1 to 1 tracking, you play a game like tumble and each mm of slight movement is picked up and precise, resi evil 5 move edition is fantastic and if you luv resi evil 4 with the Wii then you will luv RE5 with move, since Wii owners luv motion controls so much isn't it time to upgrade to the superior product?

Totalgym9000

Maybe Wii owners "luv" Wii games, and the Wiimote just happens to be the control method used for the console...

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Either you're trolling or you're just being silly. First off, it's line-up is horrible and I don't see it getting any better either, honestly. Secondly, when compared you compare prices, the Wii is drastically cheaper.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

svetzenlether

So...basically we're back to "just wait", huh?

Yea, pretty much.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Either you're trolling or you're just being silly. First off, it's line-up is horrible and I don't see it getting any better either, honestly. Secondly, when compared you compare prices, the Wii is drastically cheaper.

Zophar87

Move isn't even that much better than WM+. The difference is minimal at best.

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Totalgym9000
The Wii is cheaper, offers similar level of motion controls with Wii Plus, and has a WAY better library of games right now. Metroid, Mario, etc.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Move isn't even that much better than WM+. The difference is minimal at best.

goblaa

I have not used a Move yet so I cannot give a proper opinion.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

Why would I pay more to get the same thing I can get on the Wii? Unless the PS3 drops in price again and Move gets games that are impossible on the Wii(And I'm not talking about HD graphics. I'm talking about games that use Move in ways that are impossible for the Wiimote to reproduce.) I'll stick to my Wii for the moment.

I'll be blunt here, Microsoft and Sony are late to the party. They may avoid a failure of 32X levels, but I don't see Move or Kinect helping the 360 or PS3 overtake the Wii at this point. Nintendo has more freedom to slash the price on the Wii and bring out games that will keep the Wii selling and prevent Sony and Microsoft from gaining too much momentum from Move and Kinect.

Kinect and Move may boost sales, but they arrived too late to turn the tide of this generation.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts
Sorry but Wii has the largest number of unique games this generation.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Totalgym9000

Superior how exactly? Why would I wanna go out and spend a couple hundred bucks on that when I already have a Wii? I might use move if it was bundled with my PS3 when I got it for $299 with no extra price, otherwise forget it.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Where are the top quality games? That´s the problem.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Wii has better games.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Wii has better games.

Pixel-Pirate

Well I'm not agreeing with the TC but your logic doesn't make sense why did you buy a PS3, Wii or 360 in the first place you could have just sticked with your PS2 it got better games the the current 3 consoles more AAA, AA and A games and its as cheap as dirt.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Wii has better games.

Kashiwaba

Well I'm not agreeing with the TC but your logic doesn't make sense why did you buy a PS3, Wii or 360 in the first place you could have just sticked with your PS2 it got better games the the current 3 consoles more AAA, AA and A games and its as cheap as dirt.

Because the Wii has better games than the PS2 to me?

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Weve sold one playstation move at my local gamestop since it was released so i dont think people are all that excited about jumping ship from the wii to the move.Mayve its selling better in other areas but here its doing absolutly nothing.I dont have exact numbers at the moment but we have a few hundred reserves for kinect so i think microsoft will do better than sony in the motion control area but im not sure either will unseat the wii,although i think kinect will definatly be a hit at launch wheather its good or not.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Wii has better games.

Kashiwaba

Maybe it's his opinion that Wii has better games and doesn't necessarily agree with what games GameSpot think are AAA or AA or whatever.

Avatar image for SexySasquatch11
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SexySasquatch11
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

Totalgym9000

I loved RE4 on the Wii I thought it made that game a lot better but RE5 with move won't be on the same leauge as RE4 on the Wii. You wanna know way? It's really quite simple...take a good game add motion controls that work and you get a better game, take a bad game, RE5, add motion controls that work and you still have a BAD game! Motions controls can ruin a good game but it cant save a bad one.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

Totalgym9000
Well I think it will be better for actual motion control but I don't think it will be as good for pointer control.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I didn't get a Wii for motion controls. I just like Nintendo consoles mainly because of Nintendo games.

But in saying that, motion controls are good anyway, and since the Wii had it since launch, it has a large library of games using it, while the Move doesn't. Furthermore, Move isn't that much better than WM+.

Finally, Wii is cheaper.

So no, I will not be downgrading to a PS3/Move.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Wii has better games.

Bigboi500

Maybe it's his opinion that Wii has better games and doesn't necessarily agree with what games GameSpot think are AAA or AA or whatever.

I've never understood the mindset that "What gamespot says is better is fact!". But I guess that is why I almost never venture outside of Offtopic.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Totalgym9000

What if they simply prefer Nintendo IPs? :|

I mean, Move is more advanced, but it's not bringing Mario your way anytime soon...

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
  • Superior motion controls
  • augmented reality with the camera
  • HD
  • trophies

extras

• Sony core games
  • 3rd party games not on my Wii
  • blu-ray

Hell yeah I'm upgrading! The Wii will collect dust quite a bit , but that's ok. I'll stillhave it for Nintendo game and the occasional 3rd party game. Just because the PS3 issuperior than the Wii in almost every conceivable waydoesn't make the Wii obsolete.

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

Totalgym9000
except wth the so called "superior product" you cant play, mario, kirby, zelda, metroid and other and upcomming wii games
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Sorry but wii owners know that most 3rd party devs aren't talented enough to use motion control in games.
The Move won't have nintendo games. So i don't get why people should downgrade.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Why all the hate for RE5 ? I'll admit that at 1st I didnt like it either, but when I gave the game a 2nd chance the game grew on me, especially when I played it coop with a friend. Once you get used to the controls the game becomes extremely fun to play, buying new guns and unlocking costumes also becomes some what addictive. Its not your traditional RE game but the game it self is not that bad. And the DLC for the was great imo.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

off topic but even though RE5 was a great game it suckd compared to RE4. As a huge fan of RE4 I was left unsatisfied after beating RE5. It wasnt a horror game, the blood was kiddied down a bit for all the stupid kids out there (damn teenagers). OK about move i don't think it'll do that well either but it'll have decent success.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts
For the time being, Move is clearly a better deal for PS3 owners, Wii owners may perefer to wait to see the assumed superiority o Move, it's a matter of time anyway.
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

How is it superior? Going by IGN's review it plays pretty much just like the WM+, both has similiar problems like lighting. Both do their motion controls in different ways but what the results show are pretty much equal. Will probabaly find one setup does something better at a certain task while the other does another task better.

As for Resident Evil 5, again going by IGN's, preview it does'nt sound all that great. Sure it works but it's not as peferectly implemented as WM to Resident Evil 4 was. This could be that Resident Evil 4 was built for WM at the time and Resident Evil 5 only getting Move support later on through a patch.

So really the only reason I can see Wii owners wanting to "upgrade" is if there are games that support Move well enough. Sure PS3 has better graphics, sound and online. You could say games but thats subjective.

As it stands, I really like my Wii, I enjoy the games I have for it and that currently stands at 54 games, not including Wiiware and VC. I also have a 360 but I don't really play it much compared to my Wii. There is some pretty awesome games out on the PS3 and decent up coming games but nothing really that would make me want to buy one as of now. Move launch line up does'nt look all that great but it could improve later on.

As it stands out of the three home consoles the Wii is the better system for me, so no I don't need to "upgrade".

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
I am buying the Move BUT. I buy consoles and systems for the games, not the tech. Wii offers so much more than move it's not even funny.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
The wii unlike move has a lot of great games. Move's launch lineup is mediocre.
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

ImaPirate0202

cheap yet extremely overpriced

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
So, in the hypothetical situation I only have a Wii, I must first buy a ps3 and then buy all the components of Move and then buy software for Move. No thanks, I prefer to buy a Wii that is cheaper and have a better library for motion games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

im a wii owner and i think the wii is a lot better than move :)

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Totalgym9000

It has Mario, Zelda, Metroid, SSBB, Kirby, DKC...? What, no. Ok, Thanks for paticipating.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I just bought a Wii last month and love it. I'm not ready to "upgrade" yet.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

ImaPirate0202
and has 4 years worth of library and game development experience. and has nintendo franchises.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
i like how we should automatically go out and buy something because YOU think it's better.