If Uncharted is so amazing hype it AAA or GTF*

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts

Seriously, SW is full of page after page of topics about how amazing uncharted is. How it is the new graphics king. How it owns everything else out. Yet cows will only hype it AA. No faith in your console?

Cows obviously don't really think its the most amazing game out there if they are only willing to hype it AA.

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
Then what would you hype it if the last exclusive games have flop like they have?
beavisofcod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 beavisofcod2
Member since 2007 • 445 Posts

Seriously, SW is full of page after page of topics about how amazing uncharted is. How it is the new graphics king. How it owns everything else out. Yet cows will only hype it AA. No faith in your console?

Cows obviously don't really think its the most amazing game out there if they are only willing to hype it AA.

JimJackJose

if you hype it AAA people say you're a fanboy dickwad if you hype it AA people say you have no faith in your console

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JimJackJose

I would hype it based on what I thought of the game.

Cows are all scared of GS so they are underhyping on purpose so they can all look good when the game exceedes their under hype of AA.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

beavisofcod2

if you hype it AAA people say you're a fanboy dickwad if you hype it AA people say you have no faith in your console

they only say u dont have any faith when u get the entire fanboy population of said system saying it is the new graphics/gameplay king..

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

We do hype ourGames to be AAA But not on this website

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JimJackJose
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

beavisofcod2

If there were not 40+ topics a day about Uncharted I would not be saying people should hype it higher. It just makes no sense to spend all that time talking about how amazing the game is, then hype it lower then other big name games.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

JimJackJose

how about you GTF*. are saying a game has to get AAA on gamespot to be amazing?

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JimJackJose

K, tell me what does not make sense about this next statement :

Uncharted is the most amazing game ever made it owns every other game out there. I am hyping it AA.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

By keeping the hype-o-meter at AA, it'll be less of a shock when it only scores a A or less... and if it hits AAA, then they'll be like "WOW! It even exceeded mY expectations11!1!1! Developershave cracked the CELL code!!!!121212!!@"

I don't own a PS3, so I don't care what it scores personally. I'm not buying it unless a 360 version comes out. (Or PC version)

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JimJackJose
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

ff7isnumbaone

How about you stop hyping the game if you don't have faith in it.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Listen, I'm a cow and I don't hype ****. I think its stupid.

I haven't played the whole game. So, how in the hell am I gonna be able to tell what some other dude, one that HAS played the whole game, is going to score it here on Game Spot???

From what i saw on the demo, the game delivers. But how do I know for sure without seeing how the story unfolds, without seeing what the otherenvornments look like, without seeing the full game? Its dumb.

Its weak for anyone to hype it at all and its even worse that you worry about it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

ff7isnumbaone

he isnt saying that at all..he's wondering why is this game so hyped by most cows..only to get a offical hype of AA. it's almostthe same case with lost oddessy

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

I hyped AA, its gonna be my last one too, hype threads are pretty useless and stupid.

Avatar image for MIYAMOTOnext007
MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MIYAMOTOnext007
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

lawlessx

he isnt saying that at all..he's wondering why is this game so hyped by most cows..only to get a offical hype of AA. it's almostthe same case with lost oddessy

No not even close. you almost never here about Lost Oddessy, but go into pretty muchany SW thread and you will see a Cow praising Uncharted.
nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

Maybe you should also look at the sheep with SSBB, and lemmings with Lost Odessey (which has calmed down, but was still pretty bad not so long ago).

Simple fact is that this site has become far too unpredictable with its scores lately on all platforms, so much so as to render hyping pointless.

if you can't deal with some people thinking logically on SW, and actually thinking realistically what the score might be on GS,then you need to get off the computer and get a life.

and as a point of reference, some sheep thought SMG would get a 10, and some lemmings are hyping mass effect to be 10. Is that official or represent the majority? No? Then why is it a different rule for the cows?

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

MIYAMOTOnext007

No not even close. you almost never here about Lost Oddessy, but go into pretty muchany SW thread and you will see a Cow praising Uncharted.

Is LO comming in a couple weeks from now? Then that's the reason why you see lots of Uncharted Threads.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I just don't have faith in Gamespot giving Uncharted AAA ........ it has nothing to do with the ps3.It is not a sure thing andI think it could get anywhere from an 8.0 to a 9.0 and but I am going to play it regardless.:D

tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
I'd rather be "owned" than "play it safe".
JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JimJackJose

I'd rather be "owned" than "play it safe".tmatte

Exactly, id rather stand by what I believe in, instead of just making something up to play it safe.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nike_Air

[QUOTE="tmatte"]I'd rather be "owned" than "play it safe".JimJackJose

Exactly, id rather stand by what I believe in, instead of just making something up to play it safe.

A lot of other people would rather hype it what they thinkGamespot will give it rather that what they hope Gamespot gives it.

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JimJackJose

Maybe you should also look at the sheep with SSBB, and lemmings with Lost Odessey (which has calmed down, but was still pretty bad not so long ago).

Simple fact is that this site has become far too unpredictable with its scores lately on all platforms, so much so as to render hyping pointless.

if you can't deal with some people thinking logically on SW, and actually thinking realistically what the score might be on GS,then you need to get off the computer and get a life.

and as a point of reference, some sheep thought SMG would get a 10, and some lemmings are hyping mass effect to be 10. Is that official or represent the majority? No? Then why is it a different rule for the cows?

nicenator

Uncharted is the game that is being underhyped now. What use would it be to say the same about Lost Odessey when by your own admission there are not many threads about it anymore?

My point remains, if people are going to hype the hell out of it by creating dozens of threads everyday why doesn't the "official hype" match it?

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
The reason it is hyped AA is because the mods, for some reason, put the hype thread out like three months ago. This was back when we didn't know much about the game and most of us hyped it AA. I think after playing the demo most of us agree that it is very possible for the game to hit AAA.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="nicenator"]

JimJackJose

Uncharted is the game that is being underhyped now. What use would it be to say the same about Lost Odessey when by your own admission there are not many threads about it anymore?

My point remains, if people are going to hype the hell out of it by creating dozens of threads everyday why doesn't the "official hype" match it?

Making threads about a great looking upcoming game does not necessarily mean that the game needs to be hyped AAA. Why is that so hard to understand ? Some people are hyping it AAA while most are not. That is just the way it is.

Mootw0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mootw0
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

OMFG THE GRAPHIX LOOK PURRFECT AAA FOR SURE

MOOOOOO!!!!!!!

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JimJackJose

I am officially hyping it B so that I am most likely to look good on a videogame forum when the game scores above a 6.

Seriously, thats just silly to think like that. Hype it appropriately.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
you're gonna be pretty much alone on that boat, bro.

10 hour game with no SP won't get 9.0 unless it has some amazing easter eggs and side-stuff to do.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xTHExJUICEx

10 hour game with no SP won't get 9.0 unless it has some amazing easter eggs and side-stuff to do.

Dreams-Visions

Hey GOW1 and 2 scored AAA, so theres hope.

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JimJackJose
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"][QUOTE="nicenator"]

Nike_Air

Making threads about a great looking upcoming game does not necessarily mean that the game needs to be hyped AAA. Why is that so hard to understand ? Some people are hyping it AAA while most are not. That is just the way it is.

There is nothing at all hard to understand about that. However, that is just not the reality here in SW. The past week has been dominated by threads about how amazing uncharted is, yet you feel the majority of people don't feel it's that good?

We must be in different forums.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]you're gonna be pretty much alone on that boat, bro.

xTHExJUICEx

Yeah, butthe boobs were the greatest easter eggs ever.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]you're gonna be pretty much alone on that boat, bro.

xTHExJUICEx

Exactly, wasn't GOW like 10 hours? And Uncharted is 10-15? Personally I think it's stupid to argue length(gears), but go ahead...

Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts

Funny thread, almost sounds threatening lol

ahh funny stuff..

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="JimJackJose"][QUOTE="nicenator"]

JimJackJose

There is nothing at all hard to understand about that. However, that is just not the reality here in SW. The past week has been dominated by threads about how amazing uncharted is, yet you feel the majority of people don't feel it's that good?

The reality is only yourperception .......... You are coming from a place that wants to see the game hyped AAA so you might be able to claim a flop or ownage. People are getting exciting closer to release of an anticipated great game. Like I said before , most people don't have faith that Gamespot will give it AAA. That has nothing to do with how great the game actually is or will be or their faith in the ps3. You need to seperate the two.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xTHExJUICEx
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]you're gonna be pretty much alone on that boat, bro.

ImaPirate0202

Exactly, wasn't GOW like 10 hours? And Uncharted is 10-15? Personally I think it's stupid to argue length(gears), but go ahead...

Yep, both gow1 and 2 were like 10 hour games.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Uncharted is hyped AA, Mass Effect is hyped AAA. Lems actually have faith after GeoW, BioShock, Halo 3 and so one. COws have no faith in their games. It's very sad. :(
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

JimJackJose

:Looks at the MASSIVE hype for SSBB:

:Looks at the OFFICIAL AA Hyped Score:

STFU, you don't know what you're talking about...

Brazil_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Brazil_Surfer
Member since 2004 • 707 Posts

m8, i know what you mean, thats why i made a thread hyping it AAA, more ps3 owners need to get behind this game, they wont be dissapointed

alamgir1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 alamgir1942
Member since 2005 • 700 Posts
Cows are pathetic.They make so many topics about uncharted and say its the best and only hype it AA.lololololol:lol:
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts

Then what would you hype it if the last exclusive games have flop like they have?kentaro22

Well, to be fair, this is GS and in GS Cow games are horrible. Sure, around the world they are considered good (Ratchet for Example), but GS editors seem to dislike it.

The Cows are playing it safe, but at a site like this, I think I would too.

Cows aren't the only ones either, look at SSBB by the sheep.

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
After playing the demo, it seems like an AAA game.
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Crucible

Dreams-Visions

Uh, Bioshock?

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Lair: hyped AA: 4.5

Heavenly sword: hyped AAA: got AA

R&C: hyped AAA: got A

Why would they hype it AAA? Sooner or later everyone is tired of getting owned b/c of flops.

I'll bet it won't even if AAA in GR.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Crucible

Cows are pathetic.They make so many topics about uncharted and say its the best and only hype it AA.lololololol:lol:alamgir1942

Worrying about hype is pathetic.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nike_Air

Uncharted is hyped AA, Mass Effect is hyped AAA. Lems actually have faith after GeoW, BioShock, Halo 3 and so one. COws have no faith in their games. It's very sad. :(BioShockOwnz
Lets pretend ....... MGS4 , UT 3 , GoW III , FFXIII , and GT5 were set to release soon ......... would they get hyped AAA ? That is a rhetorical question by the way. There will be plenty of AAA hyped games to come down the line for the ps3 and those are just some examples. The faith has more to do with Gamespot , the game itself , and what Gamespot will likely score it.uncharted just falls into that territory of a game that has a better chance to score under a 9.0 (here) than it does of scoring a 9.0 or above. It still has a legitimate shot at AAA , but people aren't expecting a AAA score.

You say lems have faith , will they hype all of these games AAA ? Too Human , Splinter Cell , Fable 2 , Banjo , HaloWars , Alan Wake , etc ? A lot of these will fall into that Uncharted territory right ?

teh_lemspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 teh_lemspot
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

Atleast I have pride and I don't fear bashing lemmings.

Uncharted will be AAA, I also see it has some AAAA/GOTY material, but only time will tell...

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JimJackJose
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="JimJackJose"][QUOTE="nicenator"]

Nike_Air

The reality is only yourperception .......... You are coming from a place that wants to see the game hyped AAA so you might be able to claim a flop or ownage. People are getting exciting closer to release of an anticipated great game. Like I said before , most people don't have faith that Gamespot will give it AAA. That has nothing to do with how great the game actually is or will be or their faith in the ps3. You need to seperate the two.

Funny how hypocritical your argument is. The reality is that the forums for the last week have been flooded with uncharted topics hyping it as the best game ever made. The forums proove that fact. You are stating this is just my perception because I want to see the game flop?

While you are stating that since it is only my perception, and my reality, that I am wrong. All while you claim that the reality is most people don't think it's AAA material. Is that not just your perception of the situation? Could your perception be incorrect? Maybe you've missed the constant influx of threads stating uncharted is the most amazing game ever.

You state that I only see this way because I want the game to flop? That honestly has nothing to do with it, but nice try reading my mind. I actually think it looks like a great game, and I hope its AAA as it is a game I would like to get one day.

Actions cause equal reactions. Had there not been a enormous flood of threads related to the greatness of uncharted, I would not be here asking why the low score prediction.

I can accept you think people are scared GS will be scoring low because its a ps3 game. However don't tell me I am out of touch with reality, when the forums have been flooded with uncharted topics and even you are putting the games box as your sig.

Basic_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Basic_Instinct
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

Cows are pathetic.They make so many topics about uncharted and say its the best and only hype it AA.lololololol:lol:alamgir1942

Welcome to Gamespot were AAA PS3/Wii games get underscored and the Xbox 360 is a god in the reviewers eyes :D.

Seriously R&C got a 7.5 here, but got AAA everywhere else. Similar for Twilight Princess. I am sure cows and sheep hype games to be AAA, but not at Gameflop. I think that Gamespot just puts 20 numbers in a hat and randomly picks one, then that is the score.

Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts
[QUOTE="JimJackJose"]

ff7isnumbaone

No, but what he is saying if it's so amazing, it should be hyped AAA.

I love how now that the PS3 suffers from flop after flop, nobody can use the set rules here anymore. Now if you do, you're an ignoramous. Simply because they're losing.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

[QUOTE="alamgir1942"]Cows are pathetic.They make so many topics about uncharted and say its the best and only hype it AA.lololololol:lol:Basic_Instinct

Welcome to Gamespot were AAA PS3/Wii games get underscored and the Xbox 360 is a god in the reviewers eyes :D.

Seriously R&C got a 7.5 here, but got AAA everywhere else. Similar for Twilight Princess. I am sure cows and sheep hype games to be AAA, but not at Gameflop. I think that Gamespot just puts 20 numbers in a hat and randomly picks one, then that is the score.

R&C has 13 non AAA ratings at GR. :|

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
Cows are fanboys and fanboys are cowards. This is not the first game they did this with. Lemmings also did the samething with LO though the hype for it has died while the cows still treat Uncharted like the best thing since blue M&M's.