If Super Mario Galaxies can't get a 10, who stands a chance?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Herrdoktor
Member since 2002 • 17253 Posts

I honestly cannot remember playing a game that surprised/stunnedme with its creativity as much asSMG has in a long time.

The question is simple: If SMG can't get a 10, is there anything in the horizon that even stands close to having a chance?

Side note: Now before I listen to the, 'stfu...you're a sheep' just don't even bother because I am one of the most hardcore hermits you will find and even I think this game is ****ing amazing.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

MASS EFFECT! MASS EFFECT CAN DO IT!

C'MON GAMESPOT, REVIEW IT ALREADY!

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Galaxy had it's share of problems. Though insignificant, they were still there.

But no, I don't think any game that we know of has a decent chance at a 10.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Newnab

Um... is this sarcasm?

And I honestly can't see GS giving out a perfect 10 for a long, long time...

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="Newnab"]

Funkyhamster

Um... is this sarcasm?

And I honestly can't see GS giving out a perfect 10 for a long, long time...

Sarcasm!? WHAT YOU MEAN!?

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I think SMG is a great game, but it is unable to keep wrapped in it for more than an hour at a time. I would never consider it a 10. A lot of people seem to be worrying about games getting 10s and it is becoming ridiculous. When a game deserves, if anytime soon, it will probably get it from here. It probably won't even happen this generation, but we'll see.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
smg is the best game i ever played. it should get goty . people say halo or bio shock or mass but i dont want to see a shooter win there is so many of them and it does not appeal to familys.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
I don't see GS giving out a 10 for a very long time either. It depends on the reviewer really. You never know.. with all the extra time Kojima is spending on MGS4, it might be able to get a 10, but don't quote me on that. Besides, you act as if SMG is the best game to come out this gen? I respectfully disagree. .. strongly.
drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games I've ever played, but it is no way a 10. There are at least a dozen ways it could have been MEANINGFULLY improved upon.
NightMorning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NightMorning
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

I don't see GS giving out a 10 for a very long time either. It depends on the reviewer really. You never know.. with all the extra time Kojima is spending on MGS4, it might be able to get a 10, but don't quote me on that. Besides, you act as if SMG is the best game to come out this gen? I respectfully disagree. .. strongly.0rin

Being a huge MGS4 Fan myself It would be very nice to see MGS4 get a 10

but in all honesty when the Review becomes a reality it'll most likely be 9.0-9.5

Most likely 9.5

TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEndBoss
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
I really think Super Mario Galaxy was the game that had the best shot, but overall I can'tsee GameSpot handing out a ten for a very long time.
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

I really think Super Mario Galaxy was the game that had the best shot, but overall I can'tsee GameSpot handing out a ten for a very long time.TheEndBoss

Yeah, not until OOT 2 comes out will there be another 10

Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
All PS3 games should get a 10 - because tEh BluRay is so great. I mean, what other system can offer 50GBs worth of gameplay?! NONE.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Spore or Little Big Planet, more likely the later.
Sumotaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sumotaii
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts
Soul Caliber 1. haah in all honest i think in late 99 and so why Soul Caliber got the 10, well 1 it deserved it, but in reality it was a big game to come home. It was better then its arcade version in every way which at the time was unheard of, and it pushed home console to no limits. Tony Hawk 2 also did great, and of course Zelda in 1998. Its just Mario Galaxy to me is the best game ive played since th 90's. I feel young again, and as much as it has been insane, its just taken a formular and really cleaned it up alot and evolved. SOmethign has to come ouot nowadays that is totally off the wall and like fresh. Like StarCraft meets Chrono Trigger and has a child with Half LIfe who hooks up with Contra that cheats on everyone with Tecmo Bowl.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Only ONE game can ever get a 10 on Gamespot.

E.T. 2 :D

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
i agree, altough the difficulty could be a bit harder. maybe optional.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

I don't see GS giving out a 10 for a very long time either. It depends on the reviewer really. You never know.. with all the extra time Kojima is spending on MGS4, it might be able to get a 10, but don't quote me on that. Besides, you act as if SMG is the best game to come out this gen? I respectfully disagree. .. strongly.0rin

Your cow is showing :P

Have you even played though SMG?

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sexy_chimp
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 7?
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

SMG is fun, and it's becoming one of my favorite games, but I wouldn't give it a ten either... there are a few problems.

[QUOTE="TheEndBoss"]I really think Super Mario Galaxy was the game that had the best shot, but overall I can'tsee GameSpot handing out a ten for a very long time.Sparticus247

Yeah, not until OOT 2 comes out will there be another 10

OoT 2 = Twilight Princess

What needs to be made is a Majora's Mask 2.

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
LittleBigPlanet and Spore have the best chance
Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Herrdoktor

I'm at 60 stars and I am trying to figure out what all these 'problems' are that people are having...

And I am hard pressed to find a better (read: fun) game this generation.

Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

I'm at 60 stars and I am trying to figure out what all these 'problems' are that people are having...

And I am hard pressed to find a better (read: fun) game this generation.

Herrdoktor

I got around 60 stars and dunno what all these problems are meant to be. I didn't have much problems with the camera at all and haven't noticed any framerate dips which i normally spot in alot of games. My only gripe would be the swimming can be hard but i never found it frustrating or anything.

CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

SMG is fun, and it's becoming one of my favorite games, but I wouldn't give it a ten either... there are a few problems.

Moon_of_Majora

Ugh... *vomits*

Please, no thank you.

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
[QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

CelineDion

Ugh... *vomits*

Please, no thank you.

No, yes we do need that. I never liked Majora's Mask either when it first came out. But I replayed it last year and Wow is it amazing

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
Mass Effect would have gotten it if it didn't have so many graphical bugs/glitches. It still deserves a 9.5 though.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

Starcraft II or Spore?

Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Herrdoktor

Starcraft II or Spore?

PullTheTricker

Starcraft 2 maybe...

ExilRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ExilRock
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
Brawl.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i think its going to take A LOT for gamespot to give any game a 10. A LOT more than what galaxy does. A LOT more than what Halo 3 does. A lot..
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
spore and starcraft 2 , with spore having a decent chance
jhockey9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 jhockey9
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts

Never gonna happen. I highly doubt Spore or Little Big Planet will get 10's. Let's face it, neither are bringing anything 'revolutionary' to the table (and yes I've done my homework on both). With the way I've seen the reviews on this site change over time, no game will ever get a 10 again here.

P.S. Anyone who is trashing Galaxy I am betting hasn't played it (even if they claim so).

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 naval

Never gonna happen. I highly doubt Spore or Little Big Planet will get 10's. Let's face it, neither are bringing anything 'revolutionary' to the table (and yes I've done my homework on both). With the way I've seen the reviews on this site change over time, no game will ever get a 10 again here.

P.S. Anyone who is trashing Galaxy I am betting hasn't played it (even if they claim so).

jhockey9

while i agree spore getting a 10 is quite a rare chance but Spore isn't bringing anything new? guess you fail, redo your homework i would like to say

renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts

spore maybe?

but probably not

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Moon_of_Majora

I'm with you on this one (not surprisingly I guess judging on my avatar)

Anyway, a lot of people say that the zelda franchise needs a boost, a different antagonist, some real difficulty, and artistic risk.

THAT IS MAJORA'S MASK PEOPLE!!! IF YOU NEVER PLAYED IT GO GET IT ASAP! BEST GAME EVER!

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="jhockey9"]

naval

while i agree spore getting a 10 is quite a rare chance but Spore isn't bringing anything new? guess you fail, redo your homework i would like to say

Spore looks awesome but it seems to complicated to get a 10. What I mean is, with such a complicated game, there's bound to be at least 1 pretty big flaw, which will keep it from a 10.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
To get perfect, a game must be innovative among all other things. If Metroid couldn't make it as a FPA game, then nothing can.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Galaxy is amazing but not a ten. And I don't really see Spore or Little Big Planet being 100% perfect either. Since Crysis didn't get a ten either, I don't know what game will.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 naval
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="jhockey9"]

sexy_chimp

Spore looks awesome but it seems to complicated to get a 10. What I mean is, with such a complicated game, there's bound to be at least 1 pretty big flaw, which will keep it from a 10.

i also agree that chances are very rare for getting a 10. but you have to agree its still revolutionary than any games this gen or any announced games till now. if only EA doesn't spoils it ...

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Galaxy is amazing but not a ten. And I don't really see Spore or Little Big Planet being 100% perfect either. Since Crysis didn't get a ten either, I don't know what game will.locopatho

I definitely agree with you about galaxy. It was stellar (PUN!) but it could have been more.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PullTheTricker

I think Rockstar can pull it off... GTAIV is going to be a very special game next year. At least my expectations are setvery high for the game. We're going to see stuff that have never been done before. I can almost bet my life on it that the game will score at least 9,5. But a potentional chance for 10 is definitely not impossible.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sexy_chimp

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Galaxy is amazing but not a ten. And I don't really see Spore or Little Big Planet being 100% perfect either. Since Crysis didn't get a ten either, I don't know what game will.GunSmith1_basic

I definitely agree with you about galaxy. It was stellar (PUN!) but it could have been more.

Eh, at least they have something left for the sequal.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Galaxy is amazing but not a ten. And I don't really see Spore or Little Big Planet being 100% perfect either. Since Crysis didn't get a ten either, I don't know what game will.GunSmith1_basic

That pun was outta this world :P

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="jhockey9"]

naval

i also agree that chances are very rare for getting a 10. but you have to agree its still revolutionary than any games this gen or any announced games till now. if only EA doesn't spoils it ...

I'm not doubting the power of Spore but SMG was easily the most revolutionary platformer since SM64.

lagreendown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lagreendown
Member since 2006 • 1612 Posts
The day will be when BIG RIGS 2 is announced.
kelkimble2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kelkimble2k4
Member since 2004 • 2089 Posts

No game in GS will ever get 10 cause of the new review system because they will find something or the other thing to downgrade it.

Too easy or too hard, Too colourful or too dull and so on...........

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PullTheTricker

The day will be when BIG RIGS 2 is announced. lagreendown

If on April the first then yeh :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 locopatho

No game in GS will ever get 10 cause of the new review system because they will find something or the other thing to downgrade it.

Too easy or too hard, Too colourful or too dull and so on...........

kelkimble2k4

But new review systemchanged ten, from "Perfect" to "Prime".They could ignore small problems and still give a ten(in theory:P)

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
In my opinion any game that can change an entire genre is worthy of a 10, so in my opinion skate should have gotten a 10, I haven't played SMG, so I can't say anything but as long as a game can change a genre it deserves a 10 (GTA 3 changed a lot, I believe that desereved a 10 also)
Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Herrdoktor

People are still saying things like 'problems' or 'could have been more.'

How could have this game been 'more'?