If sony/microsoft decided to make a SSB type game...who would be in it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts

And the game would not have realistic violence....like headshots, chainsaws, or beheadings. Because 1 of the more fun aspects of SSB is that it's fighting.....but it's not realistic (hard to describe) and is very fun overall. I don't think it'd sell half as well as SSBB......and it would be seen as a copycat, but it'd show these 2 companies want to deliver to the gamers. Also.....I would find this very funny. Say this way happening, and phil harrison/microsoft were arguing over what console the game would be developed on. And Bill Gates paid a large sum of money to have it developed on the 360. And sony later used that money to keep MGS4/FFXIII PS3 exclusives, and cancel DMC4 for the 360. I'd ROFL so hard.

so.....who could be in microsoft/sony fight!? Who would you like to see in it?

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
If I recall correctly, Sony DID try to create an SSB rip-off before back on the original Playstation. It was terrible, forgot what it was called.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
i don't think either company has enough popular characters to make a ssb type game
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]If I recall correctly, Sony DID try to create an SSB rip-off before back on the original Playstation. It was terrible, forgot what it was called.

Ehrgeiz
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
the reason SSB is so great, is that nintendo owns the rights to dozens of fantastic, well known characters and can have them do whatever they want. (mario, luigi, kirby, yoshi, peach, bowser, dk, the list goes on and on)
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
Master chief and the dude from fable thats it Marcus maybe
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]If I recall correctly, Sony DID try to create an SSB rip-off before back on the original Playstation. It was terrible, forgot what it was called.

Ehrgeiz

Wha-?
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Sony doesn't really have any signature characters besides Solid Snake for the PS3.... And he's already in Brawl. But Microsoft would have Master Chief, Marcus Phoenix, the cop from Crackdown, Jack of Blades from Fable, the main villain in Jade Empire, and Darth Revan from KOTOR.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]If I recall correctly, Sony DID try to create an SSB rip-off before back on the original Playstation. It was terrible, forgot what it was called.

Ehrgeiz

Wha-?

It was a fighting game with a bunch of characters from Sony games. Such as Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, etc.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
Sony doesn't really have any signature characters besides Solid Snake for the PS3.... And he's already in Brawl. But Microsoft would have Master Chief, Marcus Phoenix, the cop from Crackdown, Jack of Blades from Fable, the main villain in Jade Empire, and Darth Revan from KOTOR.princeofshapeir
apart from master chief and Marcus Phoenix ,the others aren't well know, It has to be a franchise and a very popular characther . so marcus and master are the onlys one that make the cut,because they sell in a very popular level Sony most popular characther that would make the cut are Kratos,Jak(with dexter) ,ratcher(with clank)
Flamepheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flamepheonix
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]If I recall correctly, Sony DID try to create an SSB rip-off before back on the original Playstation. It was terrible, forgot what it was called.

Ehrgeiz

Wha-?

It was a fighting game with a bunch of characters from Sony games. Such as Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, etc.

I remember that game but most of those characters were newly made for the game but they added sephiroth tifa, vincent and cloud as characters for some reason.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

Sony:

Kratos, Snake, 2 or 3 FF characters, Dante, Sweet Tooth......... dunno a Helgast maybe?

MS:

Chief, Ryu, Regnier, Sam Fisher, a DOA character(other than Ryu), Marcus Fenix or Cole Train....... dunno

A SSB type game wouldn't be well suited ofr MS or Sony. Nintendo always had more cartoony violence. MS and Sony have more tearing flesh and rending metal. Might be too intense.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Both companies have had a SSB-rip off, and both were pretty mediocre.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
ehhh....if they did no way it would be as great as SSBB...can you imagine a Berserker doing backflips?
DocCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DocCube
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

Sony:

Kratos, Snake, Sweet Tooth,ratchet and clank,crash,spiro,kingdom hearts characters,katamari,Killzone helghast,bloodrain,jak and dax,Sly Cooper,guy from Dark Cloud,some guys from Tekken,Okami
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]If I recall correctly, Sony DID try to create an SSB rip-off before back on the original Playstation. It was terrible, forgot what it was called.Pangster007
Ehrgeiz

Squaresoft created that to milk more money from FFVII fanboyahz! 

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 project343
Microsoft would probably have: Sam Fisher Ryu Master Chief Conker Marcus Fenix Cole Train Ayane Banjo Kazooie Kameo Stranger Max Payne Arbiter Orta Nathan Zachary Berry Panther King Corn And that's about all that I can think of.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
for Sony, Jak, Ratchet, ICO, Wanda(from Shadow of the Colossus), Kratos, Daxter, Clank, Snake, Dante.
DocCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DocCube

Microsoft would probably have: Ryu Master Chief Marcus Fenix Cole Train Ayane Kameo Stranger Arbiter Orta Nathan Zachary Berry Panther King Corn And that's about all that I can think of.project343

Fixed

(I don't know there may be more multiplats  that i missed)

braydee1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 braydee1234
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts

And the game would not have realistic violence....like headshots, chainsaws, or beheadings. Because 1 of the more fun aspects of SSB is that it's fighting.....but it's not realistic (hard to describe) and is very fun overall. I don't think it'd sell half as well as SSBB......and it would be seen as a copycat, but it'd show these 2 companies want to deliver to the gamers. Also.....I would find this very funny. Say this way happening, and phil harrison/microsoft were arguing over what console the game would be developed on. And Bill Gates paid a large sum of money to have it developed on the 360. And sony later used that money to keep MGS4/FFXIII PS3 exclusives, and cancel DMC4 for the 360. I'd ROFL so hard.

so.....who could be in microsoft/sony fight!? Who would you like to see in it?

Infinatey
yes you'd rofl hard. i'd actually like to see you rofl hard. because it sounds pathetic.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
MS doesn't really have enough characters to make one. Master chief, arbitur, conker, marcus (cole too maybe), ryu & kasumi. i had to take two characters from each of their big games just to make a list.... which is one small cast right there.
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Power Stone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSB
imothissucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imothissucks
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
they dont' have enough characters or well known ones for a ssb like game
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Would they have enough characters that range from kiddy to not that are known well enough to give it charm? I doupt it but I suppose it could be done with a lot of effort.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

Sony-Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank(maybe?), Kratos, and if Square was okay with it, Cloud, Tidus, and some other FF characters.

MS-Master Chief (duh), some guy from fable, some guy from KOTOR, and if Epic was okay with it, maybe a Locust and Marcus along with the other Cogs.

But honestly, neither Sony or MS have enough 1st and 2nd party characters as Nintendo does and I expect if they ever did, it would have about 10 characters tops unless they got REALLY creative or begged to every 3rd party dev out there. SSB's got over 20 on 1st party alone so Sony and MS would really need something so fun and cool that it would make the lack of characters okay.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 project343
Fixed

(I don't know there may be more multiplats that i missed)

DocCube
Why'd you take out Sam? He was a timed exclusive for the Xbox, and his game are far superior on the Xbox consoles. Why'd you take out the Banjo group? Rare owns the IP, and Microsoft owns Rare. Banjo = Microsoft.
DocCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DocCube
[QUOTE="DocCube"]Fixed

(I don't know there may be more multiplats that i missed)

project343

Why'd you take out Sam? He was a timed exclusive for the Xbox, and his game are far superior on the Xbox consoles. Why'd you take out the Banjo group? Rare owns the IP, and Microsoft owns Rare. Banjo = Microsoft.

Maby because they were on the n64 1st? 

jpKNOCKOUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jpKNOCKOUT
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts

banjo

kazooie

mumbo

gruntilda

conker

teddy (from conker)

kameo

viva pinata horse LOL  (or a gardener with a hoe)

joanna dark 

master chief

markus(sp) fenix

blinx

somebody from Killer Instinct 

those two things from oddworld

fable guy

Crackdown dude 

TES character (with magica of course)

rabbits (from rayman)

sam fisher

ninja gaiden dude

realistically, rare could pull one off with JUST rare characters. There are sooo many more rare could potentially add in (from banjo kazooie, kameo, conker, viva pinata, perfect dark zero, killer instinct, etc

BobbyBobby85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 BobbyBobby85
Member since 2003 • 10336 Posts
For one, if Sony or MS ever tried something like that, it woudl likely suck major ass since Neither of those two companies have any remotely interesting first party legacy characters that would be worthy.  Sure, you might see Sony attempt to pit Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper against the likes of Kratos or Sweettooth, but not all of Sony's folk are family friendly enough to be used together in such a game.  And of course, Sony would once again look like a fool copying yet another uber successful Nintendo franchise with lackluster results.  As for Microsoft, they wouldn't even bother, since they thrive on Shooters and Western RPGs anyways.
Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Onizuka36
Member since 2005 • 8295 Posts
Sony version: Snake, Cloud, Sephiroth, Ocelot, Squall, Samanosuke, a couple characters from Tekken and Soul Calibur, Nathan Hale, Kratos, Jimmy Hopkins, Amaterasu, Wakka, Jak, Daxter, others Microsoft version: Master Chief, a couple of DOA fighters, Marcus Fenix, Joanna Dark, Ryu Hayabusa, others. Although Sony has many more potential characters, the games will be WAY more violent than SSB.
BobbyBobby85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 BobbyBobby85
Member since 2003 • 10336 Posts

Power Stone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBCB4McGusto

:lol: LMAO.  Sorry you feel feel that way.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 project343
Maby because they were on the n64 1st?

DocCube
What does that have to do with anything? Those characters are owned by Rare, and Microsoft owns Rare. If Microsoft Game Studios was to release a game with characters from all their first-party developers, you would see Banjo, Kazooie, Grunty, Egor, Bottles, Joana, Kameo, etc..
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I don't think Sony or Microsoft has a big enough or crazy enough roster of characters to create a Smash Bros-type game.
quocthai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 quocthai
Member since 2005 • 1995 Posts
MS has master chief, banjo kazooie, killer instinct characters, viva pinata characters, may be the characters from ninja gaiden, or other rare games like perfect dark, conker, kameo
Fkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fkid
Member since 2003 • 1028 Posts
Why make it a SSBM-type game? Make it a crazy arcade fighter game like tekken or soul calibur!! Hell screw first party characters. Make a giant battle royale game with every single mega character in the videogame world and put them in one fighting game. NOW THAT KICK ASS!!!