If Phil doesn't deliver at E3 is it over for the Xbox brand?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

With both companies expected to reveal next gen consoles soon this feels like Microsoft's last chance to win consumers back. They need to prove they can launch a power next gen console at a reasonable price with no anti-consumer policies and most importantly show off must have EXCLUSIVE games. A console is only as good as its game after all.

Do you think Microsoft will knock it out of the park at E3? Or will they repeat 2013 and become the laughing stock of the industry again?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

NO WE GAVE PHIL A TON OF e3 chances he hasnt done crap. Now its too late he had a chance the other e3's he did. This one will be the same crap a bunch of xbox shampoo and controllers im sick of phils leadership

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Xbox brand will always fail and never be number 1.

They lost 3 gens in a row and that will never change. They can’t win worldwide and winning America is not good enough.

The dream is over for lemmings.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
@ProtossRushX said:

NO WE GAVE PHIL A TON OF e3 chances he hasnt done crap. Now its too late he had a chance the other e3's he did. This one will be the same crap a bunch of xbox shampoo and controllers im sick of phils leadership

You bring up a fair point but I think we should give him one last chance with new consoles looming. I'm hoping the Xbox shampoo is not a sign of what to expect at E3. Imagine if they have people come out on stage to demonstrate how to use the shampoo. It would go down as the worst video game conference of all time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69825 Posts

It continue to amazes me how damage these Ex-Xbox fanboys now Sony fanboys continue to obsess about the Xbox and Phil Spencer. Its time for you guys to

No Caption Provided

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I have it on good authority that they have a very strong E3 show put together and they will be unveiling Scarlet. New hardware announcements always garner attention.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: would probably still beats Sony flute fiasco last year though.. I mean that was such an embarrassment, that Sony gave up on E3 this year!!

otherwise I agree, if the Xbox wants to keep up the competition they need to roll out the big guns!

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

At least Microsoft decided to show up for E3. Sony forgot or couldn't afford an E3 conference.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
@Pedro said:

It continue to amazes me how damage these Ex-Xbox fanboys now Sony fanboys continue to obsess about the Xbox and Phil Spencer. Its time for you guys to

So you're saying you have no confidence in Microsoft winning back gamers at E3? Gotcha.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro  Online

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So you're saying you have no confidence in Microsoft winning back gamers at E3? Gotcha.

I don't care whether they do or not. Its not like I have stocks invested in any of these companies. Why do you "care"?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

If phill messes up this E3, he should be fired. He's had more than enough chances and so far has blown the all. GP is the only thing he's done so far I enjoy.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11621 Posts

MS doesn't care about traditional exclusives anymore. That should be obvious. They just need to have an entertaining presentation.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NathanDrakeSwag
@djoffer said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: would probably still beats Sony flute fiasco last year though.. I mean that was such an embarrassment, that Sony gave up on E3 this year!!

otherwise I agree, if the Xbox wants to keep up the competition they need to roll out the big guns!

Except for the fact that Sony showed off amazing looking exclusives last year. If MS showed off games the quality of Spider-Man, The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima then I would tip my hat to Phil.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
@npiet1 said:

If phill messes up this E3, he should be fired. He's had more than enough chances and so far has blown the all. GP is the only thing he's done so far I enjoy.

I agree. This is his last chance to put up or shut up. He has the studios and money and time to have something of significance to show by now.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Well he has promised and failed for almost 6 years now so adding another fail to the mix won’t change a thing. Xbox will keep failing and lems will keep on hyping every year, nothing changes. Phil and MS know they don’t have to deliver on any promise, lems will eat up anything they put out there even if it’s a bag containing shit with an Xbox logo on it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Lol, damn you cows are a sad bunch...

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By djoffer

@NathanDrakeSwag: lol please, Sony has the worst show ever( even rivaling ms 2013) last year, only thing remotely new they showed was TLOU2 which isn’t close to completion yet.. everything else was just an embarrassment that they had to pad out with even more embarrassing music numbers..

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
@djoffer said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: lol please, Sony has the worst show ever( even rivaling ms 2013) last year, only thing remotely new they showed was TLOU2 which isn’t close to completion yet.. everything else was just an embarrassment that they had to pad out with even more embarrassing music numbers..

4 GOTY caliber exclusives is the worst show ever? That's some bad trolling. You better hope that Phil has more cooked up than body wash and indies at E3 otherwise we may not see another Xbox console. Rumors say Ninja Theory is working on some 6 hour co-op only game. Is that supposed to compete against games like Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War 2?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

I don't think what Phil does or doesn't on E3 will make or brake the entirety of the Xbox brand, no.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44316 Posts

I think Phil has been doing a really good job with Xbox and I’m sure that they will have a fantastic E3 this year. The Xbox brand will be just fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Maybe I'm being too positive but I think it's next to impossible for Xbox to screw this E3. New Gears looks promising, Ori will be almost 100% guaranteed to have a great presentation, there's lots of other 1st party on the way and Halo still is a strong IP. They'll be vague about the next Xbox but it will generate hype specially if they have something to show running on it.

For all this I do agree that if they fail this E3 they're done. But regardless of how well it goes there will be a large amount of cows saying it failed.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djoffer

@NathanDrakeSwag: but none of them was new, everything was already announced beforehand and gameplay videos was everywhere... point of e3 is to talk about new and exiting fames you know, not flute music..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Xbox been dying almost as long as PC been dying.

Xbox, 24/7, 365, rent free. :P

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

The PlayStation brand will die before Xbox dies. Sony are a poverty company compared to Microsoft.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17450 Posts

Doesnt deliver according to whose standards?

It is important that the industry as a whole see it as successful and is excited, not fanboys on this forum who will not like anything they do even if they announce they bought Sega or announce 10 megaton announcements.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Pedro: I don't care whether they do or not. Its not like I have stocks invested in any of these companies. Why do you "care"?”

I do own stock in these companies and I don’t care all that much when it comes to MSFT. This gen was abysmal and their stock has never been more valuable.

Every year this gen I’ve seen an E3 thread asking this question and those crying and moaning that Spencer has had too many chances are always still talking about Xbox at gamescom and the holiday season, then the next E3. Bunch of drama queen bullcrap

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45269 Posts

damn, @cainetao11 came back just in time for E3

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@hello505 said:

At least Microsoft decided to show up for E3. Sony forgot or couldn't afford an E3 conference.

Yeah MS will sure win by showing games that will also be on PS4 or on PC.

@djoffer said:

Much better than MS line up of multiplatforms,what was MS biggest show floor game? Cyberpunk 2077. lol

Didn't take much from sony beat MS all it has is multiplatforms.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

This is starting to sound like the Nintendo Is Doomed narrative. I don't think that much is riding on this E3, TBH - especially with the major rival absent. I think it's a chance for them to win points, but not really lose any. Maybe next E3, if that leads up to their hardware launch

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro  Online

@xantufrog said:

This is starting to sound like the Nintendo Is Doomed narrative.

Except Nintendo is DOOMED. :)

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Things are feeling pretty dire at the moment.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11158 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@djoffer said:

4 GOTY caliber exclusives is the worst show ever? That's some bad trolling. You better hope that Phil has more cooked up than body wash and indies at E3 otherwise we may not see another Xbox console. Rumors say Ninja Theory is working on some 6 hour co-op only game. Is that supposed to compete against games like Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War 2?

I heard that too. That already puts the brakes on this show for me as I was looking forward to what they were doing the most. It's gonna be another Halo-Gears-Forza show in the end. Which is fine if you're into those games, it's just those titles don't generate the same excitement they used to. I have a feeling a lot of new Xbox games are gonna be GaaS-fests until they can find that one game that's going to be a better revenue stream than the others.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#34 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

To be fair, at least Microsoft is going to actually show up this year.