If not on your radar, it should be... The Darkness 2 !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44069 Posts

The first was a supah sleeper hit that I enjoyed quite a bit and though I've known for some time now that a sequel was in the works, after watching this, mah hype meter is rising and this bad boy is back on my radar. :D

Anyone else ?

The Story.

---

The Darkness II Screenshot

The Trailer...http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/darkness-2-introduction-cinematic

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

i really hope this game is good. cause that dev didnt do so good with dark sector i think. im still a little sad they didnt get the original actor who played as jackie.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

i really hope this game is good. cause that dev didnt do so good with dark sector i think. im still a little sad they didnt get the original actor who played as jackie.

TheShadowLord07

I heard tho didn't try it for myself and I guess we need to hope that The Darkness wasn't just a fluke for them. :o We'll see.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Darkness was good, but they are going to have to step it up. Nothing amazing was out in the FPS market at that time, now there is, I have a feeling it won't seem quite as good as it once did. Now Prey 2, that looks sick.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Looks neat. Just noticed the first game in a bargin bin a few days ago. Seems like how things usually are. Just look at it and out pops a sequel.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

Darkness was good, but they are going to have to step it up. Nothing amazing was out in the FPS market at that time, now there is, I have a feeling it won't seem quite as good as it once did. Now Prey 2, that looks sick.millerlight89
It wasn't the best in the west or anything and just caught me and I think others by surprise but what it was is unique, fun, and a interesting, entertaining play through that I'd really enjoy a sequel to live up to. It's certainly not the same old same old sorta shooter. :P

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

The first was excellent but this isn't being handled by Starbreeze so I'm not exactly sure that I'm interested.

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheShadowLord07

Darkness was good, but they are going to have to step it up. Nothing amazing was out in the FPS market at that time, now there is, I have a feeling it won't seem quite as good as it once did. Now Prey 2, that looks sick.millerlight89
the darkness was relase 2007 along with big fps such as bioshock.cod modern warfare, and halo 3 in case if you didnt remember

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Although it is not the same developers as the first one I am looking forward to it. The first one is one of the most overlooked games this gen.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

the darkness was relase 2007 along with big fps such as bioshock.cod modern warfare, and halo 3 in case if you didnt remember

TheShadowLord07

It released before those games. Like I stated, the market didn't any heavy contenders when it came out. So point is null.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]the darkness was relase 2007 along with big fps such as bioshock.cod modern warfare, and halo 3 in case if you didnt remember

millerlight89

It released before those games. Like I stated, the market didn't any heavy contenders when it came out. So point is null.

Dunno if you remember 2007 but that was like one of the biggest years in gaming ever, especially for shooters. Not only that, The Darkness went under the radar at the time, despite a few knowing it was developed by Starbreeze.

I only played it this year, and I can't believe I missed it for years. It's a fantastic game, and it makes me want to day one the sequel (which actually looks even better).

I just want the sequel to be a refined version of the original. I'd rather they don't 'step it up'. If by 'step it up' you mean loud noises and flashy graphics a la Battlefield 3 which has everyone frothing at the mouth, stepping it up can **** right off :P. I made the mistake of missing it for Crysis, Halo 3 and CoD 4 back in 2007. I'm not going to make the same mistake again.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I enjoyed the first game, even though I played it on the 360. :o
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice

I enjoyed the first game, even though I played it on the 360. :o Heil68
:lol: Eh, I hear that's the umm, what is it, umm, oh yeah, teh definitive version. 8)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I enjoyed the first game, even though I played it on the 360. :o SecretPolice

:lol: Eh, I hear that's the umm, what is it, umm, oh yeah, teh definitive version. 8)

I did feel like something was missing though..hmmm..could it be foreshadowing into the...FUTURE? :o
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10446 Posts

i will definitely be keeping an eye out for it, maybe two

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#16 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I was waiting for a sequel for years :D. Truly one of the finer FPS titles out there (and one of the few comic book games that don't suck :P) so yeah...ever since I heard there was a sequel it's been on my radar.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I enjoyed the first game, even though I played it on the 360. :o Heil68

I did feel like something was missing though..hmmm..could it be foreshadowing into the...FUTURE? :o

Nah, that was about as definitive as the ME1 cartoon on the PS3 version of ME2. :twisted:

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

TheShadowLord07
Ahh they made Dark Sector, I was wondering why this seemed familiar in terms of gameplay, that game was pretty fun but it got repetitive pretty quickly, I hope this is paced a bit better.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Really looking forward to this. I was skeptical at first about The Darkness sequel being handled by someone else other than Starbreeze but everything is looking really great so far.
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheShadowLord07

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]the darkness was relase 2007 along with big fps such as bioshock.cod modern warfare, and halo 3 in case if you didnt remember

FrozenLiquid

Dunno if you remember 2007 but that was like one of the biggest years in gaming ever, especially for shooters. Not only that, The Darkness went under the radar at the time, despite a few knowing it was developed by Starbreeze.

I only played it this year, and I can't believe I missed it for years. It's a fantastic game, and it makes me want to day one the sequel (which actually looks even better).

I just want the sequel to be a refined version of the original. I'd rather they don't 'step it up'. If by 'step it up' you mean loud noises and flashy graphics a la Battlefield 3 which has everyone frothing at the mouth, stepping it up can **** right off :P. I made the mistake of missing it for Crysis, Halo 3 and CoD 4 back in 2007. I'm not going to make the same mistake again.

better late than never. this is truley in underrated game with a pretty good storyline.

also I love how Jackie talks during the loading cutscenes.

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheShadowLord07

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

bobbetybob

Ahh they made Dark Sector, I was wondering why this seemed familiar in terms of gameplay, that game was pretty fun but it got repetitive pretty quickly, I hope this is paced a bit better.

well almost every dev has atleast one bad game. like rocksteady's first game before batman arkham asylum

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
not on radar anytime soon.. still havnt finished the first (rented it like 3 years ago lol)
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

not on radar anytime soon.. still havnt finished the first (rented it like 3 years ago lol)campzor

But it's great.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]not on radar anytime soon.. still havnt finished the first (rented it like 3 years ago lol)waltefmoney

But it's great.

But but but..Uncharted 3 and mw3 and battlefield 3 and mgs collection and batman :cry::cry::cry::cry:too many games coming out:cry:

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
The Darkness was my GOTY for 2007 and i hope the darkness 2 is next, i'm just worried that this isn't the same dev and they made it cell shaded, kinda ruins the the dark look of the game and the atmposphere.TheGuardian03
I'm actually really liking the new art style. The Darkness is, after all, based on a comic and I think the art style brings out that look really well.
Coyful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Coyful
Member since 2011 • 373 Posts
Gosh yeah, I remember playing through entire levels of that game just to listen to Pattons wicked chirps n' teases. The Darklings were a high light too.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#28 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I wonder if it'll have multiplayer. The multiplayer in the first game was borderline useless and I'd like to see the franchise focus on the single player. Prey 2 looks amazing and it won't have a mulitplayer component, which is nice.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice

I wonder if it'll have multiplayer. The multiplayer in the first game was borderline useless and I'd like to see the franchise focus on the single player. Prey 2 looks amazing and it won't have a mulitplayer component, which is nice.

IndianaPwns39

Cosigned, this game should be a enthralling SP game....... Period. :P

Avatar image for Residentevil999
Residentevil999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Residentevil999
Member since 2005 • 948 Posts

I remember playing the first one, it took me a while, but I really started to enjoy it. Especially the end. I thought it was pretty funny you could watch T.v in the game.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
That new trailer with the crazy guy was badass. I have a feeling this one will easily best the first game.. and the first game was brilliant. I can't wait.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]not on radar anytime soon.. still havnt finished the first (rented it like 3 years ago lol)campzor

But it's great.

But but but..Uncharted 3 and mw3 and battlefield 3 and mgs collection and batman :cry::cry::cry::cry:too many games coming out:cry:

The Darkness 2 is coming out next year. You have time. Refuse and I shall turn you into a darkling to do my bidding.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
is it a shooter? 0% interest
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice

is it a shooter? 0% interestRatchet_Fan8
It has guns but I'm more apt to call it a kinda dark, story driven adventure with some cleverness. :o

But yes again, guns are in the game so if they scare ya, best you skip this one as it has a spooky feel to it as well....... Booo !! :P