If MS did what Sony did and dropped its price 100 dollars, game over for Sony?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

Being that MS is "actually" making a profit on each and every console being sold, it wouldnt be out of the question to drop the Elite to 199 in 2010. If this was the case, how bad would it beat Sony in sales? 3-1 is my call. We all know this might be a pipedream because we know MS isnt as desperate as Sony was when it had to drop its price to be competitive, but if MS wanted to be really aggressive I could see this move really cement them and their market share this gen.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

Being that MS is "actually" making a profit on each and every console being sold, it wouldnt be out of the question to drop the Elite to 199 in 2010. If this was the case, how bad would it beat Sony in sales? 3-1 is my call. We all know this might be a pipedream because we know MS isnt as desperate as Sony was when it had to drop its price to be competitive, but if MS wanted to be really aggressive I could see this move really cement them and their market share this gen.

PrimusGears
Sony could not compete with a $200 elite.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

vistamanV5

they would have to drop its price and lose more money on their consoles.Do you think that this might be possible in 2010?

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vistamanV5
Sony continues too lose money on consoles... And there software sales have been rather lackluster. Heavy hitters like Killzone and U2 have disappointing sales when compared too the games one the xbox like the halos and fable and gears... History has shown that whoever can get too that magical sub first $200, $199.99.... They win,
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PrimusGears

Sony continues too lose money on consoles... And there software sales have been rather lackluster. Heavy hitters like Killzone and U2 have disappointing sales when compared too the games one the xbox like the halos and fable and gears... History has shown that whoever can get too that magical sub first $200, $199.99.... They win,vistamanV5

very well said, so why doesnt MS go for the gusto in 2010. They have a better lineup of games and Natal so I think now is the time to stick the stake into the PS3 heart once and for all and focus on Nintendo which I dont think they will beat out this gen, but nonetheless make the PS3 a nonfactor.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheArmyGuy48
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

they would have to drop its price and lose more money on their consoles.Do you think that this might be possible in 2010?

so you think that MS (who is making profit right now) would start incuring a loss, end up loosing MILLIONS of dollars, just so they can brag about teh "PEWNAGE" on system wars? right. Also your assuming (wrongly) that the PS3 is going to sell at a loss forever, when they already said they are set to break even in the next 2 quarters.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheArmyGuy48

Sony continues too lose money on consoles... And there software sales have been rather lackluster. Heavy hitters like Killzone and U2 have disappointing sales when compared too the games one the xbox like the halos and fable and gears... History has shown that whoever can get too that magical sub first $200, $199.99.... They win,vistamanV5
Sony has had fine software sales this year. Kas has already stated that they still make a profit overall even with the losses the PS3 sells at. Oh, and LOLWUT at that last part. Gamecube/dreamcast say hai.

EDIT: BTW, the original Xbox says hai as well. You do realise the xbox dropped its price to $200 BEFORE PS2 did right?

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vistamanV5
There a business... there in it too make money... They are continuing too sell very well.. Even out doing the PS3 in Nov despite its recent price drop. Why drop the price when they dont have too..? they will drop the price when they reach a plateau of sales...
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vistamanV5

PrimusGears

There were other factors that im too lazy to write that made the gamecube and dreamcast fail..
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"] Sony could not compete with a $200 elite.TheArmyGuy48

so you think that MS (who is making profit right now) would start incuring a loss, end up loosing MILLIONS of dollars, just so they can brag about teh "PEWNAGE" on system wars? right. Also your assuming (wrongly) that the PS3 is going to sell at a loss forever, when they already said they are set to break even in the next 2 quarters.

no im not carign about ownage at system wars, im wondering why no just put away SONY as its main compeititor with a move like this and concentrate on the real leader Nintendo. Sony is on its last legs and cant even sell GOTY uncharted 2 at a good clip.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50712 Posts

PrimusGears

All consoles will drop their price in 2010, what makes you think otherwise?
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

You realy think M$ makes 100$+ per console profit?
And PS3 has been selling at a higher price then 360 since it came out and it still sold the same ammout of consoles per year avrage. I dont see the 360 racing off if it gets a price drop to 199. All i see is that microsoft would have dug its own grave...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

no im not carign about ownage at system wars, im wondering why no just put away SONY as its main compeititor with a move like this and concentrate on the real leader Nintendo. Sony is on its last legs and cant even sell GOTY uncharted 2 at a good clip.

Ps3 has been considerably more expensive than 360 all gen and it has done fine. Another price drop for 360 won't change that.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheArmyGuy48

PrimusGears

it sold 2.12 M in only 8 weeks. If that is bad sales, then you are also calling Mass Effect a "bad" selling game (its been out for 26 months and outsold by an 8 week old game :lol: ). As well as Forza 3, thats a failure as well. God Damn, im so tired of this mass lemmings delusion that ALL 360 exclusives automatically sell 2 million day one and 5M+ copies :roll:
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

isnt it all ready 200 dollars except no hardrive i dont really see what u guys do but anyway the fight for 2nd place continues

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"] Sony could not compete with a $200 elite.Chutebox

i think MS definitely will, but SOny having a 100 dollar drop I dont see having a price drop.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheArmyGuy48
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"] There were other factors that im too lazy to write that made the gamecube and dreamcast fail..

wrong quote. But you never answered my last part. You DO know that the Xbox dropped to $200 BEFORE the PS2 did right? PS2 was the most expensive console last gen. the only time they ever dropped their price was responding to MS.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

i think MS definitely will, but SOny having a 100 dollar drop I dont see having a price drop.

Dunno if they'll drop it that much, but it will drop.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"] so you think that MS (who is making profit right now) would start incuring a loss, end up loosing MILLIONS of dollars, just so they can brag about teh "PEWNAGE" on system wars? right. Also your assuming (wrongly) that the PS3 is going to sell at a loss forever, when they already said they are set to break even in the next 2 quarters.TheArmyGuy48

it sold 2.12 M in only 8 weeks. If that is bad sales, then you are also calling Mass Effect a "bad" selling game (its been out for 26 months and outsold by an 8 week old game :lol: ). As well as Forza 3, thats a failure as well. God Damn, im so tired of this mass lemmings delusion that ALL 360 exclusives automatically sell 2 million day one and 5M+ copies :roll:

come on dude, if you are ok with the sales of GOTY uncharted 2 then ok, but it is scary that a game that awesome doesnt sell at a better clip. YOu want sales, just look at HALO or even multiplat MW2 which killed the lowly PS3 in sales. SOmething is wrong when the software on the PS3 always is lackluster, but ok you are alright with this, and if u think that isnt delusional I dont know what is.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts

PrimusGears
do you work for MS? you seem to care about sales an awful lot. i don't know about you, but i like to play games. i've actually been logging a lot of time on my PS3 lately. how about you? because i'm sure you actually own a PS3, and can make an unbiased statement, right?
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

MS is waiting for Natal and than they will drop the price.

I predict a $199 Elite bundle and a $299 Natal bundle.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#22 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "game over for Sony".
I'm fairly confident that people who own a PS3 will continue to buy games for the console and that the PS3 will still continue to sell; either as a gaming machine or a blueray player. With that kind of a price drop, no doubt the Xbox360 would sell more. In fact, I'm hoping there's a price drop next year, since I'm looking to buy one. However, I don't think a price drop will spell doom for the PS3.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

PrimusGears
Sony is no way could compete with a $200 Elite so the Xbox 360 would continue outselling the PS3 and probably build up a better lead. Even the Wii would have trouble competeing with a $200 Elite
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheArmyGuy48

PrimusGears

come on dude, if you are ok with the sales of GOTY uncharted 2 then ok, but it is scary that a game that awesome doesnt sell at a better clip. YOu want sales, just look at HALO or even multiplat MW2 which killed the lowly PS3 in sales. SOmething is wrong when the software on the PS3 always is lackluster, but ok you are alright with this, and if u think that isnt delusional I dont know what is.

MW2 sold 5 million on PS3,and 7 million on 360 WTF? also, assasins creed 2 sold the same amount on both platforms. But you prolly didnt know that because your likely one of the delusional lemmings who thinks NPD = Worldwide sales. Your acting like the games didnt even break a million on PS3. MW2 sold 5 MILLION, im pretty sure activision isnt crying dude. Sony is making plenty of profit from the revenues of that game, along with all the software on their system. I bet you also didnt know that in NOVEMBER, the PS3 outsold 360 by HALF a million worldwide did you? thats most likely because you cling to the NPDs for dear life like most lemmings do
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

PrimusGears
I'm sure both Microsoft and Sony will have some sort of price drop next year. Alot of PS3 games can only be played on PS3 so no a price drop really wouldn't affect people who want a PS3 but just don't have the money to get it yet.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"] it sold 2.12 M in only 8 weeks. If that is bad sales, then you are also calling Mass Effect a "bad" selling game (its been out for 26 months and outsold by an 8 week old game :lol: ). As well as Forza 3, thats a failure as well. God Damn, im so tired of this mass lemmings delusion that ALL 360 exclusives automatically sell 2 million day one and 5M+ copies :roll:TheArmyGuy48

MW2 sold 5 million on PS3,and 7 million on 360 WTF? also, assasins creed 2 sold the same amount on both platforms. But you prolly didnt know that because your likely one of the delusional lemmings who thinks NPD = Worldwide sales. Your acting like the games didnt even break a million on PS3. MW2 sold 5 MILLION, im pretty sure activision isnt crying dude. Sony is making plenty of profit from the revenues of that game, along with all the software on their system. I bet you also didnt know that in NOVEMBER, the PS3 outsold 360 by HALF a million worldwide did you? thats most likely because you cling to the NPDs for dear life like most lemmings do

where do you get your numbers? hahaha the fact of the matter is that MW2 sold better on the 360 at an alarming clip, and AC2? where are your links, wow cows these days are so unwilling to admit the truth. The 360 is much more of a success and with a price drop its gonna see a spike in sales, and oh btw NPD is for the number 1 market so keep the excuses coming :lol:

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

Funconsole

Sony is no way could compete with a $200 Elite so the Xbox 360 would continue outselling the PS3 and probably build up a better lead. Even the Wii would have trouble competeing with a $200 Elite

It would probably continue to get outsold by the Xbox in the USA but as we all have seen worldwide numbers are a different case. They are neck and neck in Europe and in Japan Xbox is all but dead. Why bring Wii into this? Wii is in a class of it's own and nothing Microsoft or Sony can do at this point is going to stop the success of the Nintendo Wii.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="Funconsole"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

jakarai

It would probably continue to get outsold by the Xbox in the USA but was we all have seen worldwide numbers are a different case. They are neck and neck in Europe and in Japan Xbox is all but dead. Why bring Wii into this? Wii is in a class by it's own and nothing Microsoft or Sony can do at this point is going to stop the success of the Nintendo Wii.

yeah true about the wii, but I think MS should go for the gusto and try and compete with them. A 200 dollar elite would be formittable.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="jakarai"][QUOTE="Funconsole"] Sony is no way could compete with a $200 Elite so the Xbox 360 would continue outselling the PS3 and probably build up a better lead. Even the Wii would have trouble competeing with a $200 ElitePrimusGears

It would probably continue to get outsold by the Xbox in the USA but was we all have seen worldwide numbers are a different case. They are neck and neck in Europe and in Japan Xbox is all but dead. Why bring Wii into this? Wii is in a class by it's own and nothing Microsoft or Sony can do at this point is going to stop the success of the Nintendo Wii.

yeah true about the wii, but I think MS should go for the gusto and try and compete with them. A 200 dollar elite would be formittable.

The 360 already starts at 199, dropping another sku to that price isn't going to a big difference as you seem to make it out to be.
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

PrimusGears
they only make about 20 bucks a console, microsoft won't start losing money on each one. besides, ps3 is now making 60 bucks a piece, the slim is far cheaper to manufacture than the phat ps3. it's blu ray drive is like 100 bucks cheaper (newer tech) it's hardrives are a good 20 bucks cheaper (and actually faster, 7200RPM vs 5400) etc etc etc.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I doubt that will happen. $250 maybe, but I don't think the elite will go down to $200 anytime soon.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="jakarai"] It would probably continue to get outsold by the Xbox in the USA but was we all have seen worldwide numbers are a different case. They are neck and neck in Europe and in Japan Xbox is all but dead. Why bring Wii into this? Wii is in a class by it's own and nothing Microsoft or Sony can do at this point is going to stop the success of the Nintendo Wii.FIipMode

The 360 already starts at 199, dropping another sku to that price isn't going to a big difference as you seem to make it out to be.

according to a cow? doubt it buddy, a 199 Elite Sku would wipe the floor with the PS3.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

12345678ew

they only make about 20 bucks a console, microsoft won't start losing money on each one. besides, ps3 is now making 60 bucks a piece, the slim is far cheaper to manufacture than the phat ps3. it's blu ray drive is like 100 bucks cheaper (newer tech) it's hardrives are a good 20 bucks cheaper (and actually faster, 7200RPM vs 5400) etc etc etc.

No Sony is still losing money, please link us your claims. Thanks.

Avatar image for batman_is_aweso
batman_is_aweso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 batman_is_aweso
Member since 2009 • 2762 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

vistamanV5

im sorry but im a cheap-o i wouldnt buy a 360 unless it was -100 (i used to have a 360 i got 3 rrods in the case of 1 year even though it was free i got tired of it and bought a new ps3)
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FIipMode

[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

according to a cow? doubt it buddy, a 199 Elite Sku would wipe the floor with the PS3.

OK good for you, we will just see when or if it happens
Chuckycheesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chuckycheesy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'm sure they will drop the price because some Fanboy on System Wars said so. /sarcasm
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox

PrimusGears

Lol, no it wouldn't
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

If they did? Maybe they would shut Sony out.

Why would they purposely put themselves at a lose per console though? As long as they are making money I'm sure they don't care. The only thing that could trigger them to do such a thing is possibly if Sony passed them in sales. If that ever happens, it will be years down the road.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheArmyGuy48

PrimusGears

where do you get your numbers? hahaha the fact of the matter is that MW2 sold better on the 360 at an alarming clip, and AC2? where are your links, wow cows these days are so unwilling to admit the truth. The 360 is much more of a success and with a price drop its gonna see a spike in sales, and oh btw NPD is for the number 1 market so keep the excuses coming :lol:

, oh and , PS3 outsells 360 by 500k in november.

BTW, US is NOT the number 1 market, it only makes up 47% of the market (youl find that in the link). Not only did PS3 outsell in Europe by 200k+, and in "other" territories by 200k+, it actually outsold in japan by 140k. It outsold the 360 in japan by a LARGER margin than 360 beat it in the US. .....................Bu bu bu, japan is the smallest market:roll: .

There you have it guise, this is the "dominance" that MS is bringing to sony right now. :roll:

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"] MW2 sold 5 million on PS3,and 7 million on 360 WTF? also, assasins creed 2 sold the same amount on both platforms. But you prolly didnt know that because your likely one of the delusional lemmings who thinks NPD = Worldwide sales. Your acting like the games didnt even break a million on PS3. MW2 sold 5 MILLION, im pretty sure activision isnt crying dude. Sony is making plenty of profit from the revenues of that game, along with all the software on their system. I bet you also didnt know that in NOVEMBER, the PS3 outsold 360 by HALF a million worldwide did you? thats most likely because you cling to the NPDs for dear life like most lemmings do TheArmyGuy48

BTW, US is NOT the number 1 market, it only makes up 47% of the market (youl find that in the link). Not only did PS3 outsell in Europe by 200k+, and in "other" territories by 200k+, it actually outsold in japan by 140k. It outsold the 360 in japan by a LARGER margin than 360 beat it in the US. .....................Bu bu bu, japan is the smallest market:roll: .

There you have it guise, this is the "dominance" that MS is bringing to sony right now. :roll:

Game of the Year Uncharted 2 barely sells 2 million, and being compared to L4D2, and Forza 3, hahaha, also VgChartz as his source.All this and still makes my point, Thanks and if you really wanna laugh, just put Halo 3, and Halo ODST in that group and scribble how it is killing Uncharted 2 as well :LOL:

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

PrimusGears

Didn't lems claim that the Elite's drop wasn't a real price drop when the PS3 slim outsold it? ANd it didn't exactly slaughter the competition. So how can MS drop the price when they already have a $200 SKU?

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"] The 360 already starts at 199, dropping another sku to that price isn't going to a big difference as you seem to make it out to be.OneLazyAsian

Didn't lems claim that the Elite's drop wasn't a real price drop when the PS3 slim outsold it? ANd it didn't exactly slaughter the competition. So how can MS drop the price when they already have a $200 SKU?

drop the arcade to 149.99 Elite to 199.99. They are gonna have a price drop when Project NaTAL Comes out, probably be at 249.99, but since SONY is such weak competition at this point, why not go for the gusto and sell it at 199.99 where you would shut out SONY and would be trying to compete with Nintendo. You know MS can do it since they have about twice the money as Sony does.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FIipMode

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"] MW2 sold 5 million on PS3,and 7 million on 360 WTF? also, assasins creed 2 sold the same amount on both platforms. But you prolly didnt know that because your likely one of the delusional lemmings who thinks NPD = Worldwide sales. Your acting like the games didnt even break a million on PS3. MW2 sold 5 MILLION, im pretty sure activision isnt crying dude. Sony is making plenty of profit from the revenues of that game, along with all the software on their system. I bet you also didnt know that in NOVEMBER, the PS3 outsold 360 by HALF a million worldwide did you? thats most likely because you cling to the NPDs for dear life like most lemmings do TheArmyGuy48

That's some real smooth ownage.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

drop the arcade to 149.99 Elite to 199.99. They are gonna have a price drop when Project NaTAL Comes out, probably be at 249.99, but since SONY is such weak competition at this point, why not go for the gusto and sell it at 199.99 where you would shut out SONY and would be trying to compete with Nintendo. You know MS can do it since they have about twice the money as Sony does.

And like someone said before, MS isn't really making a lot off the hardware, so how would they justify losing money just to compete with Sony? People aren't going to magically stop buying PS3s and games just because MS dropped the price $50-$100.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
MS goal is not to beat Sony, it's to make as much profit as they can. And dropping the price of the 360 right now isn't in their best interests.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

OneLazyAsian

And like someone said before, MS isn't really making a lot off the hardware, so how would they justify losing money just to compete with Sony? People aren't going to magically stop buying PS3s and games just because MS dropped the price $50-$100.

well judging by what you are saying it sounds like the 360 is actually losing to the PS3. Guess you dont see my point afterall since you think the 360 isnt even competing with the PS3 at this point.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Game of the Year Uncharted 2 barely sells 2 million, and being compared to L4D2, and Forza 3, hahaha, also VgChartz as his source.All this and still makes my point, Thanks and if you really wanna laugh, just put Halo 3, and Halo ODST in that group and scribble how it is killing Uncharted 2 as well :LOL:

PrimusGears

Okami won several awards and accolades. Yet it's sold quite poorly on the PS2 and the Wii, the two market-share leaders in their respective gens. Does that make it a bad game? No. Does that make the PS2 or Wii bad systems? No.

Resident Evil 4 won GOTY both at the VGAs (like Uncharted 2) and here at GS (which Uncharted 2 might) and sold similar amounts on a much bigger install base if I remember correctly.

So.... what exactly is your point.

Uncharted 2 is selling fine and as pointed out selling as well or better than some 360 exclusives. I'm not sure I'm seeing how those 360 exclusives failing to win Game of the Year Awards somehow becomes a negative for Uncharted 2.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

shinrabanshou

Okami won several awards and accolades. Yet it's sold quite poorly on the PS2 and the Wii, the two market-share leaders in their respective gens. Does that make it a bad game? No. Does that make the PS2 or Wii bad systems? No.

Resident Evil 4 won GOTY both at the VGAs (like Uncharted 2) and here at GS (which Uncharted 2 might) and sold similar amounts on a much bigger install base if I remember correctly.

So.... what exactly is your point.

Uncharted 2 is selling fine and as pointed out selling as well or better than some 360 exclusives. I'm not sure I'm seeing how those 360 exclusives failing to win Game of the Year Awards somehow becomes a negative for Uncharted 2.

I guess sale anaylists like Wed Pachter are faulty for thinking Uncharted 2 isn't selling great. You are right, Uncharted 2 is selling as good as Halo ODST ever did, Gears 1 and 2, and Halo 3 as well.