If Madworld was labled immature because of the over-the-top gore....

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

*facepalm

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

that looks ****ing great

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Why didn't the cyclops just swat Kratos off? He just flailed his hands around like an idiot.
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
Yes MadWorld is immature....
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thunderdrone
Yes MadWorld is immature.... bf2nutta
Then God of War is Soulja Boy of videogames
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bf2nutta
[QUOTE="bf2nutta"]Yes MadWorld is immature.... Thunderdrone

Who or What is Soulja Boy?!??!?!?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
...i hate kratos....but hey he definantly is brutal :P
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thunderdrone
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="bf2nutta"]Yes MadWorld is immature.... bf2nutta

The very definition of mature. You aint Harcorz till you know Soulja Boy
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bf2nutta
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="bf2nutta"][QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] Then God of War is Soulja Boy of videogames

ahh ok..... Sounds bad either way What would people consider a mature title?? for me games like Hotel Dusk or Farenhiet
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
First of all, just because a few random people called Mad World immature, doesn't mean that the game is actually immature. Secondly, the difference between Madworld is that it comes off more as comical violence, and gratuitious gore for the sake of gore (NG2 was flirting with this). In GoW it is pretty bloody and brutal but all this goes to show Kratos' character. All the blood and brutality perfectly capture the brutal character that Kratos is.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

The amount of violence in those clips is seriously ridiculous. :|

I acknowledge your point.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thunderdrone
[QUOTE="bf2nutta"][QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="bf2nutta"] Who or What is Soulja Boy?!??!?!?

ahh ok..... Sounds bad either way What would people consider a mature title?? for me games like Hotel Dusk or Farenhiet

Never said Madworld was mature btw Just wanted a healthy dosage of SW hypocrisy. You know how it goes Wii=kiddeh, HD=Mature.
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#14 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
God of War is a serious game. Madworld is like a comic book. So people are going to base maturity on what kind of story it unfolds. Question, though...who called Madworld immature? Haven't heard that one from anyone. :P
CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

First of all, just because a few random people called Mad World immature, doesn't mean that the game is actually immature. Secondly, the difference between Madworld is that it comes off more as comical violence, and gratuitious gore for the sake of gore (NG2 was flirting with this). In GoW it is pretty bloody and brutal but all this goes to show Kratos' character. All the blood and brutality perfectly capture the brutal character that Kratos is.II_Seraphim_II

i just dont even know what to say to this. i hope it was meant in to be ironic, because if so, you are a potential comedy legend; if not, the same applies for all the wrong reasons.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thunderdrone

Secondly, the difference between Madworld is that it comes off more as comical violence, and gratuitious gore for the sake of gore (NG2 was flirting with this). In GoW it is pretty bloody and brutal but all this goes to show Kratos' character. All the blood and brutality perfectly capture the brutal character that Kratos is.II_Seraphim_II

So Kratos is brutal because its part of his character but the same cant be applied to Jack Caiman? lol okay

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thunderdrone
God of War is a serious game. Madworld is like a comic book. So people are going to base maturity on what kind of story it unfolds. DethSkematik
God of War is a serious game? wut
Question, though...who called Madworld immature? Haven't heard that one from anyone. :PDethSkematik
Are you serious? Even some dumb "journalists" joined in on the stupid fest. I'm sure if you search some old MW GS topics you'l be surprised.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 II_Seraphim_II

i just dont even know what to say to this. i hope it was meant in to be ironic, because if so, you are a potential comedy legend; if not, the same applies for all the wrong reasons.

CaptainHarley

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Secondly, the difference between Madworld is that it comes off more as comical violence, and gratuitious gore for the sake of gore (NG2 was flirting with this). In GoW it is pretty bloody and brutal but all this goes to show Kratos' character. All the blood and brutality perfectly capture the brutal character that Kratos is.Thunderdrone

So Kratos is brutal because its part of his character but the same cant be applied to Jack Caiman? lol okay

Im not saying Jack isn't brutal. Im saying the way the respective games are portrayed is what people bring the "maturity" claim for. Im not saying that I agree with them ( I actually enjoy madworld a lot) im just telling you why. The whole style and gameplay of MadWorld has more of a comic feel to it, while GoW is more serious.

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bf2nutta
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="bf2nutta"][QUOTE="Thunderdrone"] The very definition of mature. You aint Harcorz till you know Soulja Boy

Never said Madworld was mature btw Just wanted a healthy dosage of SW hypocrisy. You know how it goes Wii=kiddeh, HD=Mature.

Yeah I know..... Know exactly where you are coming from on this one/
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
madowlrd is comical
MegajerkNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MegajerkNYC
Member since 2009 • 505 Posts

*facepalm

Thunderdrone

Graphics that can't be done on Gamecube. Something Madworld 2 is lacking.

ActivistBike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ActivistBike
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

*facepalm

Thunderdrone

:|

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bf2nutta

sorry but what does that have to with the game being mature or not?

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
That's the same thing God of War has been doing since it started, only, it's more detailed due to graphics.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Secondly, the difference between Madworld is that it comes off more as comical violence, and gratuitious gore for the sake of gore (NG2 was flirting with this). In GoW it is pretty bloody and brutal but all this goes to show Kratos' character. All the blood and brutality perfectly capture the brutal character that Kratos is.Thunderdrone

Try and remember that Greek mythology was brutal and disturbing. Though, yes God of War 3 is bloody, the developers didn't want it there just because "well it looks awesome" it's there because of the setting. I just hope it doesn't get banned in Australia. :(
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bf2nutta
That's the same thing God of War has been doing since it started, only, it's more detailed due to graphics.bleehum
I think the point TC is trying to make is some consider some games mature just because of the blood, guts and swearing e.t.c
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
I dunno; they both look kinda dumb to me...
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

No one ever said that about Mad World.

We do tend to agree that VIOLENCE alone does not make a game ADULT or MATURE.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
How the hell is it ok to show somebody's head being ripped off and not swear on this forum? It's a bloody joke.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
That's the same thing God of War has been doing since it started, only, it's more detailed due to graphics.bleehum
I think GOW was pretty brutal and over the top since the first game. And I love it every time Kratos does something that makes my eyes go wide. Kratos will always do that one thing you never thought you'd see a game character do thats why he's so awesome.
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

SO now GoW getting bashed for being too violent???lol Wow the fanboys never quit on here. If the game is so violent dont play it. Simple as that. The GoW series has always been violent its just that now the PS3 allows that violencew to be seen in even more detail. This game will be so great when it releases. Im looking forward to it. The violence in Madworld was over the type and very funny to me. It was a good game.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clembo1990

SO now GoW getting bashed for being too violent???lol Wow the fanboys never quit on here. If the game is so violent dont play it. Simple as that. The GoW series has always been violent its just that now the PS3 allows that violencew to be seen in even more detail. This game will be so great when it releases. Im looking forward to it. The violence in Madworld was over the type and very funny to me. It was a good game.

coltsfan4ever
Madworld was violent, but it didn't fit the game as well as it does with God Of War. I mean, Greek Mythology is violent and epic, and that's two things the previous titles have brought in abundance and this next title promises in great generousity than ever before.
The_Brodeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Brodeo
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

God of War laughs at Madworld.

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bf2nutta

coltsfan4ever
err I think you missed the point... what the TC was trying to say was why are games like MadWorld getting called Immature and a God of War 3 is not.... God of War isn't a great example.... if you read the Iliad or Odyssey they were damm graphic
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
both are pretty "immature". I mean seriously, Kratos was completely made to appeal to the blood hungry young male audience.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thunderdrone

SO now GoW getting bashed for being too violent???lol Wow the fanboys never quit on here. coltsfan4ever

Who's bashing GOW. I own and enjoy GOW1 and 2 alot. Just wanted to see what the "teh imature" crowd had to say now that we are talking about an HD exclusive. Somehow, Kratos cutting open a centaur's belly while its intestins fall out is okay now with the kewl boyz.
Madworld was violent, but it didn't fit the game as well as it does with God Of War.clembo1990
^ This is what i mean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
That my friend are gifs of very very satisfying kills.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Thunderdrone
both are pretty "immature". I mean seriously, Kratos was completely made to appeal to the blood hungry young male audience. Ontain
Exactly
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 coltsfan4ever

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]

bf2nutta

err I think you missed the point... what the TC was trying to say was why are games like MadWorld getting called Immature and a God of War 3 is not.... God of War isn't a great example.... if you read the Iliad or Odyssey they were damm graphic

I got the point. Im just thinking back a few days about another thread on here crying about how GoW 3 may be going to far with the violence. I guess people want Kratos' enemies to spurt sparkels and bubbles when he rips them apart. I read both the Iliad and Odyssey in high school and I loved them. The GoW games have always been violent and I really dont understand why some people have an issue with it. Im not attacking the TC or anybody in this thread. Just saying how I feel.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 II_Seraphim_II
both are pretty "immature". I mean seriously, Kratos was completely made to appeal to the blood hungry young male audience. Ontain
When does "young male" automatically equate to immature? Just because its meant to cater to a certain demographic doesn't mean it's automatically immature. :?
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clembo1990

I got the point. Im just thinking back a few days about another thread on here crying about how GoW 3 may be going to far with the violence. I guess people want Kratos' enemies to spurt sparkels and bubbles when he rips them apart. I read both the Iliad and Odyssey in high school and I loved them. The GoW games have always been violent and I really dont understand why some people have an issue with it. Im not attacking the TC or anybody in this thread. Just saying how I feel.

coltsfan4ever

Homer is the perfect example of why God Of War is right on the money. Those epics had such a wide appeal for their violence, adventure and hero worship. Kratos is basically a badass Odysseus who defies the Gods to such a point that he becomes one. In ancient greece you'd get beheaded for telling a story like that; that only makes this story ten times cooler.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

kratos rocks!

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

Why didn't the cyclops just swat Kratos off? He just flailed his hands around like an idiot.killab2oo5

I wondered the same thing..... kinda stupid really.... its not like Kratos did it quickly b4 he had time to react.... I mean if someone has their hand on my eye, pulling on it.... I'm probably gonna do more than just flail my arms wildly in the air.

Pulling his eye out is awesome.... but couldn't they make the creature make an attempt to save his eye... I mean c'mon he's only got 1.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

*facepalm

MegajerkNYC

Totally irrelevant...and MadWorld 2?

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 coltsfan4ever

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]I got the point. Im just thinking back a few days about another thread on here crying about how GoW 3 may be going to far with the violence. I guess people want Kratos' enemies to spurt sparkels and bubbles when he rips them apart. I read both the Iliad and Odyssey in high school and I loved them. The GoW games have always been violent and I really dont understand why some people have an issue with it. Im not attacking the TC or anybody in this thread. Just saying how I feel.

clembo1990

Homer is the perfect example of why God Of War is right on the money. Those epics had such a wide appeal for their violence, adventure and hero worship. Kratos is basically a badass Odysseus who defies the Gods to such a point that he becomes one. In ancient greece you'd get beheaded for telling a story like that; that only makes this story ten times cooler.

I agree. Another thing I love about the GoW series is the story. It's actually very good but some people dont realize it because they just think of the game as a button masher.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

How the hell is it ok to show somebody's head being ripped off and not swear on this forum? It's a bloody joke.clembo1990

Or show nudity? I always thought it was absolutely hilarious, that people will let kids watch movies with people dying all over the place.... but "oh no Johnny you can watch this.... it shows a womans breasts for 5 sec" I really don't get it.

Forget movies even... look at games....Shooting people in the face or hacking at them with sharp objects in about 30-40% of all games that release.... but a game comes out where your character can have relations with another character... and.... "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE... ALERT THE MEDIA, OH THE CHILDREN"

I just sit back.... and laugh at how absolutely ridiculous people are.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Madworld isnt as violent as God of war, not even in the same context.

Its just comical violence against realistic violence.
Some would say its part of the gameplay aspect.

The graphics department do help a lot, without a doubt.

Dead space is pretty sickening and gory if i say so myself.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
First of all, just because a few random people called Mad World immature, doesn't mean that the game is actually immature. Secondly, the difference between Madworld is that it comes off more as comical violence, and gratuitious gore for the sake of gore (NG2 was flirting with this). In GoW it is pretty bloody and brutal but all this goes to show Kratos' character. All the blood and brutality perfectly capture the brutal character that Kratos is.II_Seraphim_II
I hate that actor in your sig btw. Cant stand medium. This below is not in a direct comment to you Seraphim, just the topic Games arnt supposed to be mature thought out philsophical arguments. They are games. i hate the people who go around saying something is hardcore. i hate the word. Games are games, some are more violent then others. the amount does not determine if the game is hardcore or not, or immature
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clembo1990

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]How the hell is it ok to show somebody's head being ripped off and not swear on this forum? It's a bloody joke.whatisazerg

Or show nudity? I always thought it was absolutely hilarious, that people will let kids watch movies with people dying all over the place.... but "oh no Johnny you can watch this.... it shows a womans breasts for 5 sec" I really don't get it.

Forget movies even... look at games....Shooting people in the face or hacking at them with sharp objects in about 30-40% of all games that release.... but a game comes out where your character can have relations with another character... and.... "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE... ALERT THE MEDIA, OH THE CHILDREN"

I just sit back.... and laugh at how absolutely ridiculous people are.

I'm all for showing the world as how it is. It's just the double standards that **** me off even more.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"]both are pretty "immature". I mean seriously, Kratos was completely made to appeal to the blood hungry young male audience. II_Seraphim_II
When does "young male" automatically equate to immature? Just because its meant to cater to a certain demographic doesn't mean it's automatically immature. :?

you missed the blood hungry part. blood hungry young male entertainment is almost always immature. there may be some exceptions but i don't see this as one.