If Killzone 2 true gameplay trailer flops, can will call it a wrap @ system wars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BioEffect
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts

Basically this next gen war started at E3 2005 when the infamous trailer of Killzone 2 appeared and was being passed on to the viewing public as real time gameplay.  Its been a long road for PS3 after they were basically crowned winner of next gen by the media that day in 2005.  Basically at this point the PS3 is going on its so call potential, whereas the 360 has kinda proved its the real deal with GEOW.  If the real Killzone 2 Demo flops, can we call it a system war wrap, and im not talking about a chicken cesaer wrap either.   The arguments I see going around lately have been very weak, IE OBLIVION OWNAGE, and just wanna know when we will have a fully declared winner.  Im guessing you guys are gonna say when MGS4 is announced for 360.  Ho hum.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    We will declare a winner after the generation is over. With years to go still, its foolish to even think about winners now. The fight is just starting.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
E3 trailers don't decide the fate of the System Wars.
chat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chat2
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts

We will declare a winner after the generation is over. With years to go still, its foolish to even think about winners now. The fight is just starting.SpruceCaboose

yes that right, fanboys should stop declaring winner, the war is just starting

BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BioEffect
[QUOTE="BioEffect"]

Basically this next gen war started at E3 2005 when the infamous trailer of Killzone 2 appeared and was being passed on to the viewing public as real time gameplay.  Its been a long road for PS3 after they were basically crowned winner of next gen by the media that day in 2005.  Basically at this point the PS3 is going on its so call potential, whereas the 360 has kinda proved its the real deal with GEOW.  If the real Killzone 2 Demo flops, can we call it a system war wrap, and im not talking about a chicken cesaer wrap either.   The arguments I see going around lately have been very weak, IE OBLIVION OWNAGE, and just wanna know when we will have a fully declared winner.  Im guessing you guys are gonna say when MGS4 is announced for 360.  Ho hum.

tonythestudent
Wow you posted again, another the PS3 fails thread. You fail at life.  Do you actually sit around at your computer trying to come up with this BS?

Enjoy your PS3 =) I own one as well, just no games for it.
BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BioEffect

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]    We will declare a winner after the generation is over. With years to go still, its foolish to even think about winners now. The fight is just starting.chat2

The fight isnt just starting, its been ongoing. Sorry, you fail.
BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BioEffect
E3 trailers don't decide the fate of the System Wars.Spartan070
agreed, but when Killzone 2 either proves its gonna be that good, or fail to compare will be a big day for either cows or Lemmings.
tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
[QUOTE="tonythestudent"][QUOTE="BioEffect"]

BioEffect
Wow you posted again, another the PS3 fails thread. You fail at life.  Do you actually sit around at your computer trying to come up with this BS?

I don't have one, you fail again at spreading you BS.
BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BioEffect

lol sure you dont. Enjoy hanging on my every thread. Get a new avatar too. You fail. bye.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="chat2"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] We will declare a winner after the generation is over. With years to go still, its foolish to even think about winners now. The fight is just starting.BioEffect

The fight isnt just starting, its been ongoing. Sorry, you fail.

The 360 PS3 fighting has started 4 months ago. Since we have 5 years or more left to go, its just starting, since that is 1/15th of the consoles probable lifespan. I lose nothing. You are trying to proclaim a winner when two of the three systems have not even hit their 2nd wave of games.

For crying out loud, let the systems grow and spread their wings a bit before you go claiming victory, cowboy.

Jez, at least wait til Halo 3, MGS 4, and SSB:M to launch before you go running off to the hills with your shouts of victory.

And for the record, Killzone 2 is not a "killer app", at least until its shown something besides a pre-rendered trailer.

Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
[QUOTE="BioEffect"][QUOTE="tonythestudent"][QUOTE="BioEffect"]

Basically this next gen war started at E3 2005 when the infamous trailer of Killzone 2 appeared and was being passed on to the viewing public as real time gameplay. Its been a long road for PS3 after they were basically crowned winner of next gen by the media that day in 2005. Basically at this point the PS3 is going on its so call potential, whereas the 360 has kinda proved its the real deal with GEOW. If the real Killzone 2 Demo flops, can we call it a system war wrap, and im not talking about a chicken cesaer wrap either. The arguments I see going around lately have been very weak, IE OBLIVION OWNAGE, and just wanna know when we will have a fully declared winner. Im guessing you guys are gonna say when MGS4 is announced for 360. Ho hum.

tonythestudent
Wow you posted again, another the PS3 fails thread. You fail at life. Do you actually sit around at your computer trying to come up with this BS?

I think he's just a kid, dude. No need getting all pissy.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

Basically this next gen war started at E3 2005 when the infamous trailer of Killzone 2 appeared and was being passed on to the viewing public as real time gameplay. Its been a long road for PS3 after they were basically crowned winner of next gen by the media that day in 2005. Basically at this point the PS3 is going on its so call potential, whereas the 360 has kinda proved its the real deal with GEOW. If the real Killzone 2 Demo flops, can we call it a system war wrap, and im not talking about a chicken cesaer wrap either. The arguments I see going around lately have been very weak, IE OBLIVION OWNAGE, and just wanna know when we will have a fully declared winner. Im guessing you guys are gonna say when MGS4 is announced for 360. Ho hum.

BioEffect

when kz2, mgs4, and ff XIII flop, then we can call it a wrap. if only kz2 flops and the other two succeed, then we'll only rag on cows about kz2. but if kz2 flops and mgs4 and ff XIII come to the 360, then the fight between 360 and ps3 for next-gen supremacy will be over with ms on top (this doesn't mean the gen will be over, just the fight for the most powerful and dominant of the two, wii will do great by its own.)

this is when games ship, not based on traillers. 

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
if the trailer does indeed flop..expect alot blind cows making new accounts to hide from their ownage. :lol: