If its on PC/360 is it exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
Well I see people throwing in Alan wake as a 360 exclusive next year, sorry but to me it's not, because IT IS on another platform and that is the PC but I wanna ask system wars if a game comes out on 360 as well as PC is it exclusive?
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts
Nope, but it still makes the ps3 and wii look bad so its still worthwhile :P
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Fanoys vote now! No, it shouldn't, but it depends what you're comparing, eg PS3 vs 360.
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
Its not exclusive.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Fanoys vote now! No, it shouldn't, but it depends what you're comparing, eg PS3 vs 360.fenwickhotmail
Nope. If a game can be played on more than one system, is not an exclusive. It doesn't change anything if you are only comparing two systems ; use the right expression "a multiplat that x console(s) doesn't get".
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts
It's PS3/Wii Excluded ! Amounts to almost the same IMHO but no arguing about the term Excluded is there. :P
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
how can it be exclusive when it is on two platforms?!?!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]Fanoys vote now! No, it shouldn't, but it depends what you're comparing, eg PS3 vs 360.IronBass
Nope. If a game can be played on more than one system, is not an exclusive. It doesn't change anything if you are only comparing two systems ; use the right expression "a multiplat that x console(s) doesn't get".

Console exclusive? :P
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Its not exclusive, but I hate how in SW people act like certain games don't exist if they are multiplat.
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts
It's not exclusive. But it still gives the 360 an edge over the systems it's not on.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Is it exclusive? No. Is it console exclusive? Yes. As much as some on here try to act like console exclusive games do not matter they are just wrong. When the average person goes into a store to buy a console he will look at price where the 360 wins. He will also look at game library and the 360 wins there also. Console exclusive games help make one game library better then the other. PS3 and the 360 are going against each other more then the other systems since the other 2 go for a different crowd. I am not saying the PC or Wii are bad in anyway but over all it is a different crowd then the PS3 and the 360. The 360 just has far more games then the PS3 and one of the reasons is the console exclusive games.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Yes it is... to Microsoft :P.

Honnestly I don't care if a game is also on the PC, I still call it exclusive.

Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
No way....if a game is on both console and pc at the same time, i'll get it on PC for sure.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
It's PS3/Wii Excluded ! Amounts to almost the same IMHO but no arguing about the term Excluded is there. :PSecretPolice
Like Blu-ray, free online and online browsing are "excluded" from the 360, but they aren't exclusive, so they don't count either!
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Animal-Mother
Its not exclusive, but I hate how in SW people act like certain games don't exist if they are multiplat.blue_hazy_basic
Agreed but I hate it how people use multiplats in exclusive line ups
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
No. It's just not on PS3 (seeing as 360 vs PS3 is the real war, and Wii is the overall winner), which is good in the real world for Xbox.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Animal-Mother
Is it exclusive? No. Is it console exclusive? Yes. As much as some on here try to act like console exclusive games do not matter they are just wrong. When the average person goes into a store to buy a console he will look at price where the 360 wins. He will also look at game library and the 360 wins there also. Console exclusive games help make one game library better then the other. PS3 and the 360 are going against each other more then the other systems since the other 2 go for a different crowd. I am not saying the PC or Wii are bad in anyway but over all it is a different crowd then the PS3 and the 360. The 360 just has far more games then the PS3 and one of the reasons is the console exclusive games.rybe1025
PC is a console,so then that means theres not such thing as a console exclusive
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
No because if it's on another platform then it's not exclusive. "Console exclusive" is just another term for fanboys to gain superiority.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
Technically it isn't, but it's weird to call the game multiplatform one, if it's only on two systems. Prefix "multi-" is hardly associated with two entities, in that case that would be rather "dual platform". Oh, and if the term will be accepted here, remember - I coined it :D!
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

how can it be exclusive when it is on two platforms?!?!bf2nutta

Simple logic people.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Its not exclusive, but I hate how in SW people act like certain games don't exist if they are multiplat.Animal-Mother
Agreed but I hate it how people use multiplats in exclusive line ups

Yea thats daft too. To be honest alot of those lists are pretty pointless as they include a mix of crap and games with no release date so I now tend to avoid them :P Nothing is worse than people arguuing over games they know nothing about!
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]Is it exclusive? No. Is it console exclusive? Yes. As much as some on here try to act like console exclusive games do not matter they are just wrong. When the average person goes into a store to buy a console he will look at price where the 360 wins. He will also look at game library and the 360 wins there also. Console exclusive games help make one game library better then the other. PS3 and the 360 are going against each other more then the other systems since the other 2 go for a different crowd. I am not saying the PC or Wii are bad in anyway but over all it is a different crowd then the PS3 and the 360. The 360 just has far more games then the PS3 and one of the reasons is the console exclusive games.Animal-Mother

PCs are not consoles. It is a gaming system, but its not a console.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]Is it exclusive? No. Is it console exclusive? Yes. As much as some on here try to act like console exclusive games do not matter they are just wrong. When the average person goes into a store to buy a console he will look at price where the 360 wins. He will also look at game library and the 360 wins there also. Console exclusive games help make one game library better then the other. PS3 and the 360 are going against each other more then the other systems since the other 2 go for a different crowd. I am not saying the PC or Wii are bad in anyway but over all it is a different crowd then the PS3 and the 360. The 360 just has far more games then the PS3 and one of the reasons is the console exclusive games.Animal-Mother

Wow. :lol:
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]Is it exclusive? No. Is it console exclusive? Yes. As much as some on here try to act like console exclusive games do not matter they are just wrong. When the average person goes into a store to buy a console he will look at price where the 360 wins. He will also look at game library and the 360 wins there also. Console exclusive games help make one game library better then the other. PS3 and the 360 are going against each other more then the other systems since the other 2 go for a different crowd. I am not saying the PC or Wii are bad in anyway but over all it is a different crowd then the PS3 and the 360. The 360 just has far more games then the PS3 and one of the reasons is the console exclusive games.Can-o-Mark

PCs are not consoles. It is a gaming system, but its not a console.

BEsides having to install games What differences does a PC have from a consoles? I mean we upgrade with new consoles after so many years for better graphics , they just manually do the work themselves
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

Just because it plays games does not make it a console. I guess you also think the iphone is a console then.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I do see them as 360 exclusives, but most people don't.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]Is it exclusive? No. Is it console exclusive? Yes. As much as some on here try to act like console exclusive games do not matter they are just wrong. When the average person goes into a store to buy a console he will look at price where the 360 wins. He will also look at game library and the 360 wins there also. Console exclusive games help make one game library better then the other. PS3 and the 360 are going against each other more then the other systems since the other 2 go for a different crowd. I am not saying the PC or Wii are bad in anyway but over all it is a different crowd then the PS3 and the 360. The 360 just has far more games then the PS3 and one of the reasons is the console exclusive games.rybe1025

Just because it plays games does not make it a console. I guess you also think the iphone is a console then.

Theres a difference between handheld and consoles Like i said how is a PC so different from a console? I mean whoever uses the term "console exclusive" is just trying to get a leg up
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Salt_The_Fries
BEsides having to install games What differences does a PC have from a consoles? I mean we upgrade with new consoles after so many years for better graphics , they just manually do the work themselvesAnimal-Mother
Dude, why generalising things that much? It dumbs down the discussion...
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

BEsides having to install games What differences does a PC have from a consoles? I mean we upgrade with new consoles after so many years for better graphics , they just manually do the work themselvesAnimal-Mother

PS3 installs games but that's still a console.

PC is not a console because a console is a machine designed for consumers to buy and use solely for playing video games.

A PC is not a console because you can do so much more on than consoles. Another reason is that PC isn't controlled by anyone like how the 360 is controlled by Microsoft or Sony to PS3. There is no owner of the PC so any developer can make games on it free of charge.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
no its not, why do we alwayas have threads like this? its on more than 1 system that means automatic non exclusive you cant call it a microsoft exclusive eather because PC isnt a microsoft system /thread
Avatar image for AdrenalinDragon
AdrenalinDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 AdrenalinDragon
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts
No because its on more than one system, but some could argue and call it a "Microsoft" exclusive I guess.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
No because its on more than one system, but some could argue and call it a "Microsoft" exclusive I guess.AdrenalinDragon
how? Microsoft doesn't control pc gaming, they dont run it, they dont own it in any way shape or form
Avatar image for AdrenalinDragon
AdrenalinDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#33 AdrenalinDragon
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrenalinDragon"]No because its on more than one system, but some could argue and call it a "Microsoft" exclusive I guess.shadow_hosi
how? Microsoft doesn't control pc gaming, they dont run it, they dont own it in any way shape or form

It only depends on the game, like Halo so it wouldn't always work and I don't use this rule its just what I've seen others refer it to.
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
No because its on more than one system, but some could argue and call it a "Microsoft" exclusive I guess.AdrenalinDragon
but I can get some games running via wine or cedega on linux?
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
No. It's only exclusive if it's available to no more than one system.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrenalinDragon"]No because its on more than one system, but some could argue and call it a "Microsoft" exclusive I guess.shadow_hosi

Last I checked, Microsoft owns the Windows OS. Even though Microsoft doesn't get any money from PC games, it's still the winner when a game is made on the PC instead of the MAC. Plus it's like calling Zelda TP not an exclusive because it's also on the Wii, doesn't make sense to me :?.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]Fanoys vote now! No, it shouldn't, but it depends what you're comparing, eg PS3 vs 360.IronBass

You could always say: "exclusive FROM PS3" and be correct.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#38 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

I consider an x360/PC game an exclusive in x360 vs PS3 debates.

It's not playable on PS3, so it's exclusive in my eyes

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"][QUOTE="AdrenalinDragon"]No because its on more than one system, but some could argue and call it a "Microsoft" exclusive I guess.lebanese_boy

Last I checked, Microsoft owns the Windows OS. Even though Microsoft doesn't get any money from PC games, it's still the winner when a game is made on the PC instead of the MAC. Plus it's like calling Zelda TP not an exclusive because it's also on the Wii, doesn't make sense to me :?.

Zelda TP is not exclusive.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Salt_The_Fries
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]Last I checked, Microsoft owns the Windows OS. Even though Microsoft doesn't get any money from PC games, it's still the winner when a game is made on the PC instead of the MAC. Plus it's like calling Zelda TP not an exclusive because it's also on the Wii, doesn't make sense to me :?.

And last time I checked Microsoft owns DirectX.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Zelda TP is not exclusive.SER69
no, it's a port. :P
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

It still wouldn't be exclusive though. However, if you are directly comparing 2 platforms (ie 360 vs PS3) then they are very important. I'm tired of people hiding behind the PC vs the 360 and the 360 vs the PC.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

If its on PC/360 is it exclusive?

No. We all know the SW definition of exclusive (or should know it).

If it's on PC/360 is it meaningful?

Yes. Because we all know that in the real world choices aren't made/don't follow SW definitions.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

If you're making a pure 360 vs. PS3 debate in a bubble, then you're probably right. If not however, you can't call them exclusives. I would say this however... any cow who dismisses a game like Mass Effect as just another multiplat, like Madden or COD4, is being a little disingenuous in my mind.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
No it isn't exclusive. Although this isn't just limited to the Lems, I seen cows put games like The Agency and DC universe online, as exclusives titles to own the 360.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#46 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

dsmccracken

If you're making a pure 360 vs. PS3 debate in a bubble, then you're probably right. If not however, you can't call them exclusives. I would say this however... any cow who dismisses a game like Mass Effect as just another multiplat, like Madden or COD4, is being a little disingenuous in my mind.

Yup, in x360 vs PS3 debates, an x360/PC game is exclusive in my eyes. Said game is not playable on PS3, so therefore, it's a plus for the x360.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
This constant argument over the meaning of exclusiveness is completely pointless. Having a game on one console and not on another although it's on PC doesn't mean that that game can be completely disregarded in an argument of which library of games was better for a particular year. I voted no because if it's on two platforms it's definately not exclusive however the argument you are trying to support is extremly flawed and is only used by people who can't win an argument any other way than to stretch the truth.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]It's PS3/Wii Excluded ! Amounts to almost the same IMHO but no arguing about the term Excluded is there. :Pblue_hazy_basic
Like Blu-ray, free online and online browsing are "excluded" from the 360, but they aren't exclusive, so they don't count either!

LOL stop using logic

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts

Absolutely! Its a Microsoft exclusive. Windows is a Microsoft product. So unless the game is released on PC for Linux and OSX as well as windows then its a Microsoft exclusive. Sorry fanboys thems the facts.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

If its on PC its not and exclusive. As the whether or not PC/X360 games and PC/PS3 games should be used in X360 vs PS3 debates, that all depends on the thread creator. And let me reiterate something I have said time and time again: The point of an exclusive is to have a game that is so iresistable that one is has no choice but to buy that particular gaming system to play it.

If a game is on more than one system (PC/X360 or PC/PS3) its no longer exclusive because one no longer has to buy an X360 or a PS3 to play it. As long as there is an option to play that particular game on another platform, the "exclusive-power" of the game is lost. Sure some people may still buy an X360 or PS3 for that particular game but a person with an awesome PC will be under no obligation to do so.

Ask yourself this: Some people bought an X360 awaiting the arrival of a GTA4. Does that make GTA4 an exclusive? The answer is no. Since GTA4 is available on 3 different systems, one has to conclude that there were other reasons the person bought it on the X360...maybe they liked the controller more or they heard the graphics were better or they always wanted to try out Halo3 so they decided to go for an X360 and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.