if crysis had average graphics would you even care about it

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

all i ever hear about crysis is the graphics,nothing else. i never hear about multiplayer, gameplay, storyline, or any thing else. I dont even know hat the game is about, just some fps with great graphics. IF crysis had average graphics would anyone even care the game existed

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Well, it'd get a lot less attention that's for sure. However it'd still be a great game, easily one of the better FPS experiences of last year even without the graphics.

STALKER and The Darkness are better though.
shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
Yes, because it remains as one of the best FPS in the last few years. Those who have never played it will never understand sadly, and keep labeling it as just another pretty looking game.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
Simply put, Crysis is made by the same developer of th PC version of Far Cry. Considering I loved all of Far Cry's outdoor levels, I'd have to consider getting Crysis...Whenever I finally get around to building a new PC. >.>
Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts
yea... it was actually very fun to play. but yea the graphics own!!!! :)
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15606 Posts
Nope, there are a lot of gameplay mechanics that annoy the hell out of me.
jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

If Halo was an ASCII adventure game would you even care about it?

This thread is bad.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

ehhhh no I played Crysis on med. setting and still had a blast.

Its a really good game IMO.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

The story is worthless. The online is decent, but there are so many better games, that there's no reason to spend any time on it.

And if we ignore the graphics, what are we left with?

The gameplay. This is where Crysis shines. Crysis has the best gunplay I've ever seen, and the firefights are unpredictable and almost always a blast. This is a pretty bold claim, but in my opinion, Crysis has the best gameplay in any FPS ever.

Granted, Crysis wouldn't receive half the attention that it does if it wasn't for the graphics, but even without them, it's a fine game.

PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
if gears of war 2 had horrible, graphics, if banjo wasmade by insomniac would u still buy it ?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I'd probably care as much about it as I do now.
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
Imo the only reason i played it was because of the graphics then the game got me mad and i used cheats to make its funner and easier, but to put it simply no
stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 stappy
Member since 2004 • 611 Posts
Yes i would. It's the tactical aspect of it i love. There's just something immersive over it.
JoeDoe1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoeDoe1233
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Being a person who plays it at a setting that makes it look like a nice looking xbox (1) title on medium, I'd say that it's a decent shooter. I'd give it a 8. This is coming from someone who thought farcry (pc) was a pos

Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts
Yes, because it has fun gameplay
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I don't care about it with the shiny graphics (I can run it on max) so no I still wouldn't care if it had average graphics.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Its awesome fun.
longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts
It'd still be awesome. The suit powers, non-linear missions make it worth it.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29835 Posts
from what i've played, it seems to be a decent FPS. really, though, i don't know why so many people went crazy for it.
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Well one of the big reasons why HL2 and Doom 3 got so much attention were its graphics and how they took it to the next level. Graphics play a big role in games, whether the game is fun or not. You play with your eyes first.
mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts

to be honest not really. crysis is an example of a game where graphics really do make the game better. i know most people like to say gameplay>graphics but until you've experienced crysis at max details in surround sound, sneaking up on enemies in a beautiful jungle, throwing them in the air with buildings exploding around you, you have no idea.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
As good as it is, it would receive far less attention.
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
Honestly no i dont think i would have ever heard of it if it had average graphically
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

all i ever hear about crysis is the graphics,nothing else. i never hear about multiplayer, gameplay, storyline, or any thing else. I dont even know hat the game is about, just some fps with great graphics. IF crysis had average graphics would anyone even care the game existed

EmperorZeruel

So why don't you try playing it?

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
I would say no, gameplay was really shallow.
zaigham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zaigham
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts

EmperorZeruel

People have their opinions. For every superhit game there will always be some people who won't like it. Same goes for crysis.

In my opinion, excellent graphics just added more to the immersion of the game. Big open ended environments, good AI (most of the times), game play elements particularly the nano suit options that completely change the way you play thus adding to the re-playabilit, good story line are all the strong points of the game.Some times crysis gameplay just feels like you are into some full action movie. Crysis is one of the very few games that I wanted to play again when I finished it.

wood_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wood_duck
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts

I would say no, gameplay was really shallow. albi321

In comparison to what other shooters?

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
yes, for the 1000th time yes
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
I would still be an awesome game, its no the graphics that have given it great scores but the fact it is one of the best fps to date, warhead has some of the best action of any shooter ever. aside from the graphics the things that make crysis great is the nano suit, customizable weapons, amazing physics and most of all the huge levels, none of which force you down a narrow corridor as well as having a very different setting from most other shooters
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Simply put it was the best FPS last year and probably the best i've played since ... since ... I dunno, it's really good fun.

The graphics add to the gameplay so it is hard to say what it would be like without them. It is not just about the pretties it actually adds depth to the game.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts
Crysis is a fantastic shooter that will forever be remembered for its graphics, which is really a crime. Its gameplay deserves attention aswell. Its a damn fine FPS.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts
absolutely. the game is a cracker to play. great fun.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
Probably not. It's graphics is the reason I noticed it to begin with.
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

If Halo was an ASCII adventure game would you even care about it?

This thread is bad.

jeffwulf

:D haha good one

If granny had balls she would be grandpa

Anyway,Crysis is awesome even if we put aside graphics (whoch even on low and medium look far bether than most games out there lol)

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
I also heard it was very easy to mod and had an awesome map editor. Other than that, no. :P EDIT: Maybe it's just because there aren't that many players but I never see or hear much about it. Dispite trying to be a big supporter in the modding world I have never seen that many mods for it. And people talk Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Counter-Strike multilayer over Crysis's. I guess Crysis is just victim of it's own graphical success. :P
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Then it wouldn't be Crysis :D
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Despite what some people may like to think; Crysis was not graphics over game play.

It may have not been to everyones tastes but it is widely considered a good game.

7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
Crysis is an amazing game not only because of it's graphics and gameplay but also the storyline is very engaging.
ineedanap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ineedanap
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
I wouldn't, and to be quite honest I don't care about it that much anyway.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts

To put it simply, yes. Crysis is a very solid game. One of the most, if not the most non-linear FPS game out there. There's no invisible walls stopping you from taking your own approach to each and every situation. The possibilities are endless with boats, trucks, humv's, tanks, rockets, turrets, plenty of guns, explosives and good old stealth at your disposal.

Crysis is an amazing game all around, the fact that it looks so amazing just adds even more. It's like HD Farcry on steroids.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes the gameplay is great
smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts
Yes, but it would get less attention. The gameplay is solid, just not super spectacular. I kinda wish they worked less on the graphics and more on the gameplay, but not by much. If that makes any sense.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
i heard a lot of people mention that crysis has good gameplay to back it up, however out side this trend all am i going to see is people saying that this game has great graphics
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

IMMERSION

The graphics play a huge role in the overall immersion of the game. Hiding in some moonlit woodland in the middle of the night, hiding while a patrol passes by towards the mayhem you have just created or sneaking up and snatching a n.korean soldeir taking a whiz lol.

Sure, if crysis didnt have such surperior graphics it wouldn't be so good, but then again lets not under estimate what the graphics do bring...huge immersion into the game world, combined with freedom and very realistic physics.

Trust me, those factors combine to create a very immersive and believable game world.

Not sure if your point proves anything though.

koko0321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 koko0321
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts

Well, it'd get a lot less attention that's for sure. However it'd still be a great game, easily one of the better FPS experiences of last year even without the graphics.

STALKER and The Darkness are better though.Saturos3091

are you fkin kidding me ? srry this isnt anything personal.Your post was second so yea i looked at it and replying to it.Crysis was one of the most dumb and slow FPS ever.Seriously tell me what other than good physics,ai,graphics,scenaries...etc...etc...did it have which could take it to the top ? let me guess NOTHING...aliens destroying the planet earth....been there.....islands with palm trees.....been there.....Crysis was just toooooo good ONLY because of its graphics,ai,physics,dynamic stuff which all in the end are generally GRAPHICS.So it wouldnt be anything except that.

koko0321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 koko0321
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts

IMMERSION

The graphics play a huge role in the overall immersion of the game. Hiding in some moonlit woodland in the middle of the night, hiding while a patrol passes by towards the mayhem you have just created or sneaking up and snatching a n.korean soldeir taking a whiz lol.

Sure, if crysis didnt have such surperior graphics it wouldn't be so good, but then again lets not under estimate what the graphics do bring...huge immersion into the game world, combined with freedom and very realistic physics.

Trust me, those factors combine to create a very immersive and believable game world.

DAZZER7

You look mature and factfull.So i mostly agree with you but just wondering does tc include super AI and super physics and sandbox thing in the "Graphics" ? If yes than what would you say ?

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
It certainly wouldn't be getting as much attention on System Wars if it wasn't for the fact that it is the absolute graphics king of every platform, but I still would've enjoyed it. I liked the environment interaction, physics, firefights, and cheesy B-Movie story more than the graphics (although they are epic).
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts
[QUOTE="DAZZER7"]

IMMERSION

koko0321

You look mature and factfull.So i mostly agree with you but just wondering does tc include super AI and super physics and sandbox thing in the "Graphics" ? If yes than what would you say ?

Nanosuit.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
It's an amazing game on highest settings and it's an amazing game on lowest settings, so yes.