I wish Halo Reach and GT 5 would release on the same day to confirm sales King

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] gt5p sold almost 5 million copies, I know that, but it did OVER TIME halo 3 odst sold 1 million IN ONE DAY that is what im trying to prove here...halo sells much faster and therefore it sells more...lightleggy

Even though I'm not arguing Halos selling rate, I am curious to find out where you got those ODST day one sales.

dont worry, it was NOT vgchartz

Well where is it.
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

GT5 prologue sold almost as many copies as ODST, and it's basically a paid demo.

SkaRy_RuLeZ

gt5p sold almost 5 million copies, I know that, but it did OVER TIME halo 3 odst sold 1 million IN ONE DAY that is what im trying to prove here...halo sells much faster and therefore it sells more...

Still, GT5 sits at 5 million copies sold while ODST sits at 5.5 million. Halo sells faster because its mindless zombies lining up on day one for sale. Gran Turismo is the kind of game that gamers enjoy, professional drivers enjoy, casual adults enjoy, and this are the kind of people who won't go at midnight to a store to buy a game. Seriously, GT4 is still used nowadays on driving shows like top gear to make comparisons and tests, and this is a fairly old game..

:roll: So GT gamers are better than Halo gamers. Ive heard it all now. Difference is, ODST was a full priced expansion which stopped a lot of people from buying it. Prologue wasn't full priced. Reach will sell much more than ODST.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#53 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

GT5 prologue sold almost as many copies as ODST, and it's basically a paid demo.

SkaRy_RuLeZ

gt5p sold almost 5 million copies, I know that, but it did OVER TIME halo 3 odst sold 1 million IN ONE DAY that is what im trying to prove here...halo sells much faster and therefore it sells more...

Still, GT5 sits at 5 million copies sold while ODST sits at 5.5 million. Halo sells faster because its mindless zombies lining up on day one for sale. Gran Turismo is the kind of game that gamers enjoy, professional drivers enjoy, casual adults enjoy, and this are the kind of people who won't go at midnight to a store to buy a game. Seriously, GT4 is still used nowadays on driving shows like top gear to make comparisons and tests, and this is a fairly old game..

im not discussing about the mindless halo fans who will buy anything with "HALO" on it (they would even buy something like "halo golf" thinking that it will have some major storyline revelations on master chief) but that is the only reason why halo cannot be outsold by a PS3 game...it will never happen.. and halo 3 odst did not featured the master chief and it was pretty much of a dlc disguised as a full game and it still sold an amazing number of 5,5 millions...now just imagine with halo reach...microsoft has been hyping reach more than any other halo. the only game with an actual chance of beating reach is black ops, not other, /thread
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"] Even though I'm not arguing Halos selling rate, I am curious to find out where you got those ODST day one sales.FIipMode

Well where is it.

It was looong time ago, when uncharted 2 was out, I compared the day 1 sales but I cant remember where, all I remember is that ODST sold more than 1 million the first day

and I dont know why you are so surprised...its a halo game

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FIipMode

[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="lightleggy"]

lightleggy

Well where is it.

It was looong time ago, when uncharted 2 was out, I compared the day 1 sales but I cant remember where, all I remember is that ODST sold more than 1 million the first day

Well when you get the actual link to confirm what your saying is true let me know ;).

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

Why do people keep saying this? Is there any proof to this?

crusadernm

GT3 launched when PS2 install base was less than 10 mils and it managed to sell 15 mils units overtime.

Then why does GT 4 have lower sales with 140 million install base.

Exactly and if you look at it now GT5 is in the same position as GT3 its the first full GT game this generation but right now PS3 got almost 4X the install base of PS2 install base when GT3 launched and thats why many people expect it to be a big seller, i don't expect it to break GT3 record but i think it will very close behind it.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

Sales king is Wii Play

A competition between Halo Reach and GT5 would prove nothing especially given that they're different genres.

crusadernm

I said this holiday season. It would determine which game is more popular.

No... it would determine that more shooter fans own 360s and more racing fans own Ps3s...

SkaRy_RuLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SkaRy_RuLeZ
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] gt5p sold almost 5 million copies, I know that, but it did OVER TIME halo 3 odst sold 1 million IN ONE DAY that is what im trying to prove here...halo sells much faster and therefore it sells more...Anjunaddict

:roll: So GT gamers are better than Halo gamers. Ive heard it all now. Difference is, ODST was a full priced expansion which stopped a lot of people from buying it. Prologue wasn't full priced. Reach will sell much more than ODST.

Because being a paid demo certainly didn't hinder GT5 Prologue's sales?

No GT game ever sold less than 10 million copies.

No Halo game ever sold more than 10 million copies.

GT gamer's aren't better than Halo gamers, just... well, yes they are better.

Avatar image for Arbiterisl33t69
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 Arbiterisl33t69
Member since 2009 • 2542 Posts

its doesnt matter if they relese the same day or not because gt5 will outsell haloreach no matter what. gt5 will have a huger sales than haloreach in 24 hours, gt5 will outsell haloreach in total in their life span, gt5 will outsell haloreach in npd gt5 will outsell haloreach in europe gt5 will outsell haloreach in japan gt5 will outsell haloreach worldwide imho no matter what plus gt5 graphics is better and more people will be onine for gt5 everyday than haloreach

_SWAG_
:lol: @ graphics making it a better game. I don't doubt GT5 will sell a ton, but I find it hard to believe more people play racing sims online than they do FPS online..
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Anjunaddict

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

SkaRy_RuLeZ

Prologue probably had more content than ODST, for a reduced price :P

Anyway, that wasn't my point, my point was that Reach will outsell ODST, not that Reach will definitely outsell GT5. Oh, and Halo 3 has actually sold over 11 million.

And I feel sorry for GT gamers. They could have it so much better if they just picked up Forza

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lightleggy

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

SkaRy_RuLeZ

I think that he has something to say about that

check your "facts" next time pls

SkaRy_RuLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SkaRy_RuLeZ

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

lightleggy

[Pic of fail game snipped]

The only confirmed value is 8.1 million, any more than that is pure speculation

SkaRy_RuLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SkaRy_RuLeZ

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

Anjunaddict

Anyway, that wasn't my point, my point was that Reach will outsell ODST, not that Reach will definitely outsell GT5. Oh, and Halo 3 has actually sold over 11 million.

And I feel sorry for GT gamers. They could have it so much better if they just picked up Forza

That's like saying Halo players would have it much better if they just picked up Killzone. Wait, that's not right, since they would actually have it much better. My bad. Replace killzone with bioshock 2 or something.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

SkaRy_RuLeZ

so if it's speculation why do you assume its under 10 million? kinda contradicted yourself there.

SkaRy_RuLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SkaRy_RuLeZ

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Microsoft1234

so if its speculation why do you assume its under 10 million? kinda contradicted yourself there.

Because the confirmed value is 8.1 million? I like to use value's coming from the publishers, not crap like VGChartz. For all I know every GT game may have sold more than 15 million copies, and I could just replace the 10 in the sentence with 15, but since the confirmed value of GT2 is just above 10 million, that's what I used.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
@skary rules, you said it's all speculation how much it sold since the confirmed number is 8.1, then go on to state it hasn't sold over 10. All we know is that it's greater than 8.1.................
FireEmblem74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FireEmblem74
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

SkaRy_RuLeZ

and you go on to speculate :roll:
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I say ultimately it doesn't matter which one gets more sales, though I'm banking on GT5 winning. Reach will get fewer sales that Halo 3, but more than ODST...if it was titled Halo 4 we'd be talking 10m+ easily but since were not GT5 should have the edge.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

its doesnt matter if they relese the same day or not because gt5 will outsell haloreach no matter what. gt5 will have a huger sales than haloreach in 24 hours, gt5 will outsell haloreach in total in their life span, gt5 will outsell haloreach in npd gt5 will outsell haloreach in europe gt5 will outsell haloreach in japan gt5 will outsell haloreach worldwide imho no matter what plus gt5 graphics is better and more people will be onine for gt5 everyday than haloreach

_SWAG_

Will GT5 outsell Halo Reach in America...the largest gaming market in the world?:P

SkaRy_RuLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SkaRy_RuLeZ

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

TacticalDesire

Will GT5 outsell Halo Reach in America...the largest gaming market in the world?:P

Who cares if it is outsold 60 to 40 in america if it goes on to sell 7 to 3 in europe and 9 to 1 in japan?

Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Eltormo
Member since 2010 • 990 Posts

Does it even matter when Mario Kart has like 20 million units sold,probably outselling both Halo and GT5 combined.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

sales king....really....

and from reading 7 posts down, it's sales king of holiday 2010?:?

c'mon...what is really the point of it. pretty ridiculous.

VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

SkaRy_RuLeZ

I have both consoles and won't be getting either game.

Oh and I have numbers too! but mine aren't baised or fanboyish.

No GT game was ever released on a platform with less than 102 million consoles sold. I sure hope with that much of an install base they could sell 10 million copies of even crappy games.

Let's use history, percentages and statistics shall we?

Doing this we can estimate that GT5 will sell around 4 million copies, about 10% of the PS3s install base.

Halo Reach will sell around 8 million copies, about 25% of the 360s install base.

This is what history shows and of course my estimates could be off by a few million here and there but I don't see a point in you comparing a game like GT4 that has been out for 5 years with 120 million consoles and sold 10+mil copies to Halo 3 that is just coming up on it's 2nd year with 40mil consoles and 10mil copies.

All you really ended up doing is making the GT franchise not seem as popular when only 10% of console owners are buying the games.

Do you like apples? If so, how do you like those apples? Boo-Ya!

KaoSXFACTOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 KaoSXFACTOR
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"] Even though I'm not arguing Halos selling rate, I am curious to find out where you got those ODST day one sales.FIipMode

Well where is it.

Well ODST didn't sell 1 million in a day. It was actually 2 million....

http://www.thegameraccess.com/news/360/halo-3-odst-sells-2-million-at-launch

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Anjunaddict

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

SkaRy_RuLeZ

That's like saying Halo players would have it much better if they just picked up Killzone. Wait, that's not right, since they would actually have it much better. My bad. Replace killzone with bioshock 2 or something.

Except its not, because Halo 3 is better than Killzone :)

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

KaoSXFACTOR

Well where is it.

Your source links back to vgchartz, and we all know how unreliable their numbers are. Does anyone have an official press release from MS after ODST's release? They would have been praising the game to high heaven if it did 2M sales first day.

VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

Also calling GT5 prologue a demo is laughable. It had nearly as many cars and options as some full priced racing games. Man you guys get crazy with the fanboy stuff to try and win your point with unrealistic statements.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FIipMode

KaoSXFACTOR

Well where is it.

You should know better, VCG, is not reliable in any way.
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20185 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Wouldn't be fair to judge anyways since they're on different platforms with different install base numbers.crusadernm

They are pretty even today actually. less than 3 million apart.

So Halo 3 sold 10 million copies at $60?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#81 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

True, but I'm getting Reach and not GT5, I don't need another overhyped racing series game.

Espada12

I dunno man if I had to choose between the overhyped FPS series and the overhyped racing one I'd go with the racing one.

[spoiler] Hell yeah, me too. [/spoiler]

jaqulle999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jaqulle999
Member since 2009 • 2897 Posts

you can't compare Halo sells a lot of copies at firs day its like a blockbuster but GT is a slow burner its sells a moderate amount of games at first day but it keeps selling for a very long time anyway over all probably Halo reach will sell more than GT5.

Kashiwaba
yea, you would have to wait for a year until it would be close then gt5 would begin to overtake reach
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I expect Reach will sell better than GT5 in the US, while GT5 will (obviously) sell better than Reach in Japan. As for Europe, I couldn't really say. I know Polyphony tracks European numbers, but I'm not sure if we'll get Reach's from MS, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

VladJasonDrac

I have both consoles and won't be getting either game.

Oh and I have numbers too! but mine aren't baised or fanboyish.

No GT game was ever released on a platform with less than 102 million consoles sold. I sure hope with that much of an install base they could sell 10 million copies of even crappy games.

Let's use history, percentages and statistics shall we?

Doing this we can estimate that GT5 will sell around 4 million copies, about 10% of the PS3s install base.

Halo Reach will sell around 8 million copies, about 25% of the 360s install base.

This is what history shows and of course my estimates could be off by a few million here and there but I don't see a point in you comparing a game like GT4 that has been out for 5 years with 120 million consoles and sold 10+mil copies to Halo 3 that is just coming up on it's 2nd year with 40mil consoles and 10mil copies.

All you really ended up doing is making the GT franchise not seem as popular when only 10% of console owners are buying the games.

Do you like apples? If so, how do you like those apples? Boo-Ya!

Then why MGS4 outsold all the PS2 MGSs and GOW3 outsold all the PS2 GOWs == its simple PS3 is nearly piracy free while PS2 games used to be pirated like hell.

Cook1eMonst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Cook1eMonst3r
Member since 2010 • 76 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

SkaRy_RuLeZ

That was months after the game's release, in the beginning of 2008. Halo 3 kept selling, though, and actually managed to outsell Killzone 2 in the U.S. in 2009 one month (Halo 3 being 20 months old, Killzone 2 being only one or two).
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

It would be awesome

I would go to the nearest gamestore and sit there on release day with plenty of snacks & drinks watching cows and lems going at it

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I still think it would be Reach, due to the sheer amount of hype. At least over a short period.
Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
Yeah that.would be...no wait, I don't care that much.
[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Wouldn't be fair to judge anyways since they're on different platforms with different install base numbers.Chutebox

They are pretty even today actually. less than 3 million apart.

It's more than 3 million apart.

And 3 million is significant. That's almost an extra 10%.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#89 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Sales king? Are you serious?

Anyway, it wouldn't prove anything for a while to come seeing as one title might have longer legs than the other.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i just want the games to be great... dont care which one sells more..

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
ITT: We need a real, authentic worldwide sales website.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#92 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Sales king?:| Who cares?
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

What will happen is that Halo Reach will take America but GT5 will take Japan and Europe. At the end of the day GT5 will sell better WW and will continue with great sales whilst Reach will sell extremely well at launch, in America at least and then just stop. But the interesting thing is the 360 fans -thinking America equals WW sales- will look at NPD showing Reach with superior sales and declare victory.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

There is a big difference between these two games. And I don't think Halo Reach will be a big system seller like GT5 will, though Halo Reach will probably sell more, at least over a short period. Most people that buy Halo Reach allready owns an X360, while a big number of the GT5 buyers have'nt bought a PS3 yet.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

What will happen is that Halo Reach will take America but GT5 will take Japan and Europe. At the end of the day GT5 will sell better WW and will continue with great sales whilst Reach will sell extremely well at launch, in America at least and then just stop. But the interesting thing is the 360 fans -thinking America equals WW sales- will look at NPD showing Reach with superior sales and declare victory.

Swift_Boss_A

why do you care if someone even declares victory for sales king:|

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

HavocV3

why do you care if someone even declares victory for sales king:|

I don't care, I'll be too busy playing GT5 but this what Im expecting from SW.

Avatar image for ProjectNatalFan
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ProjectNatalFan
Member since 2010 • 2471 Posts

i wish it would happen today cause its so clear that Halo reach will beat GT5 in the sales department. the delusion

Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Eltormo
Member since 2010 • 990 Posts

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

Anjunaddict

Except its not, because Halo 3 is better than Killzone :)

No..

Online yes off line not even close.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Hang on what? why are we comparing sales between a FPS and a Racing sim?

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

you can't compare Halo sells a lot of copies at firs day its like a blockbuster but GT is a slow burner its sells a moderate amount of games at first day but it keeps selling for a very long time anyway over all probably Halo reach will sell more than GT5.

[/QUOT

Everyone seems to forget ps2's user base vs ps3's user base. your talking 120 million vs 40 million