2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Sony has been failing big time lately with their marketing policies, HFW was the straw and the way they priced the PS4/PS5 version is nothing short of deceptive and scamming. That's on the back of increasing all their exclusive games by 10$ while MS did not, charging for next gen patches, but they call it upgrades of course, very smart.

Being pragmatic, I have decided I will get an XBX and subscribe to game pass to get all what MS offers instantly and more often than not the best multiplatform version of most games.

I will still keep my PS5 for 2nd hand exclusives when they are dirt cheap. That's what Sony deserves if they treat customers like that.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Saw this earlier.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I've looked through Game Pass, not sure what is great about it to be honest. And most new multiplats you still have to buy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Dirty used exclusives?

Ew

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45494 Posts

Dear TC,

Forbidden West is not on Game Pass.

Sincerely,

Solid

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22982 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Dear TC,

Sincerely,

Solid

True, but it will be a 20 dollar game at some point in the not so distant future.

His point that an xsx for gamepass and a ps5 for budget priced exclusives is sound. It's actually a really great way to do modern gaming.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22982 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Dirty used exclusives?

Ew

Lol... What does that even mean?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

More power to you. Enjoy what you purchase.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12383 Posts

You'll still be paying $70 for a lot of games on Xbox regardless of what you think of PlayStation's pricing model.

And honestly, if Sony is "losing you" because of $10 upgrades then should they really care? You clearly aren't a spender or, a big fan of their games. Otherwise, you'd see the value they're offering and pay up if you really want it that bad.

You just sound bitter because they treat you like a customer and not some golden child that needs free things.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

Wise gamer right there. Xbox is the only way to go for console gaming unless getting milked is your thing. lol

:P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Dirty used exclusives?

Ew

Lol... What does that even mean?

That's just how I read the thread topic.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 958 Posts

As a PS fan I must say I'm really not liking the path Sony is taking. No more exclusives kills its brand power in my point of view even if it makes sense business wise releasing their exclusives on PC or other platforms. If their exclusives are coming to PC eventually I really see no point in keep supporting PS consoles. I'm not one who has to play these exclusives day 1. In fact I always wait for a sale in every game I'm interested at.

Independently even if these games have been more expensive to make Sony were the only ones raising their prices while every other major publisher stayed the same. Sony has been greedy as I've never seen lately and Jim Ryan has been running the PS brand into the ground imo. Stuff like the upgrades fiasco and stupid censoring have made me real mad at a brand I used to defend fiercely.

And even though I highly enjoy their exclusives very much and still find Sony to have the best exclusives around, IT IS true that the "open-world 3rd person action game" trope is getting tiresome. Barely any variety in their exclusive line-up. All in all, yeah, I dont see myself buying a PS5 anytime soon and its not for a lack of money or availability. If I wanted I could get one easily since I used to work in a major electronics retailer and I still have very good friends there that could save me one. I just dont see any point to it atm. Still have plenty of PS4 /PC and Switch games to entertain me for the years to come. People should try playing older games more often instead of just wanting to play the "new things on the block because everyone else are playing them too".

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56418 Posts

For certain games like HFW case, every PS fan advice on buying it on PS4 and not PS5 to avoid paying $10 Sony's tax increase. But in any case, Game Pass is good & all but still has the games I desire to play on it and Sony still has better exclusive games IMO. Game Pass can only do so much.

@vatususreturns said:

As a PS fan I must say I'm really not liking the path Sony is taking. No more exclusives kills its brand power in my point of view even if it makes sense business wise releasing their exclusives on PC or other platforms. If their exclusives are coming to PC eventually I really see no point in keep supporting PS consoles. I'm not one who has to play these exclusives day 1. In fact I always wait for a sale in every game I'm interested at.

Independently even if these games have been more expensive to make Sony were the only ones raising their prices while every other major publisher stayed the same. Sony has been greedy as I've never seen lately and Jim Ryan has been running the PS brand into the ground imo. Stuff like the upgrades fiasco and stupid censoring have made me real mad at a brand I used to defend fiercely.

And even though I highly enjoy their exclusives very much and still find Sony to have the best exclusives around, IT IS true that the "open-world 3rd person action game" trope is getting tiresome. Barely any variety in their exclusive line-up. All in all, yeah, I dont see myself buying a PS5 anytime soon and its not for a lack of money or availability. If I wanted I could get one easily since I used to work in a major electronics retailer and I still have very good friends there that could save me one. I just dont see any point to it atm. Still have plenty of PS4 /PC and Switch games to entertain me for the years to come. People should try playing older games more often instead of just wanting to play the "new things on the block because everyone else are playing them too".

Why do so many PS fans keep saying this? PC ports have proven time again that they don't hurt console sales at all. We have seen few gamers here saying they still want to play on consoles and PC gaming isn't for everyone hence why Sony see this by releasing PC ports won't impact PS5 sales at all.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39718 Posts

Enjoy inferior games on the Kickstarter-like service.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45494 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Dear TC,

Sincerely,

Solid

True, but it will be a 20 dollar game at some point in the not so distant future.

His point that an xsx for gamepass and a ps5 for budget priced exclusives is sound. It's actually a really great way to do modern gaming.

It's been a year since Ratchet and Clank came out and it's still minimum $50.

I've had GamePass for months now. I got the 3 year workaround where you convert XBL to GamePass for the same price. Since having it, I've enjoyed games like Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. But guess what? I'm paying for that. I don't own the game and I still don't own the game. I know that in people's heads they consider it like it's free, but it's not. Other than those two games, many of the games on the service are games that have been out for a while and you can own for a very cheap price. The GamePass hype is mostly psychological.

Gamers are willing to spend money on games that they like. Which is good for the industry. Games are expensive to make and you should be supporting developers.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Dear TC,

Sincerely,

Solid

Eh, it reviewed well and is selling well. Demon's Souls Remake, Sackboy, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank are all still $40-50 when they go on sale. Even TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 still sit around $30.

Good luck getting HFW anytime soon for $20. Maybe three years from now. Maybe.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 958 Posts

@davillain said:

For certain games like HFW case, every PS fan advice on buying it on PS4 and not PS5 to avoid paying $10 Sony's tax increase. But in any case, Game Pass is good & all but still has the games I desire to play on it and Sony still has better exclusive games IMO. Game Pass can only do so much.

@vatususreturns said:

Why do so many PS fans keep saying this? PC ports have proven time again that they don't hurt console sales at all. We have seen few gamers here saying they still want to play on consoles and PC gaming isn't for everyone hence why Sony see this by releasing PC ports won't impact PS5 sales at all.

Not hurting consoles sales and not hurting its brand are two different things. And I specificaly said "in my point of view", and for me it does hurt its brand. I no longer view PS console as something I have to buy to play its exclusives so no point for me to buy one. I'd rather spend that money on a proper PC. If people still want to buy PS consoles then kudos to them but I dont. So, at least in my case, releasing its exclusives on PC did hurt its brand

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Thanks for the update. I was starting to wonder what your plans were

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70414 Posts

I get to enjoy Sony's exclusives for just $30 while the shills pay full price.😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

Wise man finally seeing the light.

Sony only knows how to milk. Ask yourself why the ps5 digital even exists. It's not because sony is being kind and offering gamers a system for $100 cheaper. It's because they will make BANK off the digital gamers.

And yes, I'll get the ps5 when the ps5 pro comes out.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@mysticaldonut: expect demon souls remake price to tank when elden ring drops. Who the heck will buy demon souls remake for $50 when you can get elden ring??

The other games will eventually drop in price too. It's inevitable after sony finishes milking the cows they are left to drop the price.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1274 Posts

I bought HZD complete edition (new) for $20 in 2018.... for some reason I don't expect to be able to do the same with Forbidden West in 2023. I have a feeling "bargain bin" prices are going to be higher then what they used to be.

I'm sure it'll be discounted before BotW though.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Leave Sony alone.

Cows with a mouthful of Sony shlong will defend the pricing.

Cows love a dry bumming 🤣

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2mrw

@Nonstop-Madness said:

You'll still be paying $70 for a lot of games on Xbox regardless of what you think of PlayStation's pricing model.

And honestly, if Sony is "losing you" because of $10 upgrades then should they really care? You clearly aren't a spender or, a big fan of their games. Otherwise, you'd see the value they're offering and pay up if you really want it that bad.

You just sound bitter because they treat you like a customer and not some golden child that needs free things.

Some of us don't like getting milked

Fact that you agree to pay more for essentially the same thing that other companies offer tells a lot about your IQ

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Have fun paying for trash pass for the rest of your gaming life to keep any gaming library. I'll be pick and choosing what I need digitally and never pay a fee to access my games.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 2mrw
@my_user_name said:

I bought HZD complete edition (new) for $20 in 2018.... for some reason I don't expect to be able to do the same with Forbidden West in 2023. I have a feeling "bargain bin" prices are going to be higher then what they used to be.

I'm sure it'll be discounted before BotW though.

Time will only tell.

I think eventually they will be forced to change their pricing strategy as game pass keeps getting more ground.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6206 Posts

I think this is one of 2 best options.

Its obvious all games are heading to PC and more than likely sooner rather than later. Microsoft already doing it and Sony recent purchases are evident they would like to expediate the process.

For me its either

Get a PC and access all games when they come to it

or

Buy a Xbox with GamePass, with maybe the odd game needing to be purchased.

and a PS5 for Exclusives.

It will probably cost about the same in normal times but the inflated costs of PC makes it less attractive. Which is why I have PS5 and series X at the moment.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 2mrw
@zerothehero said:

Have fun paying for trash pass for the rest of your gaming life to keep any gaming library. I'll be pick and choosing what I need digitally and never pay a fee to access my games.

You are paying a fee regardless!

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZeroTheHero

@SolidGame_basic:

@Pedro said:

Solid and other system warriors do you believe Pedro has a Sony connection and gets all his games 40 dollars off? Why is connection not giving him free games where does the 40 dollar discount come from ive never seen or ever heard of anything like this. THis guy might be lying about owning ps5 lying about the discount, or lying about buying the games in general. System wars what you think about pedros 40 dollar discounted ps5 games just a way for him to look good and not pay full price like he said was a mistake so he made this up or what?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2mrw

@gym_lion said:

Saw this earlier.

very dodgy

Sony can't be more anti consumer at the moment

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

Keep your head on a swivel TC, the bovine brigade does't fight fair...

lol :P

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ZeroTheHero
@2mrw said:
@zerothehero said:

Bro I buy games on discount and don't buy a ton of games every month. Difference is if I stop buying games I still have all my old ones you won't have shit

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@zerothehero said:
@2mrw said:
@zerothehero said:

Bro I buy games on discount and don't buy a ton of games every month. Difference is if I stop buying games I still have all my old ones you won't have shit

keep playing your old ass games again and again for the rest of your gaming career. This is why remasters and remakes sell so well on the cowstation. Sony knows what its fans want.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44553 Posts

I’ll get an Xbox Series X and use it as my main platform for Microsoft games and multi platform games. Game Pass is definitely awesome and certainly allows for me to try out more games and can be very cost efficient.

I’ll get a PS5 for Sony games. There’s a good number that I don’t mind paying full price for but hey if I can get them later for cheaper then that’s certainly just fine by me. 😁

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#37 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

I probably just wait for Sony to drop their first party games to $40.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

With all the hype and money spent on scalped consoles, the cows should have no problem spending full price $70 on games.

I thought no way in hell the ps5 would outsell the xbox 2:1, but now I'm not sure. There are a bunch of crazies out there. Not just crazies but pure dumb people. It's always been the case, just look at the ponzi bitcoin scam, and the die hard Apple cult. These are just the new religions of the modern times.

I guess not all cows are dumb though. When a console like the xbox is being offered, that's more powerful, cheaper, has a much better service with much cheaper games, why the heck would you go and buy the ps5??

I expect more and more people to figure it out though and make the switch.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

Welcome to the Xbox family!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7289 Posts

I went the other way a series s for gamepass and the ps5 for everything else.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blaznwiipspman1

@TheEroica: it just means, the games been around the block, passed around between a couple of greasy fingered guys before finally landing on your lap for $20.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Silentchief  Online
Member since 2021 • 7068 Posts

@davillain said:

@vatususreturns said:

You say that yet the 360 sold around 83 million consoles vs the Xbox one which only sold like 50 million. Im a long time Playstation fan and dependping on how Sony handles their exclusives i may dump the PS platform. Many people will do the same.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70414 Posts
@zerothehero said:

@SolidGame_basic:

@Pedro said:

Solid and other system warriors do you believe Pedro has a Sony connection and gets all his games 40 dollars off? Why is connection not giving him free games where does the 40 dollar discount come from ive never seen or ever heard of anything like this. THis guy might be lying about owning ps5 lying about the discount, or lying about buying the games in general. System wars what you think about pedros 40 dollar discounted ps5 games just a way for him to look good and not pay full price like he said was a mistake so he made this up or what?

Translation

It is $50 off since I pay $30 for the Deluxe.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44553 Posts

@Pedro: I love it! 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Lems the biggest clowns out the three by a country mile.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@gym_lion said:

Saw this earlier.

Imagine charging £10 extra for what would be simply "higher settings" on a PC game.

Compared to what MS are doing with Gamepass, Smart Delivery and game saves easily moving between devices, Sony is in straight arrogant mode right now.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

You could sell your PS5 now, doesn't affect anyone here.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

From a financial standpoint that does make a lot of sense. Gamepass is pretty great at delivering games to you, MS games day 1 and a bunch of other multiplats whenever. The PS5 is great too though for its exclusives so I do think it is good to have both consoles (and to be fair both combined are still cheaper than a smartphone...). In terms of buying used games I don't know how I feel about that, personallywould not do that for two reasons a) developer kind of gets screwed over so if it's a good game I would want to support the dev, b) never liked buying used stuff seems weird to me tbh

Until recently I will admit my PS5 was essentially gathering dust (at least compared to PC and XSX) but with the release of the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves and Horizon FW that has completely changed, PS5 is getting tons of use lately.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Get a PC for Game Pass and patiently wait for Sony to port their exclusives to Steam.

This is the way.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blaznwiipspman1

@theam0g: don't forget #3 of the pc gamers way: pirate nintendo games.