I was going to buy FFType-0 and to enjoy FFXV Demo but. . .

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

After waiting so many years to for both Agito XIII and Versus XIII *sigh*. I kinda don't care anymore lol. They're probably the first best JRPG experiences Square probably will put out in ages, but the anticipation really killed me. Plus I am afraid Type-0 will be another fail or a Final Fantasy that's not a Final Fantasy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well, considering Type-0 actually has a world map and stuff, in my opinion as an oldschool fan of the series, it's the first FF in a long time to actually be an FF. The demo is just a bonus.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Young_Charter
@Shewgenja said:

Well, considering Type-0 actually has a world map and stuff, in my opinion as an oldschool fan of the series, it's the first FF in a long time to actually be an FF. The demo is just a bonus.

I don't blame you for that. It's just I am really afraid to spend 60.00 on that game right now. I am excited I can finally check out XV for myself, but these days 60.00 can't thrown around so easily for me.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shewgenja

@Young_Charter said:
@Shewgenja said:

I don't blame you for that. It's just I am really afraid to spend 60.00 on that game right now. I am excited I can finally check out XV for myself, but these days 60.00 can't thrown around so easily for me.

Check out the reviews for Type-0. Never buy a game you don't really want just for a demo.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Shewgenja:

I had no idea there was a world map, so that's awesome to hear. Thanks for that bit of info, can't wait to dive in on Tuesday.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shewgenja

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@Shewgenja:

I had no idea there was a world map, so that's awesome to hear. Thanks for that bit of info, can't wait to dive in on Tuesday.

Yeah, the only negative thing I've heard about this game is that the control scheme is pretty retro because of the original platform. That's not a negative to me, so much, as I still love to play FF games on my old consoles.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

FF Type-O looks way overpriced for a (psp) remaster.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@Shewgenja:

Yeah, the only negative thing I've heard about this game is that the control scheme is pretty retro because of the original platform. That's not a negative to me, so much, as I still love to play FF games on my old consoles.

If anything, that's a positive, imo.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Young_Charter said:
@Shewgenja said:

why don't you wait for reviews of the game and inform yourself better? Buying games day one is a bet, while there are factors like past games and the developer history don't buy day one games if you are not really ready to the possibility of losing those $60, instead wait for a couple of days and you will get all the info you need.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Wait for the reviews. Also, check out some gameplay videos after release. From the videos of it I've seen the graphics look really, really bad it looks like a PS2 game released on PS4.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Young_Charter

@ninjapirate2000: @blueinheaven: @Krelian-co: You all have good points. I guess I will just pre order it from Gamestop and reserve the copy ahead of time and wait a bit until I see some reviews. I will also wait to see if any ebay sellers get their hands on FFXV codes.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja
@Young_Charter said:

@ninjapirate2000: @blueinheaven: @Krelian-co: You all have good points. I guess I will just pre order it from Gamestop and reserve the copy ahead of time and wait a bit until I see some reviews. I will also wait to see if any ebay sellers get their hands on FFXV codes.

For a basic rundown of what to expect, scroll down halfway and watch the vid here.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-collectors-edition/119273

If you're still not convinced and don't mind a couple of brits being goofy, this one is a little meatier.

Loading Video...

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah I'm a big fan of the older FF games but like many others I lost interest since FFX I think, and looking at the FF0 trailer does nothing for me, game looks very outdated and the story hasn't peeked my interest. My tastes might have changed since playing numerous Wrpgs in the past years, but will keep an open mind when the game releases, will watch a few streams to see how it plays. I'm more interested in how FF15 will turn out.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have no interest in Type-0 and very little interest in FFXV. Final Fantasy just doesn't excite me anymore like it used to. FFXIII left such a sour taste in my mouth especially after all the waiting and anticipation I went through. I think FFXV will be better, but I'm just not hyped for it at all.

Avatar image for dr_mindbender12
dr_mindbender12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 dr_mindbender12
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts
Loading Video...

This new gameplay trailer really got me interested in the game way more than the previous trailers. And there's no spoilers in this one.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Everyone that played FFXV on Pax was blown away. And the battle system is still not even finished yet.

I believe FFXV will be an incredible game.

Type-0 on the other hand is ass. Pretty sure the game will be received with mixed reaction. And mixed reaction by gaming standards means awful.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

[...] it looks like a PS2 game released on PS4.

It's a PSP game that's been upscaled to HD resolutions. Of course it's not going to have amazing graphics.

This is like complaining that the Wii U digital Metroid Prime Trilogy's versions of Prime and Echoes look like Gamecube games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Final Fantasy 14 is the last bastion of Final Fantasy..... people are too blind to accept it though because it's an MMO.....

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blueinheaven

@foxhound_fox said:

@blueinheaven said:

It's a PSP game that's been upscaled to HD resolutions. Of course it's not going to have amazing graphics.

This is like complaining that the Wii U digital Metroid Prime Trilogy's versions of Prime and Echoes look like Gamecube games.

I'm really not complaining about it, I have already decided not to buy it because the graphics look pants. I was just making sure the OP knew what to expect.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shewgenja

@blueinheaven said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@blueinheaven said:

I'm really not complaining about it, I have already decided not to buy it because the graphics look pants. I was just making sure the OP knew what to expect.

I remember a golden age when Final Fantasy wasn't all about graphics. Oh, you post- FFVII neophytes. Thanks for shitting all over a fantastic game series. They had to cut so many great things out to make room for cutscenes and make sure you're always coddled with eye candy at every point in the game.

Thankfully, it looks like FFXV can get back to giving both fanbases what they want to some degree.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blueinheaven

@Shewgenja said:

@blueinheaven said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@blueinheaven said:

I remember a golden age when Final Fantasy wasn't all about graphics. Oh, you post- FFVII neophytes. Thanks for shitting all over a fantastic game series. They had to cut so many great things out to make room for cutscenes and make sure you're always coddled with eye candy at every point in the game.

Thankfully, it looks like FFXV can get back to giving both fanbases what they want to some degree.

It's not JUST about graphics. The combat looks completely frenetic almost to the point of being mindless and that doesn't interest me at all. Actually if it was turn based I'd give it a shot despite the graphics. FF fans aren't just all about the graphics though really a game that looks THAT bad on PS4 has to have something seriously strong going for it in terms of gameplay and from the gameplay videos I've seen it has zilch.

Maybe all the reviews will prove me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja

@blueinheaven said:

It's not JUST about graphics. The combat looks completely frenetic almost to the point of being mindless and that doesn't interest me at all. Actually if it was turn based I'd give it a shot despite the graphics. FF fans aren't just all about the graphics though really a game that looks THAT bad on PS4 has to have something seriously strong going for it in terms of gameplay and from the gameplay videos I've seen it has zilch.

Maybe all the reviews will prove me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Fair enough, then. The combat does look pretty wild. I can understand that criticism completely.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I pre-ordered it from Walmart for $40 when it was that price so I don't have any problems.

Hell, I'm not even paying for the demo to be honest. I'll download the demo after playing the game for a while (besides, the day it comes out, I predict PSN will crash).

And yeah, I know what you mean. It's been a loooooooong friggin' time. I remember when these games were Agito XIII and Versus XIII as well but I'm just happy they're here finally. I'm keeping my expectations low though so I'm not soul-crushingly disappointed (which is sad because 4 years ago, I would have been drooling over it; now, I'm more of less thinking, "Cool. I'll play it. Hope it's good.")

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@dr_mindbender12: Looks awesome, but I really, REALLY hate the design for Bahamut. Ugh

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

I'll probably snag it up sometime in may or the summer. Getting Xenoblade Chornicles New 3DS in early next month and already half way through LoZ twilight princess , so I'm planning on finish those before I get to another game anyway. I'm seriously thinking about just getting xenoblade and not get any games for like a year so I can actually finish my games backlog lol. And then just buy games as I finish them , not really worried about being a collector and more in it for the experience myself.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Also, apparently the FFXV demo is 720p/30 FPS

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

Also, apparently the FFXV demo is 720p/30 FPS

Not really surprising. Better to release a working demo than have the frame rate drop constantly.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

Type 0 is a very good game, other than for the fact that it's way too much of a grindfest for my taste, at least going by the PSP original. Around 14 characters, you can have only three of them out at once, and they each gain experience individually. The kicker here is that different points of the story will ensure that you need particular characters to progress, so you need to keep all of them levelled up. If you have enough time to invest in that, though, it's sure to be a great experience. Intriguing story and characters, good music, the Final Fantasy hallmarks.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Young_Charter
@starjet905 said:

Type 0 is a very good game, other than for the fact that it's way too much of a grindfest for my taste, at least going by the PSP original. Around 14 characters, you can have only three of them out at once, and they each gain experience individually. The kicker here is that different points of the story will ensure that you need particular characters to progress, so you need to keep all of them levelled up. If you have enough time to invest in that, though, it's sure to be a great experience. Intriguing story and characters, good music, the Final Fantasy hallmarks.

That does indeed sound quite time consuming.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

@starjet905 said:

That does indeed sound quite time consuming.

well to be fair. leveling is fairly quick. in the world map when you encounter an enemy theres a high probability you will get a chain of enemies after defeating the initial set that you first encountered. Makes grinding fairly quicker.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@princeofshapeir: 30 fps with plenty of dips yeah. The demo has a ton of slowdown at random times.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The FF15 demo was amazing and Type-0 I've been waiting to come state side since it was released in JP only. I've put about 8 hours into Type-0 and it's easily in my top 5 fav FF games behind FF6, FF12, FFARR and FF9 (I see FF15 taking FF9 spot in my top 5).

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Why not just buy the demo off ebay?

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: Type 0 is a good game believe it or not. I know what you mean though.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Young_Charter
@JangoWuzHere said:

it's about 35.00

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

It's too sexist.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#37  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

The FF15 demo was amazing and Type-0 I've been waiting to come state side since it was released in JP only. I've put about 8 hours into Type-0 and it's easily in my top 5 fav FF games behind FF6, FF12, FFARR and FF9 (I see FF15 taking FF9 spot in my top 5).

Damn, that's high praise.I just started the game, not very far in, but there's a lot to like with it. I'm really looking forward to continuing it. Also, Remote Play with the game works like a dream. Who would have guessed! :P

FFXV: Episode Duscae was awesome. There are a lot of kinks that I hope they work out, primarily with the combat, but it was wonderful actually playing the game and I like the direction this Final Fantasy is taking.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

@Young_Charter said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

it's about 35.00

Never would have guessed MGS Ground Zeroes was cheap.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#40 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Young_Charter: i am just going to wait and see

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#41 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@blueinheaven said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@blueinheaven said:

I have already decided not to buy it because the graphics look pants

Please tell me you're not serious...you're not buying a game because the graphics aren't good enough?

The man spent $1000 on a new console, nice graphics should be expected.

No, a fucking, fucking right.