I think Warhawk deserves a little appreciation. (56k)

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts

Noone has talked about it on here, so I thought id give it some kudos. It's an outstanding online game of which I think rivals the current console greatest online hits. It's like Battlefield 2, but more fast paced and without the proning problems. Everything you use in warhawk is eqaully balanced towards other weapons which is a hard feat to accomplish in online multiplayer games. (Coughgearsofwarshotgun,resistancesshotgun,etc)

I have never played an online game with as much statistic depth as this, I mean you can see everything from miles flown/walked/driven, to individual weapon stats, to charts that show your progression in different fields over time. Warhawk has a in-game clan system as well, with an individual message board. You can't rule out the outstanding continued support from the developers. So far there has been 2 booster packs, with one on the way. Not to mention the 2 new game mods and items released for free.

So if you don't like reading too much, this is a run down on why Warhawk is such a bad*** online game.

• Fast paced Battlefield 2 type game
  • $30!!!
  • Well balanced out weapon system
  • Continued dev support
  • Amazingly in-depth stats page
  • The "jump right in" online splitscreen capabilities. Literally its "jump right in", you just have to press the ps button on another controller and your instantly in the game with the screen split.
  • $30!!!!! lol
  • An actual in-game clan system
  • Uses a lobby system, where you select the matches you want to join. (also has a basic matchmaking system)
  • Loads of customization options for players, and warhawks
  • There are still loads of people who play this, so there are plenty of 32 player battle goodness.
  • Did I mention it is only $30?

Yeah, it's just awsome. NOW APPRECIATE NUBS. lol

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

Noone has talked about it on here

Logan832
Maybe because the game is roughly 1 year old at this point. Warhawk had a lot of buzz last year.
Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Logan832
[QUOTE="Logan832"]

whocares4peace

Maybe because the game is roughly 1 year old at this point. Warhawk had a lot of buzz last year.

Well im just saying it should be a competitor when it comes to the current online great hits. Such as COD4, or Halo 3.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
[QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

Logan832

Well im just saying it should be a competitor when it comes to the current online great hits. Such as COD4, or Halo 3.

yeah a lot of people play this game. I mean a lot!

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
I am Storm_Marine-Warhawk 1st Lieutenant, and I officially endorse this thread. :)
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
I'm surprised on how many people still play Warhawk. HUGE community still.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
i still play it almost every night. its so much fun, and the fact that we are still getting big updates for it makes me very happy. but im sorry to say the game will mean next to nothing to me once socom hits
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
Warhawks are the best vehicle made then gen and the game is good fun, also it looks great with 4xAA.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
the game is awesome...and theres a bunch of peope playing.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I've always thought about it, but it never swayed me enough to buy it.
Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Logan832

They lowered the price to $30, if that matters at all. Pretty cheap if you ask me =D

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Crashes after every game i get into, that holds me back a bit.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
[QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

Logan832

Too bad its an online only game on a system with mediocre online.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
[QUOTE="Logan832"][QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

L1qu1dSword

Its the same as 360 only nobody talks :? how's it mediocre?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Logan832"][QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

clembo1990

lol its the same. you obviuosly have NOOOO idea.

Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Broman6015

L1qu1dSword

Hey your that guy who made that bet right? And didnt live up to it?

Anyways...how does this affect the gameplay of Warhawk at all?

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
one thing REALLY SUCKS about it is the host being in charge of the room(just like all online games these days), what ever happend to the good old days when if you had a bad player on your team, your TEAM had to VOTE him out, not let the host kick out anyone he wants. i hate being on a killing streak and the one person im killing the most is the host, so they boot me. when im the host i never boot a person for being better than me
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Yeah, Warhawk is a great game, and highly addictive.

Unfortunately I never got around to downloading the expansions, I need to though. I still play the original every now and then, but last year I was really buzzing about the game. As a matter of fact.. I think the game will be a year old at the end of this month.

I remember an article this time last year trying to help you decide whether or not to pick up Lair or Warhawk that week. LMAO!

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Logan832"][QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

Broman6015

Better question would be how does that bet in any way affect( or even relate to ) what we are talking about?

I'd say the quality of an online service would have sooooome impact on an online only game. Just guessing on that one but it sounds good :)

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
War Hawks great fun still struggling with the warhawks i'll stick to the ground fighting lol
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 L1qu1dSword

Yeah, Warhawk is a great game, and highly addictive.

Unfortunately I never got around to downloading the expansions, I need to though. I still play the original every now and then, but last year I was really buzzing about the game. As a matter of fact.. I think the game will be a year old at the end of this month.

I remember an article this time last year trying to help you decide whether or not to pick up Lair or Warhawk that week. LMAO!

carljohnson3456

In hindsight the choice is obvious. Get neither, trade in PS3, and get 360.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Warhawk is sick , perhaps the sickest of the sickest games available anywhere. Sick , sick , sick.

Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Broman6015
[QUOTE="Broman6015"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Logan832"][QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

L1qu1dSword

Better question would be how does that bet in any way affect( or even relate to ) what we are talking about?

I'd say the quality of an online service would have sooooome impact on an online only game. Just guessing on that one but it sounds good :)

Well dedicated servers, crazy in depth online stats, and a 32 player, well balanced game make Warhawk fantastic despite PSN shortcomings. How exactly would XBL help this game? Mics? Maybe...but thats hardly a feature people go crazy about...

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 carljohnson3456

L1qu1dSword

Hm so apparently you dont know that the PSN isnt that bad and the dedicated servers used by Warhawk make for a perfectly fun online experince?

People act like playing online has become something more than playing online. It hasnt. The PSN is just fine and Warhawk is a great game, and the fact you are trying to throw the "XBOX LIVE trumps PSN" card out there shows just how little you know about the PSN.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

Broman6015

Yup, Here's one of his other posts as well... :lol:

LOL mgs will be lucky to get 9.0

10.0 lol..... want to put money on that?

I think NG2 has a better chance then MGS. GTA will be awesome and stands SOME chance.

L1qu1dSword

If he tries to lie, Here's the link. Just scroll down the page and you'll see.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26324427

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Logan832
No fanboys... -.-
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 carljohnson3456
Yup, Here's one of his other posts as well... :lol:

[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

I think NG2 has a better chance then MGS. GTA will be awesome and stands SOME chance.

sam280992

Worst part of it is he was just in another thread saying MGS4 was really an 8.5 "tops"!!! :lol:

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
[QUOTE="sam280992"]Yup, Here's one of his other posts as well... :lol:

[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

carljohnson3456

Worst part of it is he was just in another thread saying MGS4 was really an 8.5 "tops"!!! :lol:

He's such a little comedian. :lol:

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]Better question would be how does that bet in any way affect( or even relate to ) what we are talking about?

carljohnson3456

Hm so apparently you dont know that the PSN isnt that bad and the dedicated servers used by Warhawk make for a perfectly fun online experince?

People act like playing online has become something more than playing online. It hasnt. The PSN is just fine and Warhawk is a great game, and the fact you are trying to throw the "XBOX LIVE trumps PSN" card out there shows just how little you know about the PSN.

The fact that PSN still isn't in the same league as Live 18 months after the PS3 came out is a little sad.

You can go on about how PSN is fine for online all you want ,but lets be honest, cows are settling for second best again.

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
Still love Warhawk. What a wicked MP game.
excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]Better question would be how does that bet in any way affect( or even relate to ) what we are talking about?

GabeNewellsPie

The fact that PSN still isn't in the same league as Live 18 months after the PS3 came out is a little sad.

You can go on about how PSN is fine for online all you want ,but lets be honest, cows are settling for second best again.

It's funny how the 360 has been out for like 5 years and still has horrible hardware problems.

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GabeNewellsPie
[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]Better question would be how does that bet in any way affect( or even relate to ) what we are talking about?

excelR83

It's funny how the 360 has been out for like 5 years and still has horrible hardware problems.

LMAO.Had to bring up something completely irrelevant to the topic,to try and conceal the PS3's substandard online service.

Go cows. :lol:

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]Better question would be how does that bet in any way affect( or even relate to ) what we are talking about?

GabeNewellsPie

You do realize that Live has been out for what, 5 or 6 years? PSN has been around for 18 months? Sony obviously isnt a software company, the same way Microsoft obviously isnt a hardware company.

Sure the PSN is "second best" to XBL but it's free and pretty functional. I have both, and I can tell you the PSN pretty much meets all my needs. No it's not as functional as Live, but it's good enough for me everything I do. The one feature I want the PSN to get now is game-invites, the way you can invite someone straight from their dashboard into your game on the 360 is the best feature for LIVE in my opinion, lol.

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GabeNewellsPie

Sure the PSN is "second best" to XBL but it's free and pretty functional. carljohnson3456

LMAO.Sony hyped the PS3 to high heaven,how it was going to be the most advanced console on the market,and 18 months down the line all it can come up with is an online service thats "pretty functional"?

One word: Unsatisfactory.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

Sure the PSN is "second best" to XBL but it's free and pretty functional. GabeNewellsPie

LMAO.Sony hyped the PS3 to high heaven,how it was going to be the most advanced console on the market,and 18 months down the line all it can come up with is an online service thats "pretty functional"?

Ok first we can have just a normal discussion without "LMAO" at other comments?

I'm not claiming Sony was right to hype the PS3 to the high heavens. All I'm saying is the PSN is a pretty functional (and I said "pretty functional" because "fully functional" would probably be an exaggeration) and it's free. It's free. It's free.

Online play is just as solid on PSN as it is Xbox Live. I've never really noticed more lag on one service than the other. The only advantage Xbox Live has over the PSN is bells and whistles that some of us never even noticed. I never once noticed "true skill matchmaking" or whatever. Dont get me wrong, Xbox Live is the better service, but it costs $50 bucks so it better be. I love cross game voice chat, game invites, and sending voice messages. It's great. But dont pretend like Warhawk is limited by the PSN because it's a great game and easily one of the best multiplayer titles out now.

Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Broman6015

Sure the PSN is "second best" to XBL but it's free and pretty functional. GabeNewellsPie

right because xbl became what it is today overnight...

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Logan832
Err... What are you guys doing here? Go whine to eachother somewhere else.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Ive had great fun with Warhawk, but for some reason i just cant get into it. I always find myself going back to COD4/BF2
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
i was thinking of getting it but im a social gamer. Do people talk at all on psn compared to xbl. Cuz i would have to buy a mic for an online game such as this. looks fun.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 carljohnson3456

Err... What are you guys doing here? Go whine to eachother somewhere else.Logan832

I love how when someone isnt even a part of the discussion they jump and say, "ohhh go whine somewhere else" or "get a life guys".

That's what this board is about, discussion. You dont see me whining do you?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

LOL, 360 only gives a few more chat features + you pay for it.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
I still play this now and then :) though i wish they would make some DLC free now.
-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -hells-
Member since 2008 • 1027 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Logan832"][QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="Logan832"]

L1qu1dSword

lol its the same. you obviuosly have NOOOO idea.

L1qu1dSword

Why are you still on these forums????

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Its good... but.

There are way to many down-loadable packs for it on PSN that require micro-transactions.

My reaction was, when I was thinking of PS3 games to buy

"Oh Warhawk is fun from what I have played, I wonder what its downloadables are like"

*checks PS Store Page, sees +$33 of expansions*

".....hmmm perhaps its a bit too expensive"

*buys MotorStorm*

Because its a multiplayer only game I cant help but feel if I buy the vanialla game im going to be denied half the experience, until I buy all these extra expansions - so I can actually play with the community.

That annoys the hell out of me.

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
I am Storm_Marine-Warhawk 1st Lieutenant, and I officially endorse this thread. :)Storm_Marine
yeah me too .
Avatar image for ThaGreatness007
ThaGreatness007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ThaGreatness007
Member since 2008 • 535 Posts
Yup i still play this game and got my friend addicted to it.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#47 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
one of the best online multiplayers, phenomenal game
SageJMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SageJMP
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts

Its good... but.

There are way to many down-loadable packs for it on PSN that require micro-transactions.

skrat_01

There are two and only two downloadable packs, which include a new map and a new vehicle each, how is that "way too many"???

Also you don't have to buy them, there are plenty of servers running non-expansion. Actually, a majority of servers are running non-expansion. So where are these "required" micro-transactions you are talking about?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Its good... but.

SageJMP

There are two, that is right, only two downloadable packs, which include a new map and a new vehicle each, how is that "way too many"???

Also you don't have to buy them, there are plenty of servers running non-expansion. Actually, a majority of servers are running non-expansion. So where are these "required" micro-transactions you are talking about?

Really?

From what I have spied there are more than two downloadable packs, ill check right now....

Im just worried that ill have to purchase them in order to play with the community, I dont see why these coudlent be updates for the community, to increase it, rather than priced addons (which seems like all the rage on the console platforms).

If most servers only go by non expansion, then i'd defitnaly consider buying it as I have enjoyed playing the game, even if TF2 is eating up alot of my time.

*edit*

3 Downloadable Packs, a total of $33.

As I said, that really put me off buying the game.

fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts
I bought the game last week after the price drop. It can be overwhelming for a beginner at first but I'm loving it so far.