I Think The Wii Has The Most Potential.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

duality747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 duality747
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

There is so much that can and will be done with the wii-mote...

Sports games will be amazing eventually, shooting games will get much better, racing games will control awsome an there are so many different possibilities that will be awsome. The graphics are acceptable yet definately not as good as 360 or PS3 but the games will be amazing in time to come...

Once the wii-mote is really utilised well the will will pull even futher away from the competition.

PS: I dont even have a Wii yet because games like zelda dont interest me at all, I only have a 360 and might get a PS3 eventually if it catches up to 360. Im a manticore, let me just also say this is all opinion.

karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts

Wow, this post is...refreshing.

A poster without bias. 

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Ragnarok1051

And cows doesn't make fun of anyone right ? :roll:
Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts
Some genres will be better on the Wii than on other consoler, and vice versa.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

I'd like the wiimote to be as awesome as I imagined, but looking at what developers have currently done w/ it (including nintendo), I just don't see much hope for it from the eyes of a hardcore gamer.

So far to me the wiimote hasn't really used motion sensing, it's just instead of pushing a button your making a motion.  I figured it would be so much more advanced than this.   Take wii tennis for example, I expected wii's to mimick your arm speed, direction, angle to some degree, but no you just flick your wrist and it's the same as taking a full swing.

In the eyes of a casual gamer it's loads of fun, since there's really not much skill involved, but I think hardcore gamers that want progressive skill sets it's going to get pretty boring pretty quickly.

I hope I'm wrong about this and developers start really using the wiimote in a deeper fashion, but I don't see it happening since it didn't occur w/ one single wii title yet. 

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts

So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Ragnarok1051

cos thats their only excuse.

karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karicha9

I'd like the wiimote to be as awesome as I imagined, but looking at what developers have currently done w/ it (including nintendo), I just don't see much hope for it from the eyes of a hardcore gamer.

So far to me the wiimote hasn't really used motion sensing, it's just instead of pushing a button your making a motion. I figured it would be so much more advanced than this. Take wii tennis for example, I expected wii's to mimick your arm speed, direction, angle to some degree, but no you just flick your wrist and it's the same as taking a full swing.

In the eyes of a casual gamer it's loads of fun, since there's really not much skill involved, but I think hardcore gamers that want progressive skill sets it's going to get pretty boring pretty quickly.

I hope I'm wrong about this and developers start really using the wiimote in a deeper fashion, but I don't see it happening since it didn't occur w/ one single wii title yet.

jrhawk42

If you don't think there's skill involved with the Wiimote and Wii games so far, you haven't played long enough.  It takes skill to serve hard in Wii tennis, not to mention put spin on the ball.

There's progression with the controls in nearly every game.  The hardcore gamer finds the motivation for mastery. 

Iorning_board

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Iorning_board
Member since 2005 • 1853 Posts
Wii needs MP3 to put FPS devs on the right track and a good RTS, I beleive that thats where its "Hardcore" potential lies.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?venture00

Yeah and lemmings are Mother Teresa, get over yourself.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?reyad-u

Looking at the Wii right now, its about its only excuse right now too.

duality747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 duality747
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

Exactly correct, My thoughts in a nutshell. The thing is i believe they will eventually utilise the wiimote for things like that, in a golf game you will eventually swing how you would on the links and a suttle twist of the wrist will send the ball hooking and slicing in every direction. We have already seen a glimpse of this in bowling, somewhat in red steels sword fighting scenes and im sure this will be used to come.

Currently developers are just cashing in on wiis sucess. soon sales will slow down and devs will get down to actually using the wiimote how it can be used and not just slappig on controls for a quick buck.

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 venture00

[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Ragnarok1051

Its system wars don't come here if u don't like to see ''X'' console bashing..
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 karicha9
[QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Ragnarok1051

No, there's a difference between, "oh, just wait till spring launch.  It's gonna be sweet!....damn...ok, well, just wait till E3...damn...ok, well just wait till fall launch!  Oh, that's unfortunate.  Well, just keep waiting!"  and what sheep do.

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

So far to me the wiimote hasn't really used motion sensing, it's just instead of pushing a button your making a motion. I figured it would be so much more advanced than this. Take wii tennis for example, I expected wii's to mimick your arm speed, direction, angle to some degree, but no you just flick your wrist and it's the same as taking a full swing.

jrhawk42

Just because you can get by with wrist movements doesn't make it any less involving.  Wii tennis and bowling are insanely complex when you get really good at them and start to learn the subtleties of the movements.

Also, give Excite Truck or SSX Blur a try.  They both take a little getting used to, but defenitely use motion to improve the game, especially Excite Truck.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?venture00

Bet if the 360 was being bashed you would run here crying trying to make it seem better.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

i think there is enough proof wii has made a its mark now lets see what sony can come up with

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
I wouldn't say it has the most. But, as of right now, considering what we have had every single generation...... It's definitely the potential I'm most looking forward to see flourishing.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reyad-u
[QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Ragnarok1051

your getting over protective mate. not a good sign.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="reyad-u"]

Yes, but there is a good excuse as to why you should wait.  Nintendo's intense secrecy surrounding the release of the Wii meant that 3rd party developers were caught off guard.  It takes six months AT LEAST to make a decent game from the ground up.  So yes, there is a good reason to wait.  For the PS3, however, there is no "just wait, because..."  We are told "just wait". 

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 venture00
[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Ragnarok1051

Bet if the 360 was being bashed you would run here crying trying to make it seem better.

No i never make threads bashing other system or defending it.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?reyad-u

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against the Wii, but when cows get ridiculed for waiting the sheep don't. How long did the sheep have to wait until SPM? Cows had pretty decent games, but from what I see sheep need to wait every 3-4 months for a decent game. Thats just my opinion, guess I just don't like the games that are coming out for it.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tylendal
[QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against the Wii, but when cows get ridiculed for waiting the sheep don't. How long did the sheep have to wait until SPM? Cows had pretty decent games, but from what I see sheep need to wait every 3-4 months for a decent game. Thats just my opinion, guess I just don't like the games that are coming out for it.

Like I said before, Sheep have a good reason to wait, Cows don't. 

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. .
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 venture00
accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . JPOBS

wow nice logic sectoid :roll:
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . JPOBS

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight 

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 reyad-u

tell me did that stop the PS2? afterall it was the wakest. dont bother saying that it wasnt that weak compared to the compitition because no matter how you many excuses a person make the PS2 was the weakest console last gen but it was the strongest game wise. power doesnt mean it lacks potential it just means it wont be able to do the same thing on the same scale.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Tylendal

What do you mean the cows don't have a good reason to wait? The line up for the PS3 is awesome, so is the Wii if you like 1st party games.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

What do you mean the cows don't have a good reason to wait? The line up for the PS3 is awesome, so is the Wii if you like 1st party games.

Okay, what exactly are the Cows waiting for, that has been promised, and will greatly improve the system?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?Tylendal

Okay, what exactly are the Cows waiting for, that has been promised, and will greatly improve the system?

MGS4, Lair, HS, K2, just to name a few.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]So basically you are saying that you have to wait for these things to come to the Wii? Why do people make fun of cows having to wait?venture00

right, but you making fun of pS3 fans that other fans are doing. Waiting...Mass Effect, Bioshocked, Blue Dragon. We all waiting for games. 

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JPOBS

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . venture00

wow nice logic sectoid :roll:

:lol: i dotn believe you just judged me on my level :lol:

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JPOBS

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . reyad-u

tell me did that stop the PS2? afterall it was the wakest. dont bother saying that it wasnt that weak compared to the compitition because no matter how you many excuses a person make the PS2 was the weakest console last gen but it was the strongest game wise. power doesnt mean it lacks potential it just means it wont be able to do the same thing on the same scale.

but thats exaclt right. You made my arguement for me.
dilmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dilmos
Member since 2006 • 763 Posts

Please..... get your facts straight.

At least if you have to jump in and bash the Wii, at lease use the words graphics or nongamers.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

And those four games are going to make up for the PS3's abysmal sales? :roll:  The Wii is already selling great, and 3rd parties are jumping on board.  The only  problem is, that games for it are seriously rushed, so they're of poor quality.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JPOBS

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . dilmos

Please..... get your facts straight.

At least if you have to jump in and bash the Wii, at lease use the words graphics or nongamers.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

And those four games are going to make up for the PS3's abysmal sales? :roll:  The Wii is already selling great, and 3rd parties are jumping on board.  The only  problem is, that games for it are seriously rushed, so they're of poor quality.

Yes where have you been? These are some of the biggest games this year for the system. These are the games people are waiting for to come out. The Wii may be selling great but they only have 2-3 games that are worthwile.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 reyad-u
[QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . JPOBS

ok so you want to argue from that point of view right? the wii is extremely weak compared to 360/PS2 right and the PS2 wasnt that weak compared to the xbo/cube.

what your saying is that because the wii is extremely weak compared to the consoles in its gen it has the least potential so by that logic the PS2's potential should have have been slightly smaller but look what happened. 

the PS2 had most of the best games of last gen.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="reyad-u"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]accually, the wii has the least potential because of its hardware weaknesses. . reyad-u

ok so you want to argue from that point of view right? the wii is extremely weak compared to 360/PS2 right and the PS2 wasnt that weak compared to the xbo/cube.

what your saying is that because the wii is extremely weak compared to the consoles in its gen it has the least potential so by that logic the PS2's potential should have have been slightly smaller but look what happened.

the PS2 had most of the best games of last gen.

The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. JPOBS

The Wii makes up for that by being the cheapest out of the gate.  And by FAR the easiest/quickest to develop for.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JPOBS

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. Jandurin

The Wii makes up for that by being the cheapest out of the gate. And by FAR the easiest/quickest to develop for.

indeed, but that has nothing to do with its potential.
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts

Dead right. It has the potential to be amazing. Now I just want to see someone make use of it.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StealthSting
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. JPOBS

The Wii makes up for that by being the cheapest out of the gate. And by FAR the easiest/quickest to develop for.

I have to disagree with that. The high development costs for example, won't be standing in the way of high levels of risk the developers could take with the console. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. StealthSting

I have to disagree with that. The high development costs for example, won't be standing in the way of high levels of risk the developers could take with the console. 

Yep.  Cheapest means it doesn't hurt the soul to pick it up at the store (so, there's a user base), and easiest to develop for means more unique games (lower risk), and a more consistent flow (potential) of games in general because they can be made faster.
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
I hope your right.

Because then my Wii won't be a useless, dust collecting paper weight like it is now.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JPOBS
[QUOTE="StealthSting"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. Jandurin

Yep. Cheapest means it doesn't hurt the soul to pick it up at the store (so, there's a user base), and easiest to develop for means more unique games (lower risk), and a more consistent flow (potential) of games in general because they can be made faster.

maybe, but it could also mean developers throwing any crap on the console just to make a buck. Which is pretty much what we've seen.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="StealthSting"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. JPOBS

Yep. Cheapest means it doesn't hurt the soul to pick it up at the store (so, there's a user base), and easiest to develop for means more unique games (lower risk), and a more consistent flow (potential) of games in general because they can be made faster.

maybe, but it could also mean developers throwing any crap on the console just to make a buck. Which is pretty much what we've seen.

thats on any console :|

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

It happens with all the best consoles... Gun, Bomberman act Zero?  Gundam PS3? and yes it happend with the PS2... for every AAA game there are 10 bad to meh games. 

The Wii is getting support, good bad or otherwise, and support will pay off evently... good games will be released... but you can't have the good with out the bad in this indusrty.  

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="StealthSting"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]The ps2 and wii arent comparable. the ps2 isnt NEARLY as weak as the wii is compared to thier respective compitition so the fact that the ps2 had the best games means next to nothing. wavebrid

thats on any console :|

So your going to deny that this practice is more prevelent on the wii given the fact jandurin and stealthsting posted?

:lol: 

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StealthSting

Thats arguable, tho I do agree with the ports situation. But, just because a game is cheaper to make does not make it worse.

Lost Planet for example took 40 million to be made with advertising included, SOTC is a game that definitely would not even reach such a number and many could consider it as the better game. Tho one thing I do agree with you, Wii will probably be the console of this gen with the biggest ratio of crap out of all of them.