I noticed something about the PS3s comercials

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XxLoStxX
Member since 2005 • 576 Posts

Ok, so you all know how the 360s motto is "Jump In" and the Wiis is "Wii would like to play". I thought it was funny how the PS3s is "starting at $399".

Im not hating on any of them,because they each have their highs and lows but I just thought I would point that out ;)

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
Their motto is still play beyond, its just that they really want to get the new low price out there to the public.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
They do say that. :?
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

PS3's is "Play B3yond" ...

:lol:

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Ok, so you all know how the 360s motto is "Jump In" and the Wiis is "Wii would like to play". I thought it was funny how the PS3s is "starting at $399".

Im not hating on any of them,because they each have their highs and lows but I just thought I would point that out ;)

XxLoStxX

sony's motto is play beyond

XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxLoStxX
Right, but in the comercials they say starting at 399 not play beyond
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts

Not-A-Stalker

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
[QUOTE="XxLoStxX"]

lawlessx

what he is saying is their motto of "play beyond" has been replaced by "starting at $399" in their new commericals.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

axes03

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

that fits the 360 more then the PS3. Paying for pictures, backgrounds, content that should had be included in the game sin the first place, and paying to play online.

XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XxLoStxX
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="XxLoStxX"]

Danthegamingman

what he is saying is their motto of "play beyond" has been replaced by "starting at $399" in their new commericals.

Yes, Thank you

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

axes03

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

PS3 is in the same price range as the 360... That might have been witty a year ago, but now it just makes you look like an ***. :?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="XxLoStxX"]

XxLoStxX

Yes, Thank you

.they're just using the commericals to imform people that the price of the ps3 has changed. sony's motto was always play beyond

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 axes03
[QUOTE="axes03"][QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

Nerkcon

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

that fits the 360 more then the PS3. Paying for pictures, backgrounds, content that should had be included in the game sin the first place, and paying to play online.

whos forcing you to buy pics and backgrounds?

paying for content? again, whos forcing you to buy them? and btw, its better than having NO CONTENT AT ALL!!! PSN store......pfft WHAT A JOKE!!!!

If you can buy a 300 dollar machine, why cant you afford less than 5 bucks a month?? one less BIGMAC wont kill you.

Pripyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pripyat
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
I've noticed they have games not out for months in their commercials, atleast here in Europe.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
Just to remind you, this is not worth a topic, do you really see a debate for this ?
XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxLoStxX

I've noticed they have games not out for months in their commercials, atleast here in Europe. Pripyat

Are you serious? Like wich ones?

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 axes03

[QUOTE="Pripyat"]I've noticed they have games not out for months in their commercials, atleast here in Europe. XxLoStxX

Are you serious? Like wich ones?

home, mgs4, GT5

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nerkcon
[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="axes03"][QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

axes03

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

paying for content? again, whos forcing you to buy them? and btw, its better than having NO CONTENT AT ALL!!! PSN store......pfft WHAT A JOKE!!!!

If you can buy a 300 dollar machine, why cant you afford less than 5 bucks a month?? one less BIGMAC wont kill you.

No one forces you to buy pictures or backgrounds but the match-ranking forces you to buy the 'optional' maps. Maybe it's just me but when I first played Halo 2 online it took twenty mintues in thelounge before they gave me the message 'you do not have this map' and it happened every time. But then I saw that themaps were free and I had a blast being a total noob online! :D(No I wasn't an annoying kid Iwas just ahorrible player.)It was a long time ago but the point is you are FORCE to use match-ranking to decide what match you gointo insome games and it could be abused, Halo 2 did it.

Scotland01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scotland01
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

the ps3 is stupid so it fits fine

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

Play B3HIND

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 axes03
[QUOTE="axes03"][QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="axes03"][QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

Nerkcon

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

No one forces you to buy pictures or back grounds but the match-ranking forces you to buy the 'optional' maps. Maybe it's just mean but when I first played Halo 2 online it took twenty mintues in the luge before they gave me the message 'you do not have this map' and it happens every time. But then I saw that the maps were free and I had a blast being a total noob online! :D(No Iwasn't an annoying kid I justan horrible player.)It was a long time ago but the point is you are FORCE to use match-ranking to decide what match you go to in some games and it could be abused, Halo 2 did it.

Halo3 uses the new maps if all the players in the lobby have the maps, or else the game uses the old ones, and the maps will be free soon. In gears, it shows you the map, so you couldve just avoided the new ones you had to buy, until they became free. why are you bringing in the xbox1 stories?? try again later.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lawlessx
[QUOTE="axes03"][QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="axes03"][QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

Nerkcon

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

No one forces you to buy pictures or back grounds but the match-ranking forces you to buy the 'optional' maps. Maybe it's just mean but when I first played Halo 2 online it took twenty mintues in the luge before they gave me the message 'you do not have this map' and it happens every time. But then I saw that the maps were free and I had a blast being a total noob online! :D(No Iwasn't an annoying kid I justan horrible player.)It was a long time ago but the point is you are FORCE to use match-ranking to decide what match you go to in some games and it could be abused, Halo 2 did it.

they actually let people that didnt buy the maps right away to go into matchmaking for afew weeks..then after a update it was cut off.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nerkcon

Well I glad they fixed that but $10 for 3 maps and two if which that were held back to be sold later is a scam. I guess I'll just play Gears instead. :D Is it true you have to be connected all the time to use your downloaded content? Some times my Internet stops working for a few seconds, what would happen? (Talking about single player content that was downloaded on Live.)

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 axes03

Well I glad they fixed that but $10 for 3 maps and two if which that were held back to be sold later is a scam. I guess I'll just play Gears instead. :D Is it true you have to be connected all the time to use your downloaded content? Some times my Internet stops working for a few seconds, what would happen? (Talking about single player content that was downloaded on Live.)

Nerkcon

on your 360, NO.

but if you recover your account on someone elses 360, and then download the stuff,then your profile has to be online to play them.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nerkcon
[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]

axes03

on your 360, NO.

but if you recover your account on someone elses 360, and then download the stuff,then your profile has to be online to play them.

Okay, that makes sense. My only worry now is the failure rate and disk scratching.

blizzardmist88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 blizzardmist88
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="XxLoStxX"]

XxLoStxX

Yes, Thank you

Except it still even has in their commercials with PLay B3yond in it.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
I find it funny that their most recent commercial shows only multiplats and MGS4 which won't be out for a billion years. I'm pretty sure it says "only on the ps3" somewhere as well.
sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

in australia i think their slogan is "this is living" or sumthen l9ke that

and they play assains creed footage then sport that logo..

Element00216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Element00216
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

"Live in your world, play in ours." is leaps and bounds above "Play B3yond." =[ I'm also not a fan of the Spiderman text.

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
who cares? I don't see how that is funny? :?
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nerkcon

I find it funny that their most recent commercial shows only multiplats and MGS4 which won't be out for a billion years. I'm pretty sure it says "only on the ps3" somewhere as well.flclempire

Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo(SP?), are all on the Xbox 360?

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

[QUOTE="flclempire"]I find it funny that their most recent commercial shows only multiplats and MGS4 which won't be out for a billion years. I'm pretty sure it says "only on the ps3" somewhere as well.Nerkcon

Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo(SP?), are all on the Xbox 360?

no, lol he didnt watch the commercial obviously.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
So judging by your logic, you should also find it funny that microsoft put "starting at 279.99" on their commercial, right?
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#34 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

XxLoStxX

I've noticed that although the caption says "Actual Game Footage" all but a fraction of a second of whats shown is Cutscene or CGI.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Right, but in the comercials they say starting at 399 not play beyondXxLoStxX

What's your point?

And how many Sony commercial threads do we need every day. this is getting very desperate and annoying.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Play B3yond?

Isn't turning your Es to 3s a nerd thing? No wonder PS3 is selling so bad.

King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts

Right, but in the comercials they say starting at 399 not play beyondXxLoStxX

You mean it's weird for a commercials to tell a price of a product? OMG!!! what is the world coming to!

alberth123123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 alberth123123
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]

axes03

"PAY Beyond"

fix'd

"Wait Beyond"

re-fixed

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

In the UK its "This is Living" and the ads make me want to puke.

Can they get away with lies like "a console that thinks for itself" and "youve never played a game like THIS before" LIES LIES LIES tbh. Still it appeals to idiots obiously.

If you cant show cgi without saying its not ingame they should have a disclaimer saying *game shown is actually a generic ripoff of several other games on rival systems

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

XxLoStxX

Umm... ps3 has the best mottos...

"Play Beyond"

"Live in your world, play in ours"

sorry but those own "jump in" and that Wii one