I Miss Lara Croft..:-(

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

I don't know why but today i have play U2 and i miss the old good days with Lara Croft.:oops:

U2 it is like Tomb Raider game but i like more the Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider games.I don't konw why the Tomb Raider Underworld got a lot bad reviews but the game is just awesome and the graphics just amazing.It is just the best tomb raider game and it is wοrth 9 out of 10.I really have miss Mrs Croft.Did any one know if it will be a new Tomb Raider game...?

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Say hello to Nathan Drake. :)

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
They're rebooting the series i think.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I miss her too :(

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

jakehouston88
uhhhhh...NO
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

If this

and the other details we've heard about Lara's next outing are anything to go on about, then i can't wait.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

If this

and the other details we've heard about Lara's next outing are anything to go on about, then i can't wait.

shutdown_202

I wholeheartedly agree.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Naughty Dog nailed the target genre on their first entry yet Eidos still can't get it right. I admire Lara croft as an icon, but balanced gameplay is long over-due.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

-Oath

ZOMG she bought it too!?

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Panosola

jakehouston88

I really don't like this guy.Just dismiss the Nathan Drake from the game and put the Lara Croft in and the game is just perfect.Lara Croft is a legend.

Nathan Drake is just a bad copy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41585 Posts

I never played a Lara Croft game (as I would like to start with Tomb Raider Legend on the Gamecube). But I don't think the new Lara Croft games will be the same due to Toby Gard leaving CD.

EDIT: But even if I do enjoy Lara's games, I'd still think Indiana Jones >>> Lara Croft.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

If this

shutdown_202

Yeh, the concept sounds really cool. I'm hella interested to see how it turns out. http://www.gossipgamers.com/rumor-lara-crofts-tomb-raider-reboot/

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#14 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Panosola
I really don't like this guy.Just dismiss the Nathan Drake from the game and put the Lara Croft in and the game is just perfect.Lara Croft is a legend.

The last Tomb Raider underworld came out less than a year ago... too short of time to miss if you ask me. Go play that game then. Also TR has sucked since the ps1 days really, the only one I really enjoyed has been Anniversary on PC, but it was a remake of the first TR game and as such was pure platforming and very little of the crazy crap the others in the series had.. The combat engine of the last TR game was meh.. I guess if you don't own a ps3 it could be considered good, but not when uncharted raises the bar for gameplay, platforming, hand to hand combat, cover system, third person shooting, camera angles, cinematic gameplay, fantastic story, game length, orchestral music, sounds, and graphics... Newer TR's fail in all of these categories and will continue to not reach the bar as the publhiser refuses to put money into it... They rush development, tr:underworld only finished as they took a bribe from MS for excluisve dlc, did you guys even get that? I don't remeber it being announced. And the game still sold more on the PS3....lol We get it you don't like Uncharted or the ps3, you most likely didn't play Uncharted 2 with the amount of bashing you did to it in this thread you started: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27072364 You go on to say gears has better graphics than u2... yeah ok..... Lemmings jeesh don't you have games to play? oh yeah odst have fun with that.
simslifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 simslifer
Member since 2009 • 1844 Posts

I don't know why but today i have play U2 and i miss the old good days with Lara Croft.:oops:

U2 it is like Tomb Raider game but i like more the Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider games.I don't konw why the Tomb Raider Underworld got a lot bad reviews but the game is just awesome and the graphics just amazing.It is just the best tomb raider game and it is wοrth 9 out of 10.I really have miss Mrs Croft.Did any one know if it will be a new Tomb Raider game...?

Panosola

I missed the tomb raider games as wellbut eidos needs to have a sit down with naughty dog to get help in making a good game.

anyways nathan drake is cool and i love his female sidekicks :)

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Well now it hasn't even been a year since Underworld came out, I'm pretty sure TR games haven't been forgotten.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Panosola
[QUOTE="Panosola"][QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Midnightshade29

The last Tomb Raider underworld came out less than a year ago... too short of time to miss if you ask me. Go play that game then. Also TR has sucked since the ps1 days really, the only one I really enjoyed has been Anniversary on PC, but it was a remake of the first TR game and as such was pure platforming and very little of the crazy crap the others in the series had.. The combat engine of the last TR game was meh.. I guess if you don't own a ps3 it could be considered good, but not when uncharted raises the bar for gameplay, platforming, hand to hand combat, cover system, third person shooting, camera angles, cinematic gameplay, fantastic story, game length, orchestral music, sounds, and graphics... Newer TR's fail in all of these categories and will continue to not reach the bar as the publhiser refuses to put money into it... They rush development, tr:underworld only finished as they took a bribe from MS for excluisve dlc, did you guys even get that? I don't remeber it being announced. And the game still sold more on the PS3....lol We get it you don't like Uncharted or the ps3, you most likely didn't play Uncharted 2 with the amount of bashing you did to it in this thread you started: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27072364 You go on to say gears has better graphics than u2... yeah ok..... Lemmings jeesh don't you have games to play? oh yeah odst have fun with that.

You sound very silly.Can you read...?I don,t say that i don't like the game,the game is very good, i don't like the hero of the game....Nathan Drake.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

-Oath

Hott. Too bad she's gone. The best Tomb Raider was the second one on the PS1.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

You need a real girlfriend and a life .....

longello

lol is that kind of attitude necessary?

this is a gaming forum ffs

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
Nah, the third one is better.
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Lara is like my most hated popular female character in video games EVER so lol not missing her at all. The one i am missing is Joanna from PD with her english accent :)
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

I miss Mr.47, When the hell is he making a comeback?? Blood Money is now like what? 4 years old or something??

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
I don't. Uncharted 2 is better than the recent Lara Croft games by miles imho; the shooting's better, the story's better, the graphics are better....
shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts

Lara Croft is dead. Nathan Drake is the future

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Chloe is a homage to lara, if you cant spot the similarities, how do you dress yourself in the morning?

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

jakehouston88

il say hello to him when he gets as hot as lara croft

and even then, nothing beats her awesome climbing up wall skillz

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

so do i - nathan drake is a sorry excuse for a replacement... think it's time naughty stuck to what they do best and somebody pick up the TR IP and do it some justice...

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
Nathan Drake > Lara Croft Just goes to show that having a bootylicious protagonist won't make your game any better. Not that Nathan Drake is bad-looking by any means :P
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 3picuri3
[QUOTE="PandaBear86"]Nathan Drake > Lara Croft Just goes to show that having a bootylicious protagonist won't make your game any better. Not that Nathan Drake is bad-looking by any means :P

i dunno, i think she's better than a gap / american eagle poster boy weiner.. aka the drake.
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

so do i - nathan drake is a sorry excuse for a replacement... think it's time naughty stuck to what they do best and somebody pick up the TR IP and do it some justice...

3picuri3

What ND does best is make the Uncharted series. That has gotten them the most acclaim now of any of their series. Why would they leave it? Hey I l do wish they had Chloe as a playable character in the SP. Oh well.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Ehhhhh, I'll take Nathan Drake any day. The only thing he lacks is the fact he's not a pixelated girl but when it comes with the fact that he's ten times better as a character.....yeah, not going to complain.
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

nathandrake>>>>>>>>lara croft

Uncharted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tomb Raider

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I think the main differences between Tomb Raider and Uncharted is the focus of their gameplay.

Uncharted is very action oriented. The trailer we saw of U2 played out very much like the trailer of a Michael Bay movie. It's fast paced with a lot of emphasis on the fire fights, where the platforming seems to be the means to navigate from one fight sequence to the next.

Tomb Raider is more exploration oriented. Lara has a diverse set of maneuvering skills (climbing, rapelling, swinging, shimmying, chimney jumping, vaulting, etc...) and each environment is essentially a puzzle. It's not simply the character getting from point A to B, but HOW to traverse the complex environments. Figuring out which combination of maneuvers to use in various spots to successfully navigate the catacombs.

In addition is the mechanism based puzzles, where trying to figure out the correct arrangement of structural objects (sometimes exploring to locate keys needed) is required to get through the settings.

Also the exploration aspect of the games is not just the environmental navigation, but also discovering the roots of various cultural mythologies. And that is what really set TR apart from other games. Lara is a very knowledgable lady, well versed in the legends of ancient civilizations and how they influenced the modern world. When I play a Tomb Raider game, I am taken in with a sense of wonder of learning about old myths and relics, and a feeling of discovery in entering a lost and vanished world, only touched again for the first time in centuries. So in TR games, the combat with the natural wild life and rival mercenaries comes secondary.

Its by no means my intent to undermine Uncharted. I have no doubt it excels as a cinematic action game. But I have always loved the mythic feel of the Tomb Raider games :)

Who_Dat_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Who_Dat_Ninja
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

Chloe is pretty hot, for people complaining about lack of boobage in Uncharted games.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Chloe is pretty hot, for people complaining about lack of boobage in Uncharted games.

Who_Dat_Ninja

Have you seen her face while she's holding the GAU 19?

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

jakehouston88
Oh please no. Lara Corft was original, Nathan Drake tries to be Lara Croft and Marcus Fenix at the same time
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Uncharted is what Tomb Raider should of been this gen. I just played my first hours of U2 and WOW, impressed down to the last detail. Only thing I bash on, and its small, is when you get treasures it'd be nice if there was a little piece of info on each one.

I loved Tomb Raider Legend, but thought Underworld was just alright. Legend with the quick time and story and everything just felt right.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

I like Tomb Raider: Underworld on the PC more than I liked the original Uncharted, but Uncharted 2 is just damn awesome. I hope the next Tomb Raider game really does something to expand on the formula, though. I'd very much love it if the acrobatic exploring in the levels could be more open, like Assassin's Creed, but with hotter ass.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Funconsole
Oh please no. Lara Corft was original, Nathan Drake tries to be Lara Croft and Marcus Fenix at the same time

Lulz what, have you played Uncharted?
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 3picuri3

[QUOTE="3picuri3"]

3rdbass

What ND does best is make the Uncharted series. That has gotten them the most acclaim now of any of their series. Why would they leave it? Hey I l do wish they had Chloe as a playable character in the SP. Oh well.

that would actually probably make the game appeal to me far more -- just something about nathan drake that just boils my blood. he's like the kind of guy i'd just have the urge to smack in public.
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

[QUOTE="3rdbass"]

[QUOTE="3picuri3"]

3picuri3

that would actually probably make the game appeal to me far more -- just something about nathan drake that just boils my blood. he's like the kind of guy i'd just have the urge to smack in public.

but he's soooo dreamy....

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Panosola

a copy of what? characters these days are just generic alien fighters with no personality. drake is a average guy, funny, and someone you can relate to (except the treasure hunting and taking down tanks psrt lol)

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

seriously they should just make a cgi movie instead of the game. All anyone cares about apparently is how hot she is lol I personally think tomb raider is a really bad series Ive never actually liked any of the games

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#44 DepressionMoon
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
I think they need to stop because if they haven't revitalized it already they probably won't. They should have given her to Naughty Dog. Guess what she would've been like then.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Panosola

[QUOTE="Panosola"]

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Revolution316

a copy of what? characters these days are just generic alien fighters with no personality. drake is a average guy, funny, and someone you can relate to (except the treasure hunting and taking down tanks psrt lol)

Nathan Drake is just a bad copy of Lara Croft.I really don't like this guy.He is try to hard to be cool.:?

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hoplayletsplay
I demand a cross over between Uncharted and Tomb Raider made by ND exclusively on th PS3, that'll be so sweet. But Nathan and Lara would probably be the worst partner there is on the planet.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hoplayletsplay
Tomb Raider: the Uncharted. Omg, it's sounds perfectly right.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts

jakehouston88
you know, Nathan Drake is the main reason I dont buy Uncharted 2. the game is great but the character looks lame, this game NEEDS a REAL character.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Panosola

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Leo-Magic

you know, Nathan Drake is the main reason I dont buy Uncharted 2. the game is great but the character looks lame, this game NEEDS a REAL character.

The Nathan Drake is the worst nerd in game history.The only thing that i don't like in the game is Drake.:?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
There will be a new TR game. And that will be a day 1 buy as always.