I may sound like a total cow, but Killzone beats Crysis in some areas

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gogeta242
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts

Yes, I know that overalll, Crysis has better textures, but Killzone compares to Crysis and its in pre-alpha. Heres some comparison shots, ALL IN GAMEPLAY.

I think that when Killzone is completed, it will topple Crysis though. This pretty much ensures that devs saying Crysis couldn't be done on consoles is all BS. Killzone also has a lot more happening on screen that Crysis. What do you guys think.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Have you actually seen pictures or videos of Crysis in motion? Really... have you?
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gogeta242

Have you actually seen pictures or videos of Crysis in motion? Really... have you?foxhound_fox

yeah, I already said Crysis looks better overall, but Killzone 2 beats it out in some areas.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

the art direction is better imo, and the character animations are better too i think.

i rather play Killzone2 when it's finished. i love the atmosphere and chaos in that game.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Hmmm the pictures are not showing for me.

But seriously how will it cripple Crysis? nothing was destructable except the objective, the lighting was worse, the textures were god awful in comparison, the only thing killzone had going for it was the Helghast models , even they just looked like Black Storm Troops (Plasticness ftw).

Crysis Textures are very high res, that alone kills your statement.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
Like the area where in Killzone nothing even has a SHADOW on the ridiculously designed flying contraption?
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

Absolutely, completely and utterly, disagreed.

If I could run Crysis I would purchase it in a heartbeat over Killzone.

There are animals everywhere in Crysis. GAWD it's amazing. They've got little birds running around, chickens you can pick up and throw, fish, crabs...and that was just in the demonstration. This game is very, very impressive.

Killzone 2 has some great lighting, good draw distances, and good animations. That's not ZZA-ZZA-BOOM! Crysis killer, thanks.

Plus, watch the tech demo for Cryengine 2 again. It's got AMAZING animations, it's still got depth of field, gigantic, gigantic, gigantic environments, volumetric clouds, and extremely advanced lighting techniques. The lighting is 100% dynamic as well. Even the birds and the chickens cast a real time shadow. And the underwater view is AMAZING. That's something games have lacked for years. I'm literally going to swim laps around the game world when I finally get a PC that can blast it.

That's one of the reasons I hate Oblivion, and I'm serious about this, is hideous underwater views.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gogeta242

I don't see how anyone can honestly say that the killzone pic I posted doesn't beat out that crysis pic I posted. I just don't get what you guys are seeing, I mean look at the immesne detail in the gun of Killzone. Look at the detail in the Helghast, its all CG quality:|

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gogeta242
The only thing that looks make me say "Oh snap" in Crysis is the vegetation, other than that, I'd easily give it to Killzone, just my opinion though.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Meu2k7

I don't see how anyone can honestly say that the killzone pic I posted doesn't beat out that crysis pic I posted. I just don't get what you guys are seeing, I mean look at the immesne detail in the gun of Killzone. Look at the detail in the Helghast, its all CG quality:|

gogeta242

Your pictures dont work. And I bet youve shown a craptastic year old picture of crysis.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

The only thing that looks make me say "Oh snap" in Crysis is the vegetation, other than that, I'd easily give it to Killzone, just my opinion though.gogeta242

Congratulations. You're definitely a victim of "fanboy vision". Your rampant sony fandom has finally seeped out of your brain and into your eye sockets, corrupting them completely.

x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
What pic? WTF are you talking about?
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Its people like you that make us cows look bad.
Beowulf935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Beowulf935
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts
Every single screen we've gotten so far of Crysis is also in pre-alpha (also mostly of them were DX9). We've only just started to get alpha videos.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

You have to be kidding. :|

...please tell me this is a joke.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gogeta242
Whoa, calm down folks:?, I said IMO. Don't flame me for giving my opinion, sheesh. I prefer the way Killzone looks if that makes me a fanboy, then too bad. I have all the console except for the Wii and I plan on getting one around Christmas. Label me fanboy if you want, I don't care, but I prefer the way Killzone looks.
tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

This picture of the floor in Crysis is more impressive then the Killzone 2 pic you posted.

That Killzone 2 pic is a blury, jaggymess (if you want to view his pic right click the red x and select propeties then copy and paste the url it displays).

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gogeta242

You have to be kidding. :|

...please tell me this is a joke.

TrueReligion_

Whoa, you as if Crysis is a whole level ahead of Killzone 2, I already said Crysis looks better but I prefer the way Killzone 2 looks, because in my opinion it beats out Crysis in some areas. But you can stop it with the "please tell me this is a joke" Crysis doesn't look that much better than Pre-Alpha Killzone. You're talking like Crysis is a gen ahead of Killzone or something:?

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meu2k7

Whoa, calm down folks:?, I said IMO. Don't flame me for giving my opinion, sheesh. I prefer the way Killzone looks if that makes me a fanboy, then too bad. I have all the console except for the Wii and I plan on getting one around Christmas. Label me fanboy if you want, I don't care, but I prefer the way Killzone looks.gogeta242

Lets see, theres 3 threads on yours on hte main SW page 1 , 2 killzone related, 1 HAze bashing ... whats next?

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts
yeah i have to admit as a series killzone does take crysis in some areas. In the area of totally sucking Killzone takes the cake!
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gogeta242

Alright I'm gonna come out and say it, I said Crysis looks better overall just to console you guys cause I know how posters can react to Crysis. I can't lie to myself anymore, to me Killzone 2 looks just better than Crysis overall. It has a much more gritty realistic look to me. Someone post some GIFs of Crysis, cause heres some of Killzone 2.

I'm sorry but Killzone looks better to me, you guys can have your own opinion and I'll have mines.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

I have *just* found out that my PC can run Crysis. And almost at the recommended rather than minimum system requirements. My graphics card was broken and I actually gota better one under warranty!!! This is such a great day.

I'm not quite sure why you think Killzone 2isbetter than Crysis, especially when Crysis has for a long time been the automatic win card in many arguments. Crysis is much better, especially now I can play it.

Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Evo310whp
Member since 2006 • 3206 Posts
Always concerned with how the game looks....
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
I'm sure Crysis is all that and a loaf of bread, but you have to take into consideration how much the rig to play it would cost... There's an awfully big difference between $600 and $6000 for a gaming rig.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gogeta242
I swear though, if 360 had a game that looks as good as Killzone 2, systems wars would've forgot about Crysis and saidthat that game looked better. The level of bias is just scary here:|
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

Alright I'm gonna come out and say it, I said Crysis looks better overall just to console you guys cause I know how posters can react to Crysis. I can't lie to myself anymore, to me Killzone 2 looks just better than Crysis overall. It has a much more gritty realistic look to me. Someone post some GIFs of Crysis, cause heres some of Killzone 2.

I'm sorry but Killzone looks better to me, you guys can have your own opinion and I'll have mines.

gogeta242

and this is crysis...

x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 x_boyfriend

I'm sure Crysis is all that and a loaf of bread, but you have to take into consideration how much the rig to play it would cost... There's an awfully big difference between $600 and $6000 for a gaming rig.Timstuff

Yeah, a huge difference. Heck, I could buy four PCs with that kind of money. Then I'd throw a small Crysis lan party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
:D ... wait. You're serious? :| How could ANY human being even say such a thing?!
zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

This picture of the floor in Crysis is more impressive then the Killzone 2 pic you posted.

That Killzone 2 pic is a blury, jaggymess (if you want to view his pic right click the red x and select propeties then copy and paste the url it displays).

tramp

That pic completely destroy the orginal poster, seriously there is more detail on that small spot of the ground then there is on the whole side of one of the big buildings in KZ

Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts

I think that when Killzone is completed, it will topple Crysis though. This pretty much ensures that devs saying Crysis couldn't be done on consoles is all BS. Killzone also has a lot more happening on screen that Crysis. What do you guys think.

gogeta242

Hold on a second. Wait, waaaait. WTF? So Killzone thats split up in levels in dark cities has alot more happening than an entire island running in realtime with animals, houses that can be destroy, choppers, boats, cars, EVERYTHING? wth?

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

cobrax75

and this is crysis...

Find better GIFs, cause from what I'm seeing my Killzone GIFs pwns that Crysis GIF

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]

gogeta242

and this is crysis...

Find better GIFs, cause from what I'm seeing my Killzone GIFs pwns that Crysis GIF

lamo....there is a reason not as ingle person in this thread has agreed with you on anything you have said.

A_Gamerz_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 A_Gamerz_soul
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts

im sorry bout i doubt it, although all i see is red x's in your post :P

Crysis is going for photorealistic look, while killzone is going for a cg-realistic look.

Im a cow and hermit, well future cow (im waiting for the rumble controller system)

But crysis beats it from what i seen. CRysis does OD on the blur though, i think they share blur in common more than anything and crysis seriously ODs on it compared to killzone.

Killzone's blur (blur adds realism) is more subtle but you can definetly see its there especially when u pause a video of it in action. And i like its blur more tha crysis, but crysis is hands down the best in graphics.

But maybe in the future crysis can be done on the ps3, who knows.

x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 x_boyfriend

gogeta242

Ok, granted it's a matter of opinion. And frankly I prefer the art direction of Killzone over Crysis myself. I prefer the urban-post-apocalyptic grit to sprawling tropical jungles. I prefer close quarters combat and house to house fighting, than outdoor fighting. So much, that I even got a bit jealous for not owning a PS3.

But I guess it's hard to pass judgement just now since Crysis - unfortunately so - has way more public info than Killzone 2.

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts

I swear though, if 360 had a game that looks as good as Killzone 2, systems wars would've forgot about Crysis and saidthat that game looked better. The level of bias is just scary here:|gogeta242
Even cows disagree.

All pre-alpha.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

cobrax75

and this is crysis...

McClair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 McClair9
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

Yes, I know that overalll, Crysis has better textures, but Killzone compares to Crysis and its in pre-alpha. Heres some comparison shots, ALL IN GAMEPLAY.

gogeta242

You're not just a cow,you're an absolute nutcase,killzone looks great,crysis is in a different league.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

cobrax75

and this is crysis...

zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

I'm sure Crysis is all that and a loaf of bread, but you have to take into consideration how much the rig to play it would cost... There's an awfully big difference between $600 and $6000 for a gaming rig.Timstuff

:lol: :lol: :lol: Were do you people come from? They said the specs of the PC they were running Crysis on at E3 and guess what? It was a PC that could be built for UNDER 1000 dollars :lol: :lol:

For years now the sweat spot performance / Cost wise for a PC has been under 1000 dollars, Sure you will get a faster gaming PC for 3000 dollars, but it's not worth it via the performance for cost ratio.

Crysis will max out on a PC you can buy today for under 1000 dollars according to the games developers so please learn what your talking about before you spew such nonsense.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

tramp

jaggies?. do you know what jaggies are?...

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

McClair9

You're not just a cow,you're an absolute nutcase,killzone looks great,crysis is in a different league.

Nope not a nutcase, I just prefere the way Killzone looks.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Find better GIFs, cause from what I'm seeing my Killzone GIFs pwns that Crysis GIFgogeta242

So you didn't notice the fact that a building was being torn to shreds in real-time by a nuclear blast?
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts

Killzone graphics rely too much on excess saturation; without that i'd like to take a look at the textures its got while in gameplay... That's what makes the game look pretty...

Crysis is just fenomenal

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gogeta242

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]I swear though, if 360 had a game that looks as good as Killzone 2, systems wars would've forgot about Crysis and saidthat that game looked better. The level of bias is just scary here:|baddog121390

Even cows disagree.

All pre-alpha.

I see I'm alone in this, but those don't look as good as Killzone 2 to me. Sorry.

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 baddog121390

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]I swear though, if 360 had a game that looks as good as Killzone 2, systems wars would've forgot about Crysis and saidthat that game looked better. The level of bias is just scary here:|baddog121390

Even cows disagree.

All pre-alpha.

Oh yeah, nukes could be done in multiplayer. Probably the biggest jump in network code since Quake 2.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]I swear though, if 360 had a game that looks as good as Killzone 2, systems wars would've forgot about Crysis and saidthat that game looked better. The level of bias is just scary here:|gogeta242

Even cows disagree.

All pre-alpha.

I see I'm alone in this, but those don't look as good as Killzone 2 to me. Sorry.

Denial. :)
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gogeta242

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]Find better GIFs, cause from what I'm seeing my Killzone GIFs pwns that Crysis GIFfoxhound_fox

So you didn't notice the fact that a building was being torn to shreds in real-time by a nuclear blast?

I can see everyone takes me for a total fanboy in this thread, but I just like the way killzone looks even compared to Crysis. Those were some awesome effects on the building though, but I was just reffering to graphics. I personally believe the body reaction to bulllets, and blood effects in Killzone 2 is just as impressive though

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Meu2k7

gogeta242

The Aircraft Carrier scene with the Hunter is better than those, and that was shown well over a year ago.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]

Even cows disagree.

All pre-alpha.

Denial. :)

No, opinon:|

xXMercenariOXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 xXMercenariOXx
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
Why cows are hyping Killzone 2?? Because the graphics??