I love the ps3 and sorta hate the xbox 360 but i honestly have to say....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Forza 2 in 2007 9.2 score

+ Forza 3 in 2009 9.5 score

---------------------

is greater than a GT5 perfect 10 for 1 reason.... and its the reason I hold PS3 to a higher regard than a 360.. and thats bang for your buck..... Ive been playin 2 awesome racing games for the past 4 years while watching trailers for GT5 for the past 5 to 6 years....

im sorry... but honestly... i have NO DOUBT that GT5 is going to be like... a 'movement' in the video game industry... i mean just imagine all the people that like cars... and all the people that have a ps3... and all the people that are waitin for gt5 to come out before they even buy a ps3.. its gona be huge no doubt... but still... i dont thinkg a perfect 10 is going to excuse nor warrant the 5 year development cycle... anyone else feel this way? like... no cow or lem thing here, you just recognize that GT5 is going to be rediculously huge... but even if it scores a 10.. its just a too little too late?

oh and PS.... god forbid forza 4 gets a 9.0 or 9.5 cause that would be the nail in the coffin for GT for me.. i mean, if your competitor can consistenly put out new games with new features and keep raising the bar and maintain a AAAE average every 2 years while you take 5 years... thats just bad business

right4dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 right4dead
Member since 2010 • 1062 Posts

GT5 is to racing games what mercedes benz is to cars

GT5 is to racing games what Sony is to electronics

LOL, see what i did there?

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

I think itll sell well and be a good game. I dont expect more then that of anything.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Renzokucant

right4dead

i see what you did there...

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

right4dead

I don't like mercedes benz.

Sony has been overtaken by samsung, apple.

Avatar image for LucidJubilation
LucidJubilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LucidJubilation
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

why would anybody hate a video game console:? its a wacky world....

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Renzokucant

LucidJubilation
because i spent 400$ on it when it came out and its broken more times than i can count on two hands... its a headache and a pain in my butt and i hate headaches and pains in my butt.. but it gives me gears of war so i only sorta hate it... see now?
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="LucidJubilation"]

Renzokucant

because i spent 400$ on it when it came out and its broken more times than i can count on two hands... its a headache and a pain in my butt and i hate headaches and pains in my butt.. but it gives me gears of war so i only sorta hate it... see now?

Mines technicaly only broken once, so I guess im lucky. and it wasnt even a RROD, it was a E74 error, which might as well be the same thing.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
i kind of agree its why i picked a 360 first and never really went back, not just gt5 just their big named games seemed to have been pushed back in years and there was 360 with dead rising and gears of war =D
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XboximusPrime

i kind of agree its why i picked a 360 first and never really went back, not just gt5 just their big named games seemed to have been pushed back in years and there was 360 with dead rising and gears of war =Dsavagetwinkie

Pretty much how I was. I got a 360 first because I couldnt resist the HD looks and I wanted Oblivion more then a Crackhead wants his next fix, then PS3 launched and I got that about 4 months after launch. Bumpy road from their in the beginning, but seems fine now.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

bphan

Apple, LOL. Samsung I can agree with, they have good hardware for a good price. But Apple makes overpriced crap.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

Renzokucant

it's absurd exaggerations like this that show the sheer amount of fanboyism there is out there. more than you can count on 2 hands?? please....:roll:

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Renzokucant

[QUOTE="Renzokucant"][QUOTE="LucidJubilation"]

lazerface216

it's absurd exaggerations like this that show the sheer amount of fanboyism there is out there. more than you can count on 2 hands?? please....:roll:

hey... i lost 6 fingers in the war boy...... how dare you.. show some respect :(
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

What you get in one Gran Turismo game it takes 3 versions of Forza to make up for it so if you think about it it all evens out.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Renzokucant
What you get in on Gran Turismo game it takes 3 versions of Forza to even compete with it so if you think about it it all evens out.jakarai
true, but i think most people would rather play now than later
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
So COD is the best shooter because they can release an AAA a year? Give me a break.
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Renzokucant
So COD is the best shooter because they can release an AAA a year? Give me a break.gamebreakerz__
in my opinion.. yes only if they continue to raise the bar and maintain the score..
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

So COD is the best shooter because they can release an AAA a year? Give me a break.gamebreakerz__
As much as I don't like the yearly releases you have to suck it up and realize they got it right, and if you got a good thing you might as well milk it for what its worth.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#19 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

it's a trivial argument since they're both ferociously boring.

dirt 3> noon car sims.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="bphan"]

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

Martin_G_N

Apple, LOL. Samsung I can agree with, they have good hardware for a good price. But Apple makes overpriced crap.

I was actually going to say the opposite. Apple is quality. Samsung is crap.

Apple IPOD basically replaced the Sony walkman in terms of the ubiquitous portable audio device.Sony used to dominate that market before the MP3 players (and ipod) took over.Although the Sony MP3 Walkman of today are probably a better value than IPOD, it's too late for them. The IPOD is just what everyone associates with a portable MP3 player (like Reynolds Wrap is to aluminum foil and what the Walkman used to be). Obviously if you are talking computers Apple is grossly overpriced for their laptops and desktops. But their other electronics are pretty high quality, easy to use, and just plain cool.

As far as Samsungs, I presume you are talking televisions. Sony doesn't even make their own LCD panels as far as I know. Hell they might even use some Samsung manufactured panels. But somehow their televisions still seem so much better to me as far the polish they put into them, the quality of the tuner, the interface, and everything about them basically. Samsung's just seem to have alot of problems. Sony DVD/blu ray players are DEFINITELY better (samsung = crap in this department). Sony makes relatively average audio components equipment even at the highest end, but Samsung is just pure crap by comparison. Sony makes solid computers that are overpriced. Samsung makes crap computers regardless of price. And so on...

right4dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 right4dead
Member since 2010 • 1062 Posts

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

bphan

your just plain wrong, sony is way better than samsung, and all apple does is make computers and phones, sony makes everything you can think of, not to mention has a music and movie company, and develops games

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="bphan"]

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

right4dead

your just plain wrong, sony is way better than samsung, and all apple does is make computers and phones, sony makes everything you can think of, not to mention has a music and movie company, and develops games

but when you take 'electronics' into consideration. it is in fact, Samsung who's the biggest electronics company.

"In 2005, Samsung surpassed Japanese rival Sony for the first time to become the world's largest and most popular consumer electronics brand as measured by Interbrand" quoted from Wiki, but it's sourced from 'Interbrand' which I imagine to be a reliable source.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="Renzokucant"] because i spent 400$ on it when it came out and its broken more times than i can count on two hands... its a headache and a pain in my butt and i hate headaches and pains in my butt.. but it gives me gears of war so i only sorta hate it... see now?Renzokucant

hey... i lost 6 fingers in the war boy...... how dare you.. show some respect :(

lol is this a joke?? if not, how the hell am i supposed to know that?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Actually i believe only MW1 and MW2 were AAA games (imo only CoD2 deserved it). On the other hand, all Forza games were AAA.

Falcon084-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Falcon084-2
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

Unless you are in a real Ferrari on a real track racing games are boring. I love to play at first but after a while I realise thatI am driving in a circle all day and unlike the real world you don't get the awesome G-forces stretching back your skin.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

right4dead

I don't get it :?

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

[QUOTE="Renzokucant"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

Of course it's a joke, they wouldn't be playing PS3 games with only 4 fingers...
Avatar image for LucidJubilation
LucidJubilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LucidJubilation
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Renzokucant

mines broke down maybe 3 times and i don't hate it in the slightest. infact i missed it while it was gone(getting repaired). ur to sensitive....

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I like games that have been released far more than ones that haven't. Also when these games go to 360 first the price for it is significantly cheaper on 360 and helps compensate for gold membership.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Renzokucant

lazerface216

lol how would I game
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="bphan"]

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

Martin_G_N

Apple is expensive but never crap. Their iPhnes, iPods, MACs and anything that comes from them is made of pure quality from the hardware to the software... When you compare Windows to Apple's OS the difference islike night and day.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

Renzokucant

lol how would I game

I had a friend that was missing a whole hand and he gamed just fine. Luckily his nub was on his left hand so he could just put it on the dpad or analog and had full control while is right full hand pushed the buttons. I don't think there were too many trigger games back then. However that dang nub was like a secret weapon when he played basketball, he would jab it in your ribs......dirty player.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Apple IPOD basically replaced the Sony walkman in terms of the ubiquitous portable audio device.Sony used to dominate that market before the MP3 players (and ipod) took over.Although the Sony MP3 Walkman of today are probably a better value than IPOD, it's too late for them. The IPOD is just what everyone associates with a portable MP3 player (like Reynolds Wrap is to aluminum foil and what the Walkman used to be). Obviously if you are talking computers Apple is grossly overpriced for their laptops and desktops. But their other electronics are pretty high quality, easy to use, and just plain cool.

As far as Samsungs, I presume you are talking televisions. Sony doesn't even make their own LCD panels as far as I know. Hell they might even use some Samsung manufactured panels. But somehow their televisions still seem so much better to me as far the polish they put into them, the quality of the tuner, the interface, and everything about them basically. Samsung's just seem to have alot of problems. Sony DVD/blu ray players are DEFINITELY better (samsung = crap in this department). Sony makes relatively average audio components equipment even at the highest end, but Samsung is just pure crap by comparison. Sony makes solid computers that are overpriced. Samsung makes crap computers regardless of price. And so on...

2Chalupas

I disagree with the Samsung Sony opinion. I feel Samsung is on top of the marketplace when it comes to HDTVs. They pioneered LED TVs and currently have the best quality and most reasonably priced LED HDTVs. After comparing Sony, Samsung and Panasonic's 3D tech I also prefer Samsung. Also if you go to CNET and sort HDTVs by editor's review you have more Samsung TVs as the top highest rated for LCD, LED and 3D read TVs.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

[QUOTE="bphan"]

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

Martin_G_N

So you are saying that the Ipod has not taken over the Sony Walkman ?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I too believe gt5 will be a "movement".

i do have toadmit that it will be the first game i would buy if i ever get around to picking up the 3d glasses that go with my tv.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="Renzokucant"] hey... i lost 6 fingers in the war boy...... how dare you.. show some respect :(Renzokucant

lol how would I game

NES? ;)

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
These delays wouldnt be as painful except GT4 didnt come out until a year before PS3 launched. The launch of PS3 and releases of the GT series are not in sync to where GT5 could come out in say year 2 or 3 of PS3 lifecycle. If that were the case, no one would be saying anything about the 5 year development time. It took 4 years to develop GT4 after GT3, so why would you expect GT5 to take any less time? I don't need a Forza or GT every 2 years. That is overkill. Unlike a fictional racer like NFS or Motorstorm, tracks and cars in the real world do not change enough to have truly fresh content after only 2 years. You can improve other technical aspects, but the core content isn't going to change that much.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

So bang for your buck is relative to age of something? Odd.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Renzokucant

coasterguy65

lol how would I game

NES? ;)

kinect!!
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
people who hate consoles make me wanna lol
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I hate the X console because it's not real...man that thing sucks.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

[QUOTE="Martin_G_N"]

[QUOTE="bphan"]

2Chalupas

I came out a bit strong with my statement:p. Apple is'nt exactly crap, but they have extremely overpriced hardware. Samsung has alot of massproduced Tv's that are crap, but they're best TV's are not crap. I am just sick of all these apple fanatics that thinks it's the second coming whenever they release a new shiny thing. The fact that you can't change your battery in an Iphone is pathetic alone, it also gets damaged pretty easily aswell. Both the Ipod and the Iphone has one big flaw, and that is itunes. You have to have it to transfer stuff, and that is my biggest complain. Sure, the build quality is very good when it comes to looks, but I doubt they beat Sony in durability. Apple's laptops feels very tight and solid, but for the same price you get a normal Windows laptop with better screen, hardware, and more freedom. Sony makes alot of different products, which is challenging. Everything from rubbish phones, to high end TV's that are very solid. Compared to Apple which only makes a handfull of expensive high end products that does'nt handle temperature changes.