I just purchased one of the best sports titles ever for $5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

Probably the best boxing game ever made, Punch out for Wii.  Atleast the most fun Boxing game ever.

I still remember the code for the last guy 007-373-5963 for you new schoolers. 

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Probably the best boxing game ever made, Punch out for Wii.  Atleast the most fun Boxing game ever.

I still remember the code for the last guy 007-373-5963 for you new schoolers. 

YourExpert

I'm sorry, but baseball stars for the nes is the best sports game ever and I am like the biggest fan for punch out and super punch out.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Baseball? Oh dear lordy... that game is not fun, I hope someone's kidding. It's better than NES Soccer yes... or Tennis, and the best Sports game there, but Punch-out seriously rocks.
afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts
Best? Hardly.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Best? Hardly.afdevil24
Best. Really.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
Pfff, it can only be the Mr. Dream edition. I'll take the first NES version.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yoshi_64
Pfff, it can only be the Mr. Dream edition. I'll take the first NES version.Panzer_Zwei
You mean Mike Tyson's Punch-Out? There's no difference except for the fact that youd don't fight "Mike Tyson" at the end, just "Mr. Dream." It only happened cause of the incident with Mikey boy, but I'm sure you know that... unless you just wanna say that just cause and I totally did this for nothing, cause I know you would know what I knew and... >.> yeah I'll shut it.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Pfff, it can only be the Mr. Dream edition. I'll take the first NES version.yoshi_64
You mean Mike Tyson's Punch-Out? There's no difference except for the fact that youd don't fight "Mike Tyson" at the end, just "Mr. Dream." It only happened cause of the incident with Mikey boy, but I'm sure you know that... unless you just wanna say that just cause and I totally did this for nothing, cause I know you would know what I knew and... >.> yeah I'll shut it.

I'll take Mike Tyson over Mr. Dream any day. Plus that cart is probably also $5.

Really, k.o'ing. Tyson was what made that game great when it released.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
Sorry, but its a scientifically proven fact that the best sports game of all time was NHL 94 on the Genesis.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 too_much_eslim

Baseball? Oh dear lordy... that game is not fun, I hope someone's kidding. It's better than NES Soccer yes... or Tennis, and the best Sports game there, but Punch-out seriously rocks. yoshi_64

Sorry I meant Baseball Stars. http://www.gamespot.com/nes/sports/baseballstars/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssimilargames&tag=similargames;img;1

afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts
[QUOTE="afdevil24"]Best? Hardly.LINKloco
Best. Really.

no point in arguing with a blind sheep...
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 too_much_eslim

Sorry, but its a scientifically proven fact that the best sports game of all time was NHL 94 on the Genesis.pundog

Joe Montana Sports Talk football is the best sports game period on the genesis.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yoshi_64

Really, k.o. Tyson was what made that game great when it released. 

Panzer_Zwei

I did a quick eBay and...

Well it seems very few almost reach $5 but then again, don't come out to it, plus you get to download and it's there and don't have to worry about it working and keep blowing. :P

Also, not true.. though somewhat, but not entirely. The music, the feel of being this little guy going up against the odds in a "Rocky"-esque sequence is what made it great. Yeah, no Mike Tyson to fight, but the game was still challenging, and fun just cause of it's core gamepaly.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

yoshi_64

Well it seems very few almost reach $5 but then again, don't come out to it, plus you get to download and it's there and don't have to worry about it working and keep blowing. :P

Also, not true.. though somewhat, but not entirely. The music, the feel of being this little guy going up against the odds in a "Rocky"-esque sequence is what made it great. Yeah, no Mike Tyson to fight, but the game was still challenging, and fun just cause of it's core gamepaly.

It's still the same great game of course. But if I can, I would rather play the MT version, but this can do too.
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YourExpert
WHo cares about tyson anymore.  WHen Mike Tysons punchout released Tyson was a legend and couldnt be beat.  Now he's some washed up has been who got knocked out by a nobody his last time out.  Tyson's a punching bag that mr dream would kill easily.   You do realize they fight exactly the same right?
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Panzer_Zwei

WHo cares about tyson anymore. WHen Mike Tysons punchout released Tyson was a legend and couldnt be beat. Now he's some washed up has been who got knocked out by a nobody his last time out. Tyson's a punching bag that mr dream would kill easily. You do realize they fight exactly the same right?YourExpert
Even more incentive to knock him out.

And I played the game when it released in '87, so I prefer the original version.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="afdevil24"]Best? Hardly.afdevil24
Best. Really.

no point in arguing with a blind sheep...

Don't need to be blind, nor a sheep to know the greatness of Punchout. Just a gamer with taste.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yoshi_64
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

It's still the same great game of course. But if I can, I would rather play the MT version, but this can do too.

Understandable. I'm sure if the incident with Mike Tyson hadn't happened, we'd get the MT version, but Nintendo just didn't wanna be associated with MT after the ear biting thing, so... yeah, what can ya do. Of course, I don't have to tell you this, I'm sure you obviously know.

Nice sig btw... Ulala rocks. :P In a way I think it'd be kind of funny and wierd if one was made for Wii. The game was never bent on graphics to begin with, and it might be fun... but weird too.. >.>

njpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 njpj
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

oh, I was thinking more of "3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures".

Oh, sorry, just such a stupid name for a game :D But punch out is awesome, it's kinda sad Mike's missing tho. I need him!

njpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 njpj
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

yoshi_64

Understandable. I'm sure if the incident with Mike Tyson hadn't happened, we'd get the MT version, but Nintendo just didn't wanna be associated with MT after the ear biting thing, so... yeah, what can ya do. Of course, I don't have to tell you this, I'm sure you obviously know.

Nice sig btw... Ulala rocks. :P In a way I think it'd be kind of funny and wierd if one was made for Wii. The game was never bent on graphics to begin with, and it might be fun... but weird too.. >.>

Just the ear thing? not the rape and assault rumors? :P Man that guy's nut, but he was a great game character, just the thought of being able to beat up the suspected drunk wifebeater kept me going, and going... 

Hyper-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Hyper-Chicken
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts
Punch-out!! is one of the very few sports games I like.
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 joeamis
Member since 2003 • 3010 Posts
MTPO the original is better, even though the only change is graphical.  But anyways Tecmo Super Bowl puts Punch Out AND Baseball Stars to shame combined.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Punchout!
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Panzer_Zwei

yoshi_64

Unfortunately, Tetsuya Mizuguchi (SEGA Rally/Space Channel/Rez creator) left SEGA after they merged with Sammy. He's the one making the Lumines and Meteos games now.

SEGA owns the Space Channel franchise, so they could make one, but it can be hard without Mizuguchi pushing the project.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yoshi_64
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Panzer_Zwei

Unfortunately, Tetsuya Mizuguchi (SEGA Rally/Space Channel/Rez creator) left SEGA after they merged with Sammy. He's the one making the Lumines and Meteos games now.

SEGA owns the Space Channel franchise, so they could make one, but it can be hard without Mizuguchi pushing the project.

Oh yeah, I do remeber that. Duh.. :P

I do realize that, unless Sega would let him make it, and Sega would just publish it... >.> Cause doesn't he work with Q? Entertainment now? If not, I guess he could just make a similar game to it, but it wouldn't be the same now would it? >.>

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#26 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts
Baseball Simulator 1.000 (SNES)
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

True, Punch-out is the most fun NES boxing game (but the most unrealistic). WAY better than lame "ring king", but still it's not anything like an actual sports game. Tecmo Super bowl is WAY better.  That game had every team and player. Season play, injuries, everything.  I am tempted to buy an old NES just so i can play that game on my TV.

Oh and somebody posted that NHL 94 (from EA i assume) for Genesis is the best sports game ever.  I would have to disagree and say Madden 95 was the best.  Then NHL 94.  I still have them and play them now and then.  Sadly you can get games for xbox for about the same price as Genesis, Snes, and Nes games.  Paying for a download is kinda dumb really, if you have the original console with the original controlers.  Plus you can get collections of games for like $20 for xbox or ps2 anyways.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 YourExpert
Tecmo superbowl?  It was good but not great.  Lets not forget that you could throw bombs all day in that game and complete most of them.  Oh and how about Bo jackson?  That guy was unstopable in that game.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts
yeah, but really are there any licensed football games on NES that are  better than Tecmo Superbowl?  I'm not saying its the best sports title ever or anything, im not crazy.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Tecmo superbowl? It was good but not great. Lets not forget that you could throw bombs all day in that game and complete most of them. Oh and how about Bo jackson? That guy was unstopable in that game.YourExpert

This guy wins.  Tecmo Superbowl is the best sports game on NES.