Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts
@recloud said:

@with_teeth26: the critics said it, the industry says so, the metacritic score corroborates it.

Bit too much credit to gaming critics, these bufoons who spout out "GOW is about skill, not button smash like dmc or bayonetta" and:

On topic the games a solid 9

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#52 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@howmakewood said:
@recloud said:

@with_teeth26: the critics said it, the industry says so, the metacritic score corroborates it.

Bit too much credit to gaming critics, these bufoons who spout out "GOW is about skill, not button smash like dmc or bayonetta" and:

i mean, i'm a 'critic,' my reviews appear on Metacritic (not for God of War, someone else reviewed it for the site I write for, though the person who did review it gave it a slightly lower score than I would have).

and I'm just some random dude who plays games and has some basic writing skills, I don't have any kind of degree in journalism or anything like that. the bar for becoming a video game 'critic' and having your reviews appear on MC is pretty damn low.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@tgob89 said:

@Juub1990: Sure sure kiddo. You crushed me with your opinion. LMFAO

oh look, another alt.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Because of the fact that Bloodborne is very much a Souls game (blood echoes? LMAO they're souls) GoW is the best game on PS4 imo. I preferred Nioh to Bloodborne and GoW to both. Its in the top 3 of the gen for me.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@howmakewood: @with_teeth26: so? Their opinions are more important than random people on SW. You can debate this all you want, the game is still an instant classic. Just like bloodborne, HZD and the uncharted series before it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cainetao11

@with_teeth26 said:
@recloud said:

@with_teeth26: right, must be why it's the fast selling PS4 exclusive and it sold 5 million in one month.

Instant classic, whether you like it or not

it sold fast since there weren't many other big games coming out around then and it was well reviewed.

i don't think sales are a good metric to determine if a game is a classic. it also doesn't really have any new or unique ideas. its just a well executed AAA game

Look at Metacritic!!!!!! Other people's opinions equals FACT!!!!! What the hell is wrong with you?!!!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#57 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@recloud said:

@howmakewood: @with_teeth26: so? Their opinions are more important than random people on SW. You can debate this all you want, the game is still an instant classic. Just like bloodborne, HZD and the uncharted series before it.

but i'm a random person on SW who is also a critic

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 cainetao11

@recloud said:

Who decided this?

Nobody's opinion of a game is more important to me than mine. I'm the one that's paying for the game and spending my time playing it.

You want to be a slave to others, go right ahead but that doesn't apply to anyone else.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10543 Posts

@Pedro said:

No desire to replay at the moment. Probably next year.

yeah this. won't be in any mood to return to for some time.

solid 8/10 for me. good, not great

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1484 Posts

It's not that great honestly. Level design and puzzles are incredibly bland and straightforward and the camera is still a nuisance in combat.

Boss fights were pretty shit and unmemorable as well, which is kind of suprising considering the director did GoW2.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@recloud:

And yet, it's still an opinion. The only thing your comments proves is that more people lies in agreement with your opinion about GOW, even I agree with your opinion, but it's still just an opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Juub1990: So it released recently and you forgot how good it was? Doesn't sound like it was good if you forgot that already lol.

Sounds like a mediocre game if you've forgot it already.

INB4 cows and their sales and scores shtick lol

PS...an update that allows you to skip cut scenes, now that's sad :(

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@i_p_daily: Better that than not having any worthwhile exclusive for the past 2 years.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34757 Posts

@tgob89: It's great you like the game so much. But don't be so salty when others don't. I even said the game looks good. However, open games are almost always very repetitive, making them hard to finish before getting bored with them. I know it's hard being a huge fanboy and hearing something negative about the company you've pledged allegiance to (LOL), but please, do stfu.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Instant Classic just like the original.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@Litchie said:

@tgob89: It's great you like the game so much. But don't be so salty when others don't. I even said the game looks good. However, open games are almost always very repetitive, making them hard to finish before getting bored with them. I know it's hard being a huge fanboy and hearing something negative about thecompanyyou've pledged allegiance to (LOL), but please, do stfu.

When did I say anything about a COMPANY dumbass? I was talking about the game which you probably didn't even play.

The fact that you even suggest with your pea brain logic that my comments had anything to do with an allegiance or company shows how fanboy driven your original comments were.

Don't talk about being a fanboy when your reply to my comment about your stance on the game is you saying it's hard for me to hear something negative about the "company"? LMFAO

Sit your stupid ass down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Litchie said:

@tgob89: It's great you like the game so much. But don't be so salty when others don't. I even said the game looks good. However, open games are almost always very repetitive, making them hard to finish before getting bored with them. I know it's hard being a huge fanboy and hearing something negative about the company you've pledged allegiance to (LOL), but please, do stfu.

Aren't all games repetitive to a certain extent?

Can you name a game that isn't?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tgob89

@boycie said:
@Litchie said:

@tgob89: It's great you like the game so much. But don't be so salty when others don't. I even said the game looks good. However, open gamesare almost always very repetitive, making them hard to finish before getting bored with them. I know it's hard being a huge fanboy and hearing something negative about the company you've pledged allegiance to (LOL), but please, do stfu.

I'm honestly curious, I don't think this guy even owns a PS4 much less GOW but talking like he knows anything about it.

lol it's not even really an open world game. It's actually more hub style similar to the Souls games.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#69 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Same here.

I beat it on hard when it came out, and started GoW mode last week. I'm hooked again. What a damn good game!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Litchie
@tgob89 said:
@boycie said:
@Litchie said:

@tgob89: It's great you like the game so much. But don't be so salty when others don't. I even said the game looks good. However, open gamesare almost always very repetitive, making them hard to finish before getting bored with them. I know it's hard being a huge fanboy and hearing something negative about the company you've pledged allegiance to (LOL), but please, do stfu.

I'm honestly curious, I don't think this guy even owns a PS4 much less GOW but talking like he knows anything about it.

lol it's not even really an open world game. It's actually more hub style similar to the Souls games.

Umm. That's great and all, but we were talking about Horizon. lol. You were so fast to jump in and defend you forgot to read. All that arguing about the wrong game. lol

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Litchie
@boycie said:
@Litchie said:

OK, repetitive maybe wasn't the best word, since of course, all games are to a certain extent. I meant that in open world games you are usually given a pretty small number of different tasks to do, then do them over and over again until the game ends. This makes a game feel very repetitive to me.

You can argue that Super Mario is repetitive, because all you do is run and jump. But no stage in Mario is the same, so they don't feel as repetitive to me as, for example, an Assassin's Creed game. You constantly get new obstacles, new powerups, new environments, etc. in Mario games. Open world games usually gives you lots of samey mundane tasks in order to make the game feel longer and deeper, but only shows the developers lack of imagination and makes you feel like you're playing a checklist.

I don't really expect you to understand what I mean with this since many don't. I'm also not the best at explaining what I mean in a language that isn't my own. Call this "twaddle" if you want.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tgob89

@Litchie: Sooooo....did you play both Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Litchie
@tgob89 said:

Why would I say that Horizon LOOKS good if I had played it? And the only thing I said about GoW was that I think it's good it's not a movie game.

Seriously dude..

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By tgob89

@Litchie said:
@tgob89 said:

Why would I say that Horizon LOOKS good if I had played it? And the only thing I said about GoW was that I think it's good it's not a movie game.

Seriously dude..

So...that's a big fat NO then?

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Way to talk out your ass, Dismissed!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Litchie
@tgob89 said:
@Litchie said:

@tgob89: It's great you like the game so much. But don't be so salty when others don't. I even said the game looks good. However, open games are almost always very repetitive, making them hard to finish before getting bored with them. I know it's hard being a huge fanboy and hearing something negative about thecompanyyou've pledged allegiance to (LOL), but please, do stfu.

When did I say anything about a COMPANY dumbass? I was talking about the game which you probably didn't even play.

The fact that you even suggest with your pea brain logic that my comments had anything to do with an allegiance or company shows how fanboy driven your original comments were.

Don't talk about being a fanboy when your reply to my comment about your stance on the game is you saying it's hard for me to hear something negative about the "company"? LMFAO

Oh didn't see this reply. It was pretty funny so I might as well reply.

You were the one who called me a fanboy. Clearly you couldn't handle a taste of your own medicine. LOL

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Litchie
@tgob89 said:
@Litchie said:
@tgob89 said:

Seriously dude..

So...that's a big fat NO then?

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Way to talk out your ass, Dismissed!

I can't have opinions about how games look before playing them? Huh. I had no idea. You are the one who's got trouble reading. Don't go accusing people of shit because of it.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tgob89

@Litchie said:
@tgob89 said:

You were the one who called me a fanboy. Clearly you couldn't handle a taste of your own medicine. LOL

Yeah, it looks like I was spot on about you not touching the game either. Surprise surprise, DISMISSED!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Litchie said:
@boycie said:
@Litchie said:

OK, repetitive maybe wasn't the best word, since of course, all games are to a certain extent. I meant that in open world games you are usually given a pretty small number of different tasks to do, then do them over and over again until the game ends. This makes a game feel very repetitive to me.

You can argue that Super Mario is repetitive, because all you do is run and jump. But no stage in Mario is the same, so they don't feel as repetitive to me as, for example, an Assassin's Creed game. You constantly get new obstacles, new powerups, new environments, etc. in Mario games. Open world games usually gives you lots of samey mundane tasks in order to make the game feel longer and deeper, but only shows the developers lack of imagination and makes you feel like you're playing a checklist.

I don't really expect you to understand what I mean with this since many don't. I'm also not the best at explaining what I mean in a language that isn't my own. Call this "twaddle" if you want.

I'm not going to call it 'twaddle' I'm going to call it a rational measured response.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Litchie

@boycie: :)

You're always very nice. Probably the best poster on GameSpot. Keep up your great attitude, I wish I was the same. :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Litchie
@tgob89 said:
@Litchie said:
@tgob89 said:

Yeah, it looks like I was spot on about you not touching the game either. Surprise surprise, DISMISSED!

Yeah, since I totally went on and on about how much I have played the game, you sure showed me! Try reading next time you're gonna argue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Juub1990: So you're saying that PC hasn't had any worthwhile exclusives in the past 2yrs, well its no wonder you play forgettable PS4 games, i feel sorry for you :(

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@i_p_daily: Man piss off. Your act is lame.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@Juub1990: So you're saying that PC hasn't had any worthwhile exclusives in the past 2yrs, well its no wonder you play forgettable PS4 games, i feel sorry for you :(

^ ^ ? Ironic coming from a lem considering how shit your lineup has been this gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Juub1990 said:

@i_p_daily: Man piss off. Your act is lame.

The only thing lame here is you & your thread, because if this game was so good you wouldn't have forgotten that fact in a mere 3 months, either that or if the game is as good as you claim then maybe you're suffering the early stages of Alzheimer's.

Either way it sucks to be you :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

^ ^ ? Ironic coming from a lem considering how shit your lineup has been this gen.

And yet I get all the great racing games, and you are stuck playing GT Sport & Driveclub in VR

TQHBO.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

@i_p_daily: the only reason people dont forget about Forza is because they rehash it every year. You're like one of those people who buy a console only to get FIFA each year. You're the lamest type of gamer out there if you can even call yourself a gamer.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By QuadKnight
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

And yet I get all the great racing games, and you are stuck playing GT Sport & Driveclub in VR

TQHBO.

? Playing racing games in VR shits all over playing on a flatscreen like a clown like you. You would know this if you played anything outside of Flopza on your Flopbone. It's absolutely disgraceful you call yourself a racing fan and have zero experience in VR because you're tied to a failing console.

I also play Project cars in VR on my PC in addition to Driveclub and GT Sport in VR, and after I've played those games in VR nothing on Earth would make me go back to playing on a flat 2D screen again.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

it's a great game, but the bosses are a weak point, also i didn't care for the Atmosphere. the Valkyries are the real boss 0_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zappat: Ah look who it is my alt stalker with its dumb comments.

You cows can't seem to nail me down, one minute i don't play games, next i only play racers, i'm not a gamer, and next minute i am lol.

Thanks for the laughs and the free rent i have living in your mind lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight: Useless info as usual from you quack.

You play Driveclub and in VR, yeah i'll stick with Forza thanks lol.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Zappat

@i_p_daily: it's pretty clear that you're not a real gamer or a racing fan. You're on every PS4 thread crying and you only mention Forza, that's basically all you are about. Lame.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@quadknight: Useless info as usual from you quack.

You play Driveclub and in VR, yeah i'll stick with Forza thanks lol.

Quack is on crack if he thinks racing in VR on PS4 is good. The graphics take a BIG hit, and you only race like one AI. I tried it briefly, and it was immediately apparent that VR has a long way to go before I hop on that wagon.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I definitely need to prioritize this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zappat said:

@i_p_daily: it's pretty clear that you're not a real gamer or a racing fan. You're on every PS4 thread crying and you only mention Forza, that's basically all you are about. Lame.

So im not a real racing or gaming fan, and yet all I talk about is Forza, you do realise that Forza has racing in it & is a game right???

The only thing that is clear here is your lack of intelligence, are there any other stupid comments you would like to make little moo moo alt?

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zappat

@i_p_daily: mooo mooo i like only movies

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: @babyjoker1221: Coming from two idiots who think Flopza is the pinnacle of racing lol. I can’t take clowns seriously who rewind in racing games. Only soft bellied simps rewind in a racing game.

VR racing Is the future of all racing games including your beloved Flopza. ? You can bet money that next gen Flopza will have VR and I can’t wait to read your responses then.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: @babyjoker1221: Coming from two idiots who think Flopza is the pinnacle of racing lol. I can’t take clowns seriously who rewind in racing games. Only soft bellied simps rewind in a racing game.

VR racing Is the future of all racing games including your beloved Flopza. ? You can bet money that next gen Flopza will have VR and I can’t wait to read your responses then.

Easy there buddy. Don't get too salty.

Funny how "flopza" horizon 3 has more players than GT.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@babyjoker1221: ofcause it has more players than GT. I mean what else do you lems has to play a side from halo gear Forza lol. PlayStation has way more games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
deactivated-5fac80ec445f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
Member since 2017 • 155 Posts

Meh, it was good but the combat left a bit to be desired. I preferred the old games to be honest. It's a solid 8/10 for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#100 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@i_p_daily: Driveclub in VR is absolute trash. I've played some interesting stuff when I had my PSVR but Driveclub is easily among the worst games available in VR.