I doubt Sony's console system will fail

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yahiko182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Yahiko182
Member since 2004 • 599 Posts
I heard that development for games is more favorable for the PS3 than the 360. Apparently they've been able to unravel more mysterys about the Cell Broad Band Processor. Technically it still tops over quad core technology. Anyway a guy from Electronic Arts said that development for games is looking better for the PS3. I heard it from a different thread. The developer has been around since the original Nintendo system, so I guess it should to be true unless the thread was a whole big lie. But another fact that you should know is that the 360 will hit it's technological peak at the end of 2007. The PS3 will progress for the rest of it's console life cycle. Eventually games will look better than Kill Zone 2's tech video. So hold tight cause once the PS3 reduces in price and shows off it's power it will WOOP BUTT. Also the PS3 has the most upgrade ability as well(you can upgrade it's hard drive and it's Operating system example:Windows Xp, Vista, etc). Another thing is that PS3 has a new processor, Blu-ray(for HighDefinition), best compatibility for High Drfinition 1080:p, and it has a ton of extra slots (USB,Flash, etc) it also comes with free wi-fi. Also the system is made under Sony you can believe in a company with more experience than Microsoft right? You can beleive in a company that builds systems to excel right? IF you really know Sony very well and read the specs and heard developers talk you'll realise the PS3 is not behind at all. 360's countdown of losing the war has already begun Kill Zone 2 will most likely whip Halo3. If it has good graphics, 4 palyer co-op on wi-fi(Since the majority of PS3 units will ahve wi-fi), 20 players in a MP map, a longer story line than Gears of War(8 hours),KIll Zone 2 (over 8 hours),and the blu-ray disk will be loaded with content it will own Halo3 if it doesn't it'll still bring PS3 back up there. The only advantage Halo 3 has is, is that it's a very anticipated sequal. But if you want a list of sequals coming out for the PS3 here's:Kill Zone2,Metal Gear Solid 4,Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII(even though technically it's not a sequal FF series have always been good), And if your worried about inovation, Sony stands second(because it's technologically inovative by bringing new stuff into the market) in Inovation this generation Wii is first, PS3 second, 360 is last.

I'll tell you why.
360 has tri-core technology (that's nothing new just a processor that copies intels technology)
HDDVD(Only company that supports HDDVD besides Microsoft is Toshiba now that's sad)
Graphics card ATI card, ATI hardly ever comes up with better technology then Nvidia, to tell you the truth Ati only improves upon Nvidia Cards. Nvidia devlops new technology and Ati follows up on it. Not the most innovative graphics card company.The only time Ati goes ahead of Nvidia is when they make there own stuff and that almost never happens.
20 Gb Hardrive (that doesn't even include the 360 core system)
And a 3 dollar monthly fee for XBox live, well 3 time 12 is 36 dollars in a year. 6 times 36 is like 216 dollars just dto use Xbox live from the day it was launched until the console's life- cycle is over.
I also find it's cooling system very problamatic. First of all it's because of the fact that people have to replace the 360 constantly. Some people replace 4 times or so. The PS3 on the other hand can run just fine for three days straight according to someone who bought the PS3 on newegg.

This is all of 360's new technology not very impressive is it. Comparing to Wii and PS3 not Inovative at all.

You also have to consider the fact that games didn't look top-notch until Gears of War came on to the 360 and that took a whole year. It was a great game it was enough to make you gasp. Maybe if you give Sony's console system an extra year you'll realize that Kill Zone2 won't make you gasp but gape. Anyway you can think of it that way or plain out bash the system just because the only thing you see is Gears of War and you only believe what you see currently and you don't think futuristically.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
without reading that  i can still 100% say the ps3 will not flop or fail
MoneyGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MoneyGa
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts

I stoped reading when he said "killzone 2 will whip halo 3. Come on now

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#4 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts
Wall O' Text
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
You obviously know nothing about video cards, nonetheless the video cards in either console. The Xenos is MUCH more advanced than the RSX. The overall system architecture is better in the 360 as well. Learn about the hardware first, then come back and try to argue your point.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
The Cell bottlenecks itself. I'm sure that's fun to develop for.
holy_yu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 holy_yu
Member since 2004 • 922 Posts
I don't know why but I find it extremely annoying to read something when it's all slanted one side. Care to fix it?
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
The Cell bottlenecks itself. I'm sure that's fun to develop for.Cpt_Meh
lol
MoneyGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MoneyGa
[QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"]The Cell bottlenecks itself. I'm sure that's fun to develop for.-GeordiLaForge-
lol

lmao
MoneyGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MoneyGa
WAIT WAIT STOP RIGHT HERE HE IS TALKING ABOUT KILLZONE 2 BEING GREAT LOOK AT HIS USER PIC ITS HALO !
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
I love these "I heard it from some guy" posts. Ask you "source" about those massively powerful SPEs on the Cell. You know, the ones that can only access 256K (yes k) of memory and can't access the freaking main memory themselves. Oh, it so much fun programming on this "supercomputer." You're right, it's too bad those 3 "copied Intel" (as you put it) cores on the 360 are actual processors. Go back to kindergarden, you've failed.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Your argument seems predicated on the 360's developers not improving their techniques as well. That won't be the case. Also, how is the 360's CPU a knock-off of Intel technology? It's a PowerPC CPU! IBM created the technology used in the 360's CPU, not Intel, and IBM has been releasing multicore CPUs for some time now. So much is wrong with your post that I can't even bring myself to continue. Go educate yourself, then come back.
Yahiko182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Yahiko182
Member since 2004 • 599 Posts
lol
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
The Cell bottlenecks itself. I'm sure that's fun to develop for.Cpt_Meh
What is this bottleneck similarity. It doesn't ever make sense.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
I love these "I heard it from some guy" posts. Ask you "source" about those massively powerful SPEs on the Cell. You know, the ones that can only access 256K (yes k) of memory and can't access the freaking main memory themselves. Oh, it so much fun programming on this "supercomputer." You're right, it's too bad those 3 "copied Intel" (as you put it) cores on the 360 are actual processors. Go back to kindergarden, you've failed. Tony_aaaa
360 cpu only has 256 cache on each of the 3 cores. You don't know what cache means :(