I Don't Know Why People Are Hyping Mirror's Edge...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Boogie_J
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

EA is making it :?

I mean, they don't make bad games, just unspectacular games. Some people are even hyping this as one of the greatest games of all time. I just don't think Ea is capable of crafting a classic

Avatar image for ragdollsrock012
ragdollsrock012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 ragdollsrock012
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
EA is definitely capable!
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. It's being made by DICE, who are pretty damn good at their job, I expect this game to deliver a better experience than majority of the games coming out his year.
citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 citizen-zero
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
EA isn't making it...DICE is developing, EA is publishing....Topic Phails. Do your research.
Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
DICE is making it, the people who brought you Battlefield 2.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?
citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 citizen-zero

EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?locopatho

EA "brought" me none of those titles. EA only develops sports games......They PUBLISHED crysis, burnout and Rockband....you can't really screw something up when you're the publisher.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Albanian_Killa

EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?locopatho

EA didn't bring any of those titles. EA published those titles. EA brings sports games usually. Crytek brought Crysis. Criterion brought Burnout Paradise. Harmonix brought Rock Band.

EA tends to screw up when they develop games theirselves, unless once in a blue moon they bring a great title, like FIFA 08.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

incase people haven't realized it yet, EA has changed...

That "City-State" model isn't them making **** up. They really are just letting their developers do their thing.

Good developers make good games. EA knows this. So they just let their developers make good games and then, in return, they make profit from the good games getting good sales.

EA owns some fantastic developers now. Criterion, DICE, BioWare, Maxis and Pandemic. Those developers are just making their games. And they are making good games.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?citizen-zero

EA BRINGS NOTHING...they PUBLISH. All EA makes is sports games......

and medal of honor, correct me if im wrong.

Gamerdude599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gamerdude599
Member since 2008 • 146 Posts
It looks like its gonna be good but not amazing.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horrowhip

[QUOTE="locopatho"]EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?Albanian_Killa

EA didn't bring any of those titles. EA published those titles. EA brings sports games usually. Crytek brought Crysis. Criterion brought Burnout Paradise. Harmonix brought Rock Band.

EA tends to screw up when they develop games theirselves, unless once in a blue moon they bring a great title, like FIFA 08.

EA own Criterion now. So, technically, they developed it themselves.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I mean, they don't make bad games, just unspectacular games. Some people are even hyping this as one of the greatest games of all time. I just don't think Ea is capable of crafting a classic

Boogie_J

EA arent making it :|

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?citizen-zero

EA "brought" me none of those titles. EA only develops sports games......They PUBLISHED crysis, burnout and Rockband....you can't really screw something up when you're the publisher.

[QUOTE="locopatho"]EA who brought you Crysis, Burnout Paradise and Rockband. AAA games all. Am I the only one who likes EA?Albanian_Killa

Yup just like they're publishing this one too ;)

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horrowhip
[QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

lawlessx

EA arent making it :|

TECHNICALLY, EA IS making it... EA owns DICE.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Boogie_J

Fail. For reasons already mentioned.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

No.

Mirrors Edge is looking good.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
ITT: people who think developers EA bought aren't actually EA.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horrowhip
[QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

InsaneBasura

no, you like 20 other people in this thread fail.

EA owns DICE. So, technically, EA is making Mirror's Edge. Just like they are making Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Mercenaries 2, Saboteur, Next Burnout, Spore, The Simes 3, Battlefield 3, and countless other titles... And technically, they made Burnout Paradise and Battlefield: Bad Company.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
EA also made Rockband, Spore, and Crysis. What's your point?
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 horrowhip

EA also made Rockband, Spore, and Crysis. What's your point?metroidfood

Technically, EA only "made" Spore from those 3.

citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 citizen-zero
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

horrowhip

EA owns DICE. So, technically, EA is making Mirror's Edge. Just like they are making Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Mercenaries 2, Saboteur, Next Burnout, Spore, The Simes 3, Battlefield 3, and countless other titles... And technically, they made Burnout Paradise and Battlefield: Bad Company.

OH DEAR GOD....They're like the Soviet Unioun....

ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts
Lol, whoever says Mirror's Edge is going to be the greatest game this gen FAILS. MGS4>>>>>>>>Mirror's Edge.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Boogie_J

EA publishes silly head. DICE is developing.

citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 citizen-zero

Lol, whoever says Mirror's Edge is going to be the greatest game this gen FAILS. MGS4>>>>>>>>Mirror's Edge.ArrancarVizard

MGS4 isn't that great...It's just a great story...Kojima should have written a book

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
It's something unique.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

horrowhip

You could argue that back and forth but OP fails either way.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Well we haven't seen any real gameplay videos, only these colorful trailers, so yeah, I don't know why people are hyping Mirror's Edge. It's like hyping Killzone 2 because of the CGI movie. People should wait until they see gameplay footage, but hey, let them hype what they want.

reltihlieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 reltihlieh
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
EA isn't making. Thye publish the game, not make!
citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 citizen-zero
Those videos ARE gameplay!!!!
Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Boogie_J
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

still, i refuse to put my faith in any game EA is remotely involved in, even if if DICE is making it, EA is the mother company and still has the final say.

i don't trust them.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

I don't know anything about the gameplay, but the graphics look great... actual colors!

As for EA, they are still evil... just not as evil as they used to be. If Spore is as great as the hype I'm giving it, I'll even say that EA is neutral... even good.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

Seeing as EA owns alot of good devs, I don't understand all the hate.

Oh and another game that EA (not one of the studios it owns) actually makes is Need for Speed. So they make: Sports, Medal of Honor and Need for Speed.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Albanian_Killa

still, i refuse to put my faith in any game EA is remotely involved in, even if if DICE is making it, EA is the mother company and still has the final say.

i don't trust them.

Boogie_J

Look how Battlefield 2 turned out. FIFA 08, developed by EA Sports turned out great too. EA isn't a Nazi regime. They're a company that have been making **** moves, but seem to be fixing that by putting some faith on new IPs, which I like.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Well we haven't seen any real gameplay videos, only these colorful trailers, so yeah, I don't know why people are hyping Mirror's Edge. It's like hyping Killzone 2 because of the CGI movie. People should wait until they see gameplay footage, but hey, let them hype what they want.

ReverseCycology
That trailer IS gameplay according to devs, they showed it to Eurogamer a while back the exact same level from the trailer.
ragdollsrock012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ragdollsrock012

EA isn't making it...DICE is developing, EA is publishing....Topic Phails. Do your research. citizen-zero

Close enough.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 InsaneBasura

ReverseCycology

The first trailer was gameplay footage. Anyway, it has a clean, distinct, colorful artstyle, parkour has been great in most other games featuring it, first person perspective is interesting, has a relatively intriguing plot and the whole premise and presentation of it is cool and slick. Plus it's developed by DICE. I think that's more than enough reasons to be looking forward to it.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I have to admit something, I actually felt quite woozy watching the trailer, like motion sickness :P I don't like the games art style to tell you the truth.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horrowhip
[QUOTE="horrowhip"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

InsaneBasura

You could argue that back and forth but OP fails either way.

yeah. I think that EA makes some great stuff.

I sort of forgot about the topic when people started spouting that EA isn't making the game...

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
A lot of you guys really don't know wtf. Madden? That's made by another dev that EA acquired like a decade ago, now EA Tiburon. EALA? Also used to be another dev before EA acquired them a long time ago, and they're Medal of Honor / C&C, among others. EA Black Box? Another dev EA acquired, and they did Need for Speed / Skate. There's only a handful of exceptions.. EA Canada (FIFA!) and EA Montreal were both brand-new studios built from the ground up. So where's the invisible line one draws in the timeline where something isn't really 'developed' by them anymore? Burnout or Battlefield or Spore today is 'made by EA' just as much as Madden, FIFA or Fight Night. The thing is they used to try to impose a corporate culture on a lot of the devs in the past, but stopped doing that around the time they bought DICE and Criterion 4ish years ago. Maxis has pretty much always had the freedom in Wil Wright's case. So yeah, now they give all the devs a fair amount of autonomy to do things their way, but it's definitely developed under their umbrella. Just like... say, Activision and CoD4 / Tony Hawk / GH3, they're all outside devs that Activision acquired. EA did distribute/publish a few games that were big, but not many... Rock Band, Hellgate: London, Crysis and The Orange Box I think. They had much more of a hand in something like Rock Band than they did in Hellgate or Orange Box, though.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
tbh it looked quite cool... although i only hype sequels
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#42 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
DICE makes great games and I can't wait to see how it turns out though I just wonder how online will work
ragdollsrock012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ragdollsrock012
There's online? Sweet.
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

Boogie_J

DICE is making it . They made Battlefield Bad Company (8.5 game ) so it has potential.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
Lol, whoever says Mirror's Edge is going to be the greatest game this gen FAILS. MGS4>>>>>>>>Mirror's Edge.ArrancarVizard
Eww...MGS4 is NOT the greatest game and NEVER will be.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

Not just EA. More specifically, it's being made by DICE, the guys that bought us Battlefield.

I think that they are more than capable of delivering.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="ArrancarVizard"]Lol, whoever says Mirror's Edge is going to be the greatest game this gen FAILS. MGS4>>>>>>>>Mirror's Edge.AtrumRegina

Mgs4>>>>>> The xbox360 as a whole.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

EA Dice has a short but good track record

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=company&mode=79084

With that said i'm not hyping Mirror's Edge..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 locopatho

[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"][QUOTE="ArrancarVizard"]Lol, whoever says Mirror's Edge is going to be the greatest game this gen FAILS. MGS4>>>>>>>>Mirror's Edge.AgentA-Mi6

Mgs4>>>>>> The xbox360 as a whole.

Nope.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
its being made by DICE :| EA is publishing it, do your reserch before you comment