I can't believe that there is only 10k or less on average online on Uncharted 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

I know that if this was a Halo/Gears/Forza/Etc type game that launched on 360 there would be hella more people playing. Where are you Cows?! Its bad when a game comes out and there are game modes I can't even find people to play with. The Co-op is awesome but sometimes I can't even find a game. I do play really late at night but still. I can pop on Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 on 360 and find a match in anytype of game I want Co-op, Terrorist Hunt, Deathmatch, Ranked, etc etc. That game isn't a flagship title and has been out for years. It is kind of upsettting that a game this great has so little players.

Edit : For those saying "I got it for single player", thats fine. But Naughty Dog put a lot of modes and polish in the MP and it will be a barren wasteland in 6 months if this continues.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
That's pretty sad numbers..
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

Most people bought the game for singleplayer:roll: I know I did.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

it's mainly a single player experience...no surprise

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

short of playing coop, why play it online? its essentially been done many times before and better. The only thing unique about it is climbing up things and surfice to say onless thats faster its just a bother since you die and you gotta climb all the way back up.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

I'm not done with the sp yet. Which is awesome btw.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#7 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
I got a glut of games to play at the moment (just finished BL, going to work on U2 and DS next, probably starting with U2). Haven't even seriously thought about online yet.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Link of this?

I'm pretty sure everyone's busy working on single player right now, personally I'm on my crushing playthrough, which is my last tropy before platinum.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

I average 12-16000 players :?

Anyways, a lot of my friends are still on SP, most have migrated to MP though.

I dont really care, as long as I find players. Hopefully it increases

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

short of playing coop, why play it online? its essentially been done many times before and better. The only thing unique about it is climbing up things and surfice to say onless thats faster its just a bother since you die and you gotta climb all the way back up.

WilliamRLBaker

I dont think you've played it.

Anyway i dont find much time to play online cuz i'm still very busy with the single player.

jkhd831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jkhd831
Member since 2009 • 687 Posts

well lets count how many people r playin single player......

if tht were possible

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alpha-Male22

WilliamRLBaker

That's not how climbing really works-- the "traversal gameplay" is very unique-- u get up stuff quite quickly, there are many shortcuts, and it has Halo-Like damage so u can make it to a certain place if an enemy starts shooting at you, though I rarely die like that.

Also, there aren't any spectacularly amazing hights that you have to climb, but a lot of nifty little places to climb up.

Online play is very fun.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

12,000 online early this morning here. I think if you put it all together prolly safe to say theres prolly easily 80-100,000 a day if not more online with u2.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alpha-Male22

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

brennan7777

I dont think you've played it.

Anyway i dont find much time to play online cuz i'm still very busy with the single player.

SP is great. Im on Chapter 7 on Crushing mode, I desire that Platinum :P

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

I know that if this was a Halo/Gears/Forza/Etc type game that launched on 360 there would be hella more people playing. Where are you Cows?! Its bad when a game comes out and there are game modes I can't even find people to play with. The Co-op is awesome but sometimes I can't even find a game. I do play really late at night but still. I can pop on Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 on 360 and find a match in anytype of game I want Co-op, Terrorist Hunt, Deathmatch, Ranked, etc etc. That game isn't a flagship title and has been out for years. It is kind of upsettting that a game this great has so little players.

SpideR_CentS

I have been playing the Co-op(Gold Hunt, Survival mode) no problems at all late night as I'm in the ATL. Though it did only show 12K people online. That is about the same that were on the free demo. It is a little dissapointng considering how great a game this is. I don't really like online but this one has me hooked. I need to play some co-op missions also. Not sure why the number isn't at least in the 30k plus range.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Yeah when I log on I usually see between 10k and 16k players online =/.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alpha-Male22

12,000 online early this morning here. I think if you put it all together prolly safe to say theres prolly easily 80-100,000 a day if not more online with u2.

GreyFoXX4

WaW does 70-100,000. UC2, a primarily SP game, does not have WaW numbers I'm sure.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

I bought the game for the single player experience. The online play is just a bonus.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Even with 10k online you're never going to have problems finding anyone to play with...

I don't see the big deal. There's peak hours and low hours. Perhaps you caught it at a low hour? *gasp* :shock:

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Bought it for the single player portion, plus I have other single player games I'm playing and beating...I'll be sure to jump online once I'm finished with these other games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

CDUB316
Sounds like damage control. Cows have been hyping the MP as better than Gears. Yet they don't flock to play it? The PS3 just doesn't move games the way the 360 does, so less available online players. I'm picking it up tomorrow, TC so I'll jump in with you.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

cainetao11
Sounds like damage control. Cows have been hyping the MP as better than Gears. Yet they don't flock to play it? The PS3 just doesn't move games the way the 360 does, so less available online players. I'm picking it up tomorrow, TC so I'll jump in with you.

I think it's because Sony doesn't advertise nearly as much =/. They really need to start if they want the same numbers as the 360 (consistently).
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I have yet to buy my copy. Not enough cash.

This game tends to have long legs in the long run. The more time it passes more gamers will join in.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"][QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="CDUB316"]

I think it's because Sony doesn't advertise nearly as much =/. They really need to start if they want the same numbers as the 360 (consistently).

The $299 commercials are a good start.
Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
Come on you know Cows Just Brag about game they don't Play them
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 3rdbass

This game tends to have long legs in the long run. The more time it passes more gamers will join in.

tonitorsi

Man what is holding you back I'm sure you can scrape the money together somehow. We needyou online. Hey buynextgen.com has it for $48 with free shipping no tax except for FL.

try them even though they are kind of slow.

Or do Fry's for $50 if you have one. No excuse not to get it. LOL. JK. I know not eveybody has a lot of discretionary money to spend. I'm just trying to get you into buying it.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Did people actually think U2 was going to be a big multiplyer game? It's in the same league as GTA4. Fun for a while, then you move on to the real multiplayer games.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Toriko42
I think it's hilarious that some people in here are saying they bought this game for the SP when many Cows hyped the MP to all hell :lol:
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Toriko42
Did people actually think U2 was going to be a big multiplyer game? It's in the same league as GTA4. Fun for a while, then you move on to the real multiplayer games.xsubtownerx
Last time I checked a ton of people still played GTA IV online
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
MP is frigging sweet as hell.
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
multiplayer isnt that great judging from the multiplayer beta.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
multiplayer isnt that great judging from the multiplayer beta. Nidget
Its great
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 3rdbass

multiplayer isnt that great judging from the multiplayer beta. Nidget

Well that is a matter of opinion as I find it quite addicting especially the co-op modes. Not really a deathmatch type of player. I'm sure U2 will do fine with online for the long haul. I don't see any reason that is wouldn't as more and more people pick up the game. This is a game that will grow fans over time as the product is top notch for both the SP and MP aspects.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

GreyFoXX4

And thats just sad for a flagship title. What will it be in one month? 6 months? I remember getting on Halo at 1am after midnight madness and there where like 200.000 people online at once. Before the first day of release. Its sad that there are modes that I can't find people to play with.

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
Single player is all anyone cares about
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

3rdbass

Man what is holding you back I'm sure you can scrape the money together somehow. We needyou online. Hey buynextgen.com has it for $48 with free shipping no tax except for FL.

Or do Fry's for $50 if you have one. No excuse not to get it. LOL. JK. I know not eveybody has a lot of discretionary money to spend. I'm just trying to get you into buying it.

Hehe, must feel very lonely there at theMP without this mofo around huh:P

Damn, you've given me like 1,000 website to get this game. But gotta say $48 dollars is fantastic. Does shipping counts? I'll look into that.

'Neways, my monei came up short payin' bills man. :(

I've been thinking of either taking the option you gave me of $48 dollars, or the risk of going to Gamestop and trade somemy games to get it. :?

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alpha-Male22

I think it's hilarious that some people in here are saying they bought this game for the SP when many Cows hyped the MP to all hell :lol:Toriko42

I don't see the correlation. Yes, the MP was hyped, because it was great.

I don't see how a few people loving the MP on these boards equates to the average # of players.

People were very surprised with the MP as it was concerned to be tacked on. UC was built around SP and many people bought it for that.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 3rdbass

[QUOTE="3rdbass"]

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

tonitorsi

Hehe, must feel very lonely there at theMP without this mofo around huh:P

Damn, you've given me like 1,000 website to get this game. But gotta say $48 dollars is fantastic. Does shipping counts? I'll look into that.

'Neways, my monei came up short payin' bills man. :(

I've been thinking of either taking the option you gave me of $48 dollars, or the risk of going to Gamestop and trade somemy games to get it. :?

Yeah shipping is free but it is kind of slow. Hey but if you have a lot saved up in trade-in at gamestopdo it there. I justwent online Tuesday night as I was concentrating on the SP first. You will love the SP but it does feel a little bit easier than the first one. I'm sure they did that to make it more accessible to the masses. Well hope you get it soon so it will be easier to play with a friend.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Come on you know Cows Just Brag about game they don't Play themdevilsoultaker2
That's probably why they don't sell as much either :P The ownage game is all they care about I guess
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I think it's hilarious that some people in here are saying they bought this game for the SP when many Cows hyped the MP to all hell :lol:Alpha-Male22

I don't see how a few people loving the MP on these boards equates to the average # of players.

People were very surprised with the MP as it was concerned to be tacked on. UC was built around SP and many people bought it for that.

Indeed. I'm sure the mp is great but as far as I'm concerned U2 does'nt need mp. I'll complete the sp twice and move on the Brutal Legend. It's been a long time since this has happened but I have a bloody queue of games I need to play and finish. I'm not even done With Batman:AA yet :?

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"]

SpideR_CentS

And thats just sad for a flagship title. What will it be in one month? 6 months? I remember getting on Halo at 1am after midnight madness and there where like 200.000 people online at once. Before the first day of release. Its sad that there are modes that I can't find people to play with.

Servers will probably get shut down in like 2 years due to it being pretty much dead. Pity, look at Halo 3's numbers 2 years after release.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Coop was a disappointment and I'm really not into deathmatch. The single player is freaking stellar though. I'm happy.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
The MP in Uncharted 2 is pretty good. Nothing super amazing but it's enjoyable and I've sunk a few hours in it already. I bet most people are either bogged down with other new games or haven't finished the single player yet (MP does have some spoilers in some ways).
Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
LOL PS3 needs a Multiplayer game than People Play other than COD
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Didn't the girlfriends not know it was game instead of a movie for 2 days straight, so maybe people didn't know it had multiplayer. :P

But yeah, that's pretty weak numbers, but all that matters is getting in games and having fun.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I have zero intention of ever playing UC2 multi. I only played it or single...whereas a game like Halo ONLY shines in Multi. Singleplayer experience has been very bland since Halo 1.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I think it's hilarious that some people in here are saying they bought this game for the SP when many Cows hyped the MP to all hell :lol:Alpha-Male22

Look at Gears of War though That game didn't have a very robust online component at all, it just happened to be a lot of fun. In my time with UC's online I find it to be the same. UC2 just isn't getting the same support other blockbuster titles get, it's that simple. People ought to shine up to UC2's online though, it kills KZ2's and it's one of my favorites of the year just from the 5 hours I played on my Neighbour's PS3. Too bad there's not splitscreen though.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 3rdbass

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I think it's hilarious that some people in here are saying they bought this game for the SP when many Cows hyped the MP to all hell :lol:Filthybastrd

Indeed. I'm sure the mp is great but as far as I'm concerned U2 does'nt need mp. I'll complete the sp twice and move on the Brutal Legend. It's been a long time since this has happened but I have a bloody queue of games I need to play and finish. I'm not even done With Batman:AA yet :?

Yeah, I need to go back and play Batman AA. I started it and thought it was cool but just got busy and then OCT has come with DS, U2, Borderlands and R&C CIT and I don't know where I will get the time to play Batman. I'm still making some time though for U2 MP as it is really addictive.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#49 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
Online games' popularity is really unpredictable. From everything I've read, Naughty Dog put a lot of time into online and it's great...but the vast majority of people would rather still play COD: MW. I guess it's pretty rare for online games to really have huge popularity -- the Halo and Call of Duty series are the only ones that are played years after their release by a ton of people.
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
I played so much of beta that i don't feel like playing U2 multiplayer anymore lol