i can't believe that alot of you are turning your backs on

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

sony when they gave us the best two gens 1 and 2. they also added around 80 million new gamers. the most AAA's ina gen. just because there struggling in there first ever 11 mouths we all go omg sony sucks. sence when because of one year sad really.

LAST GEN COMPLAINTS

falty hardware, milking with multitap and add-ons ect. (but this gen it is ok with falty hardware, add-ons right.)

no good on-line (so for the first time ever they made a ps that is made for on-line from the ground up.)

l2 and r2 buttons get stuck under the plastic (so they made it differant.)

no hardrive.

not anuff fps

LAST GEN POSISTIVES

dvd player out of the box.

great games but it took the entire gen to get the amount of great games not 11 mouths in its cycle.

getting the largest first party of studeos. (still are the largest and still added more of them.)

NOW THIS GEN PS 3

upscale dvd/blu-ray player

no more falty hardware (it is not cheap to makequality and as powerful it is so it gets hot = not cheap to make. microsoft had a hard time doing this and make it in the price piont.)

launch with a great fps.

no more multitap. heck you can even have 4 controllers and three headsets all wireless at the sametime with up to 7 bluetooth devices.

internet browser for the first time everyou don't need to worry aboutvirus

hardrive.

add-on you get everything you need out of the box.

our beloved sequals are all coming and new ips what more do you want

sony was sued so no rumble but you guys complained anuff that they paid the millions to get it back for you guys

made sure that on-line gaming is free (did you now if you had a xbox from day one all tegether you spent 350 dollar so far to play online but that is ok)

no more battery changing with wireless i now some of you are going to say that we will have to buy a new controller when battery dies but don't realize the battery will last ten years which is better to take out battery everytime you need to charge it).

yes i nowalot aremultiplat now but we also have not lost any. i now multiplat ports are not as good as 360 but that your falt and buyingall thosefalty system if you guys just staid with sony the multiplats would have been ported to the 360 instead.

how come last gen the complaints are what is ok for the 360 except for the on-line and it is ok to pay 350 dollars sence you started on-line gaming.

microsoft has one console to concintrate on while sony has psp, ps 2, ps 3 on there table and home/on-line service, going to third parties to make them understand the cell better, working with there huge first party dev ect make sure the games come. all of this at the sametime. that alot for any devision to think about and time.

so stop and think about what your doing to the largest game industry company. the most loved first parties.

is it me our is the 360 fans are the ones getting milk (there hardrive=100, hd-drive, battery back how much is that thing, 50 dollars a year to play on-line gaming, wifi 100 bucks, you buy a new tv with hdmi = buy a new console.)

ps 3 all you need is a hd wire.

hope you guys read my wall of text that nice and spaced out for you guys.

p0g0theclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 p0g0theclown
Member since 2005 • 2364 Posts
looks like someone is trying to justify buying a ps3, whats up no games to play?
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

sony when they gave us the best two gens 1 and 2.

No they didnt.

they also added around 80 million new gamers.

How does that affect me and my enjoyment over the games there are?

the most AAA's ina gen.

Not compared to the PC.

just because there struggling in there first ever 11 mouths we all go omg sony sucks.

Do you really think this is the best they can do?

sence when because of one year sad really.

Because tacking on $600 to that really doesnt make it any sweeter.

As a pc gamer, Sony never had me, and wont unless they improve dramatically.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

i only turned my back on sony becuase they turned their back on me as a gamer.

i don't want bluray...i didn't ask for bluray...i don't need a hd player... i didn't ask for a $600 price...

yet there they went... they deserve what they get, imo...

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts

:| Please take some spelling lessons

As for your point, fanboys will be fanboys.

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Still trying to justify your purchase. Don't worry, just wait. :lol:
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
Punctuation is your friend...
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
Why should I care if I "turn my back" on a faceless corporation? I have as much loyalty to Sony as I do the company who makes my lawnmower. In fact I can't even tell you what kind of lawnmower I have.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts

Sure Sony gave us PS1, PS2 and a respectable PSP, But as of right now they are acting like complete idiots just ninteno did with N64 and beyond.

PS2 8 players= $68

Xbox 4 = $120

360 4= $120- $150

GC 4= $90

Wii 4= $ $180

PS2 didnt rip us.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

Are you asking people to buy the PS3 because of brand name?

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
And people turned their backs on Nintendo regardless of the fact that Nintendo saved console gaming. If you intend to buy a PS3 purely because you like the PS1 & PS2 then you are the problem with capitalism.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#13 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

So their last 2 systems were good. That doesn't mean i should be giving them my money this time.

the ps3 is expensive, has feature i will never use, and doesn't have any games i want to play. Why shouldn't i turn my back on sony?

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

jet052006

Cows bought the PS3 because of the brand name, and because the hardware itself looks sleek and modern and would be an aesthetic enhancement to their household.

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Brand Loyalty :lol:

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts

Brand Loyalty :lol:

buuzer0

I think Brand Loyalty fits Nintendo more.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GARRYTH
good point with nin. some of you had good points but some of you all ways have just wait or use spelling lesson, no games to play. i do play games, and in a few weeks there are plenty of games i will be buying. i went through 3 ps 2 and i rather spend another 200 more because i bout the 500 model than a 300 console hundred that i had to keep replacing meaning ps 2.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

looks like someone is trying to justify buying a ps3, whats up no games to play?p0g0theclown

You cant play WarHawk, RFOM, HS and Motorstorm... No games huh?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

LOL what a load of fanboy garbage. I'm not loyal to any company. they didn't to anything out of the goodness of their heart. they do things for $ my money. if sony is sucking this gen then what happened to Nintendo after snes will happen to sony.

btw Garryth, what portable music player do you have? 10-1 it's not a sony walkman.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="jet052006"]

Zeliard9

Cows bought the PS3 because of the brand name, and because the hardware itself looks sleek and modern and would be an aesthetic enhancement to their household.

thank you see i did not buy it because it had sony on it only it is because of the complaits i listed above they fixed them and now i have a no disk tray to break, no more buttons to break, no more sucky on-line, no more buying multitap ect out of a box that i only spent 200 more dollars.
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
If you regtret your PS3 purchase and want to justify it, sure, many cows do that here, completly understandable. Just get a 360 and stop whinning!:P
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GARRYTH
brand lawalty if they made a brick that had the largest % falty console in the history of gaming i would have not bout one.
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts
How did they give the best two generations? Did the NES and SNES/Genisis generations never exist?
Tingle-Tuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Tingle-Tuner
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts
wow @ thread. Roast beef anyone?
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GARRYTH
If you regtret your PS3 purchase and want to justify it, sure, many cows do that here, completly understandable. Just get a 360 and stop whinning!:PArt_424
lol don't you see i really don't because they fixed all the complaints i had last gen = regrets wow
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
[QUOTE="jet052006"]

Zeliard9

I bought it because it was the best and cheapest Bluray player available at the time.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts
600 dollars and no games to justify the purchase of one of the most expensive gaming consoles
RaveRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RaveRabbid
Member since 2006 • 1587 Posts

sony when they gave us the best two gens 1 and 2. they also added around 80 million new gamers. the most AAA's ina gen. just because there struggling in there first ever 11 mouths we all go omg sony sucks. sence when because of one year sad really.

LAST GEN COMPLAINTS

falty hardware, milking with multitap and add-ons ect. (but this gen it is ok with falty hardware, add-ons right.)

no good on-line (so for the first time ever they made a ps that is made for on-line from the ground up.)

l2 and r2 buttons get stuck under the plastic (so they made it differant.)

no hardrive.

not anuff fps

LAST GEN POSISTIVES

dvd player out of the box.

great games but it took the entire gen to get the amount of great games not 11 mouths in its cycle.

getting the largest first party of studeos. (still are the largest and still added more of them.)

NOW THIS GEN PS 3

upscale dvd/blu-ray player

no more falty hardware (it is not cheap to makequality and as powerful it is so it gets hot = not cheap to make. microsoft had a hard time doing this and make it in the price piont.)

launch with a great fps.

no more multitap. heck you can even have 4 controllers and three headsets all wireless at the sametime with up to 7 bluetooth devices.

People have been using this feature for free since last gen. Its nothing new........ Sony is just trying to keep up.

internet browser for the first time everyou don't need to worry aboutvirus

Useless feature. Doesn't work properly. My Iphone safari browser is leagues ahead of the PS3 browser. Don't need to worry about viruses??? Where did you come up with that myth??

hardrive.

Been standard since last gen......... Sony is trying to keep up.

add-on you get everything you need out of the box.

Nope. I didn't get any HD cables. What about a headset?? Didn't get that either.

our beloved sequals are all coming and new ips what more do you want

Sequels are great if done right but............ having to wait 2 years??? Thats 3 years into next gen gaming. For some the wait is too long.

sony was sued so no rumble but you guys complained anuff that they paid the millions to get it back for you guys

They should have included rumble as a standard feature considering its been standard for two generations now. Instead, they gave the fans a gimmick controller.

Now they want the fans to shell out another $50 to upgrade their controller. No thank you. Many previous and future games won't even take advantage of this rumble feature this holiday season. Not very pleased.

made sure that on-line gaming is free (did you now if you had a xbox from day one all tegether you spent 350 dollar so far to play online but that is ok)

Considering there are better games to play on the Xbox live along with more advanced features, I would expect Sony's online offering to be free and nothing more. Oh, I paid $30 for Xbox live ($2.50 a month..... the cost of burgers and fries) for a superior experience.

no more battery changing with wireless i now some of you are going to say that we will have to buy a new controller when battery dies but don't realize the battery will last ten years which is better to take out battery everytime you need to charge it).

This is actually a disadvantage. Once the battery dies (which it does rather quickly compared to the X360 and Wii controller), you will have to stop your gaming session and recharge the battery or play very close your tv.

The other two controllers can use rechargeable batteries (paid $1 per battery) and you can continue playing without interruptions at a very small price. Sony didn't really think this one through.

yes i nowalot aremultiplat now but we also have not lost any. i now multiplat ports are not as good as 360 but that your falt and buyingall thosefalty system if you guys just staid with sony the multiplats would have been ported to the 360 instead.

That makes no sense and yes its Sonys fault because of the PS3 architecture and bottlenecks.

how come last gen the complaints are what is ok for the 360 except for the on-line and it is ok to pay 350 dollars sence you started on-line gaming.

Online gaming... superior on X360 (excluding GeOW) with better integrated and convenient features. Heck PS3 can't even get the voice chat feature to remain standard across all games. Last gen feature, step it up Sony.

microsoft has one console to concintrate on while sony has psp, ps 2, ps 3 on there table and home/on-line service, going to third parties to make them understand the cell better, working with there huge first party dev ect make sure the games come. all of this at the sametime. that alot for any devision to think about and time.

so stop and think about what your doing to the largest game industry company. the most loved first parties.

is it me our is the 360 fans are the ones getting milk (there hardrive=100, hd-drive, battery back how much is that thing, 50 dollars a year to play on-line gaming, wifi 100 bucks, you buy a new tv with hdmi = buy a new console.)

Hard drive is free with the premium package. Two Rechargeable batteries cost $2 - $3. Xbox live cost me $30. No need for Wifi in many cases. Never bought a new tv since component provides the same picture quality as HDMI.

ps 3 all you need is a hd wire.

hope you guys read my wall of text that nice and spaced out for you guys.

GARRYTH

Summary: Sony is making an effort but not enough to make a difference.

Bdking57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bdking57
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
Why would american citizens, buy a foreign product and support a foreign economy, instead of supporting our own economy and supporting MS who made the largest charitable contributions in history. Wouldnt it be better to not turn your back on America then to Sony? Its far better proposition to buy american... and definately when its the superior product. The japanese think that way.
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Art_424

[QUOTE="Art_424"]If you regtret your PS3 purchase and want to justify it, sure, many cows do that here, completly understandable. Just get a 360 and stop whinning!:PGARRYTH
lol don't you see i really don't because they fixed all the complaints i had last gen = regrets wow

Your right, they fixed everything except, Affordable price andGreat games!!!:lol:

Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Art_424

How did they give the best two generations? Did the NES and SNES/Genisis generations never exist?sHaDyCuBe321

Well in a cows world, the Playstation is the first console ever created!:shock:

p0g0theclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 p0g0theclown
Member since 2005 • 2364 Posts

[QUOTE="p0g0theclown"]looks like someone is trying to justify buying a ps3, whats up no games to play?Gamersince81

You cant play WarHawk, RFOM, HS and Motorstorm... No games huh?

sorry and what else really as i played the other ps3 on 360 many a month ago

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Well Idk. I turned my back on Sega along time ago and I at first turned my back on Nintendo last gen. This gen I turn my back on Microsoft and Sony. So far the only 2 PS3 exclusives I've had fun with are Resistance and Warhawk. I'm only interested in Uncharted and Ratchet(barely) so I say so far its justified.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty nice list of features you have there, but really convinced me was all the must-have games you listed. Oh, wait... nevermind.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GARRYTH
Why would american citizens, buy a foreign product and support a foreign economy, instead of supporting our own economy and supporting MS who made the largest charitable contributions in history. Wouldnt it be better to not turn your back on America then to Sony? Its far better proposition to buy american... and definately when its the superior product. The japanese think that way.Bdking57
lol if there so layal to america why not make the console in america maybe it would have a less deffective rate. did you now that the cell was designed right here in texes but ow well. and sence when is a deffective console superior product. it does not come with those great games you have that micrsoft should not get credit for except halo because all they do is through money at third parties and say here is a million make a game for me see you when the game launches. except for halo 3 what is the last AAA first party game from them.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GARRYTH

nope i had

turbo graphixs 16

nes

snes

atari linx handheld

genesis

turbo graphics cd

gba

gba sp

gamecube

im 30 i have been gaming for 18 years or so. i did not turn my back on nin just sick of mario will by a wii for my son so i can play the games i want. 360 is just to falty right now but maybe in the future not a fps fan

then they changed my faverite game ever super metriod and changed it to a fps

it is just that sony is having a bad 11 mouths but everyone i see that is a 360 fans and nin say sony sucks period.

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

[QUOTE="Bdking57"]Why would american citizens, buy a foreign product and support a foreign economy, instead of supporting our own economy and supporting MS who made the largest charitable contributions in history. Wouldnt it be better to not turn your back on America then to Sony? Its far better proposition to buy american... and definately when its the superior product. The japanese think that way.GARRYTH
lol if there so layal to america why not make the console in america maybe it would have a less deffective rate. did you now that the cell was designed right here in texes but ow well. and sence when is a deffective console superior product. it does not come with those great games you have that micrsoft should not get credit for except halo because all they do is through money at third parties and say here is a million make a game for me see you when the game launches. except for halo 3 what is the last AAA first party game from them.

You keep dropping the "360 is a defective product" as if its news. Yes. We know about RRoD. Still, it's more affordable than the PS3 and it has better games. GAMES matter more than anything.

And NEWS FLASH: The PS2 had defects too!!! Ever heard of Disc Read Error? That didn't stop it from having some great games though, did it?

JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts
Probably because I'm not loyal to a brand. Sony's not a member of the family they're a mega corporation so why should I be loyal to them? The only thing they've been loyal to is my wallet. It amazes me how many Sony fanboys have this kind of blind loyalty to a company. Like you owe them something. I've given Sony plenty of my money over the years, I owe them nothing. I like the PS3 but they over estimated people's willingness to pay $600 for what most consider a gaming console. I still plan on buying one myself when Sony drops it to $399 and then it will be because it will be worth it to me not because I owe them anything. Very strange to have a sense of loyalty to amulti-billion dollar corporation. :?
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts

sony doesn't care about gamers anymore. they made a blu-ray player not a game machince. they even said it's not a game machine. :lol: gamers, like me, want a gaming console and not an overpciced pos that has features that aren't needed for gaming.

360 FTW

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GARRYTH
so for the people saying it is not a gaming machine. i guess a compute is not a gaming machine anymore right guys.
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
well from the start sony were hyping it as this super awesome computer that would replace your pc but so far it hasnt done much that hasnt already been done before. PS1 was an rpg gamers heaven some of the best rpgs suikoden 2. Oh such happy memories
:D
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Actually, the PS3 is doing just fine for it's first year. If you look at sales numbers and not shipped numbers, you will see that the PS3 is doing better in it's first year than the 360 did.
RaveRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RaveRabbid
Member since 2006 • 1587 Posts

Actually, the PS3 is doing just fine for it's first year. If you look at sales numbers and not shipped numbers, you will see that the PS3 is doing better in it's first year than the 360 did.l-_-l

Actually, its doing worse. Its been dipping below both the Wii and X360 sales numbers.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&align=1

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
I still have a PS2 which I still play, so no. PS3 is useless right now.
Teh_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Teh_Bob
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

so for the people saying it is not a gaming machine. i guess a compute is not a gaming machine anymore right guys.GARRYTH

Urgh,I take the time to read your posts please take the time to spell check them.

The point people are making is that when they buy a console they primarily want to game on them. Thats the most important thing. Sony's aim this gen was to force feed Blu Ray to the consumer and games were secondary as the disgraceful lack of games for the PS3 demonstrates.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

looks like someone is trying to justify buying a ps3, whats up no games to play?p0g0theclown

Damn, you beat me to it... :shock:

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
i didn't get a playstation 2 till at least 2005, thats a full 5 years after it came out, i didn't turn my back on sony, sony stabbed mine when it released bare bones amount of games and expects me to waste 500 dollars on there cheap blu-ray player, thats why i turned my back on sony.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts
I will care about Sony once they stop packing in useless features to their console. There's no way I'm paying for something that I will never use.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

so in other words even though they dont have games that appeal to me much i should blindly support sony.