i believe ps3 is a next-gen hardware

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
and 360 is a last-gen system...it was cool in 05.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#2 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts
They are both last gen compared to a high end PC.
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts
They are both last gen compared to a high end PC.swazidoughman
I'd have to agree with swazi here. If you're gonna talk about graphics, the Desktop PC has almost unlimted potential in that department. Still, I spend most of my time playing with my PS3.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
Your on a roll eh TC?
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WutTimeIsIt
They are both last gen compared to a high end PC.swazidoughman
i dont got a problem with PC's, i got a few myself lmao.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Last gen/next gen what does it matter? They are both using over 2 year old hardware, they are both obsolete by today's hardware standards.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WutTimeIsIt

Last gen/next gen what does it matter? They are both using over 2 year old hardware, they are both obsolete by today's hardware standards.

AnnoyedDragon
360 hardware is much, much older than 2 years. get your facts straight fanboy.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#8 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts
[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

WutTimeIsIt

You're terrible at trolling.

Even by SW standards.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
and 360 is a last-gen system...it was cool in 05.WutTimeIsIt
Yeah but whats the point of having better hardware if all your good games arent being used at their full potential because they are being developed with the 360 in mind as well.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]and 360 is a last-gen system...it was cool in 05.webbut
Yeah but whats the point of having better hardware if all your good games arent being used at their full potential because they are being developed with the 360 in mind as well.

Killzone 2 spits on your comment. plus many of the upcoming PS3 big boys
DragonxanderPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 DragonxanderPR
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

Consolewise, I definitely agree on the PS3 being a next gen system. Consider this:

-Most games of the 7th gen so far don't need more than 25 GB of disc space to be stored. The PS3 can read Blu-Rays up to 400 GB/16 layers. With that tremendous storage capacity, the console would witstand many games that have 8th gen size.

-By being a somewhat overpowered console for its era, the PS3 would have a higher chance of selling plentifully when 8th gen consoles arrive.

-Sony wants their consoles to have a 10 year market life. And with the PS3, that market life is supossed to be achieved if profitability is to be reached.

-The DualShock 3/Sixaxis has broad enough command imputs that would be necessary the next gen.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AnnoyedDragon
[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

WutTimeIsIt

I said both consoles are outdated by today's hardware standards because they are both using over 2 year old hardware.

You decided to make sure I knew 360 was the oldest of the two; and yet I'm the fanboy? I'm a exclusive PC gamer, I have loyalties to neither console.

Here's the thing, determining console hardware specification takes place long before they are announced. It is likely both PS3 and 360 set their hardware in stone around the same time; it is just 360 released early, which it is now paying for with hardware failures from lack of extensive testing.

My point was arguing which is more next gen than thou was pointless because they are both obsolete hardware from around the same time, you sir are the fanboy for trying to argue PS3 is any different.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#13 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
The TC has won me over to his side all thanks to his compelling argument.
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

KZ2 is being paid for by Sony and has been 4 years in development it better be the best thing ever to come out in gaming but the cracks are already appearing in the reveiews none more so than that by Edge eh?

Who has the better development support from the whole gaming software sector? Oh yeah the 360 that's right all the multiplats are written on the 360 and ported to the PS3 with inferior results.

Oh and why have the most expensive console around in a WORLD WIDE RECESSION???????????????

TC I respect the fact that you love your PS3 and want to tell the world about it but you're going to get shot down a hell of a lot.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

AnnoyedDragon

I said both consoles are outdated by today's hardware standards because they are both using over 2 year old hardware.

You decided to make sure I knew 360 was the oldest of the two; and yet I'm the fanboy?

Here's the thing, determining console hardware specification takes place long before they are announced. It is likely both PS3 and 360 set their hardware in stone around the same time; it is just 360 released early, which it is now paying for with hardware failures from lack of extensive testing.

My point was arguing which is more next gen than thou was pointless because they are both obsolete hardware from around the same time, you sir are the fanboy for trying to argue PS3 is any different.

so why generalize, why not be specific like i am trying to be. are you trying to hide something like the fact that 360 is last gen hardware?
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts
The PS3 hardware will be very outdated in 2012 or when ever the next xbox comes out
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WutTimeIsIt
bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention. Edit: Quoting Nomad's last comment
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

so why generalize, why not be specific like i am trying to be. are you trying to hide something like the fact that 360 is last gen hardware?WutTimeIsIt

On how about the fact their both current gen consoles with long outdated hardware... :o

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WutTimeIsIt
The PS3 hardware will be very outdated in 2012 or when ever the next xbox comes outjohnnyblazed88
LOL @ having to refer to future, of which you cannot see.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
does this pass as trolling now? the standards seem to be falling...
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nomad0404

bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention.WutTimeIsIt

GTAIV, Fallout 3, CoD4 all better on 360 need i go on?

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] 360 hardware is much, much older than 2 years. get your facts straight fanboy.WutTimeIsIt

You decided to make sure I knew 360 was the oldest of the two; and yet I'm the fanboy?

so why generalize, why not be specific like i am trying to be. are you trying to hide something like the fact that 360 is last gen hardware?

wow, your threads get worse and worse, all you keep saying is 360 is last gen can you tell us how, how the PS3 GPU is many gens in front even though there in the same gen..
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WutTimeIsIt
GTAIV ps3 is better, same with COD4, and Fallout 3 has been patched so your argument is cOLD.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpinoRaptor24

bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention. Edit: Quoting Nomad's last commentWutTimeIsIt

Yet games like The Orange box and FO3 look and play better on the 360.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AnnoyedDragon

so why generalize, why not be specific like i am trying to be. are you trying to hide something like the fact that 360 is last gen hardware?WutTimeIsIt

You are both obsolete/current gen hardware consoles, arguing otherwise shows what a deluded fanboy you are.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WutTimeIsIt

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention. Edit: Quoting Nomad's last commentSpinoRaptor24

lol who cares about an outdated last gen game like orange box...obviously, last gen 360 console owners. LMAO at even mentioning orange box, plz. if i didnt play half life back when ps2 was pwning xbox, what makes u think i would want to play it now that ps3 is out with awesome next gen games...portal? i could dl that game and delete it 1 and a half hours later off my pc wen im done with it....same with every other xbox exclusive game that is not exclusive at all cuz its on PC as well.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
i still wonder why the mods have done nothing about this guy, he has been trolling all day
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpinoRaptor24
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention. Edit: Quoting Nomad's last commentWutTimeIsIt

lol who cares about an outdated last gen game like orange box...obviously, last gen 360 console owners. LMAO at even mentioning orange box, plz.

Wow seriously? The Orange box is easily one of the best games to come out this gen:|

Stop being a fanboy.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

SpinoRaptor24

lol who cares about an outdated last gen game like orange box...obviously, last gen 360 console owners. LMAO at even mentioning orange box, plz.

Wow seriously? The Orange box is easily one of the best games to come out this gen:|

Stop being a fanboy.

valve is not worth my money, when there are greater games out now. nor will i ever purchase a game from them.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpinoRaptor24
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] lol who cares about an outdated last gen game like orange box...obviously, last gen 360 console owners. LMAO at even mentioning orange box, plz.WutTimeIsIt

Stop being a fanboy.

valve is not worth my money, when there are greater games out now. nor will i ever purchase a game from them.

You just lost what small amount of credibility you have.

My advice: Never post again.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AnnoyedDragon

lol who cares about an outdated last gen game like...WutTimeIsIt

valve is not worth my money, when there are greater games out now. nor will i ever purchase a game from them.WutTimeIsIt

And what exactly do you consider worth your money? Don't tell me it is just the big budget blockbuster titles?

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
i still wonder why the mods have done nothing about this guy, he has been trolling all day Dante2710
exactly what ive been thinking, if this isnt obvious trolling then what is...
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nomad0404

360 owns PS3

360 owns PS3 before that first one

So there you go you're in SW on GS and GS agrees with me not you TC so I think maybe you need to capitulate the argument!

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WutTimeIsIt
i wouldnt doubt if valve is secretly paid under the table by M$.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WutTimeIsIt

360 owns PS3

So there you go you're in SW on GS and GS agrees with me not you TC so I think maybe you need to capitulate the argument!

Nomad0404
if u think those links show 360 has better graphics cuz the dev team missed a water reflection, check your sources again. take a look at the two systems side by side With Your Own Eyes, and you will notive ps3 looks more realistic, while 360 looks boxy and drawn out.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

360 owns PS3

WutTimeIsIt
if u think those links show 360 has better graphics cuz the dev team missed a water reflection, check your sources again. take a look at the two systems side by side With Your Own Eyes, and you will notive ps3 looks more realistic, while 360 looks boxy and drawn out.

but then you look at true graphic factors, like Draw Distance, and you look at games like oblivion, and one even in your source comparisons, and many others, and you notice that the 360 hardware simple cannot keep up.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

360 owns PS3

While I agree that the TC is just trolling with flame bait here, if you honestly think that those graphics comparisons really solve anything, or prove "ownage" you're really nit-picking and a fanboy yourself. :| Ownage in a graphics comparison would be significant game-experience-changing differences that most people would notice immediately. Not what some people with magnifying glasses could come up with after 20 minutes of reviewing photos.
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
Compared to a PC, it is last-last gen. PS3 has something like a 7800. After that is the 8/9 series, Then after that is the GTX2** series.
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
If next gen means sitting there and collect dust, you are right on the dot buddy.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"][QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

360 owns PS3

While I agree that the TC is just trolling with flame bait here, if you honestly think that those graphics comparisons really solve anything, or prove "ownage" you're really nit-picking and a fanboy yourself. :| Ownage in a graphics comparison would be significant game-experience-changing differences that most people would notice immediately. Not what some people with magnifying glasses could come up with after 20 minutes of reviewing photos.

exactly, like Draw Distance. And how am i trolling? i am stating facts about ps3 and 360 on a system War forum, and i am defending the ps3 from falseness and lying, which i have mentioned many times before.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"]If next gen means sitting there and collect dust, you are right on the dot buddy.

its not my fault the ps3 attracts literally anything and anyone, including dust. :lol:
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"][QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

360 owns PS3

exactly, like Draw Distance. And how am i trolling? i am stating facts about ps3 and 360 on a system War forum, and i am defending the ps3 from falseness and lying, which i have mentioned many times before.

The initial post of this thread is basically flame bait. You post a statement of opinion, with no question for discussion or anything. If you wanted to make a solid, respectable argument, you should have constructed a better thread rather than just bashing a console you don't like and then waiting for the troops to rush in for its defense.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention. Edit: Quoting Nomad's last comment

You do realize that the 360 version of Bishock is better looking
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"] While I agree that the TC is just trolling with flame bait here, if you honestly think that those graphics comparisons really solve anything, or prove "ownage" you're really nit-picking and a fanboy yourself. :| Ownage in a graphics comparison would be significant game-experience-changing differences that most people would notice immediately. Not what some people with magnifying glasses could come up with after 20 minutes of reviewing photos.RotaryRX7

The initial post of this thread is basically flame bait. You post a statement of opinion, with no question for discussion or anything. If you wanted to make a solid, respectable argument, you should have constructed a better thread rather than just bashing a console you don't like and then waiting for the troops to rush in for its defense.

i made many threads worthy of discussion, but they all got locked because there were too many? and i was told to nest in one thread, so it may seem like im waiting "for troops to rush in for defense" but w.e.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="paul265"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]bioshock ps3 version and oblivion ps3 version would say ps3 versions are better than 360 multiplats...and many others which i dont have time to mention. Edit: Quoting Nomad's last comment

You do realize that the 360 version of Bishock is better looking

ps3 version has DLC, and more depth in color.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
And I guess PS3 was cool back in 06... no wait, never mind.
Your on a roll eh TC? IIJuggaNottII
Indeed. We gots ourselves a troll.
Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
endless graphic comparison war..it shouldn't be system war