I am worried about the PS3...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts

Okay, I am seriously consedring buying a ps3 but I am worried about something. I have been on a lot of gaming websites and thier forums and have seen a lot of doom threads for the ps3. Some of the users argue that there might be slight chance that if the ps3 doesn't do so well in 2009 that Sony might can it. Some arguments are compelling such as Sony having low yearly earnings and that they are in a very bad spot due to the bad economy (which doesn't make anything better). So my question is do you think that the ps3 might be is serious trouble or do you think that it is going to survive? Another thing that bothers me is that the ps3 constantly gets bad ports of multiplat games, so do you think in the future we will see devs making both versions of the game identical?

Thanks for you resoponses!

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I am pretty sure Sony is pulling the plug in April.

kratos-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kratos-7
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
If you want it, get it. I don't think you're going to see Sony just abanden the PS3 and gaming division when it's one of their most profitable even if they do finish 3rd. The games are there, the games are coming. Buy it.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

PS3 IS doomed! doomed i tells ya!!! *jumps out of window*

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The PS3 is in serious, serious trouble, it's like the Dreamcast but 10 TIMES WORSE.
981Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 981Master
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
i think its gonna be able to do ok. Sony are a big company and i think they can pull threw the harsh times
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts
ok ok the ps3 didnt do well this year but was it like that when the ps2 came out? i think 2009 will be the ps3 with the great games thats comming out for it
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

the ps3 is doing fine...

and the multiplats are basically identical now, devs had trouble with porting games from the 360 to the ps3 before because the tech was new, but thats over with. RE5 is a perfect example

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
The fact that it doesn't sell better than the competition doesn't means that it sells bad.
remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts
I'm worried about the ps3 too... I want to get one by next month. But I just dont trust Sony's decisions on things (Backwards Compatibility). I have an xbox360 but i'm seriously bored of it nowadays.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
the ps3 is fine, dont listen to those fanboys. they wont can the ps3, it wouldnt happen after all they invested in it. no possible way it would happen.
ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts
I'm worried about the ps3 too... I want to get one by next month. But I just dont trust Sony's decisions on things (Backwards Compatibility). I have an xbox360 but i'm seriously bored of it nowadays.remiks00
I guess we are both in the same boat XD
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Must be cause of the lack of awards it's been getting... Oh wait!
brokenps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brokenps2
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

The playstation brand will never fail, it has too much support. Its like nintendo, their past helped them in bad times. All thanks to their loyal fans.

Although any company can go from console making eventually (Atari, Sega)

larryb007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 larryb007
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
dont get a ps3 because you are board of your 360 that would be a waste of money just wait for some more games to come out for 360 or wait for a price drop for the ps3
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
PS3 is done for. Im throwing in my towel. Nice knowing ya sony-san. :(
Hathesulacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hathesulacon
Member since 2008 • 1374 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

holy crap u serious?
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Okay, I am seriously consedring buying a ps3 but I am worried about something. I have been on a lot of gaming websites and thier forums and have seen a lot of doom threads for the ps3. Some of the users argue that there might be slight chance that if the ps3 doesn't do so well in 2009 that Sony might can it. Some arguments are compelling such as Sony having low yearly earnings and that they are in a very bad spot due to the bad economy (which doesn't make anything better). So my question is do you think that the ps3 might be is serious trouble or do you think that it is going to survive? Another thing that bothers me is that the ps3 constantly gets bad ports of multiplat games, so do you think in the future we will see devs making both versions of the game identical?

ArrancarVizard

Meh, it's just the wishful thinking of fanboys. Ignore them.

The PS3's got a fantastic-looking future.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6972 Posts

The PS3 is not going to literally fail.

Yah, it's been a bad business investment, yah Sony is losing huge marketshare. Yah there's not much room to manoeuvre, especially around price right now.

But, it is still solid h/w, it is going to be around for years to come, and it is going to have many great games on it.

If you want one, go for it. There is nothing to be worried about.

Unless you are short of cash, in which case I'd say wait it out for a price drop and by the time that happens, there will be more great games.

Hitman533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hitman533
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts
I have come to the conclusion thanks to this thread that the PS3 is doomed and that my PS3 will suddenly stop working just because of some fanboy's opinion in a video game forum. :(
abmac713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 abmac713
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts

The PS3 has had a relatively poor reputation on a majority of forums in comparison to the 360 and Wii, since launch, so of course you're going to hear that. As for multiplatform games, mention of inferiority on the PS3 is much too exagerrated, most multiplats are not as poor as some claim them to be. On a personal note, next year seems to be another strong year for Sony in terms of a quality lineup. What's killing Sony is the lack of a price cut. If you really want one, my suggestion to you is to wait for a price cut, but the PS3 is far from kicking the bucket lol.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

April?! Bwahahaha! You give SONY too much credit.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="ArrancarVizard"]

well, ever though I believe that could happen sooner or later. I still think you've worry too much.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts
[QUOTE="ArrancarVizard"]

You're a huge lemming around here, it's not the first time I see you hating on the ps3. As for the ps3 it's going to be fine don't act like you're worried
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

cows have reason to be worried about the ps3

sales are terrible for playstation standards

the playstation brand went from 1st place, being the most dominant brand name in console history....to being dead LAST place in the console maket....all within a one generation transistion

that is a serious jump....and as a result, loads of former big name playstation exclusives are now jumping ship to be available on other platforms. final fantasy, dragon quest, tekken, devil may cry, virtua fighter, monster hunter, etc....etc...last gen, if you said all of these franchises would no longer be playstation exclusives, people would not believe you.

the playstation's downfall this gen will probably go down as the biggest downfall in gaming history.....yes, even bigger than nintendo's during the 64 era - and that is because the ps3 followed the most dominant console of all time (the ps2)

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

The PS3 is in serious, serious trouble, it's like the Dreamcast but 10 TIMES WORSE.Floppy_Jim

Surely you can't be serious!

SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts
BS. If it were headed towards inevitable failure, no one would be developing any games for it. There are loads of games for ps3 that won't even be out until next christmas. this is just my opinion. I don't sit around reading sales numbers pretending like i have stock shares. better things to do. but yeah theres never been a better time to buy a ps3 or to develop games for it.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
why dont you buy one and try it out yourself? forums have 0 credibility for the most part, if you dont like what it has to offer then return it
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts

The playstation brand will never fail, it has too much support. Its like nintendo, their past helped them in bad times. All thanks to their loyal fans.

Although any company can go from console making eventually (Atari, Sega)

brokenps2
Yeah but looked what happened to Nintendo after they lost their dominance of the NES ERA (PS/PS2 era for sony), they never recovered, serious market share decline every gen... Until the Wii which only got market share of a market that sony/ms don't play in.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

The problem with Sony is the same thing that plagued them from the beginning...PRICE...In the beginning the PS3 was a cheaper way to get BR as BR players were about 600-1000$.

Well you can now get BR players for 200$. So if this was Sonys excuse for higher pricing, then why not a considerable price drop now? The PS3 should only top out at 400$ tops.

Derek1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 Derek1177
Member since 2008 • 342 Posts
dont listen to those fanboys. The PS3 is much better. There are several new games coming out in 2009. and the reason why sony hasnt had a price drop is they keep improving it (except for the stupid taking away of PS2 backwards compatibility)with hard drive upgrades, Free Playstation Network, and Playstation Home.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
No worries. By one and be happy.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Ps3 is not even doom
Hellsing2o2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hellsing2o2
Member since 2004 • 3504 Posts

The PS3 is doing pretty lousy IMO. Most devs won't take the time to learn how to program effiently for the cell becuase it takes way to much time and money they just can't afford, and won't make back in sales.

And another thing.

I can't stand Sony's insistence on doing graphics with a damn CPU. Um Sony hello!, THATS WHAT THE GPU IS FOR you morons. They did it with the PS2 as well, Paired an under performing GPU with a relatively high performing CPU, and it annoys me greatly. If you want better graphics, get a better GPU!!! It's that simple! They made this incredibly complex CPU thats hard as hell to program for, And is not even worth the time, effort and money to use it to even the same performance level as the 360's CPU most of the time. Sony really needs to stop making dumbass decisions.

gunit3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gunit3000
Member since 2004 • 360 Posts
I'm actually more worried about the 360. What should I buy in 2009? I got plenty of good choice when it comes to PS3
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kyacat
I'm actually more worried about the 360. What should I buy in 2009? I got plenty of good choice when it comes to PS3gunit3000
the 360 will be find look there are some good looking games in 2009
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
Must be cause of the lack of awards it's been getting... Oh wait!Eddie-Vedder
Yeah, I'm sure you can play those.
tek91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tek91
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

No need to be worried about the PS3 it's doing good when it had it's price cut it was actually outselling the 360 and it is much better quality then the 360 it also has much better exclusives already in the library and coming MGS, LBP, Resistance, Home, God of War 3, Tekken 6, Uncharted 1 and 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, Flower, plus the games which are multiplatform GTA IV, Bioshock, Dead Space, Call of Duty, Fallout 3, Fear 2, Bioshock 2, Street Fighter IV, Resident evil 5 etc

yesterday I passed by a couple of gamestops and I saw a bunch of people in the PS 3 corner buying PS 3 games and in the wii area and no one in the 360 I kinda walked over to the 360 because I felt sad for it.

The PS 3 with it's library and line up to come is making alot of people want to buy it whats the 360 have coming Halo wars wow more fps and gta exclusives that's about it.

Ntl_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ntl_713
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Don't worry Sony will survive the ps2, the console is 10 years old AND it's still bieng sold, Sony wil survive atleast the system dosen't get alot of problems like the 360 with its rings of death, it'l survive good exclusives are bieng made, and no new ports to the ps3 aren't that bad or if they are the company who made the game just don't care about the ps3 so it's port was bad but I bet you the 360 version is good-.- I'm not trying to be biased but I'll always love the ps3 more
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kyacat
[QUOTE="tek91"]

No need to be worried about the PS3 it's doing good when it had it's price cut it was actually outselling the 360 and it is much better quality then the 360 it also has much better exclusives already in the library and coming MGS, LBP, Resistance, Home, God of War 3, Tekken 6, Uncharted 1 and 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, Flower, plus the games which are multiplatform GTA IV, Bioshock, Dead Space, Call of Duty, Fallout 3, Fear 2, Bioshock 2, Street Fighter IV, Resident evil 5 etc

yesterday I passed by a couple of gamestops and I saw a bunch of people in the PS 3 corner buying PS 3 games and in the wii area and no one in the 360 I kinda walked over to the 360 because I felt sad for it.

The PS 3 with it's library and line up to come is making alot of people want to buy it whats the 360 have coming Halo wars wow more fps and gta exclusives that's about it.

wrong 360 more games coming out beside Halo wars and GTA
LastRedMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LastRedMage
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
I'm not :|
MasteRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MasteRich
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
Don't ask a board filled with lemmings. The Ps3 is slated to have a 10 year lifespan. It's staying for good.
iRock_OBAMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iRock_OBAMA
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

After reading this thread, I crushed my PS3 and burnt the manual.

EDIT: Kept the CD's so i can trade them for cake.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

ArrancarVizard

You're listening to fanboys trying to make the PS3 sound bad.... Those people are not cool, and you should not listen to them. They pulled that info out of their asses because they want to feel cool, so don't worry. PS3 is doing fine, and it wont be "doomed" any time soon. So if you want to buy a PS3, then buy it. Don't rely on what haters say.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
TC, want to be on the safe side? Then you should look at the PS3 game library.
If it interests you, go ahead and buy.
If not, maybe you should wait and see how the PS3 fares in 2009. 8)
Lalucar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 Lalucar
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
There are way too many good games and Blu Ray movies coming out. Not only that go to VG Charts and it will show they are selling alot. Not as many as the 360 or Wii but its still alot.
Avatar image for PrinceofSarcasm
PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PrinceofSarcasm
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

ok ok the ps3 didnt do well this year but was it like that when the ps2 came out? i think 2009 will be the ps3 with the great games thats comming out for itWhiteknight19

seriosly the ps3 not doing good this year.....It pwnd the 360

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

ArrancarVizard
Dont listen to any of these negitive ppl. Ps3 has as of novermber 28 sold 16 million units all together. They are on the verge of haveing a explosive 09 with games like KZ2, GOW3, Uncharted 2, FF13 vs(which will be the best of the 2) Heavy Rain, Infamous, GT5 and rumuor of first time ever in video games 3D. Already been done with Blu-ray which sony is Co Developer along with the Cell which is going to be in medical equipment and future HD tvs. Dont worry make the right choice and get a PS3.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
[QUOTE="kyacat"][QUOTE="tek91"]

wrong 360 more games coming out beside Halo wars and GTA

09=360 PWNED by PS3 in quallity games.