I am Terribly Disappointed with the PS3

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoubra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shoubra
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

I have owned every single console this generation.

I sold my Wii, two months after launch. (I re-bought it last August, though).

My 360 died, and I was able to return it. But I bought my PS3 on January 2007. I never bothered returning it or selling it simply because I had faith in the console, even though it initially disappointed me with it's game offerings and limited online multiplayer.

I'm growing weary, now. I had thought that 2008 would be a fantastic year for the PS3, but I'm left in the dust again. I love the Sony brand, and I love what the PS3 has to offer, but I'm still not satisfied with the games.

I guess the only problem is that the PS3's great games for 2008 are releasing so close to each other. 2008 is a great year to be a PS3 owner, but if anything, patience is a virtue; and I have waited a long time to reap the benefits of being a PS3 owner.

Here's some notable exclusive titles:

Metal Gear Solid 4

June 12, 2008

Siren: Blood Curse

July 24, 2008

Disgaea 3

August 2008

Socom: US Navy SEALs Confrontation

September 16, 2008

Little Big Planet

October 2008

Motorstorm 2: Pacific Rift

October 28, 2008

Resistance 2

November 4, 2008

Valkyria Chronicles

November 2008

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

What the hell is Siren and Valkryia Chronicles?

The only game that looks remotely interesting is Metal Gear Solid 4.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I had the highest expectations for the PS3 and it just gave me disappointments but after lowering my standards and having more patience the more and more I love this gaming machine. And those games you've listed just sweetens it. Sooner or later, everyone has to own a PS3. They'll be missing alot. Play B3yond.

shoubra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shoubra

slothboyadvance

Why do people here always do this?

If you don't know what a game is then just search it on Gamespot. They'll do a better job than me at explaining what the game is.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

slothboyadvance

Valkryia Chronicles is a rpg. Siren is a survival horror game that's going to be released on PSN.

darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts

slothboyadvance

well Siren looks really creepy good, if you like horror games

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

slothboyadvance

:| Fail.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

I had the highest expectations for the PS3 and it just gave me disappointments but after lowering my standards and having more patience the more and more I love this gaming machine. And those games you've listed just sweetens it. Sooner or later, everyone has to own a PS3. They'll be missing alot. Play B3yond.

ReverseCycology

Does that include you?

TS, it kinda sucks, but besides MGS4 all the good exclusives are releasing near the end of the year.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
How good is socom online? I hated the single player on the ps2(found it terribly boring), but never hooked my ps2 up to online.
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"]

shoubra

Why do people here always do this?

If you don't know what a game is then just search it on Gamespot. They'll do a better job than me at explaining what the game is.

So far 2008 has been slow for all consoles. GTA4 is a bitter disappointment for me. Other than that I have bought mk wii. What else was there this year?

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

EVOLV3

:| Fail.

A lot of games are fail. I was asking what they are.

shoubra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shoubra
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Chutebox

Does that include you?

TS, it kinda sucks, but besides MGS4 all the good exclusives are releasing near the end of the year.

And that's the problem. I wish games were a little more spread out. This year is 5 months in, and I've only purchased GTAIV and MLB 08: The Show.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Patience is something all gamers have to have. MS fans, Nintendo fans and Sony fans all have to wait. There are no exceptions to this. I mean I really have no clue how anyone can complain about the PS3 and its games when MGS4 is launching in 2 weeks.
shoubra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shoubra

How good is socom online? I hated the single player on the ps2(found it terribly boring), but never hooked my ps2 up to online. white_sox

It's very good; and with Confrontation, the game is soley multiplayer. I think it's going to be very good.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

How good is socom online? I hated the single player on the ps2(found it terribly boring), but never hooked my ps2 up to online. white_sox

lol ps2 version was to ugly. After I played gears in 2006 I can't play shooter on ps2.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

It was possibly some of the best online gaming Ive ever had. Not gonna lie you really missed out.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Luxen90

............Which socom? I liked both Socom 1 and 2 great games online. I really didn't like 3 because of vechiles but if you have 3 go ahead and try it out.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReverseCycology

Socom was my favorite online game for the PS2.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Well, all I know is I got my PS3 in August of last year (right around the time Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and Lair were all released) and I've had nothing but an awesome PS3 experince. I had a 360 for a year before I had my PS3, and oddly enough it died twice in a year, so the PS3 was a breathe of fresh air for me.

Dont get me wrong, the 360 is great, I just like the PS3 better.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Good to hear Socom is a quality shooter, I think that's one of the games that would justify me buying a ps3. I really like tactical shooters, I prefer them over stuff like Halo.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Luxen90
The release date of those are pretty close. Which makes it worse is that I will be buying all those exclusives and there are also mutiplat games I want to.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carljohnson3456

[QUOTE="white_sox"]How good is socom online? I hated the single player on the ps2(found it terribly boring), but never hooked my ps2 up to online. ReverseCycology

Sometimes in between Warhawk and COD4 sessions I still fire up SOCOM 2 and play it online, :lol:.

falconzss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 falconzss
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

well the biggest problem i have with the ps3 atm being a rpg addict is the fact that rpg's almost no present on the system. i bought the ps3 because i loved the ps1 and ps2 because they had probably the best lineup of rpg's of in history.

the only games i am really looking forward atm are mgs4, LBP, FFXIII and valkyrie chronicles. i don't know if star ocean 4 will be on ps3 or a ps3 exclusive but if it is, it is a game i am really looking forward too.

all in all it seems that the ps3 is walking the path the original xbox did, many shooters and not much else. i really thought wouldn't say this but i really think about buying a 360 now because they seem to have corrected so many mistakes from the past.

they have the best rpg lineup of each current system and if the RROD wouldn't still be an issue i probably have bought one already.

it's not the system itselfs i am dissappointed with, it's its selection of games atm.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ReverseCycology

[QUOTE="white_sox"]How good is socom online? I hated the single player on the ps2(found it terribly boring), but never hooked my ps2 up to online. carljohnson3456

Sometimes in between Warhawk and COD4 sessions I still fire up SOCOM 2 and play it online, :lol:.

Are there still alot of people playing? Like full games?

Amazing.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

[QUOTE="white_sox"]How good is socom online? I hated the single player on the ps2(found it terribly boring), but never hooked my ps2 up to online. ReverseCycology

Amazing.

Not really, there's still people playing Killzone online. That game has a f***ing hardcore (tiny) fanbase.
-HalleR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -HalleR-
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
I had very high hopes for the console. but compare the amount of titles so far that are great, compared to last gen at the same time.. i think its kind of embarassing. i mean i like Uncharted, R&C, Resistance and a couple others. and a couple upcomming games, but nothing compared to the 60+ games i had last gen.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Its a huge disappointment and I'm glad I haven't got one thus far.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'm happy with mine and I'll be even happier with it in 18 days time!

But I don't understand why people buy consoles unless they are absolutely sure it has enough games to keep them interested. That's why I would never buy a console at launch, I usually wait about a year.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

You should have put up with the 360's junkiness more, after all if I had given up on the PS2 after having 2 dre's and paying $90 each time to get it fixed in the first year like I was tempted to do from the frustration look at what I would have missed out on.

I guess I'm just a sucker for games to put up with this along with buying so many crap consumer goods that I'm too beat down to try and put up a fight anymore.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Amazing.

Lol, if you think that's strange I can still get full SW Battlefront 1 rooms most of the times that I feel like playing it.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I'm dissapointed in my PS3 also, but for me it has a lot more games coming out then my Wii does, that I really want. My Wii has more games atm, but that will soon change.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 carljohnson3456

Amazing.

Yup, pretty awesome.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

To me, everytime I played it was like a heroin junkie shooting up. Haha...:lol:. It is very addicting and fun, it has one of the best communities I have ever encountered.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
what the hell is motorstorm doing in that list?
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

disgeaa 3???

eww the graphics look like it came out of a SNES.

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

shoubra

Does that include you?

And that's the problem. I wish games were a little more spread out. This year is 5 months in, and I've only purchased GTAIV and MLB 08: The Show.

The thing is not everyone is going to buy every game u posted up. I think I will end up getting them all but thats only a few of us. Most people will just grab the game that gets the high scores or is hyped. U also forgot to mention Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm which is a game im also looking forward too. Besides all that this year should be an awesome years for gamers.

jb_22vols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jb_22vols
Member since 2005 • 949 Posts

I am a 360 owner and always though the PS3 was about on par with the 360 but had never really got to sit down and play it.

Played it at a friends, and it was horrendous.

360 >>> PS3. But that is MY opinion.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

slothboyadvance

I have to disagree. Even without Siren and Valkyria there are potentially very decent games in there and the former two, are quite interesting in themselves. You should check them out.

disgeaa 3???

-GhostMLD-

:lol: The game is supposed to look like that. It's composed of 2d sprites. Hell I'm still wondering and definitely surprised of seeing disgaea3 available only on the PS3. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a sudden shift of it towards the PS2 as well later down the road. But you never know.

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

StealthSting

I have to disagree. Even without Siren and Valkyria there are potentially very decent games in there and the former two, are quite interesting in themselves. You should check them out.

disgeaa 3???

-GhostMLD-

:lol: The game is supposed to look like that. It's composed of 2d sprites. Hell I'm still wondering and definitely surprised of seeing disgaea3 available only on the PS3. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a sudden shift of it towards the PS2 as well later down the road. But you never know.

valkyrie games are amazing, If you don't like gta 4, you're a tough one to please, i love my ps3, and i love watching movies in high def on top of the gaming :P

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

ReverseCycology

so you spent a boatload of money to lower expectations just to make you happy... oh, man, the PS3 is like a pet rock.

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

colmusterd28

so you spent a boatload of money to lower expectations just to make you happy... oh, man, the PS3 is like a pet rock.

metal gear solid is going to dominate

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#43 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
I'm happy with the ones you mentioned.
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ReverseCycology

colmusterd28

If the PS3 didn't play blu ray movies, then yes it would've been a pet rock.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts

slothboyadvance

and motorstorm

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Chutebox

realy?, cause i see no point IMHO beyond bluray, tekken 6 and rachet...nothing else interests me

AddictedToMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AddictedToMe
Member since 2003 • 2437 Posts

SOCOM 1 was the first game I ever played online and it changed me forever. I played that game more than anything I've played to date. I dropped friends and family, skipped school, everything they say games do to kids these days, I did. It was addicting as hell and I made friends on there and had an AWESOME time. Then the hype went down after about a year or so and codebreakers became a big thing. You never knew who was cheating and it just ruined the experience completely. SOCOM 2 came out and they added some DNAS thing that wouldn't let you cheat, which got hacked pretty quick. Plus I wasn't 15 or 16, whatever I was when it came out at first, so it lost my attention quick. SOCOM 1 was amazing, though. If they make it like that, I will be a happy camper.

That was supposed to quote somebody, but it didn't. Whatever, you get the point.

Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Amnesiacx
Member since 2004 • 1329 Posts

My 360 died, and I was able to return it. But I bought my PS3 on January 2007. I never bothered returning it or selling it simply because I had faith in the console, even though it initially disappointed me with it's game offerings and limited online multiplayer.

I'm growing weary, now. I had thought that 2008 would be a fantastic year for the PS3, but I'm left in the dust again. I love the Sony brand, and I love what the PS3 has to offer, but I'm still not satisfied with the games.

I guess the only problem is that the PS3's great games for 2008 are releasing so close to each other. 2008 is a great year to be a PS3 owner, but if anything, patience is a virtue; and I have waited a long time to reap the benefits of being a PS3 owner.

Metal Gear Solid 4

June 12, 2008

July 24, 2008

Disgaea 3

August 2008

September 16, 2008

Little Big Planet

October 2008

October 28, 2008

Resistance 2

November 4, 2008

Valkyria Chronicles

November 2008

shoubra

I see 3 of the top 5 best games coming out this year on that list. And you left out a few great PS3 games on there as well. I don't see what's so disappointing about that.

Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Amnesiacx
Member since 2004 • 1329 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

darkspineslayer

realy?, cause i see no point IMHO beyond bluray, tekken 6 and rachet...nothing else interests me

Really? Cool, because besides Boom Blox and Mario (which I already beat)....I see no point in owning a Wii...nothing else interests me.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="shoubra"]

Metal Gear Solid 4

June 12, 2008

July 24, 2008

Disgaea 3

August 2008

September 16, 2008

Little Big Planet

October 2008

October 28, 2008

Resistance 2

November 4, 2008

Valkyria Chronicles

November 2008

Amnesiacx

I see 3 of the top 5 best games coming out this year on that list. And you left out a few great PS3 games on there as well. I don't see what's so disappointing about that.

Valkryia Chronicles. I love her, my JRPG of the year, unless Infinite UnDiscovery turns out good (doubtful) or Tales of Vesperia is great (Quite likely)