Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Meinhard1 said:

Is the lack of Majora's Mask content a sign that Nintendo is saving references/content from that game for a remake?

It's totally a stretch, but who knows?

It struck me as odd(though they did show the moon). Still I would be disappointed if Fierce Deity Link isn't in HW.

@Aljosa23 said:

That is a pretty shitty "Special Edition". No soundtrack CD or even a 20 paged artbook? Terrible, Nintendo always makes the worst collector's/limited/special/bullshit plastic editions.

Nintendo deliberately trolling their fans. What makes it even more annoying is the fact that zelda is bigger outside of Japan.I know, I know... they love their Musou games.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By LadyBlue

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm surprised at how good this game actually looks :|

You shouldn't be. For all of Nintendo's drawbacks, one thing they don't mess up too often (it does happen, just not often) is their premiere franchises. Zelda's dynasty warriors game is going to be a more than competent dynasty warriors game. Shallow and repetitive as ****? of course it's going to be that. Anyone pretending those games aren't, isn't well versed in the rest of the genre.

But, the Zelda stuff is going to be used in clever ways and adds new wrinkles. Midna dropping Majora's Moon, because **** it for instance is awesome. It's a game that should at the least be fun on a very basic level even if the overall experience will be an average hack n slash that relies more on its target dummy headcount than actual genuine satisfaction in gameplay.

TBH with you Champ, at least the combat looks better than Skyward Sword

That's not saying much. Skyward Sword's combat is a fucking novelty. Slightly interesting that it works 1:1, but fucking pitiful in terms of actually being satisfying or entertaining in combat.

Combat isn't close to being bad, & zelda has never been about the combat. That might all change with the new Zelda U, hope they don't make it a trash game like skyrim or witcher.

Capcom>>>Plat

Capcom is the true king of the genre.

Ummm.... Zelda has always been about combat since Zelda 1? You might ask why? Well, since the first game, you have Link traveling all over an open world map and you have moblins coming at you left and right (up and down as well) and with many of them, it's hard to stay alive with just 3 hearts. With the dungeons, there were little puzzles as some rooms require you to defeat enemies to get keys and items and Link has to fight his way to get treasure and artifacts through a maze.

Same as Zelda 2, I honestly don't understand why everyone hates it as there is only a few that enjoy it, you always had to fight your way through a maze and level up to get even further through the game.

LTTP is the first Zelda game that added more puzzles in the dungeon design, but still, you had a lot of tougher enemies in the Dark World than the light world, plus it introduced the spin attack and pegasus boots.

I could continue on but I don't want to make a long post about it. Plus I don't want us to ruin the special moment we have over different opinions.....

That was an enjoyable article, but I disagree with just about everything in it. It completely ignores what makes Zelda 2 a bad game, which is the terrible side-scrolling combat with floaty jump mechanics. There were good games with side scrolling combat on the NES (Double Dragon, Battletoads), but Zelda 2 was just a horrible game. I didn't think Zelda 1 was anything special, but it was at least fun to play. Zelda 2 was not.

I think you need to re-read the article again as he already pointed it out. Its not a bad game at all and was never suppose to be about jumping when its only to get to higher places. Which he made a point being that it was never a plat-form style game

The Adventure of Link was a masterfully executed game. Most of the negative comes from the fact that it's so different from what people were expecting. Attach any other name to the title, change Link's sprite, & the reception would've been better. Having different opinions is part of life, no harm done. ;P

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#203 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

Combat isn't close to being bad, & zelda has never been about the combat. That might all change with the new Zelda U, hope they don't make it a trash game like skyrim or witcher.

Capcom>>>Plat

Ummm.... Zelda has always been about combat since Zelda 1? You might ask why? Well, since the first game, you have Link traveling all over an open world map and you have moblins coming at you left and right (up and down as well) and with many of them, it's hard to stay alive with just 3 hearts. With the dungeons, there were little puzzles as some rooms require you to defeat enemies to get keys and items and Link has to fight his way to get treasure and artifacts through a maze.

Same as Zelda 2, I honestly don't understand why everyone hates it as there is only a few that enjoy it, you always had to fight your way through a maze and level up to get even further through the game.

LTTP is the first Zelda game that added more puzzles in the dungeon design, but still, you had a lot of tougher enemies in the Dark World than the light world, plus it introduced the spin attack and pegasus boots.

I could continue on but I don't want to make a long post about it. Plus I don't want us to ruin the special moment we have over different opinions.....

That was an enjoyable article, but I disagree with just about everything in it. It completely ignores what makes Zelda 2 a bad game, which is the terrible side-scrolling combat with floaty jump mechanics. There were good games with side scrolling combat on the NES (Double Dragon, Battletoads), but Zelda 2 was just a horrible game. I didn't think Zelda 1 was anything special, but it was at least fun to play. Zelda 2 was not.

I think you need to re-read the article again as he already pointed it out. Its not a bad game at all and was never suppose to be about jumping when its only to get to higher places. Which he made a point being that it was never a plat-form style game

The Adventure of Link was a masterfully executed game. Most of the negative comes from the fact that it's so different from what people were expecting. Attach any other name to the title, change Link's sprite, & the reception would've been better. Having different opinions is part of life, no harm done. ;P

We are having a lot of things in common :o

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#204 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Temper your expectations. Famitsu scored every game in the FFXIII trilogy higher than 36.

It's Dynasty Warriors with LoZ skin. Don't fool yourself into thinking it'll be anything more.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 LadyBlue

@FireEmblem_Man said:

We are having a lot of things in common :o

We would have more in common, but you hate skyward Sword. lol

@Basinboy said:

Temper your expectations. Famitsu scored every game in the FFXIII trilogy higher than 36.

It's Dynasty Warriors with LoZ skin. Don't fool yourself into thinking it'll be anything more.

Doesn't look like it from the videos. Yes, it's a warriors game at it's heart, but it's bringing plenty of elements from Zelda. Don't forget the Adventure Mode, which mixes the old nes like adventure, with DW. In this mode you will face, unlock new characters, & new weapons. It would be a mistake to shrug it off as a DW game with zelda skins.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm surprised at how good this game actually looks :|

You shouldn't be. For all of Nintendo's drawbacks, one thing they don't mess up too often (it does happen, just not often) is their premiere franchises. Zelda's dynasty warriors game is going to be a more than competent dynasty warriors game. Shallow and repetitive as ****? of course it's going to be that. Anyone pretending those games aren't, isn't well versed in the rest of the genre.

But, the Zelda stuff is going to be used in clever ways and adds new wrinkles. Midna dropping Majora's Moon, because **** it for instance is awesome. It's a game that should at the least be fun on a very basic level even if the overall experience will be an average hack n slash that relies more on its target dummy headcount than actual genuine satisfaction in gameplay.

TBH with you Champ, at least the combat looks better than Skyward Sword

That's not saying much. Skyward Sword's combat is a fucking novelty. Slightly interesting that it works 1:1, but fucking pitiful in terms of actually being satisfying or entertaining in combat.

Capcom>>>Plat

I think that if you attach any other name to the title, the game wouldn't be thought of at all today. It's not bad enough to make anyone's "worst NES games" list, but it's not good enough to be talked about today, either.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 LadyBlue

Club Nintendo will help you outfit Ganondorf with free DLC

Here’s a nice offer involving a (usually) not-so-nice guy: if you buy Hyrule Warriors for Wii U and register the game with Club Nintendo between 9/26/14 and 10/23/14, you can receive a free download code for the Demon King Costume Set DLC: two costumes for Ganondorf that you can use in-game. Ganondorf is one of the many playable characters in Hyrule Warriors that come from classic games in The Legend of Zelda™ series. The two downloadable costumes are inspired by his appearances in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Keep an eye on in the weeks ahead for more details about the offer. You must be a Club Nintendo member to participate, and the offer is available only in the US and Canada.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Its something ill pick up whenever I get a wiiu.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#209 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I really don't like that Nintendo is trying to make this out to be a system seller. Of all the games to put to the forefront, Nintendo, why this one? (Why not just save the marketing coins for Bayonetta 2 and Smash?)

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

^ Can they please confirm him for Smash already? kthnxbai

Yeah I also want hyrule warriors ganondorf for smash.

As for special edition, Nintendo of America plz.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#211  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I don't care at all for this game except for Zant's relevance.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

9 out of 10 in Japan basically equals out to 6 out of 10 everywhere else.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

I really don't like that Nintendo is trying to make this out to be a system seller. Of all the games to put to the forefront, Nintendo, why this one? (Why not just save the marketing coins for Bayonetta 2 and Smash?)

Who says they won't? This one is closest to release. Nintendo has been pretty good hyping each new release.

Except Wonderful 101...poor Wonderful 101.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#214  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I would say something about Tom McShea giving a low score to the game because it isn't the next adventure iteration of the series (and his complaints regarding the game in general were asinine), but he's not part of Gamespot anymore, so anything is possible.

I foresee a 7/10.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I would say something about Tom McShea giving a low score to the game because it isn't the next adventure iteration of the series (and his complaints regarding the game in general were asinine), but he's not part of Gamespot anymore, so anything is possible.

I foresee a 7/10.

I think Tom McShea is no longer working for GS

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#216 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I foresee a 7/10.

I think Tom McShea is no longer working for GS

Yeah, I know, that was why I said what I did.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 LadyBlue

@Messiahbolical- said:

9 out of 10 in Japan basically equals out to 6 out of 10 everywhere else.

Must be why GTA5 got 6, & 7 everywhere else.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#218 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@ladyblue said:

Here’s a nice offer involving a (usually) not-so-nice guy: if you buy Hyrule Warriors for Wii U and register the game with Club Nintendo between 9/26/14 and 10/23/14, you can receive a free download code for the Demon King Costume Set DLC: two costumes for Ganondorf that you can use in-game. Ganondorf is one of the many playable characters in Hyrule Warriors that come from classic games in The Legend of Zelda™ series. The two downloadable costumes are inspired by his appearances in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Keep an eye on in the weeks ahead for more details about the offer. You must be a Club Nintendo member to participate, and the offer is available only in the US and Canada.

Twilight Princess costume set looks really good, I want that one...will get those if I get the game. :)

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

it's just me or famitsu scores every dynasty warriors game the same?

Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

famitsu = a joke

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LadyBlue

@superbuuman said:

@ladyblue said:

Twilight Princess costume set looks really good, I want that one...will get those if I get the game. :)

I like every costume set they've shown so far.

My costume wish list:

TLoZ Logo.png

File:Linkcrouchedloz.png

With blue, & red color swaps

Aol logo.png

File:AoL Link.png

ALttP logo.png

File:Lttp Link.png

With Pink haired Link as the color swap

OoT logo.png

File:OoT Link Portrait.png

Already in it, but with blue, & red swaps

MM logo.png

File:Fierce Deity Link.png

I would prefer if he was a character with his own moves.

Oracle of Ages logo.pngOracle of Seasons logo.pngA Link Between Worlds logo.png

File:OoA Link.png

TP logo.png

File:Link Magic Armor.pngFile:Link Zora Armor.png

Thumbnail for version as of 13:52, 26 June 2008Zoraarmour.png

Would cry tears of joy if they included bosses from past zelda games in the adventure mode. Like Horsehead, Dark Link, & Thunderbird.

Same would go for shields, & swords from past games. :P

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

This is still Dynasty Warriors, i doubt a zelda face-lift is going to change that. If you hated dynasty warriors before you are still going to hate this regardless of its critical reception. Me, i happen to be mildly intrigued because i don't hate dynasty warriors; i just don't particularly love it.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#222 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

day 1 buy for me

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LadyBlue

Nintendo has announced that it will be hosting another Hyrule Warriors livestream on August 14, via Japanese streaming site NicoNico. This is the second livestream event for the game Nintendo has announced, offering more game footage and a few areas that haven’t been seen before. In addition, Hyrule Warriors developers Yosuke Hayashi and Furusawa Masaki will be on hand during the stream. Shigeru Miyamoto was in attendance for the last livestream, but we’re not sure whether or not he’ll make an appearance during this stream.While this stream is geared for Japanese audiences since the game releases this month in Japan, it does provide a look many of the new environments revealed over the last month in Famitsu, so tune in if you want to see some of the more familiar locations of Hyrule brought to life inside the game.

Stream times are as follows:

USA PST: 5am

USA EST: 8am

UK: 1pm

EUR: 2pm

***: 9pm

Another one folks..... gets better each time its shown.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By LadyBlue

33 minutes of gameplay. Japanese version, with english commentary. Looks to set the west on fire.

Loading Video...

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

@ladyblue: Doom 4 will be better than this game. a GOTY!!

Mashing the mouse button

LOL

what?? its fast paced game where doom guy pick a shotgun in mars and shoot demon in the head. its manly game.

SNIPER, is that you?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

That combat looks pathetic.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#227 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I'll give it a "A" score. This game looks so repetitive and unoriginal, it's not even funny. It's basically Koei Dynasty Warriors, which were great on the PS2, but completed sucked on the PS3 and beyond. This type of game has been done to death. Anyone remember N3 (Ninety-Nine Nights)? I wouldn't waste my money on this and we know because it's being published by Nintendo, the price won't drop on it until the Wii U is just about dead.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Best combat in the series, but it's still terrible looking. The game seems to be all crowd control without an actual combat system.

I like that you actually seem to play characters, and not just weapons like more recent DW games. And more focus on 1v1 battles, which isn't new to this game (It's in their other licensed warriors games, as well as Warriors Orochi). The game is visually pleasing to me as well, and the use of items is cool. Koei is good at fan service for its licensed games.

I don't like that this game seems to follow the licensed koei warriors trend of not having a jump button. I don't know if there are any cancels like, for instance, One Piece Musou has a dash button instead of jump, and you can cancel just about any move into the dash, which actually allowed for some interesting combos and stuff. At least in some cases. I want to see highest difficulty gameplay with leveled characters, from someone who actually plays warriors games though. That would be a more fair judgement of the combat systems. Still looks ick. Too many attacks just blow enemies away.

One day the BASARA team will get to make a licensed warriors game, and then everyone will wonder why Koei is even around for those anymore.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 jg4xchamp

@OneSanitarium said:

Best combat in the series, but it's still terrible looking. The game seems to be all crowd control without an actual combat system.

I like that you actually seem to play characters, and not just weapons like more recent DW games. And more focus on 1v1 battles, which isn't new to this game (It's in their other licensed warriors games, as well as Warriors Orochi). The game is visually pleasing to me as well, and the use of items is cool. Koei is good at fan service for its licensed games.

I don't like that this game seems to follow the licensed koei warriors trend of not having a jump button. I don't know if there are any cancels like, for instance, One Piece Musou has a dash button instead of jump, and you can cancel just about any move into the dash, which actually allowed for some interesting combos and stuff. At least in some cases. I want to see highest difficulty gameplay with leveled characters, from someone who actually plays warriors games though. That would be a more fair judgement of the combat systems. Still looks ick. Too many attacks just blow enemies away.

One day the BASARA team will get to make a licensed warriors game, and then everyone will wonder why Koei is even around for those anymore.

What's so different about Basara?

Because I swear to you I look at these Dynasty Warriors games and go: okay other than the novelty of the amount of enemies on screen, EVERY fucking thing about the battle engine is so out classed by better beat-em up games over the last 14 years.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By OneSanitarium

@jg4xchamp: I'll use SB4, as it's the most recent release.

The combat system is fantastic.You have a square string, like you would in just about any warriors style game, but you don't have to go through the string to use special moves. At max level, you have a square string, and 8 individual special moves (this is without going into specific properties, and how they can sometimes be used in tandem or in the air. One character, just using the same inputs, has about 40 special moves at once.) Air combat is something other warriors games don't have, typically only having one air square string and a knockdown attack. Plus characters have unique traits that can combine with things and have unique outcomes. Mitsunari can teleport after many of his moves to maintain pressure/combo(hes fucking vergil holy shit), Ieyasu has a very fun charge system within his move list, involving transfering charges to different moves and a lot of things I'd be hard to immediately explain.

Combine this with the different movement cancels, you have Jump Cancels, Dash Cancels, and Evade cancels, and they aren't universal to every attack. There is a character named Kanbei who is really slow, but he can evade cancel every move he has just about, and he can combo out of the evade into faster versions. It'd be pointless to go over all 32 characters and what they can specifically do, it's just a lot.

And SB4 they said, 'Hey, we made Tag a thing in a previous game. Let's do it here, but better." Now you have two characters on the field at any time (it can be any combination you fucking want. so good.) There is a Ally Command option that context sensitive moves in relation to what move you've done and where the enemy is. Beyond that you can tag out of any move to make some really cool things, since the character you tagged out of will still do the move while you start doing things with the other character.

To make the combat system even better, when you fight an actual enemy general, like a named character, they can use their full moveset. They have actual health on real difficulties and will break out of your combos and shit. But you can do legit combos if your mind is creative enough. Oh yeah, there are also Just Blocks and Just Evades in the game. Just Evades will cause your ally to attack whatever you evaded and stuff. It's koo.

tl;dr: Basara has an actual combat system that, IMO, I think lets it sit along side the likes of DMC3/4 and Bayonetta. 32 characters with a Base special move count of 8, which in MOST cases go beyond that with unique properties and uses for held inputs, or using moves after specific moves, or using them in the air, or using character specific instances. The tag system is great fun and lets you bring two full, extremely unique characters the field and offer a great free form combat system fueled by creativity where you utilize the full move sets and the system wide mechanics to do whatever you want. There are also fairly meaningful 1v1 fights to let you really use the combat system.

Video of a cool ass combo.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By jg4xchamp

And for the record you're still of the opinion that Ninja Gaiden's combat is doo-doo? ;p

BTW don't know how you are into indie games, but highly suggest you watch footage or go read the blog for Aztez the game. It's super cool, and the developer knows his shit.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By OneSanitarium

@jg4xchamp:

What? I like Ninja Gaiden's combat. It just isn't an crazy combo sort of game, though I know there are interesting combos routes to do.

I know of Aztez. Hell, I've seen a post the guy made on SRK in 2010, back when he was just making a free action for guys. He definitely has some insight into mechanics. Also has a hard on for wicked weaving.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 jg4xchamp

@OneSanitarium said:

@jg4xchamp:

What? I like Ninja Gaiden's combat. It just isn't an crazy combo sort of game, though I know there are interesting combos routes to do.

I know of Aztez. Hell, I've seen a post the guy made on SRK in 2010, back when he was just making a free action for guys. He definitely has some insight into mechanics. Also has a hard on for wicked weaving.

Yay mate, I'm looking forward to that, even that Korra game (because Platinum), and of course Bayonetta 2.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#234 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Seriously this is gonna be a average game.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#235  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@ladyblue:

Where is the "link" for gameplay? You forgot the link. Don't put 33 min vid in your title and no link to it...jeesh.

Now the character and level roster looks amazing. That should be the in game fonts and format, as it's super slick. This coupled with Monster Hunter 3/4 would get me to buy a wii-u (If i wasn't married, with a mortgate 2 kids and already didn't own a ps4 , psv, 3ds, ipad and a gaming pc....) $300 is beyond my budget for another console.. At the end of the gen when the thing is $100-175 i will bite, and play the hell out of this game..Love dynasty warriros so It's a given for me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By jg4xchamp

@OneSanitarium said:

@jg4xchamp:

Yo One San, is there a difference between SB3 for Wii and PS3 besides graphics? I might want to hunt it down and just play the wii version on wiiu. I don't own a PS3 anymore, and SB4 coming out here is probably going to be a lol.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52442 Posts

What platform is Sengoku Basara 4 on? I assume Ps3? Also, is it out in the West?

I got SB3 myself, and I enjoyed it very much so. I get how the combat is that much more than your average musou game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#238  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@ladyblue said:

If a game like journey can win GOTY, then so can HW

Are you f***ing serious?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 jg4xchamp

@freedomfreak said:

What platform is Sengoku Basara 4 on? I assume Ps3? Also, is it out in the West?

I got SB3 myself, and I enjoyed it very much so. I get how the combat is that much more than your average musou game.

PS3 and only in Japan so far.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i love the Japanese pronunciation. Link is "rinku" lana is "runa" zelda is "zeruda" and midna is "midona"

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 OneSanitarium

@jg4xchamp: I don't think there is. Just know SB3 is the first game in the new graphics engine, so it only has 16 characters and no tag (Utage added TAG, the expansion).

Yeah SB4 is PS3/JP only. SB3 sold poorly in the west, so there probably won't be another game to come out here lol. Good thing it has a good fan base that translates everything you need for the gameplay and stuff.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 jg4xchamp

@OneSanitarium said:

@jg4xchamp: I don't think there is. Just know SB3 is the first game in the new graphics engine, so it only has 16 characters and no tag (Utage added TAG, the expansion).

Yeah SB4 is PS3/JP only. SB3 sold poorly in the west, so there probably won't be another game to come out here lol. Good thing it has a good fan base that translates everything you need for the gameplay and stuff.

I read this crazy gaf post on the game, and now I want to try these games. A little annoyed that Japanese games suffer through so much translation issues, if only the menus could be in english and shit, not like I give a **** about the plot.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By OneSanitarium

@jg4xchamp: The games are good, I was sold on the PS3 Demo of it, which only had two characters without being properly leveled to have many moves. Oh yeah, SB3 is also before they realized, 'Why not?" and let you use all three of every characters 'Super' skills, so you have to select one of the three before a match. Just throwing that out there, still deep.

But, again, the fan's are helpfully with full translations, so it should be easy to maneuver.

The first 3 games where different. They still had a great feel and all these characters, but you chose between two skills to use. Less moves in battle than DW at the time, but you still weren't forced to run through a square string to get the move you want. Games had a lot of content, at least SB2 Heroes did, but it didn't become amazing in the gameplay department until 3.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Everytime i see something new about this game, i get excited...and then, i watch some of the gameplay...and it looks so boring, i love everything about the fanservice they are making, but God that awful gameplay. And now that i saw this 30 minute footage, i'm even more disappointed, that "battlefield" looks so pathethic with the soldiers just standing there like morons, i'm sorry but i still don't see the appeal in this game and the DW franchise in general.

Worst part of all...i might still get it because i'm a huge Zelda fan and like i said, i love the fanservice, not to mention Zelda and Ganondorf are playable characters, but i would definitely wait for a huge price drop or getting it in the flea market.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#246  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

@ladyblue said:

If a game like journey can win GOTY, then so can HW

Are you f***ing serious?