How will you personally play the airport mission?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Propaganda_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Propaganda_
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

For those that are mature enough not to skip the airport sequence in the forthcoming Modern Warfare 2: in what way are you going play through it? Are you going to be "amiable" to the civilians, or are you going to storm the airport and go on a rampage, slaughtering all the innocents?

How many lives are you planning to take?

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts

For those that are mature enough not to skip the airport sequence in the forthcoming Modern Warfare 2: in what way are you going play through it? Are you going to be "amiable" to the civilians, or are you going to storm the airport and go on a rampage, slaughtering all the innocents?

Propaganda_

Even bacteria wont survive the bloodbath that will ensue

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I going to slaughter all i can :D

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
This doesn't belong here.
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

aroxx_ab
:D Im gonna play it how IW intended
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

The civilians shall be spared. The fanboys shall not. :twisted:

Propaganda_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Propaganda_

AdobeArtist

That is somewhat lame.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
shouldn't this be in general gaming discussion?
Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Antikyth3ra
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

I'm going to activate Slow Mo and take my time. I'd prefer to not make them feel pain so I plan on shooting them all in the head. All of them..

Now about the Game.. I plan to play it as intended. I follow orders well.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
turn this into a system wars discussion so it can stay. ill start. I think that the 360 version will have more people to shoot than the ps3 version
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Nidget

How do you know what IW intend? In the entire context of the missions leading up to the airport maybe they intend for you not to shoot anyone if you are an undercover agent.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mtradr43
[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

How do you know what IW intend? In the entire context of the missions leading up to the airport maybe they intend for you not to shoot anyone if you are an undercover agent.

but if you are undercover, you dont have a choice but to shoot people because you would look suspicious. granted it doesnt work out in the end either way, but realisticly, undercover people may have to push the envelope to keep their cover.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Propaganda_

That is somewhat lame.

Coming from you, that is ironic.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"] :D Im gonna play it how IW intendedmtradr43

but if you are undercover, you dont have a choice but to shoot people because you would look suspicious. granted it doesnt work out in the end either way, but realisticly, undercover people may have to push the envelope to keep their cover.

If you are a undercover agent in the mission you couldn't kill anyone as that would break the law.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

Propaganda_
I'll shoot limbs on my first play through as i would do in real life if i were undercover.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mtradr43
[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="Snagal123"]

If you are a undercover agent in the mission you couldn't kill anyone as that would break the law.

break what law exactly? you basically dont exist to the organization you work for while you are undercover. so you are saying that people who go undercover to take down drug rings cant sell drugs to people because then they would go to jail? even if they have to or they will be discovered?
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Snagal123

[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"] :D Im gonna play it how IW intendedmtradr43

You could always aim in the direction but deliberately keep missing, just doesn't seem right for someone undercover just to massacre hundreds. I get the idea though, kill a thousand to save a million, but thats a very big grey ground.

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Snagal123

Because for people who find this "offensive (which is laughable btw) then theres the option to do nothing. Obviously IW intended for us to take part in it, else they wouldnt have bother making this part at all.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"] but if you are undercover, you dont have a choice but to shoot people because you would look suspicious. granted it doesnt work out in the end either way, but realisticly, undercover people may have to push the envelope to keep their cover.mtradr43

break what law exactly? you basically dont exist to the organization you work for while you are undercover. so you are saying that people who go undercover to take down drug rings cant sell drugs to people because then they would go to jail? even if they have to or they will be discovered?

Yes, people who are undercover can't break the law, they have no protection from it.. Maybe it's different for some really high up members, but breaking the law even while undercover would get you prosecuted.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I'll give it a go ahead but its not really a big deal. I mean I am not hurting anyone by playing it. I prefer shooting things that shoot back anyways but I;ll see how the mission works.

TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TreeMoBMoney
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

mission sounds mindless and lame :/ i hope the rest will be better.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mtradr43

[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

Yes, people who are undercover can't break the law, they have no protection from it.. Maybe it's different for some really high up members, but breaking the law even while undercover would get you prosecuted.

excerpt from this website http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_info6.shtml

Are Police Allowed to Break The Law?

Police officers working undercover have exceptions from certain criminal laws. For instance, law enforcement officers directly engaged in the enforcement of controlled substance laws are exempt from laws surrounding the purchase, possession, sales or use of illegal substances.7

That all means that if you infiltrating a drug ring to take down a drug lord, you cannot get in trouble for buying, selling, or using drugs. obviously since most people dont infiltrate terrorist organizations that plan on shooting up airports, we cant say if the same thing applies because it just doesnt happen, at least that we know of.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

all shall die

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

all shall die

Postal_Guy
I expected a comment like that based on ur Username lol. POSTAL!
guardofdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 guardofdead
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

[QUOTE="Propaganda_"]

EmpCom

Even bacteria wont survive the bloodbath that will ensue

HAHAHAHA LMFAO. thats priceless.... ditto here lol
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Snagal123

Police officers working undercover have exceptions from certain criminal laws. For instance, law enforcement officers directly engaged in the enforcement of controlled substance laws are exempt from laws surrounding the purchase, possession, sales or use of illegal substances.7

That all means that if you infiltrating a drug ring to take down a drug lord, you cannot get in trouble for buying, selling, or using drugs. obviously since most people dont infiltrate terrorist organizations that plan on shooting up airports, we cant say if the same thing applies because it just doesnt happen, at least that we know of.

mtradr43

Regardless of law, an undercover agent wouldn't just massacre civilians because "he can", id like to think they have morals and would do their best not to kill anyone, only wound, which is how i will play that level if i am actually forced to open fire, i like to play my games how i would if i was faced with the situation IRL, ive always played RPGs that way, and this game will be no different if i get it. For some crazy reason i just don't want to slaughter civilians, pixel or not.

Propaganda_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Propaganda_

mission sounds mindless and lame :/ i hope the rest will be better.

TreeMoBMoney

Mindless? Yes, in a good way. :twisted:

Lame? You're apparently 80 years old.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mtradr43

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]

Snagal123

Regardless of law, an undercover agent wouldn't just massacre civilians because "he can", id like to think they have morals and would do their best not to kill anyone, only wound, which is how i will play that level if i am actually forced to open fire, i like to play my games how i would if i was faced with the situation IRL, ive always played RPGs that way, and this game will be no different if i get it. For some crazy reason i just don't want to slaughter civilians, pixel or not.

of course, i can see that point of things, but if your "boss" of the terrorists while you are undercover tells you to shoot someone whos lying injured in front of you, you have to do it,and the cia or whoever isnt going to throw you in jail because in the end you could potentially topple the organization you are infiltrating. those types of people, id imagine, couldnt care less if they shoot you as well if you dont comply with them. i was just proving a point that undercover agents are exempt from persecution within reason. obviously unless told otherwise you would just shoot to wound or miss if possible or whatever.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I am usually a goody-two-shoes when I play games with moral choices. I typically finish them in a heroic manner, then go back and try the same things again as an evil character just to test the differences. I always feel like a prick when I do this, though, but I do it to see how much choice the game offers.
Doodlebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Doodlebox
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

As many necessary.

Unless I had a bad day. In which it would be more than necessary.

Edit: Donalbane has the right idea.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Snagal123

of course, i can see that point of things, but if your "boss" of the terrorists while you are undercover tells you to shoot someone whos lying injured in front of you, you have to do it,and the cia or whoever isnt going to throw you in jail because in the end you could potentially topple the organization you are infiltrating. those types of people, id imagine, couldnt care less if they shoot you as well if you dont comply with them. i was just proving a point that undercover agents are exempt from persecution within reason. obviously unless told otherwise you would just shoot to wound or miss if possible or whatever.

mtradr43

Yes, which is why i just don't understand why so many people are looking forward to this mission so they can slaughter as many as they can and then call themselves "mature". The "mature" option would be to do your best to not kill anyone unless its unavoidable.

Whatever though, iall give some credit to IW because i care abit more about getting MW2 now, just to see if the context is well done, and therefore makes you feel bad for doing it, not some tacky untasteful game thats surpose to entertain you by making you massacre civilians.

RaZoR500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RaZoR500
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

It's a game, some games give you the opportunity to do things that no one in the right mind would do in real life (yes there are some nutjob cases) so I'll just randomly shoot if anything gets hit oh well it's just a game

Backbonesalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Backbonesalsa
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]

Snagal123

I fully agree with you. I never find killing civillians fun either. It just dont feel rigth virtual or not. I just sometimes have a weak feeling that i'm taking a real life. Tings are going to get sppoky when games get even more realistic. Shiver*

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]

Backbonesalsa

I fully agree with you. I never find killing civillians fun either. It just dont feel rigth virtual or not. I just sometimes have a weak feeling that i'm taking a real life. Tings are going to get sppoky when games get even more realistic. Shiver*

This is actually a quality I appreciate in modern games with a context of realism. That they add the weight of consequence which compells us as gamers to consider ouractions, rather than just step forward blindly and without forthought.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I'm going to shoot things just like I do in every other FPS. I don't care if the 3D mold of the CGI I am killing is a civilian or a terrorist.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Its a game... il play it like I would any other game.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Hmmm I suppose something like this...

Photobucket

Xander818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xander818
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts

I will get as many kills as I can or run out of ammo

rhaigun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 rhaigun
Member since 2005 • 3019 Posts
I'll play it as it was meant to be played knowing full well the actual intent of the sequence.
jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jherbach1222
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

im gonna go in slow and dramtic "helping people" and then shooting each civilian in there thighs so they fall on their knees and fall, then as i watch the squim slipping on their wive's and childrens blood i will pop them in the head. CANT WAITT!! lol too bad for aussies i mean really its just a game! people wouldnt be affended if it wasn't americans we were killing. I mean you killed 100's of terrorists in cod4 but when you kill a couple of civilians all of a sudden its personal.

rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts
Im gonna kill as many as i can.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
none shail survive the purgatory of my flame if i actualy play MW2
nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

No one will survive.

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

I've already been scarred for life today. Any more violence wouldn't matter.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I'll kill anything that moves.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts

Didn't all FPS games teach us to shoot anything that moves? Well that's what I will be doing in the airport mission.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#48 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
save before and play through multiple times. just to see if anything different happens.
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Laugh the whole way through, and only wish that I was playing as Master Chief.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

I'm going to mow them down, down to the gwound.