How many of you will be jumping into Counter-Strike 2?

• 53 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll How many of you will be jumping into Counter-Strike 2? (43 votes)

I do not give a shit 65%
I will at the very least check it out 28%
I still play it to this day 7%

I remember being a youngling, before the hairline.

A lan cafe, full of teenagers shouting racist abuse at each other laced with threats of raping each others mother.

They were playing Counterstrike. It was Siege, the worst map ever made.

Being a child of taste, I played Quake 3 instead, a gentlemen's games.

But alas, even Quake 3 couldn't stop the tide of CS popularity, it become the only game played in the lan cafe. It sucked. It was annoying. I fucking hated it.

Here we are, 30 odd years later and its still the most popular FPS. Even with all the changes of the world, it still holds up.

It's had iterations, but this is the a new one. With smoke effects.

Will you be playing it?

• 
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46493 Posts

@sargentd said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
Loading Video...

For sure I'll play a few matches, but I doubt I'll spend any serious time with it.

Such a throwback, I remember thinking this was the greatest video ever In my teens lol

I mean it was one of two videos that were available on youtube (or was it another file hoster) so yeah that puts it into context I guess :p

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 R4gn4r0k

@judaspete said:

@R4gn4r0k: The four face buttons were a stand-in for the second stick. Terrible framerates too. You spoiled kids would call it clunky, but working around the jank made you into a man.

How are your kids gonna respect you if you haven't beaten an FPS boss at 20fps with front facing buttons as a replacement for the aiming stick? 🤣

But yeah I know it all to well what you are talking about: the PSP only had one analogue stick/nub and I played a ton of FPS on there.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: Sure, but that's why I'll be playing it on the ROG Ally in docked mode on my TV which will give it a boost and allow me to play in turbo mode. I'll be using a mouse and keyboard. I'm literally getting it to be an advanced Switch that I mostly keep plugged in. I won't be able to play everything, but it's also to test the waters to see if I want to jump further into PC gaming with a gaming laptop or a full blown tower. Either way it goes they will be hooked up to my TV if I decide to upgrade later.. lol.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Very nice! I haven't tried CS:GO on my Deck, when docked. I have a gaming PC as well, so my Deck remains a portable gaming device.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Never liked CS but I did play a bit in the early 2000s. Might give CS2 a try now that I returned to PC gaming.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I need to buy a gaming rig first. Yeah im excited for this game, been a fan of Counter-Strike since the original.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k

@TheHighWind said:

I need to buy a gaming rig first. Yeah im excited for this game, been a fan of Counter-Strike since the original.

PC prices are pretty good at the moment, for example you could get a 3070 second hand for cheap.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#60 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Never got into this.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Ha! It's not an ideal, but the buttons work well enough once your brain commits the setup to muscle memory. I wouldn't use a DC controller if I were an e-sports player, but it's fine if you're just a dude futzing around with friends.