How long has Sony been lying about the PC ports?

• 98 results
Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Y'all remember years ago when some games like GOW and HZD lost the "Only on Playstation" tag? It was rumored way back there were PC versions in the works but Sony either denied it or people just said it meant nothing.

Dualshockers posted an article about this.

Then back in 2020 as well, there was this "mistake"

With the Insomniac Community Director answering with this:

And less than 2 years later, Spider-Man Remastered will be on PC. Either that community director was lying, or Sony put that port together mighty quickly.

And of course, who could forget this gem?

That apparently was a "mistake" as well. "Other consoles" could mean the PS4 but odds are the plans for a PS4 version have been scrapped. PC is still up in the air.

Sony has been pulling the wool over the eyes of their fanboys for at least a few years, reassuring them their precious exclusives aren't going on other platforms but knowing full well they were and they were probably already being ported a lot of those times Sony claimed: "nothing to see here".

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

March 1st: We contacted Nintendo about rumors of a new Switch model and they denied they are working on one

March 2nd: Nintendo proudly announces the Switch light

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

The fact is, the PC market is more profitable than any revenue they're going to bring in trying to force people to buy their hardware. So they're going to release games on PC. Same thing Sony fanboys tried making fun of Xbox for doing.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts

I mean they bought Nixxes! Only idiots thought Sony doesn't have PC ports planned.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

Or there about. :P

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

Could care less, never gaming on PC. Most posters here don't either even though they pretend to. Sony waits until the game reaches saturation on consoles before porting, essentially double dipping. Makes no sense to pretend it's releasing same day as console.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

"PlayStation games will never go to pc"

Don't let the Sony sad acts forget their narratives 👍

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990

@Sagemode87 said:

Could care less, never gaming on PC. Most posters here don't either even though they pretend to. Sony waits until the game reaches saturation on consoles before porting, essentially double dipping. Makes no sense to pretend it's releasing same day as console.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39290 Posts

The lies i want to see is related to Demon's Remake. When we fund out that there's no RT, they were asked why, and their answer is because "it didn't fit the game", implying there's no reflective surfaces (which is bs lol. plenty of wet surfaces and such). Look at it coming out on pc with full RT support... all of a sudden RT is perfectly suiting the game. I just hate bullshit coming from the devs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

Sony fannies main argument...only argument for owning a PS5 has been flushed. 😂 By their own decree, the PS5 is redundant. 🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

What a sad poster we got here🤣😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts

Don't really get the animosity someone can have towards a game company lol. Must be bitterness as a result of the company's success 😄

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8204 Posts

"Who cares? As long as they put all their games on PlayStation."

"Could care less, never gaming on PC"

It's really entertaining to watch this shift in narrative..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

"Who cares? As long as they put all their games on PlayStation."

"Could care less, never gaming on PC"

It's really entertaining to watch this shift in narrative..

It just means they care enough to comment and they really show their true colors.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:

Don't really get the animosity someone can have towards a game company lol. Must be bitterness as a result of the company's success 😄

Translation: I can't damage control so I will pretend that I never promoted and participated in the nonsense and hope everyone forget that I am a Sony fanny but i will create "covert" response threads to ease my pain.😂

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

I mean they bought Nixxes! Only idiots thought Sony doesn't have PC ports planned.

Exactly. Insomniac had no plans to bring Spider-Man to PC, and they still have no plans. This was done by Nixxes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Sagemode87: "Could care less"

So how much less could you care? Are you admitting to being butthurt? Or did you mean you COULDN'T care less?

PS putting their games on PC makes perfect sense. Especially with their troubles with PS5 production. Sorry fanboys. PS is more loyal to the almighty dollar than to y'all. Maybe all those years of meh 1st party software attach rates is what got PS to start looking elsewhere. Nintendo doesn't port their games to PC... They also sell 20+ million copies of their games...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@zmanbarzel: It is being done by both studios.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

It makes sense considering the hardware shortages right now and games being more expensive than ever to develop. We probably would not be seeing as many games still coming to PS4 nor PC ports if more consumers could get their hands on a PS5. That's the only real logic I can see from a business standing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pedro

The damage controlling has begun 😎

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Juub1990

@mysticaldonut: Ridiculous. Those decisions are made years in advance. Ports don’t take 6 months. The GOW port took 2 years. It started before the PS5 had even hit the shelves.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Or there about. :P

I don't know why that made me laugh so hard but it did 😂🤣

I heard her voice and everything 🤣😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but Sony does seem to be dickin' around a bit with their business model.

Not sure if things are good and they're getting greedy, or if things are bad and they're desperate.

In either case, I am generally against exclusivity on principle with a couple exceptions, so I'm not complaining.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

Ever since the SNES era. That’s why Nintendo dumped their ass. 😜

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Cows = beta testing peasants

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MysticalDonut

@Juub1990 said:

@mysticaldonut: Ridiculous. Those decisions are made years in advance. Ports don’t take 6 months. The GOW port took 2 years. It started before the PS5 had even hit the shelves.

Yeah but they're not going to announce two years in advance that a port is coming to PC? Because they want to sell Playstation hardware and Playstation games?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

Let the SPIN BEGIN!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Juub1990

@mysticaldonut: You said the reason we’re seeing these ports is because of the shortages which makes no sense because they were planned even before the PS5 was out. Shortages or not, those ports were coming.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

Miles Morales, Returnal and Little Big Planet. The only thing left is R&C and GT7. Damn. This year has been rough for Sony fannies.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MysticalDonut

@Juub1990 said:

@mysticaldonut: You said the reason we’re seeing these ports is because of the shortages which makes no sense because they were planned even before the PS5 was out. Shortages or not, those ports were coming.

There have been shortages for several years now

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juub1990

@mysticaldonut: There were no shortages in January 2020 which is when the porting of GOW started. It was months before the silicon crisis. Furthermore, the plans to bring it to PC would have been put in motion months prior all the way back to 2019.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

The lies i want to see is related to Demon's Remake. When we fund out that there's no RT, they were asked why, and their answer is because "it didn't fit the game", implying there's no reflective surfaces (which is bs lol. plenty of wet surfaces and such). Look at it coming out on pc with full RT support... all of a sudden RT is perfectly suiting the game. I just hate bullshit coming from the devs.

Hitman 3 as well. They said ray tracing was coming to consoles and now it's only on PC. I mean, it all boils down to the consoles being severely underpowered to do the advanced graphics. They probably couldn't get it to work at a steady framerate and just said "F it" until the pro consoles release.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

What a weak ass excuse to try and hate on Sony. Why would Sony tell you what will eventually be on PC when they have a console to sell? 😆

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

all xbox gamers have high end PCs. Myself, I have a 3090ti SLI with a radeon 6950XT. I'm going to be playing spideyman the way it was supposed to be played.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MysticalDonut

@Juub1990 said:

@mysticaldonut: There were no shortages in January 2020 which is when the porting of GOW started. It was months before the silicon crisis. Furthermore, the plans to bring it to PC would have been put in motion months prior all the way back to 2019.

What about Uncharted 4? LL? Spider-Man?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Juub1990

@mysticaldonut: They’re a continuation of a plan that was already in motion. Herman Hulst (or some other Sony exec) said they had been discussing it for a long time before deciding. This was years before the PS5.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

They might have not had plans to release it on PC then. This is coming on two years later.

Some people thought just be like ***pointing finger*** "You lied! Lied!!! Liar liar pants on fire! I am never going to believe anything you say ever again!"

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Juub1990
@lamprey263 said:

They might have not had plans to release it on PC then. This is coming on two years later.

Some people thought just be like ***pointing finger*** "You lied! Lied!!! Liar liar pants on fire! I am never going to believe anything you say ever again!"

God of War was in the works for at least 2 years. They don't get those ideas all of a sudden then next month the port is ready to be announced. It's an affair that takes at the very least two years.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lamprey263

@Juub1990: that doesn't mean there were plans to put Spider-Man on PC back in 2020 back when Insominac said there wasn't plans to out it on PC, this decision could have come after the release of the Miles Morales DLC given Spider-Man's level of overall commercial success it would achieve afterwards could have finally compelled Sony to greenlight production of the PC port. If Insomniac knew of plans to port it to the PC at the time they wouldn't have said what they said as that would amount to an SEC violation.

Also, God of War PC port was outsourced to a third party. This is being done by Sony's own in-house team Nixxes, who Sony acquired in 2021 for their history of porting games to PC. Likely production of the PC port began sometime in 2021.

People seem hung up whether Insominac lied. I see no reason why they did. And people hung up on that should really just beat themselves up about it because ever since Sony started putting its own games on PC pretty much everything is on the table whether they explicitly say so or not.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Who cares? They're porting games years later that everybody in the PS ecosystem has most likely played already. I wouldn't call playing the 2018 GOTY on 2022 a win exactly. I will be picking up that Tunic on September 27th, though, to try to scratch that Zelda itch lol

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MysticalDonut

@lamprey263 said:

@Juub1990: that doesn't mean there were plans to put Spider-Man on PC back in 2020 back when Insominac said there wasn't plans to out it on PC, this decision could have come after the release of the Miles Morales DLC given Spider-Man's level of overall commercial success it would achieve afterwards could have finally compelled Sony to greenlight production of the PC port. If Insomniac knew of plans to port it to the PC at the time they wouldn't have said what they said as that would amount to an SEC violation.

Also, God of War PC port was outsourced to a third party. This is being done by Sony's own in-house team Nixxes, who Sony acquired in 2021 for their history of porting games to PC. Likely production of the PC port began sometime in 2021.

People seem hung up whether Insominac lied. I see no reason why they did. And people hung up on that should really just beat themselves up about it because ever since Sony started putting its own games on PC pretty much everything is on the table whether they explicitly say so or not.

Exactly

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts
@eoten said:

The fact is, the PC market is more profitable than any revenue they're going to bring in trying to force people to buy their hardware. So they're going to release games on PC. Same thing Sony fanboys tried making fun of Xbox for doing.

That's not really true though. If people stop buying Playstation and move to PC( why wouldn't you if they bring over all their exclusives?) Then they will lose subscription fees( which ironically are already down) and they will lose the profit they make off third party games.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Juub1990
@lamprey263 said:

If you think they made the plans, got a studio, and made the port ready for an August 2022 release in like a year, I have a bridge to sell you. This has been in the works for a long time and there's plenty of evidence for it. Your "bu bu but" doesn't align with what we know. The idea to port their titles on PC dates back several years ago.

People seem hung up whether Insominac lied. I see no reason why they did.

So they wouldn't knock the winds out of the PS5's sails. MM is one of the best-selling titles on the PS5. They'd have been idiots to reveal a PC port was in the works.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lamprey263

@Juub1990: making plans after the Miles Morales release, even just after the holiday season it released, would still give them closer to two years to complete the PC port. I think it's likely Sony would at least want to wait to see how Spider-Man and Miles Morales did critically and commercially before making a final decision on whether to move it to PC. It could have always been under consideration but also other games to port to PC too, so could be a final decision was not yet made at the time Insomniac said there were no plans for a PC port back in November 2020.

But totally agree on some level yeah Sony probably doesn't want to advertise their plans to put games on PC when they're trying to sell them on PS5 or even trying to sell PS5 systems. I just don't think Insomniac's November 2020 statement is evidence of that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@eoten said:

Thats the bottom line. Im an old timer here. I remember the years of crap cows posted about games going to PC as well as Xbox. Now their precious Sony is doing it as well as a few of us all predicted would happen years ago.

So now all they can say is "ThEy dOnt gO to PC for YeArs". Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha $$ is all they care about. Not your feelings or fanboyism

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10631 Posts

So a game that came out on ps4 2+ years ago is now going to the pc, and all of a sudden, the ps is redundant??!!!

The desperation for the ps failure is at an all time high!

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@ermacness said:

So a game that came out on ps4 2+ years ago is now going to the pc, and all of a sudden, the ps is redundant??!!!

The desperation for the ps failure is at an all time high!

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

The Miles Morales one releasing on pc is less than 2 years old

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@cainetao11 said:
@eoten said:

Thats the bottom line. Im an old timer here. I remember the years of crap cows posted about games going to PC as well as Xbox. Now their precious Sony is doing it as well as a few of us all predicted would happen years ago.

So now all they can say is "ThEy dOnt gO to PC for YeArs". Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha $$ is all they care about. Not your feelings or fanboyism

It is that simple.👍🏼