How is that Sony is winning the marketing war so easily?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Hood_Honky
Member since 2015 • 979 Posts

Simple,,they are buying all the 3rd party support....

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

So muliplats are wins now? Cows take everything as a victory these days.

Enjoy it though. Sales are the only thing left for Sony. Microsoft actually will have a 2015 without relying on muliplats and is the console for the future.

Enjoy your DX9 and zero cloud support.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

PS4 is actually a good console. Xbone is a turd and people got the Wii U confused for the Wii in its crucial first few months, which is a shame.

@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:

Lying and pretending third party multiplats are exclusive

Sir pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase. You poopoo face.

FUCKING OWNED

SIT DOWN, LEM

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Enjoy it though. Sales are the only thing left for Sony. Microsoft actually will have a 2015 without relying on muliplats and is the console for the future.

Playstation 4

• Exclusive = 54
  • Sony Exclusive = 77
  • Console exclusive and/or timed = 128/19
  • Multiplatform/or TBA = 367/0
  • Free to Play = 47
  • Playable = 337 available to purchase
  • Total = 645

Xbox One

• Exclusive = 37
  • Microsoft exclusive = 21
  • Console exclusive or timed = 63/23
  • Multiplatform/TBA = 312/2
  • Playable = 196 available to purchase
  • Total = 462

Everything IS a victory for Sony.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: You are a turd. An abomination of the highest kind. You are a slave with clouded mind, you deranged fool.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Legend002

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@GrenadeLauncher: You are a turd. An abomination of the highest kind. You are a slave with clouded mind, you deranged fool.

You're one to talk.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@quatoe said:

Because of the name Sony Nintendo. People eat that shit up from names of brands alone.

Fixed

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Legend002

@Ballroompirate said:
@quatoe said:

Because of the name Sony Nintendo. People eat that shit up from names of brands alone.

Fixed

That doesn't even make sense. Sony is demolishing Nintendo even worst than Microsoft.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#59 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@Legend002: Sony is absolutely destroying Nintendo. I love Nintendo but they are getting ass raped.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:

LMFAO

owned

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Playstation 4

• Exclusive = 54
  • Sony Exclusive = 77
  • Free to Play = 47
  • Total = 645

Xbox One

• Exclusive = 37
  • Total = 462

Boom, another lem owned itt

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

Well Sony don't have any big AAA first party games that can compete with Halo 5, they were going to make an Until Dawn limited edition PS4 but that would just look sad and not even Sony Fanboy's wanted that so instead they've decide to make half-arsed limited edition PS4's with stickers on them for third party games, hoping they can compete with Halo 5

He's coming

Loading Video...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I'm seeing things that make me want to avoid the Xbone.

And that's not because the PS4 has deals , but what lems say.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

Fucking fanboys...

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Essentially MS had a public relations nightmare in the run up to launching the Xbox One and never recovered

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@quatoe said:

@Legend002: Sony is absolutely destroying Nintendo. I love Nintendo but they are getting ass raped.

3DS says otherwise.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9584 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

How many countries is the Ps4 available in ?

Are you trying to imply that is why it is selling better? If you are that is a hoot... a hoot I tell ya. However, If I read into this wrong I apologize.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Bad competition

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@quatoe said:

Because of the name Sony. People eat that shit up from names of brands alone.

Yeah the PS3 sold so well because of...oh wait it got stomped by the 360 for most of the last gen.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9584 Posts

SONY didn't really have much to worry about. The only reason they didn't dominate last gen. is because they made a bigger misstep then MS did with the X1 this gen., and the Wii caught lightning in a bottle from the "are we cool now?" crowd that was still creeping into an increasingly digitalized world. Now that the tablet fad, motion sensing fad, and all that crap has largely gone by the wayside for the most part (as far as a huge influx of new customers), people/gamers realize that they actually just want to play games when looking at consoles. Since PS4 delivers that mostly without gimmicks, and has the strongest hardware of the 3 at competitive prices it's a no brainer. I truly didn't think MS was going to do as well as it has so far. I was deeply disgusted by a LOT of the crap they tried to pull, but they either reversed their policies or abolished them.. so all is good for me now that those shit policies are gone. I own all three, and they all have some great games, but I am still disappointed overall with BOTH PS4 and X1. I know there is still time to make a big splash, but just like last gen. things have been pretty underwhelming for the most part to this point, (at least for me) and the only console that has had some truly great exclusives is about to have a new console release right when it feels like it is getting in rhythm... only problem is.. the damn thing isn't selling.. lol.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:
@spitfire-six said:

How many countries is the Ps4 available in ?

Are you trying to imply that is why it is selling better? If you are that is a hoot... a hoot I tell ya. However, If I read into this wrong I apologize.

It was a simple question. I thought it would be faster to ask here than search, combine the numbers and add them all. My bad for expecting actual information to be discussed on this forum.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Legend002: The Sony name isn't selling the PS4, it's actually got potential to be a pretty decent system unlike the Wii U, which I had hi hope for but lets face it, the Wii U is struggling and the only thing that has kept the Wii U for being one of the worst console releases is the Nintendo name.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Hate em or love em... Sony nailed it with that commercial back at launch. The 2 dudes singing about what a lovely day, while blowing each other apart in competitive gaming scenarios.

It was a great, catchy commercial, and they paid big bucks to play it everywhere and often.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Legend002

@mesome713 said:
@quatoe said:

3DS says otherwise.

Funny enough the PS4 been outselling the 3DS since it released as well. lol

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

MS Dont have rrod inflating their numbers this time. This and they didnt have a 1 year handicap like last gen.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Jag85: Microsoft is certainly NOT a bigger brand for consumer electronics. Windows and Office have no cool factor.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#77  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@hood_honky said:

Pretty much, it aint that complicated really. Sony has more money to spend now, and they are on a shopping spree. It certainly helps that their console is selling great, but what helps even more is they are now charging money for an online service that is nearly identical to last gen's, except it was free then. Perhaps I don't visit the right places, but I have yet to see a single PS4 owner say that the online experience on PS4 is significantly better than it was on PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that extra revenue was used to secure some of the "victories" the TC was alluding to.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: PS3 outsold the 360 head to head last generation. Remember 360 had already sold 10 million when the PS3 released. So despite a disaster launch PS3 was still more popular worldwide...

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Sony made the fewest mistakes. Even charging to play online isn't that big a deal due to the incompetence of Nintendo and MS's botched Xbone reveal.

I bought one because of games like Nier 2, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Persona 5. Plus my PC is ancient.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:

LMAO, f*cking destroyed.

Another lem bites the dust.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Because they sold off loads of real estate, their entire Vaio business arm, laid off 10k so they could afford to grease quite a few hands.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Easy.

Because Microsoft sought to effectively kill console gaming as we know it with DRM and implementation of always online infrastructure. Face it, while gamers like playing multiplayer and generally keep their consoles online most the time, they certainly weren't crazy about a console becoming a brick without online after spending so much money to get the console.

Sony did otherwise and thought more about the consumer rather than force something new on the consumer. This is what makes Microsoft a disgusting company to me. They innovate, but try to **** tradition altogether. Something as simple as the consumer effectively owning their own console they paid hard earned money with went out the window...and ultimately, it bit Microsoft in the ass.

Sure, one of these days, consoles may take the always online route, but I'd still think big corporations will market gaming in the manner of "better online" but still offer flexibility for the product a consumer has bought. Microsoft is just an out of touch company...and it shows when you look at their lack of securing exclusives and rehashing the same bullshit over and over.

They could've come out swinging this gen with a Jade Empore reboot or a sequel to Kung Fu Chaos, instead, they got Ryse- Son of QTE, Forza 5 (worst in the series), Titanflop, Dumb-yes Over-hyped, and many other games that made no sense. If anyone fails to see why that put them in last place, well, I don't know what to tell you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Easy.

Because Microsoft sought to effectively kill console gaming as we know it with DRM and implementation of always online infrastructure. Face it, while gamers like playing multiplayer and generally keep their consoles online most the time, they certainly weren't crazy about a console becoming a brick without online after spending so much money to get the console.

Sony did otherwise and thought more about the consumer rather than force something new on the consumer. This is what makes Microsoft a disgusting company to me.

You mean the company that had to pay out settlements for false advertising and installing rootkits on consumer's computers?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 XboxStache

@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

Easy.

Sony did otherwise and thought more about the consumer rather than force something new on the consumer. This is what makes Microsoft a disgusting company to me.

You mean the company that had to pay out settlements for false advertising and installing rootkits on consumer's computers?

Sony still saved gaming. Exposed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib

@XboxStache said:
@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

Easy.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

Easy.

No, the company that forced their consumers to pay for multiplayer that they offered free last gen.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 XboxStache

@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:
@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

Easy.

Don't do that.

Next time, I'm telling a mod.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lostrib

@mems_1224 said:
@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

Easy.

No, the company that forced their consumers to pay for multiplayer that they offered free last gen.

por que no los dos?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lostrib

@XboxStache said:
@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

Don't do that.

Next time, I'm telling a mod.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

They're pulling the some shit MS did with the 360. The only diff is that MS fucked the release of the X1 more than the PS3. Not to mention Nintendo dropped the ball so hard this gen with the Wii U.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#91 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Because you touch yourself at night.

Lol... Reminds me of lostrib's older posts.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

I think people are just scared of the X1, the most sophisticated console on the planet and having DX12 SecretSauce & StormCloud coming soon just scares them even more so they migrate to the simpleness of......

The Bore. :P

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#93 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

because of the better multiplat 1080p thingy that casuals care about.. and it also has more games... but still they don't have a single decent racing exclusive lol

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#94 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Its not like Sony has taken any real effort this gen. Microsoft and Nintendo did most of the work for them. The former by having one of the worst launches ever and the latter by yet again being off in their own little world with a new gimmick.

At least MS is taking a great effort to turn the Xbone image around and it seems to be paying off. And WiiU has a solid library of games. Which is more than can be said for Sony.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Bread_or_Decide: PS3 outsold the 360 head to head last generation. Remember 360 had already sold 10 million when the PS3 released. So despite a disaster launch PS3 was still more popular worldwide...

So you don't remember the PS3's disastrous launch price? How it took years to get any quality exclusives? The horribly ported multiplatform games? It took the PS3 a long time to catch up. And even then PS3 finally managed to only barely meet and then slightly outsell the xbox 360. Head to head? Are you looking at last gen through rose colored glasses? Sony came out the gate as terribly as the xbox one did.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@svaubel said:

Its not like Sony has taken any real effort this gen. Microsoft and Nintendo did most of the work for them. The former by having one of the worst launches ever and the latter by yet again being off in their own little world with a new gimmick.

At least MS is taking a great effort to turn the Xbone image around and it seems to be paying off. And WiiU has a solid library of games. Which is more than can be said for Sony.

Nintendo has already dropped wii U for NX, it's a dead console now. It's guarenteed that both Xenoblade Chronicles x, and the open world Zelda we saw will all be on NX now.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Playstation 4

• Exclusive = 54
  • Sony Exclusive = 77
  • Free to Play = 47
  • Total = 645

Xbox One

• Exclusive = 37
  • Total = 462

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a Sony exclusive. This rule was put in place by COWS at gamespot years back in terms of Microsoft exclusives, but also applies to Sony. Otherwise, add in all PC/Xbox games if the PC game only runs on Windows (as in not OSx or Linux).

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I have no idea why the PS4 is so popular? I have a Xbox One. I've played PS4's and IMO the only thing the PS4 has over the Xbox One is resolution. Xbox One especially with Kinect is a different better experience. Has more apps and does more for your living room, as well as plays games?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:
@hood_honky said:

Pretty much, it aint that complicated really. Sony has more money to spend now, and they are on a shopping spree. It certainly helps that their console is selling great, but what helps even more is they are now charging money for an online service that is nearly identical to last gen's, except it was free then. Perhaps I don't visit the right places, but I have yet to see a single PS4 owner say that the online experience on PS4 is significantly better than it was on PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that extra revenue was used to secure some of the "victories" the TC was alluding to.

A single PS4 owner? Perhaps you don't visit the right places? You don't own these PS machines to compare? Because it's night and day. So, you gather information based on anonymous users online spouting anything?

Your basing the PS3 online vs. PS4 online on being nearly identical because of anecdotal evidence? Not firsthand ownership or experience?

I own all the machines every generation at launch and I can tell you PS4 vs. PS3 online experience is very different.

For example the PS4 exclusive online feature, SharePlay is amazing. The ability to freely play tons of videogames like Injustice, Destiny, or Far Cry 4 with a friend online, friends who do not own those games at all yet can join me in a MP or SP. It also allows someone to play for you on a singleplayer mission if you are stuck without having to go to their house or even own the game. One copy of a game being shared and played online between two consoles at the same time. That's pretty different. It's bringing back couch co op without having to leave your house.

Before Shareplay launched, the experiences were different because PS4 owenrs finally had universal party chat like the 360 had. You could leave voicemails to friends like 360 had (strangely the Xbone lacked some of these 360 prevalent online features at launch). So, yes, you visit the wrong sites and listen to the wrong people. I have had Xbox Live since the original Xbox and I also played Dreamcast online, PS2 online, DS online, etc.

At least now you can say you heard a "single PS4 owner say the online experience on PS4 is significantly better than it was on PS3."

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#100 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Sony learned some great lessons from their mistakes with the PS3.

On the flip side, Microsoft dropped the ball BIG time and Nintendo is just apathetic.

Bingo, add in the part where the PS4 is the runaway hit and the best console for multiplats, so it's going to be the "ideal" console version of their games, pubs/devs have plenty of incentives to lock up some deals with Microsoft.

There is this myth that selling consoles is a marathon and not a sprint, nah, **** that, it's a sprint. The first one to take a major lead and solidify itself as the platform for third party will win, will own the gen. The 360 ultimately lost ground to the pS3, but calling that gen anything other than a loss for the PS3 is acting like it wasn't a colossal commercial failure for Sony. It bled money and cost them their throne.

Just like so much of the Xbox One is a major **** up for Microsoft, they had no business getting shat on by the PS4. They bet the farm on the wrong things like idiots.