How is releasing an unfinished game for $60 dollars consumer friendly?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll How is releasing an unfinished game for $60 dollars consumer friendly? (77 votes)

It isn't 66%
You can just pay $10 dollars instead 16%
The water looks good 14%
Because of the cloud 6%
But Twitch views 16%

Seriously?

• 
LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1874 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@creepywelps said:

It's the consumers fault if they spend $60 on a turd. They should have researched before buying.

You could see that SoT was going to flop from a mile away.

People keep falling for these sandbox games.

What people expect: "Wow, I can play how I want. This is so awesome"

Reality: "There is nothing to do in this game"

Developers love to release sandbox titles because it means they don't have to develop any content. They just tell you to "create your own story".

The next Kickstarter MMO (Ashes of Creation) everyone is jizzing themselves over and emptying out their wallets to support is just this. An empty but "dynamic" world with no content where you get to "create your own story" with friends.

If I wanted to create my own fucking story, I'd use my imagination. I play games for actual gaming content.

This is my problem with Breath of the Wild. People don't want a sandbox game where you can take any progress you want, at least from a Zelda game. We want a big huge game that's practically open world, but we want a linear plot; if that makes sense.

Though Zelda is a lot higher since there is stuff to do and it seems like a fun game. Sea of Thieves is like the worst part of Wind Waker made into an AAA multiplayer game. Constant sailing across an endless ocean and deserted islands.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@creepywelps said:

It's the consumers fault if they spend $60 on a turd. They should have researched before buying.

You could see that SoT was going to flop from a mile away.

People keep falling for these sandbox games.

What people expect: "Wow, I can play how I want. This is so awesome"

Reality: "There is nothing to do in this game"

Developers love to release sandbox titles because it means they don't have to develop any content. They just tell you to "create your own story".

The next Kickstarter MMO (Ashes of Creation) everyone is jizzing themselves over and emptying out their wallets to support is just this. An empty but "dynamic" world with no content where you get to "create your own story" with friends.

If I wanted to create my own fucking story, I'd use my imagination. I play games for actual gaming content.

This is my problem with Breath of the Wild. People don't want a sandbox game where you can take any progress you want, at least from a Zelda game. We want a big huge game that's practically open world, but we want a linear plot; if that makes sense.

Though Zelda is a lot higher since there is stuff to do and it seems like a fun game. Sea of Thieves is like the worst part of Wind Waker made into an AAA multiplayer game. Constant sailing across an endless ocean and deserted islands.

Zelda isn't really a sandbox (it just has some sandbox elements). It has an overarching main story (even though it's a bit thin, it's still there) and tons of side quests. It's your prototypical open world RPG.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

GT has gameplay you clown, all that was missing was cars and tracks which started pouring in weeks later. ?? Sea of Tears has 4K chickens and is barely a game. Rare hasn’t even given people a proper road map of what they’ll be releasing in the next couple of months. PD was already telling us the date they would release more cars as soon as the game launched.

Also ? @ the damage control that Sea of Piss isn’t Xbox’s biggest announced game for the year. State of Decay is a budget title and Crackhead 3 still doesn’t have a release day and looks like a 360 game. Sea of Thieves is a AAA game from Rare, one of MS’ most celebrated studios and has been in development for 4 years by 200 devs and you want to tell me its smaller than State of Decay? You’re a complete clown. ? It would be better for you to just shut up because your damage control is just making things look even worse for lems.

I'm not defending SoT however i'm putting your bullshit into the limelight, GT Sport was a flop and was released with little content, Gamespot even delayed its review because of it, that's all fact no matter how you want to remember it, and yet you never tried to tear it a new one and are doing so for this game.

You've already been owned by me proving that GT Sport was a flop and released with little content thus showing your hypocrisy so my work here is done, you can change as many narratives as you normally do, but the proof is in the reading, have fun with the spin quack.

You’re a clown, GT didn’t flop. Most cows in the hype thread for it hyped it AA and it delivered that. The stupid rigged poll doesn’t prove shit.

?? Go back to chasing after your 4K chickens. Lems hyped Sea of Piss as a solid exclusive and it turned out to be a pile of shit after being developed for 4 years, that’s a real flop.

It is kinda tricky going by polls since they can't be closed and voting can still happen after the fact to make it seem to be different results. But we can always also use posts like from this guy...

#408 Posted by I_P_Daily (6694 posts) - 4 months, 27 days ago

So the hype has gone down from a 9 to an 8, come November it will be a 7 lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@asylumni said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

GT has gameplay you clown, all that was missing was cars and tracks which started pouring in weeks later. ?? Sea of Tears has 4K chickens and is barely a game. Rare hasn’t even given people a proper road map of what they’ll be releasing in the next couple of months. PD was already telling us the date they would release more cars as soon as the game launched.

Also ? @ the damage control that Sea of Piss isn’t Xbox’s biggest announced game for the year. State of Decay is a budget title and Crackhead 3 still doesn’t have a release day and looks like a 360 game. Sea of Thieves is a AAA game from Rare, one of MS’ most celebrated studios and has been in development for 4 years by 200 devs and you want to tell me its smaller than State of Decay? You’re a complete clown. ? It would be better for you to just shut up because your damage control is just making things look even worse for lems.

I'm not defending SoT however i'm putting your bullshit into the limelight, GT Sport was a flop and was released with little content, Gamespot even delayed its review because of it, that's all fact no matter how you want to remember it, and yet you never tried to tear it a new one and are doing so for this game.

You've already been owned by me proving that GT Sport was a flop and released with little content thus showing your hypocrisy so my work here is done, you can change as many narratives as you normally do, but the proof is in the reading, have fun with the spin quack.

You’re a clown, GT didn’t flop. Most cows in the hype thread for it hyped it AA and it delivered that. The stupid rigged poll doesn’t prove shit.

?? Go back to chasing after your 4K chickens. Lems hyped Sea of Piss as a solid exclusive and it turned out to be a pile of shit after being developed for 4 years, that’s a real flop.

It is kinda tricky going by polls since they can't be closed and voting can still happen after the fact to make it seem to be different results. But we can always also use posts like from this guy...

? The clown’s own quote disputes his claim that GT Sport flopped. Talk about self-ownage.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: GT Sport had meat on its bones unlike Sea of Tears. The gameplay in GT was already there so all it needed was content. It’s the reason GS gave it an 8/10 despite lack of modes. You can’t tell me that Sea of Piss has gameplay because you know it doesn’t. It’s a glorified chatroom that costs $60.

? GT has challenge and gameplay while Sea if Flops has chickens. Face it dude, the game is trash and the only hung more hilarious is watching you clowns damage control it. This was supposed to be the biggest game on Xbox this year and it’s a total flop.

Who said this is supposed to be the biggest game on Xbox this year? man you like to make shit up, but thanks for totally avoiding the question as you have accepted that GT Sport did indeed flop and had little content upon release.

So now maybe you will stop being a hypocrite, lol who am I kidding you won't.

Here comes the spin as predicted LMFAO

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:
@asylumni said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

? The clown’s own quote disputes his claim that GT Sport flopped. Talk about self-ownage.

And went back up to a 9, maybe you shouldn't have created those alts to get it back up there, as you did originally predict a 9 LOL.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Who said this is supposed to be the biggest game on Xbox this year? man you like to make shit up, but thanks for totally avoiding the question as you have accepted that GT Sport did indeed flop and had little content upon release.

So now maybe you will stop being a hypocrite, lol who am I kidding you won't.

Well, I did stated SoT isn't a AAA MS game to begin with, but I will admit I underestimate it's popular topic to discuss the game and here I thought everyone (including me) are hype for State of Decay 2.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@djoffer: name a game with more content than uncharted 2 when it came out

Hurry up and while your at it name a xbox eclusive with more. Ill wait. the Shit had more content than halo 3 yet its a movie game. You lems kill me.

Jealous cuase the story aspects are always superior in sony exclusives.

Why does halo have character names ? Why does halo have mission objectives ? Why does it have cutscences period if game arent suposse to resemble movies at all ?

Stop being mad that we do it better lol its 2018.

How the hell do yall think being immersed in similar way of block buster movies is a bad thing ?

A mp game lacking sp content is ten times worse than a sp lacking mp content. You should always be able to have atleast a fair amount of fun while playing alone.

Are you really that delusional? Uncharted games have the story and that's it, there are no side quests, exploration or character development at all. It is not a game series to hold up as an example of content and they are far from immersive.

You want a game that came out in the same year as Uncharted II with more content? I'll keep it to 2009 and a similar genre, so how about Assassin's Creed 2.

I couldn't care less about the Xbox 360 or Xbox One but for an exclusive that has more content than Uncharted 2 how about Fable 2 (2008) or for 2009 Fable 2 GOTY, which has even more content due to the addition of the DLC being included.

Do some research before spouting nonsense and making yourself look like a silly fanboy.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Its not, but sheep buy it

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@GarGx1: a open world game and a rpg game... big whoop. Fable poped in my head when i wrote that post btw anyway , neither one has way more content too. When you add in uncharteds mp aspects

To bad thats one exclusive and is also a rpg so should win content wise by defualt.

My point is.. these are more than just movie games. Which you failed to respond and instead picked a section like a corrupt new media editor lol

You respond to a small point thats a little inaccurate and capitalize...typical. Most of these "movie" games have more gameplay than the usually praised mp focused games yet im called silly ?

You hype cuase i tried guess the entire game library of 10 years ago lol

You call it being a fanboy. I call it stopping ppl from really thinking these are just "movie" games.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Livecommander: You said "name a game with more content than uncharted 2 when it came out" I done just that and very easily too. Now you wish to move the goal posts with a standard issue "that doesn't count because it proves me wrong" statement.

Silly fanboy.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@GarGx1: thats not the entirety of what i said. Dont worry you just dont have enough common sense to understand the overall context.

We will debate when your brain is advanced enough understand beyond the literal.

I hope your atleast a teenager so it wouldnt be that bad.

I will kill is a great song.

Anybody could now say that i said "i will kill" and then call the cops on me if they have the same simple ass mindset you have. I like how you still havent respond to my main point.

Enjoy your ignorance tho. Sony's "movie" games still have more gamplay then most games

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@asylumni said:
@quadknight said:

And went back up to a 9, maybe you shouldn't have created those alts to get it back up there, as you did originally predict a 9 LOL.

LOL, so your theory is that once cows saw reviews coming in putting the game in the 70s on Metacritic, they created alts to raise the prediction to 9.

Keep spinning.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

Releasing unfinished games sucks overall. But gamers have been telling devs for years that it's A-OK, so don't expect it to go away.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Sea of GOAT is worth twice the asking price of admission. Only casual peasant handhold movie game players think otherwise. Just sayin. :P

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Also when a 2-3 years old game gets a port for other platform at full price. What a rip off.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I don't know, street fighter 5 did it