How is it to live in fear 360 owners? M$ is just after your $

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dragon-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dragon-Fire
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

I really dont get people who buy a 360... how can you buy a system that has so many breakdowns?! and dont tell me the games are worth it, because except halo3, most of them will be on ps3 or the pc(mass effect)

Im really starting to think its all part of m$ plan, they desine a faulty mechine so that after a year, right about the time the warrenty runs out, it breaks down, so people need to pay 140$ for repairs...

If your paying for a gold account(a rippoff IMO), the least they can do for you is include with it a lifetime warrenty in the pakege, 50$ a year is no joke, considering a console lasts for 5 years(250$) and in M$ case, i bet the 360 life will be 3 years before they pop out a new one.

I have my ps2 for 5 years now, not once did I need to repair it, and when the ps3 price will go down ill get it, feeling good with myself for buying a quality product :D

Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

:roll:

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
OMG I AM SO SCARED OF MICROSOFT.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

My launch 360 is fine :D

Oh and by the way PS3 sucks.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
*sighs*..i wonder what else is on
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
well i have a launch 360, it has not failed me yet. but then again i realy do not play it much, i just got it so when Gears of war came out ill be ready. IM a pc gamer which is why i do not play it much. but i do have 2 friends who got their system this last xmas and both of them had failed. i guess they play it every other day , i am not sure why it croked on them.
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts

I really dont get people who buy a 360... how can you buy a system that has so many breakdowns?! and dont tell me the games are worth it, because except halo3, most of them will be on ps3 or the pc(mass effect)

Dragon-Fire

got any data to prove this statement, or are you just throwing it out there hoping no one calls you on your BS 

Flipnblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flipnblack
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts
*Punches TC is the nose* Okay everyone, continue your business, we're done here :D
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alfy13
[QUOTE="Dragon-Fire"]

I really dont get people who buy a 360... how can you buy a system that has so many breakdowns?! and dont tell me the games are worth it, because except halo3, most of them will be on ps3 or the pc(mass effect)

El_Fanboy

got any data to prove this statement, or are you just throwing it out there hoping no one calls you on your BS 

he sorta is telling the truth. i have a 360 since launch, and i only own 3 games, Gears of War, Lost planet and dead rising. others i own the pc version since my pc is 10x powerfull then my 360. and alot of games are pc/360 so i end up getting the pc version. only game right now that i want as a 360 exclusve is Blue Dragon.  but games like

bioshock

ALan Wake

Unreal Torn

ill be getting the pc version

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Dragon-Fire"]

El_Fanboy

why do you ask questions you already know the answers to? :wink:
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Isnt that what all companys are after? They dont make stuff for there consumers to be happy, they make them so that they can take the consumers money.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I have had my Xbox 360 for a long time(basically since launch(yes it is a core :( ) and it does crash and freeze sometimes, but it has not died out yet.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaysAirlines
Guys, I really am afraid of MS. My 360 watches me when I sleep. It becomes self aware in the middle of the night and steals my wallet and car keys and buys cigerattes and hookers. FACT.
Avatar image for Bleach_is_basic
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bleach_is_basic
Member since 2002 • 3020 Posts
I've had my 360 since last August. It hasn't even frozen up on me once, let alone completely broken down. My roommate did have a launch unit that got the red rings though. Microsoft did a really good job of taking care of him though. Wasn't the PS2 notorious for Disc Read Errors and such?
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 smokeydabear076
Guys, I really am afraid of MS. My 360 watches me when I sleep. It becomes self aware in the middle of the night and steals my wallet and car keys and buys cigerattes and hookers.

FACT.DaysAirlines
My Xbox 360 buys other Microsoft products when I go to sleep.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
I have had my Xbox 360 for a long time(basically since launch(yes it is a core :( ) and it does crash and freeze sometimes, but it has not died out yet.smokeydabear076
That doesn't sound so good.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Guys, I really am afraid of MS. My 360 watches me when I sleep. It becomes self aware in the middle of the night and steals my wallet and car keys and buys cigerattes and hookers.

FACT.smokeydabear076

My 360 only plays PS3 games.
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
i still got my ps3 working fine, my 360 broke down 2 times already.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Guys, I really am afraid of MS. My 360 watches me when I sleep. It becomes self aware in the middle of the night and steals my wallet and car keys and buys cigerattes and hookers.

FACT.DaysAirlines

My 360 only plays PS3 games.

Well my Xbox 360 only plays N64 games. I think my 360 is better than yours.
users-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 users-name
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts
im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360?  wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it is
njpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 njpj
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
oh dear jebus.
iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
It's called a warranty buddy. Look'er up on wikipedia.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alfy13
im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360?  wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it isusers-name
when Mass Effect was first annouce, it was annouced for PC and 360. but now im not sure, most likely you will see a pc version.
njpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 njpj
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

It's called a warranty buddy. Look'er up on wikipedia.iammason

yup, and with the new extended one there's nothing really to worry about, except well you get kinda pissed when it breaks down. 

El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360? wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it isusers-name
it will be, but 2 years later like jade empire.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawlessx
[QUOTE="users-name"]im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360? wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it isalfy13
when Mass Effect was first annouce, it was annouced for PC and 360. but now im not sure, most likely you will see a pc version.

actually..when mass effect was first shown it was announced for the 360. i dont recall the game ever being said to be on the pc from bioware.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lawlessx
[QUOTE="users-name"]im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360? wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it isEl_Fanboy
it will be, but 2 years later like jade empire.

bioware said that even it it did show up on the pc..it would be after the series is finished on the 360..
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

Im really starting to think its all part of m$ plan, they desine a faulty mechine so that after a year, right about the time the warrenty runs out, it breaks down, so people need to pay 140$ for repairs...

If your paying for a gold account(a rippoff IMO), the least they can do for you is include with it a lifetime warrenty in the pakege, 50$ a year is no joke, considering a console lasts for 5 years(250$) and in M$ case, i bet the 360 life will be 3 years before they pop out a new one.

I have my ps2 for 5 years now, not once did I need to repair it, and when the ps3 price will go down ill get it, feeling good with myself for buying a quality product :D

Dragon-Fire
:roll: hahahaha I can't understand why people buy ps3s either.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="users-name"]im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360?  wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it isalfy13

Just like most xbox to PC porst, 2 years later when no one care and full of bugs.
iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
im getting a new computer soon, so i dont need a 360. the game that really interests me is mass effect, bioshock, and halo 3, but if i can get mass effect and bioshock, and EVENTUALLY halo 3, why should i get a 360?  wait, who said mass effect was on pc? i hope it isusers-name
So you're gonna get a PC for a game coming out later this summer, and then wait possibly 2-3 years for the other two to be ported? Plus, Mass Effect is a trilogy. Don't forget that people!!!
Dragon-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dragon-Fire

Make fun of me all you want... but at least I dont let M$ #@%& me, and no, I didnt mean the 360 itself was scary...just that nice fuzzy feeling I bet you get whenever you switch on your 360...hoping...praying...

and about Mass effect, looks like a killer game(even with the downgraded visuals), Im just asuming it will come to the pc down the road, same as KOTOR, the pc isnt M$ rival, sony is. and a small fact that bioware isnt owned by M$ and would like to share a great game with as many people as possible.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

If your paying for a gold account(a rippoff IMO), the least they can do for you is include with it a lifetime warrenty in the pakege, 50$ a year is no joke, considering a console lasts for 5 years(250$) and in M$ case, i bet the 360 life will be 3 years before they pop out a new one.

Dragon-Fire

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaysAirlines

Make fun of me all you want...

Dragon-Fire
You don't have to tell us twice.
dumfart66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dumfart66
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
So sony is not after our money?  Guess i know why its failing as a company then.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Wow, just wow.
Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts
Luckily, we remembered that the 360 has good games, and that's all that counted when deciding a system. And there was much rejoicing.
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
So sony is not after our money? Guess i know why its failing as a company then.dumfart66
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Make fun of me all you want... but at least I dont let M$ #@%& me, and no, I didnt mean the 360 itself was scary...just that nice fuzzy feeling I bet you get whenever you switch on your 360...hoping...praying...

and about Mass effect, looks like a killer game(even with the downgraded visuals), Im just asuming it will come to the pc down the road, same as KOTOR, the pc isnt M$ rival, sony is. and a small fact that bioware isnt owned by M$ and would like to share a great game with as many people as possible.

Dragon-Fire

No downgraded visuals....

And they would like to share this game with as many people, just not on the Wii or PS3. For Mass Effect 

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Lol because they want to :P
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Attention Gamespot: Feel like you've wasted precious seconds of your life that you'll never get back again by visiting this thread? FEAR NOT! Here's something to make it worth your while... www.tourettesguy.com
Dragon-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dragon-Fire
Hay, I dont give a *&% about sony, Im just saying that I have a ps2, and that it never failed me. Im a pc gamer at heart, and I wanted to know why do you buy a system that has such a bad record. I myself wont compromise on quality...
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Spamwell
Member since 2004 • 464 Posts
If MS is only after money, what are Sony and Nintnedo after??? Our Experience Points? Our love and admiration?
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I'm scared as sh** about my 360 breaking. Whenever I put in a game I wait for something bad to happen first.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Dragon-Fire

Knowing that if it breaks I'll get a brand new one and probably compensation in the form of a game helps in my case. But indeed, for you Americans it sure does suck. Although it has gotten less sucky. At least now you'll get a fresh 1 year warranty for your $140.

Dragon-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dragon-Fire

I'm scared as sh** about my 360 breaking. Whenever I put in a game I wait for something bad to happen first.twopic58

Thats exactly why im not getting a 360 now... cant live with a feeling like that.

maybe when they get a better model out(not the elite)

still, I feel sorry for all those who got one, and are feeling this way:evil:

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

[QUOTE="twopic58"]I'm scared as sh** about my 360 breaking. Whenever I put in a game I wait for something bad to happen first.Dragon-Fire

Thats exactly why im not getting a 360 now... cant live with a feeling like that.

maybe when they get a better model out(not the elite)

still, I feel sorry for all those who got one, and are feeling this way:evil:

Get a warranty. Just pop into the store and get a new one if the need arises.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

I really dont get people who buy a 360... how can you buy a system that has so many breakdowns?! and dont tell me the games are worth it, because except halo3, most of them will be on ps3 or the pc(mass effect)

If your paying for a gold account(a rippoff IMO), the least they can do for you is include with it a lifetime warrenty in the pakege, 50$ a year is no joke, considering a console lasts for 5 years(250$) and in M$ case, i bet the 360 life will be 3 years before they pop out a new one.

Dragon-Fire

Your opinion is like the butter knife of sharp objects.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaysAirlines
This thread bombed as bad as Grindhouse did at the Box Office this weekend.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
All consoles are great. If you dont have money to get one you are just stupid if you then go criticizing the others.
0T00LE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 0T00LE
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
and what do you think Sony and Nintendo are after, your respect? all they want is money.