How hyped are you for Smash Bros Ultimate?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How hyped are you for Smash Bros Ultimate? (52 votes)

MEGA hyped - I'm a huge fan 27%
Regular hyped - it's a Smash game 31%
Ah, what the hell - it's a Nintendo game 2%
My friend will get it 4%
Still thinking about it 6%
I don't like Smash Bros games 2%
Don't care at all 29%

I'm on the regular hype train. It's a Smash game, and I expect it to be fun. But that is contingent on whether they fixed online, which you think they would have. If online sucks, I won't enjoy it that much. I don't really have any friends that play Smash bros, so I rely on online. What about you, SW? How hyped are you for Smash Bros Ultimate?

• 
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

This will retire my wiiU.

Will be great not to keep hooking it up just for smash.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#2 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

This will retire my wiiU.

Will be great not to keep hooking it up just for smash.

Same. Just hoping for a Twilight Princess Switch port then I can sell the Wii U entirely.

Getting some friends together who want to go to the midnight release for Smash.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

I typically like Nintendo character games, meaning games like Mario-kart or Mario Tennis Ace for example, but for some reason I have NEVER been into Smash Bro's.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 2581 Posts

Thank you TC I didn't know how to answer but "My friend will get it" summarize it perfectly.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5271 Posts

I am hyped in a way that I have pre-ordered the Switch bundle months before release.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

Regular hyped. It'll be great.

I'll play the hell out of this with people at work (we already have a group of 7-8 who play Mario Kart weekly).

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

I’m a huge fan of the series and this new game looks amazing so mark me down for MEGA hyped.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

There's no option for "I like Smash Bros but don't have anyone to play with any more"

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@xantufrog: Aww. :(

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I'm definitely looking forward to it. It looks like they're really aiming for it to be the definitive Smash Bros. of all games in the series.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56226 Posts

I'm hype for Ultimate as it is anyways, I already pre-order my copy from Amazon.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21702 Posts

Don't care, but my brother will get it, so I'll play it for 5 minutes before never touching it again.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

It's the best 4 player couch brawler, im,excited for it, especially with every character and stage

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15947 Posts

Dont care for it.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

I’m looking forward to it! I teach 8th grade English, and once per month, our school has a Club Day. I created and run the Nintendo Club.

I set my classroom up with HDTVs (my own and a couple from our media center) and Nintendo consoles, and I bring some Nintendo handhelds to the club. The kids rotate between stations, each one containing a handheld or console for the kids to play, share, and watch. The Switch station will have Smash as the featured four-player+ game after December.

I actually find myself looking forward to sharing my Nintendo affinity with my students than looking forward to enjoying it myself, though I’ve always loved Smash and certainly anticipate this one!

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Siwtch is my first nintendo console therefore this is my first time getting smash bros. Somewhat hyped, no where near RDR2 levels of hype.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59086 Posts

Never played the series and really enjoy fighting games now, so yea. Probably play the shit out of it.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

Honestly, it isn't a day one or really on my radar. I may get it eventually, (Never picked up the wii u or 3ds versions) but i didn't care for the one i played on the wii.

Dark_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dark_man123
Member since 2005 • 4012 Posts

Its going to be amazing no doubt, i just hope my internet service company gets my landline sort out in time because i wont be able to play online due to the Strict NAT on my 4g Lte.

PersonalBox4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PersonalBox4
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

Extremely, Absolutely, Utterly, Fantastically, Enorminolistily Excited

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1056 Posts

Mega hyped after Banjo got leaked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I didn't know any Nintendo fans were on this forum.....Weird.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

It all depends on what modes exist outside of battling. While the single player offerings in Brawl and Melee weren't exactly mind-blowing, they gave you something to do when you didn't have three other people in your house wanting to play Smash. Smash on the Wii U was so barebones I think I played it three times.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#24 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I haven't really been following it, so I wouldn't say I'm hyped. I should really get it though, really enjoyed the Wii and Gamecube ones, but I never got around to getting the Wii U version. I'll have to pre-order it, and I need more local multiplayer Switch games.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jaydan

@dark_drag765 said:

Mega hyped after Banjo got leaked.

Ehhhh, I still take these leaks with a grain of salt. This particular leak is so elaborate though with all its ties with other companies in the business, it might as well be true...Banjo-Kazooie is hype on a whole new level. It might end up being like how everyone reacted to Solid Snake being confirmed for Smash back in the Brawl days - with Snake being the first character ever to break the ice with 3rd-party characters - but this time with Banjo being a major collaboration with Microsoft and Xbox, something people have long-since believed would be impossible.

I really hope it ends up being true because Banjo-Kazooie has always been one of my dream characters to be in Smash. I think Geno will 100% make it in Smash. Everything points in his direction and they say Smash should get one more Square-rep, and between Geno and Sora, I think Geno will take the crown.

I think Ken and Shadow will be perfect Echo fighters and these ones have been speculated for a long time now with different leaks to back them up. It won't surprise me that more 3rd-parties will get the Echo treatment to balance with Castlevania.

Mach Rider and Chorus Kids will be the expected retro-representation and niche/random character we usually get so those make sense, plus Sakurai has tried to have both of them in past installments but they never made it into the final games.

Lastly, Isaac, that just seems like it needs to happen. Fans have demanded Golden Sun representation for so many years now, it will be nice to finally get Golden Sun representation.

The only thing that works against this leak is the fact Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers, and with this many new characters yet to be announced, that just does not add up to Sakurai's claims because on top of all the ones already announced, we'd have about as many newcomers we typically get in a new Smash game...but Sakurai can be a bit of a trickster too, and maybe his plea to make us not expect too many newcomers was an intentional false-flag only to lower our expectations for him to blow our expectations away.

I really hope this leak ends up being true though, especially for Geno and Banjo-Kazooie. The only characters that I could possibly wish for after this leak through DLC: would be Skull Kid, Rex and Pyra and an Arms representation. There's gotta be some Switch representation in Smash, which it's currently lacking, and the latter two characters would be perfect inclusions.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaydan

@saltslasher said:

I didn't know any Nintendo fans were on this forum.....Weird.

You must have not been on these forums in a long time. Sheep are all over these boards these days, ever since the Switch came out. Even hermits, lemmings and cows talk about Nintendo like they're buddies with them.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Mega hyped. Still hoping for a console bundle with the game and that they don't try to inflate the hell out of it prices like they've done to the other bundles they have up for sale right now....

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts
@xantufrog said:

There's no option for "I like Smash Bros but don't have anyone to play with any more"

:( Tell me if you travel to Sweden. I'll lend you me and my friends.

Voted "regular hyped". It's gonna be fun to have Smash parties with friends again.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

I expect it to be fun. But that is contingent on whether they fixed online, which you think they would have. If online sucks, I won't enjoy it that much. I don't really have any friends that play Smash bros, so I rely on online.

Don't count on online, dude. Mario Kart works online, because you can't really see when people lag and it doesn't really affect you that much. Rocket League is practically unplayable on Switch online. A game like Smash Bros, a fighting game where precision is very imprortant, is going to suck hard on Nintendo's online. There will be a lot of lag in a game where just a little bit lag makes it completely unplayable. Nintendo have not expressed that their online have improved anything now that you have to pay for it, it's the same fucking crap, except now it costs to use for some fucked up reason.

Don't get Smash for online. It's a local multi-player game, with some online mode added that doesn't work properly and is just better to ignore. It might work if you're really lucky and find a game where every player in the game has a great connection, but that happens right about never. If 1 person of 8 has a shitty connection, the match will be shit for everyone. It's a great online system Nintendo went with..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24968 Posts

Not hype for it. kiddy game.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Read in different leak that smash will support up to 32 players online. I don't think that's feasible but be interesting to watch.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@xantufrog said:

This is the sad reality :( .... I think that about Mario Kart (mrs sometimes plays) and its the reason I havn't picked up Mario Party...

30 Years old now, planning kids soon, part of me can't wait to have excuses to play again :D

Though kids and the mrs won't provide the same competitive challenge as friends.... :/ can't win

I'l play Smash bros online though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

Can't hardly... Wake. lol

:P

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

I'll get it eventually, but it's not a priority purchase.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1056 Posts

@jaydan: yeah, and Microsoft and Nintendo cooperating would be epic

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5271 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Not hype for it. kiddy game.

There is no need to be insecure about your masculinity about this game. The standards of maturity found in society are unnatural.