How has your experience been using a game subscription service (ea access, gamepass)?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll How has your experience been using a game subscription service (ea access, gamepass)? (45 votes)

Positive: Will continue to subscribe 62%
Meh/Undecided 27%
Negative: Unsubscribe 11%

Have you liked using a subscription service? do you find it beneficial? Will you continue it in the future?

• 
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

Haven't used either but I was on Humble Bundle monthly for a while and that was pretty cool. Don't need to worry about losing access to the games I get.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I love Game Pass... I think it's terrific value for money and will continue to use it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Awesome so far. Great bang for your buck if you play a lot of games. Saves me money overall and I also get access to games I would probably not try otherwise. As long as I am able to download the games and play them locally, I am happy. Fuk streaming.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I haven’t used any myself so I guess I would be undecided. If I were to use one it would probably be Game Pass though as it looks like a great deal. I prefer to buy my games on a physical format though so I can have a collection and play them whenever I want.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Why would I need a subscription service I buy the games that interest me and don't buy games that don't.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I've had gamefly since the PS2 days. Overall it's good but there can issues from time to time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Sub to both EA Origin Premier & Game Pass and I will admit, I rather just rent EA games then buying them despite I don't have any beef with those guys, it's just saves me more money to try their games on the rent that I wanna play so badly such as Anthem and the upcoming Jedi Fallen Order which I''m hype since I'll be renting it then paying full price. Game Pass is really the same with EA Access/Origin that's a hit or a miss depending what MS games you wanna play of course.

Renting & Digital gaming couldn't be more convenient then ever before assuming you are on PC. And if there's one thing I despise, it's game streaming.

Voted: Positive: Will continue to subscribe.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Humble Bundle is my only subscription, and I love it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Very happy with GamePass. Saves me money but the best thing are games like, Rime, Ashen, Void Bastards, Outer Wilds or Mutant Year Zero that I might have not played if not for the service.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Been using Gamepass on PC for Sea of Thieves, but only because it cost 1 dollar for 1 month. Probably wont continue to subscribe unless they have that deal again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

Gamepass is awesome

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

Just did the $1 deal to upgrade 30 months of Gold to Ultimate, so yeah, Game Pass is awesome.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jendeh  Online
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

If you have an Xbox, Game Pass is awesome. Mostly in that you can pretty much always find deals on the subscription. I have had it, but since I also own a PS4, I haven't got much use out of it. EA Access is okay and maybe worth the sub if you want to check out some sports games, ect. I'm a little more "eh" on that one. Game Pass for sure though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Same here, I use it off and on. For one you get to keep the games and you can unsub at any time.

Hellblade for 10eur and Kingdom Come for 10eur is better than anything I've seen in the steam sales so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I've been doing Humble Monthly non-stop for over a year. There been maybe 3 times I wished I would have stop the auto-renewal, but outside Destiny 2 it was cause I already owned the game.

Biggest thing, everytime I say neat a game is on Game Pass, I end up getting it in a bundle like shortly after. I've filled my accounts on PC with so many indies and even getting top shelf games, last couple times got Ops 4, AC Origins and Vermintide 2, and just got Hellblade, and Moonlighter, and indies that might be different, but likely just as good, and own them.

I thought Game Pass neatest thing ever, yet, if you minus'd every game I already own, they have like 50 games, and so I'd be better off buying the games I actually want, however, once XGS starts pumping out more games, GP is gonna become Netflix tier with Outer Worlds, Psychonauts 2, Gears 5 etc.

Origin Access is great cause only $5 and get new games within a year and they don't remove games which is lame on Xbox GP. uPlay+ should be great cause I would love to play Breakpoint and Legion, I just wouldn't pay for them let alone Gold Package at $100 each. So like Game Pass, if you want 3 of the new games, its worth it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
@saltslasher said:

@R4gn4r0k: I've been doing Humble Monthly non-stop for over a year. There been maybe 3 times I wished I would have stop the auto-renewal, but outside Destiny 2 it was cause I already owned the game.

Biggest thing, everytime I say neat a game is on Game Pass, I end up getting it in a bundle like shortly after. I've filled my accounts on PC with so many indies and even getting top shelf games, last couple times got Ops 4, AC Origins and Vermintide 2, and just got Hellblade, and Moonlighter, and indies that might be different, but likely just as good, and own them.

I thought Game Pass neatest thing ever, yet, if you minus'd every game I already own, they have like 50 games, and so I'd be better off buying the games I actually want, however, once XGS starts pumping out more games, GP is gonna become Netflix tier with Outer Worlds, Psychonauts 2, Gears 5 etc.

Origin Access is great cause only $5 and get new games within a year and they don't remove games which is lame on Xbox GP. uPlay+ should be great cause I would love to play Breakpoint and Legion, I just wouldn't pay for them let alone Gold Package at $100 each. So like Game Pass, if you want 3 of the new games, its worth it.

To be honest I've always been against recurring payments i.e. subscriptions.

Things like paying for console online, Xbox Gold / PSN, seemed weird to me as a PC gamer as PC had already been getting online for years longer. And it was better AND free. So paying for something like that seemed nonsense.

But I've been changing my stance recently about gaming subscriptions.

In 2020 I'll be looking into getting Game Pass and Humble Monthly for the entire year. That comes in at about 20eur a month - 240eur a year. That's less than the money I'm spending now on games. And only the Game Pass games I won't get to keep when I remove my subscription.

I can try it as an experiment at least, and see where it goes :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

Even though I've never subscribed to a game subscription service, gamepass seems like a really good deal. I would subscribe to something like that in the blink of an eye if it were available on PS.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Never have and never will, so I have no opinion :)

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@saltslasher said:

To be honest I've always been against recurring payments i.e. subscriptions.

Things like paying for console online, Xbox Gold / PSN, seemed weird to me as a PC gamer as PC had already been getting online for years longer. And it was better AND free. So paying for something like that seemed nonsense.

But I've been changing my stance recently about gaming subscriptions.

In 2020 I'll be looking into getting Game Pass and Humble Monthly for the entire year. That comes in at about 20eur a month - 240eur a year. That's less than the money I'm spending now on games. And only the Game Pass games I won't get to keep when I remove my subscription.

I can try it as an experiment at least, and see where it goes :)

I hardly buy games on sale anymore because Humble Monthly and now Game Pass are such great deals. If I wanted to buy a game I'm very hesitant on doing because of the possibility of it being on Humble Monthly. It already happened to me with Just Cause 3. There were also a couple of indies and other games I had wishlisted that I was thinking of buying only to show up in my Monthly as well. While I'm not completely committed to a full yearly subscription to Game Pass I definitely plan on paying it every other month when there is some games I want to play but don't have enough to buy them outright or I think I won't get on Humble Monthly. I plan on playing Gears 5 through Game Pass even though its also going to be on Steam.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Done ea vip thing a few times and quite happy about it. Don’t see myself just having it on all the time as there simply isn’t enough games I want to play on it. If I still was a kid with unlimited time it would be great value as it have a ton of ok to good games I simply don’t have time for at this point in my life!

Will also give GP a go when it comes to pc outside of the USA!

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

I tried gamepass for free for 1 month.

I got to beat Forza Horizon 4 for free. So although that was a great game, there was nothing else on gamepass worth playing. Tons of indie trash or terrible games like Recore.

I won’t be getting gamepass ever again. No point when 99% of the rentals are trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:Game Pass made Xbox worth owning again, but now that it's on PC, I prefer it, although I like 360 games and they are only on Xbox GP. I'll be keeping X for sure for my own 360 games but Ultimate Pass is nice to have everything, but only doing it right now for the deal and only 1 month commitment.

Basically Xbox's own games are the guarantees and everything else is bonus, and track record has been real great with 3rd party additions, at least on Xbox. It's essentially kind of like Humble Monthly, where you throw the money down for guarantees, except there is way better games coming and when the studios start producing, it will be Netflix level.

EA's $5 Origin Access is nice for on/off, I mostly like the older games but fun to try newer ones a little. I think uPlay+ has it right with ALL DLC, but $15 is rough if they only have Ubisoft catalog of games, EA has non-EA stuff like Game Pass.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Gamefly was cool, but I never had enough time to play the games to make the subscription fee worth it.

Same for EA Origin.

Starting to feel the same way with GamePass for PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k

@saltslasher: Yeah Uplay+ really is the worst sell to me. As I only play Assassin's Creed and Anno from Ubisoft.

So do you have a monthly plan for Humble/game pass or do you take a yearly plan?

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

The only worthy one is Humble Bundle Monthly.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I like Game Pass and it has been getting much better but I have had my fill of EA's services, they don't add enough to the Vault.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

I will continue to subscribe to GamePass; paid the $1 for Ultimate, and I'm good until sometime in 2021; its been a great deal since I've only used Microsoft/Bing rewards to purchase the service.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

GamePass is one of the finest things in gaming right now. Good stuff. :D

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Not sure why anyone would buy games going forward, subscription based services are getting better and better.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

There are amazing games the devs put a lot of time and effort into to bring me an amazing experience. I have not problem paying full price for those games to support the individuals who helped create that product.

Everything else I'll buy on discount or sale if they seem interesting enough to check out.

Having access to tons of games I have no interest in is a nice concept but in practice, I'll never bother to boot the title screen.

If I did sub to a service it would be PSNow for the tons of classic games spanning multiple generations that I've never played, but even then it would only be for specific titles that I'd rather just buy individually and own then continually paying to access.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#31 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I subscribed to the "ultimate" game pass following E3 for Xbox and PC. I've downloaded one game (Metro) from it and enjoyed it. The problem is that I've realized there's a variety of games I would like to play but I simply lack the time to play them, especially when I have so many other games I still need to finish (Like RDR2).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

The only one I use is game pass which is just awesome.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said: