Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts
etc...
etc...

Hello. Was playing Assassin Creed Odyssey and noticed this one is slightly less terrible than the other ones.

Stealth is still bad, especially coming off a masterpiece like Desperados 3, the characters are boring, it's full of bugs, the horse keeps getting stuck, the AI is insanely stupid, and it gives you a "see everything" skill at the bottom of the skill tree to effectively remove any and all exploration.

Boat is good. Has difficulty this time, done bad, but it has it. And the boat is good.

-

Not that Ubisoft gives a shit, as long as it sells and the gaming media shill it until the end of time with inflated scores from game journalists who who barely have motor skills, but how, in theory would we make this franchise a top tier?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38927 Posts

Sell the franchise to a developer that knows how to create a video game. AssCreed will never be good. This developers does not understand what's fun in a video game. Personally, i think that Arkane Studios could've made an awesome AssCreed. But nothing is changing or improving. In 2030 Ass Creed will be as shitty as it currently is, but they might evolve their drone/bird terrain scanning to a satellite.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Take it behind the woodshed and introduce it to Dr. Twelve-Gauge.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#4 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2953 Posts

Boat was too good

Could of just ended series after 4 but Canadian EA

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Done over and over again and again and again. I wish Ubisoft would take a 3 to 5 year break from AC,or at least a couple of years?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Let the series go on ice for 6 years and give it to a talented development team that really wants to innovate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

AC sucks. But if we want to make it top tier we need to remake the series in VR, with proper VR parkour. Oh, and proper VR stealth throat slashing, poisoning, strangling, etc. etc.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Sell the franchise to a developer that knows how to create a video game. AssCreed will never be good. This developers does not understand what's fun in a video game. Personally, i think that Arkane Studios could've made an awesome AssCreed. But nothing is changing or improving. In 2030 Ass Creed will be as shitty as it currently is, but they might evolve their drone/bird terrain scanning to a satellite.

Why does some other company even need the 'Assassins Creed' rights to make a cool game in different historical type settings like that ? So they can use their shitty characters and such ? lol

Doesn't make any sense.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11613 Posts

Writing team needs a complete overhaul, quest designers team needs a complete overhaul, character designers team needs a complete overhaul etc...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Make them top-tier? I'm not sure you can. Odyssey was a decent derivation but struggled heavily... I've yet to complete the game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

Kassandra has beautifully designed and rendered hair but the director appears to settle for a bowl on the head looking like some kind of human/toadstool offspring.

Kassandra I like as a character actually, everyone else is basically a red-shirt. Which is fine when it something like BOTW where you read 5 lines of text, but these people yabber on and on.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7284 Posts

Release 1 game every 3-5 years.

Reduce the scale. Make one city with fewer, but more elaborate side missions. Tell smaller, more personal stories with passing reference to the Assassin/Templar conflict.

Parkor should require more input from the player like gen 6 Prince of Persia games. The world design should be less historically accurate, and more gamey to accomidate this.

Stealth should suck less. Bring back old Splinter Cell designers to overhaul it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15927 Posts

ass creed unity was honestly really damn good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

I actually liked Odyssey, but as a series I think AC could do better.

Would like to see a return to stealth and assassination, less focus on combat, more on evasion. I read a while back that focus group testing claimed people don't like "running away" and would prefer to just fight, so Ubisoft gave these people what they want, though *shrug*

Most of all, however, I just want the series to end. I want to see one or two modern-era and maybe even futuristic games that wrap up the story. Bring back Desmond for a bit so we can have a proper goodbye to the OG protagonist, incorporate the new woman Delilah or Layla or whatever her name is, and just bring us to the modern world where we can shut down Abstergo and actually save the world for good.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9555 Posts

I actually like the majority of the AC games. I do wish they would take the game back to its roots and add more stealth based assassinations, especially on high priority targets. Do that and add more realism in crowds, better ai, more weapons, and new and better animations and things could go from good to great. Am I holding my breath? No, of course not. However, I have really never cared for CoD all that much but Modern Warfare is a good game. Perhaps the industry is finally starting to understand their audience? Probably not, but one can dream.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

I actually liked Odyssey, but as a series I think AC could do better.

Would like to see a return to stealth and assassination, less focus on combat, more on evasion. I read a while back that focus group testing claimed people don't like "running away" and would prefer to just fight, so Ubisoft gave these people what they want, though *shrug*

Most of all, however, I just want the series to end. I want to see one or two modern-era and maybe even futuristic games that wrap up the story. Bring back Desmond for a bit so we can have a proper goodbye to the OG protagonist, incorporate the new woman Delilah or Layla or whatever her name is, and just bring us to the modern world where we can shut down Abstergo and actually save the world for good.

It is the most enjoyable from what I've played, which, is admittedly skipping most of them. Not offensively bad like 1-4. Like, enjoying it way more than something like Witcher 3.

It removes for the most part the series ridiculously obnoxious UI, for what was a incredibly simple game. The new UI is quite good, in fact. Super clean both in-game and in menu.

Just traveling around the world picking up quests naturally (through exploration mode) and bumping into quests, enemies, resources, battles, wildlife etc... is surprisingly immersive and enjoyable, compared to the first couple which felt like "automated wall climber" with theme park placed encounters and a bunch of gimmicks poorly implemented where every item, quest "secret" is highlighted,

That is, until you use this.

I have no idea why that it there, and purposefully ignoring it. The strongest aspect of the game the exploration, they fucked up. It's optional, but most assholes will use it.

I mean you can scout with the eagle, as you know. But at least that requires you to whip it out and engage with the game, and from what I can tell it only highlight what it can see i.e. not inside buildings or caves, primarily serving to tell you the level and allegiance of enemies.

They also kind of fixed the "press X to win" shit. You can still counter, and it's very easy, but it's no longer an auto-kill and enemies no longer stand in line attacking one at time like you're Ip Man.

In general, I like it. But it's pretty buggy and the stealth is complete garbage still. Better off just playing it as an action game and wholly ignoring that shit.

The action option is still generally the best option from what I can tell. It requires less effort and you can kill them much faster.

I was a dumbass and put all my points into bow, which is good for hit and runs where the AI just, constantly resets itself allowing you to go into a loop, but it gets tedious, and why bother? Can still destroy them in melee combat.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

AssCreed gets great reviews year after year why do people hate it so much?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

They are well made games Origins was the right transition for the series playing odyssey at the moment and its just as good if not better. I can understand why people get burned out on the series as they take a lot of time to finish.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46329 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

They are well made games Origins was the right transition for the series playing odyssey at the moment and its just as good if not better. I can understand why people get burned out on the series as they take a lot of time to finish.

Yup, we can't forget how the stealth in previous ACs before Origins was: it was awful, all you had was hiding in a bush and that was it.

Now after the big renewal of gameplay in Origins stealth is actually way more meaningful. Combining the new stealth movement with parkour for example.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

@judaspete said:

Release 1 game every 3-5 years.

Reduce the scale. Make one city with fewer, but more elaborate side missions. Tell smaller, more personal stories with passing reference to the Assassin/Templar conflict.

Parkor should require more input from the player like gen 6 Prince of Persia games. The world design should be less historically accurate, and more gamey to accomidate this.

Stealth should suck less. Bring back old Splinter Cell designers to overhaul it.

Very good suggestions. Very.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
@me2002 said:

AssCreed gets great reviews year after year why do people hate it so much?

The first time I played Oranges, it felt "off", because I expected a classic asscreed. That's why I never managed to get into it. But Odyssey felt right. Dunno why. Now I actually like the shift to action RPG. It's a great game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24933 Posts

Only good AC was AC4 black flag. make it like that or stop making it.

RPG formula is far worse than previous AC game.

come on cup, Odyssey/Origins made AC2 a masterpiece.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup

Another thing deeply dislike is "You can't use this until progressing in story", literally half the skill tree is locked, basically got to put points into shit don't or sit on points until X hours. Aside from story locking them on top of that is the player being locked out by level requirements, where all you're really leveling up for the most part is stacked damage.

In a masterpiece like Desperados 3 the levels will occasionally remove characters or abilities, but the levels themselves are designed around it, they're to add challenge and variation to stop the player getting into the same comfortable loop over and over.

This, doesn't really do that.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10452 Posts

start with stealth. you look at the toolbox you're provided in other stealth games - mgsv, dishonored, hitman - and comparatively ac is woefully under equipped for an assassination based game.

even bread and butter things like carrying bodies are inconsistently implemented. some games have the feature, others don't. in the last one i played, origins, you could only move dead bodies not unconscious ones, meaning you had to kill everyone to hide your tracks. i remember hanging from a balcony when a guard came out, and there was no pull them over the balcony or stick a knife in them whilst hanging mechanic, both stealth game staples. i just hung there like a sucker.

instead you have things like whistling which you could cheese the shit out of, like you could in blacklist. hide, whistle, one guard (only ever one guard) would leave the pack to check it out, kill him, rinse and repeat. how to stealth for dummies.

so start by overhauling the stealth, i could pick holes in the other two core pillars in the game parkour and combat but they're generally in better shape, ac seems to have at least evolved from the one button mash combat. but then there's also the more broader things - the forced side quests to grind out xp to qualify you to play the main story missions and the convoluted and confusing skill point currencies and levelling up trees. in short, they've got a lot of work to do

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 robert_sparkes

I like the rpg elements in the recent games the abilities really help give the combat more depth. I think the AC series needed to go more towards an action rpg in the gaming climate.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi said:

start with stealth. you look at the toolbox you're provided in other stealth games - mgsv, dishonored, hitman - and comparatively ac is woefully under equipped for an assassination based game.

even bread and butter things like carrying bodies are inconsistently implemented. some games have the feature, others don't. in the last one i played, origins, you could only move dead bodies not unconscious ones, meaning you had to kill everyone to hide your tracks. i remember hanging from a balcony when a guard came out, and there was no pull them over the balcony or stick a knife in them whilst hanging mechanic, both stealth game staples. i just hung there like a sucker.

instead you have things like whistling which you could cheese the shit out of, like you could in blacklist. hide, whistle, one guard (only ever one guard) would leave the pack to check it out, kill him, rinse and repeat. how to stealth for dummies.

so start by overhauling the stealth, i could pick holes in the other two core pillars in the game parkour and combat but they're generally in better shape, ac seems to have at least evolved from the one button mash combat. but then there's also the more broader things - the forced side quests to grind out xp to qualify you to play the main story missions and the convoluted and confusing skill point currencies and levelling up trees. in short, they've got a lot of work to do

Yea, this.

But I mean they won't, most of the leveling up isn't opening up avenues of creativity, it's buffering the players offence/defense in as many segmented means possible with grind wall after grind wall. And that's on top of the bullshit mentioned above.

Goes without saying we know the reason why. Even playing Odyssey today, hitting level 10, a message pops up offering the player complimentary credits to wet their appetite in the payed shop, which has a dedicated button on the pad and sits on the main menu above all other categories.

I imagine as well, that might be the motivation as to why they are so stringent on the leveling system locking the player out of areas, forcing them out of content to consume new w with the option to grind or pay up.

Ubisoft are very clearly unmitigated cunts.

Boat stuff is good though.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robert_sparkes

My main gripe is they force you to do side quests too much and it takes forever to level up. The present day stuff is completely pointless as the characters are boring.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup

@robert_sparkes said:

My main gripe is they force you to do side quests too much and it takes forever to level up. The present day stuff is completely pointless as the characters are boring.

Yea, noticed that with Odyssey compared to the last one played (III?). Like 20 seconds of two woman saying "hey, computer" immediately putting the player in old-people-times. Compared to III and the prior entries where it's like a bunch of cliche' characters from a poor 90's hacker show you have to hang around with for like 1/5 of the game.

It's weird cause some of the characters are very likable, Kassandra's awesome but this guy is like the shittest character ever conceived in a game, has even got traits to dislike, because he has none.

He's "man".

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8476 Posts

By killing it for good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#31 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Don't change too much just let Sony publish it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

You guys make Odyssey sound like complete shite. Not that I'm surprised. Origin was a huge turd.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

@uninspiredcup: All your points are valid. And to touch on the skill system again, I really don't like it in most games. I know we are playing video games and therefore need to suspend our disbelief, but I will never understand how an elite soldier needs to gain experience to improve his aim, or how a veteran Greek mercenary doesn't already know how to disable a foes shield, and so on and so forth.

I guess that is just how AAA games come these days; must have some sort of skill and leveling system. God forbid we play for the fun of it; no no no, we need a tangible reason to play. How about XP and skills!?!? Sure whatever OK.

If you're looking for what is [in my opinion] the best AC game, I recommend Unity. It is the most beautiful game (takes place during the French revolution), has arguably the best protagonist after Ezio, and is the pinnacle of the original AC gameplay (stealth-focused) while having a bit of the new in terms of combat.

It has aged incredibly well, and the love and care they put into that game is obvious from the first second. Fun fact: Ubisoft took such comprehensive scans and measurements of Notre Dame cathedral so they could portray it accurately, that the French were able to use those scans to aid restoration of the cathedral after the fire.

@robert_sparkes said:

I was actually OK with the side quests; they were for the most part fairly unique, and had their own dialogue. Though I can understand getting tired of them as you had to do a lot of them to level.

And yeah, they really screwed up the modern day stuff with whats her name...Layla Hassan or whatever. They dabbled in it but honestly they should have put in a bit more. Exploring the past is great, don't get me wrong, but in a game that's about fixing the present/future, you really don't seem to do much in that regard.

Still hoping for a modern-era AC game. Given that Splinter Cell seems to be all but dead, we could use another stealth game in modern setting.

@pc_rocks said:

By killing it for good.

After maybe one or two games, yes, that would be awesome.

Ubisoft is a very good publisher/developer, despite their problems. They make the games I really enjoy as far as AAA stuff goes. I'd like to see new IP's from them, though.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22701 Posts

@uninspiredcup: oh man, I'm so glad you made this thread.. I played the opening of odyssey a month ago... Then stopped, because it felt like I wasn't gonna commit to it. I gave it one more chance last week and BAM, 40 hours into it saying man, this is not a terrible game and I even really like a lot of it.

It doesn't do anything spectacularly, and I want to be clear.. Movement is fine. I live that the entirety of the world is climbable like botw. I think swordplay is passable based on the series prior offerings, but could be improved. If anything I'd say, sneaking and killing silently offers the most gratifying moments and open combat is where things get repetitive and clunky.

I like that they stripped the modern world story down to bare bones and I do enjoy adventuring ancient Greece. I didn't really pay attention to this stuff in school, so I find myself watching some Greek documentaries to fill in actual context.

The missions... Man, so many are bad. This is where they need to make strides... And let me give you an example.

Talk to woman

"please, can you bring this letter to my spartan husband behind enemy lines!?"

Accept quest

Run appx 200m to guy standing in other side of town.

Press "Talk"

Mission complete.

There is just absolutely no way these kinds of "activities" can be in games like this any longer. The madness has to stop. Ubi should develop a more diverse set of catalysts for players... They need to step away from "everything is a mission" and maybe do more with making the world come alive.

Take their boat system for example. In ac4 that was built as a new development to the series to diversify the gameplay and offer a more varied experience. The addition of swimming in the ocean is another great addition.

The problem is that if I'm always diving for the chest and killing the shark... It gets old.

If I'm always clearing the camp... Void of any real consequence.... It gets old.

Etc etc.

I think they need to diversify the experience again. Keep the boating. Refocus on the ability to be stealth. Keep the freedom to choose how, but tighten the systems a bit. For the love of God...please only offer missions that are worth our time. We know how to run and press triangle.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1243 Posts

Remove the bullshit leveling for starters.

They should've just delayed Unity for 6 months. I only played it briefly - plan to revisit eventually, but it and maybe Syndicate are the only good ones (maybe). If Unity hadn't been such a mess, this garbage RPG reboot may not have happened.

Black Flag was ok if you wanted a pirate game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9400 Posts

I heard that Ghosts Of Tsushima is the best Assassins Creed game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup

@TheEroica said:

@uninspiredcup: oh man, I'm so glad you made this thread.. I played the opening of odyssey a month ago... Then stopped, because it felt like I wasn't gonna commit to it. I gave it one more chance last week and BAM, 40 hours into it saying man, this is not a terrible game and I even really like a lot of it.

It doesn't do anything spectacularly, and I want to be clear.. Movement is fine. I live that the entirety of the world is climbable like botw. I think swordplay is passable based on the series prior offerings, but could be improved. If anything I'd say, sneaking and killing silently offers the most gratifying moments and open combat is where things get repetitive and clunky.

I like that they stripped the modern world story down to bare bones and I do enjoy adventuring ancient Greece. I didn't really pay attention to this stuff in school, so I find myself watching some Greek documentaries to fill in actual context.

The missions... Man, so many are bad. This is where they need to make strides... And let me give you an example.

Talk to woman

Accept quest

Press "Talk"

Mission complete.

There is just absolutely no way these kinds of "activities" can be in games like this any longer. The madness has to stop. Ubi should develop a more diverse set of catalysts for players... They need to step away from "everything is a mission" and maybe do more with making the world come alive.

Take their boat system for example. In ac4 that was built as a new development to the series to diversify the gameplay and offer a more varied experience. The addition of swimming in the ocean is another great addition.

The problem is that if I'm always diving for the chest and killing the shark... It gets old.

If I'm always clearing the camp... Void of any real consequence.... It gets old.

Etc etc.

I think they need to diversify the experience again. Keep the boating. Refocus on the ability to be stealth. Keep the freedom to choose how, but tighten the systems a bit. For the love of God...please only offer missions that are worth our time. We know how to run and press triangle.

Disagree about exploration being weak Le_Erotica, but I agree the missions themselves tend to be bland, MMO like in nature where the writers mistake boring for mature.

Since everyone is fapping heavily to Ghost of Thushima, I think what Odyssey really reminds me of that scene in Yojimbo where the Mifune throws a stick in the air to decide what direction he's going to go.

Loading Video...

With Odyssey, that's what the game feels like at times. And with large expansive spaces that serve no purpose other than to be beautiful scenery combined with a lack of clear cut direction (again exploration mode) it lends a sense of organic traversal where the player directing situations than the game directing it for them.

But it's undermined by what you mention. Instead of an engaging story to reward that sense of discovery, it's a woods-stump wanting busy work.

I don't think mundane is always necessarily bad, having it can punctuate the dramatic stuff. Adding in multi-phase quests lines where they themselves are mini-story arcs reaching satisfying crescendo would have really helped, as would making general quest givers act similarly to mercenary mode where-by rather than stationary they themselves also traverse the environment. Make it more difficult to initiate quests, but i'm fine with that, and could easily be minimized by limiting it to roads and home locations with a few peppered in obscure locations to reward going off the beaten path.

-

The targeting system is also quite bad. When you get put into a Conquest Battle, using that targeting system flicking from one enemy to another, all the background characters engaging other NPC's get targeted and then I found myself accidentally jumping in and out of photo-mode.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 robert_sparkes

The conquest battles need to stay but be refined the best thing about odyssey.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Add depth to the combat and stealth. As your own post highlights, simply being difficult or having difficulty in it of itself is not enough. Players need options, interesting decisions to make. The gameplay doesn't reward a more finesse player to do cool shit. The parkour sort of used to do that in the older games, but so little of the game needed it given how much of the content is built around mediocre stealth n action.

Better games than Odyssey get more out of open world shenanigans by simply trying to make the mechanical stuff more engaging. Alternatively they at least have fun characters n story telling ala The Witcher 3 (gameplay is still wack tho).

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24933 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

Talk to woman

Accept quest

Press "Talk"

Mission complete.

Etc etc.

Disagree about exploration being weak Le_Erotica, but I agree the missions themselves tend to be bland, MMO like in nature where the writers mistake boring for mature.

Since everyone is fapping heavily to Ghost of Thushima, I think what Odyssey really reminds me of that scene in Yojimbo where the Mifune throws a stick in the air to decide what direction he's going to go.

Loading Video...

With Odyssey, that's what the game feels like at times. And with large expansive spaces that serve no purpose other than to be beautiful scenery combined with a lack of clear cut direction (again exploration mode) it lends a sense of organic traversal where the player directing situations than the game directing it for them.

But it's undermined by what you mention. Instead of an engaging story to reward that sense of discovery, it's a woods-stump wanting busy work.

I don't think mundane is always necessarily bad, having it can punctuate the dramatic stuff. Adding in multi-phase quests lines where they themselves are mini-story arcs reaching satisfying crescendo would have really helped, as would making general quest givers act similarly to mercenary mode where-by rather than stationary they themselves also traverse the environment. Make it more difficult to initiate quests, but i'm fine with that, and could easily be minimized by limiting it to roads and home locations with a few peppered in obscure locations to reward going off the beaten path.

-

The targeting system is also quite bad. When you get put into a Conquest Battle, using that targeting system flicking from one enemy to another, all the background characters engaging other NPC's get targeted and then I found myself accidentally jumping in and out of photo-mode.

Assassins creed 1 has best concept. it was basically mediaval Hitman game. you got mission, eliminate target and extracted. but it was badly badly execute.

with AC2 they went with full cinematic story driven movie game. and then they gone with RPG crap.

instead they should do what Hitman did with 2. Hitman 1 was terrible game. excellent idea but poorly executed then Hitman 2 fix it and become masterpiece as a result series follow its structure and still survive.

AC2 should did what original Hitman 2 did.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup

So, on top of "You have no tprogressed in the story" and "You are not level X" locking out most of the tree, we now have this.

A progress chart, for a progress chart, for a progress chart.