How Do Sheep Now Feel About The Zelda TP Rating?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts

Clearly, there is no bias towards the Wii, from Gamespot.

Since that was established, what are you current thoughts on GS' review of Zelda TP, as well as your awful behavior.

NOTE: for those who do not know or remember, when the Zelda TP review hit, Sheep went totally crazy. Most of them, not all. They also demanded Jeff be fired. The score was 8.8 and they felt that was an injustice. So much, that humiliating Jeff on these boards was some form of vindication.

BlackIsle_rip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BlackIsle_rip
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts

94% on Gamerankings.

Bu.. bu.. Uncharted is AAA! :cry:

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Why are you bringing up ancient history?
tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

94% on Gamerankings.

BlackIsle_rip

I guess it still hurts.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

I wasn't on GS at the time.

And maybe it's just me, but it seems like trashing Nintendo, the Wii, and sheep whenever a good Nintendo game hits seems to be an extremely popular form of damage control and vindication.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.tader-salad
:| First of it's a Game Cube game. SEcondly the Wii has higher standards than the GC.
BlackIsle_rip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlackIsle_rip
I guess it still hurts.Ragnarok1051

Playstation 3 doesn't have an exclusive that has scored higher than Zelda: Twilight Princess, either on Gamespot or on Gamerankings. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a good reason to buy a Nintendo Wii.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
It was under-rated here for sure...but not by a lot. OOt and WW were simply much better games.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
If TP had chainsaws, it would of gotten a 10. :(
Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Demetri_OS

Why are you bringing up ancient history?Tiefster

It was made pretty clear back then that Sheep felt GS was bias towards the Wii. With Brawl, and even No More Heroes, that is clearly not the case.

So, how do you all feel now, knowing that is clearly not the case.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

Why are you bringing up ancient history?Tiefster

Damage control...

Blackification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blackification
Member since 2006 • 1275 Posts
Why do people ask this everytime wii gets a good review?
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
hmm, nothing against the review or jeff gerstmann. But i think TP is the best Wii game out there. beating out both galaxy and brawl. But I still see the reasons for not scoring it AAA, even though I do not agree with most of those reasons.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
After the sheep rioted it was pretty much accepted that yes TP wasn't anything new or innovative, but quite derivative and deserved its less than AAA score.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I guess it still hurts.BlackIsle_rip

Playstation 3 doesn't have an exclusive that has scored higher than Zelda: Twilight Princess, either on Gamespot or on Gamerankings. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a good reason to buy a Nintendo Wii.

Or keep your gamecube.

BlackIsle_rip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackIsle_rip
[QUOTE="BlackIsle_rip"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I guess it still hurts.Ragnarok1051

Or keep your gamecube.

It's impossible to find on Gamecube. :(

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

If TP had chainsaws, it would of gotten a 10. :(leviathan91

yeah... chainsaws!!! Oh, and online team-deathmatch and capture-the-flag multiplayer...

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
[QUOTE="tader-salad"]It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.haris12121212
:| First of it's a Game Cube game. SEcondly the Wii has higher standards than the GC.

The GC version outscored it buy 1 point, just 1. Doesn't that sound a little weird ? I mean, considering the fact that there was no definitive version of Zelda TP.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#20 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I kinda just posted about this on that other thread by Zenfolder... the one entitled "Brawl Broke Fanboys Hearts." Not all, but many fanboys are very pick and choose when it comes to situations such as these. They may have condemned GS to the pits of hell with the TP review, but now that GS has given 9.5s to SMG and SSBB and a 9 to NMH, its all good.

One thing I would like to know, and its not that big of a deal really, but why did TP get docked for not having voice-work in it but in the SMG and Brawl reviews, there wasn't much mention about the no voice-acting? This is probably a very stupid and trivial thing such as different reviewers, but it bugs me cause sometimes the game is better without voice-acting. And as such, I don't see why TP got docked for it. :( :P

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

:lol: now the wii-bashers are bringing up a topic that is well over a year old for damage control?

i''m disappointed that it has come to this. desperation at it's finest :lol:

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]If TP had chainsaws, it would of gotten a 10. :(67gt500

yeah... chainsaws!!! Oh, and online team-deathmatch and capture-the-flag multiplayer...

Yeah, pretty much. Gotta love them shooters!

Re5identEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Re5identEvil
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
I didn't like TP that much and agree with Jeff's score. Glad to see he's started a new gaming site, he is a good reviewe imo.
Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Demetri_OS

There is one other thing Sheep don't seem to understand; the meaning of Damage Control.

If I was refuting GS' score of Brawl, that would be damage control.

This thread is not Damage Control, since I am in no way refuting GS' score of Brawl.

Are people just tossing phrases and words out?

CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

I say the same thing now as I did then.

It's a bad review with an inaccurate score. But it's not as bad as the travesty of a review they wrote for Metroid Prime 3.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="BlackIsle_rip"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I guess it still hurts.BlackIsle_rip

Or keep your gamecube.

I'm sure you can find it at a Gamestop used.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

[QUOTE="Tiefster"]Why are you bringing up ancient history?Demetri_OS

It was made pretty clear back then that Sheep felt GS was bias towards the Wii. With Brawl, and even No More Heroes, that is clearly not the case.

Well first of all, I'm not a sheep...and secondly you can say the same about any fanboy group here. "How do lems feel that ME got an 8.5" "How do cows feel about the R&C score?" And third, this is old stuff, and right now sheep are happy. An 8.8 from a year ago isn't going to make them go up in arms against GS nowadays especially with the said titles score AAA.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
[QUOTE="tader-salad"]It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.haris12121212

I'm sure it does. :lol:
Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Demetri_OS
[QUOTE="Demetri_OS"]

[QUOTE="Tiefster"]Why are you bringing up ancient history?Tiefster

Well first of all, I'm not a sheep...and secondly you can say the same about any fanboy group here. "How do lems feel that ME got an 8.5" "How do cows feel about the R&C score?" And third, this is old stuff, and right now sheep are happy. An 8.8 from a year ago isn't going to make them go up in arms against GS nowadays especially with the said titles score AAA.

Eh, I don't remember any other group of fans acting like Sheep did. I could be wrong.

Sheep made it on G4 TV, their behavior was mentioned on Attack of the Show.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zassimick  Moderator

[QUOTE="haris12121212"][QUOTE="tader-salad"]It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.Aljosa23

It does. The Wii is the successor to the Gamecube, so more is expected from it.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

gs underrated it, but it's still a good rating so I'm not too peeved about it. I disagreed with a lot of things in the review. I thought the wiimote speaker wasn't that bad. The motion sensing combat, while tacked on, was still visceral and fun.

One thing I agreed on was that I thought everything with the twilight realm, including the wolf gameplay and story, was completely original to the series and just a blast to play. Plus, those twilight sections are a good introduction to new areas (new areas are generally shrowed in twilight in the game).

there are bad things too, like how it's trying too hard to be ocarina and how the bosses are too easy, but the good outweighs the bad quite heavily

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zassimick  Moderator
[QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="Demetri_OS"]

[QUOTE="Tiefster"]Why are you bringing up ancient history?Demetri_OS

Eh, I don't remember any other group of fans acting like Sheep did. I could be wrong.

Sheep made it on G4 TV, their behavior was mentioned on Attack of the Show.

It was pretty bad after the Ratchet and Clank review with cows. I don't remember too much coming from the Lemmings though after Mass Effect rating. Of course, I could be wrong about this cause my memory tends to be a little shoddy sometimes.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts

94% on Gamerankings.

BlackIsle_rip

teh Killzone :cry:

BlackIsle_rip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BlackIsle_rip
[QUOTE="BlackIsle_rip"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="BlackIsle_rip"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I guess it still hurts.Ragnarok1051

Or keep your gamecube.

I'm sure you can find it at a Gamestop used.

People don't sell Zelda: Twilight Princess, and when they do (rarely) it's snapped up immediately.

It's one of those games that will be worth a lot on Ebay after the end of the generation because it's so rare.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"][QUOTE="haris12121212"][QUOTE="tader-salad"]It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.Zassimick

And yet it won't ever get a game that's close to Metroid Prime or Wind Waker. Ironic isn't it.
prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts
the score was to high. zelda TP was an 7.5. its the only zelda (nintendo made) that is worse then a 9 IMO.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ragnarok1051

People don't sell Zelda: Twilight Princess, and when they do (rarely) it's snapped up immediately.

It's one of those games that will be worth a lot on Ebay after the end of the generation because it's so rare.

BlackIsle_rip

My point is that it is an option to keep your gamecube as well.

BlackIsle_rip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BlackIsle_rip
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"][QUOTE="haris12121212"][QUOTE="tader-salad"]It wasn't so much the review itself, but the fact that the GAMECUBE version scored higher than the Wii version, That made zero sense to me and others.Aljosa23

And yet it won't ever get a game that's close to Metroid Prime or Wind Waker. Ironic isn't it.

Who are you? Alanis Morissette? That's not even true, let alone ironic. :roll:

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zassimick  Moderator

And yet it won't ever get a game that's close to Metroid Prime or Wind Waker. Ironic isn't it.Aljosa23

Now you are delving into the realm of opinion, which then most of my replies are based only on the thoughts of other gamers or myself.

I absolutely love Metroid Prime and I think Wind Waker is right up there with Ocarina of Time; in fact I may go as far to say as I enjoyed Wind Waker a little more than OoT (only by a little bit though). But my experience with Twilight Princess was incredible, and that game is a game close to the greatness of Wind Waker, and that is also on the Wii. So in my opinion, the Wii does have a game that is right up there (though I played TP on the GC).

Secondly, Super Mario Galaxy. I started that up today, it won quite a few GotY awards plus it is second in overall score on Gamerankings I do believe. Therefore, that puts it above Metroid Prime and Windwaker, thus showing that the Wii does have a game that's close, if not above the two aforementioned games.

And it may only be a matter of time till SSBB gets the scores that put it right with those two games.

Add in the fact that we will probably see another Zelda title this generation, I think the Wii has/will have games that are very close to Metroid Prime and Wind Waker.

eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
8.8 is a more than adequate score for that game. It was highly over-rated.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
i honestly don't care anymore
BlackIsle_rip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BlackIsle_rip

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that the highest scoring PS3 exclusive is 8.6.

Have a nice day.

/Thread

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

The sheep threw a fit when that happened and most of em cried teh bias... Calling this place "Lemmingspot" for several months. :|

Don't worry though.. All is forgiven because Mario G, SSBB, and NMH got the scores they wanted... :roll:

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
Might I point out that sheep aren't the only animal that have freaked out at a flop of that magnatude before.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Might I point out that sheep aren't the only animal that have freaked out at a flop of that magnatude before. GundamGuy0

Cows came close when Uncharted and Rachet flopped...

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]Might I point out that sheep aren't the only animal that have freaked out at a flop of that magnatude before. OhSnapitz

Cows came close when Uncharted and Rachet flopped...

I swear the Lair reaction was just as bad
prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that the highest scoring PS3 exclusive is 8.6.

Have a nice day.

/Thread

BlackIsle_rip
id like to point out the wii has less then 20 games with a score of 8 (AA) or more. /thread
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
Gamespot's TP review always has been, and always will be, a biased piece of crap. Just because they're being kinder to recent Nintendo games doesn't mean that Jeff wasn't full of it when he gave that game an 8.8 just because he couldn't saw through somebody in HD.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Worst Zelda game I've ever played.

I think it deserved less

Majoras Mask FTW

EPaul