How can people stand visuals like this? (56k warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

I can't even tell what I'm looking at. Look at the girl on the swivel chair. What part is the chair and what part is the body? What the hell is this stuff Nintendo? I'm not going to blame Capcom because they know how to do amazing graphics. Nintendo gave Capcom a system that just can't cut it. Look at these visuals below instead. Man, for $50 more you can have these graphics. Highly pleasing on the eyes and non-confusing, which is why devs prefer Xbox 360/PS3 more:

Nintendo may have made the wrong decision this gen. $50 more and you get HD graphics and real next-gen hardware inside.

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

but the wii is 250$ so it HAS to have better gameplay:cry:

no srsly gameplay is better than graphics

VGlegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VGlegends
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
Tell you the truth for action games I don't really care.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Becausethey register fun with it?
Basic_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Basic_Instinct
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
Nice going, you picked the worst looking screenshots for the Wii. The Wii can put out some amazing graphics, just take a look at SMG.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Because some of us aren't graphics whores? I mean my favourite 3 games of all time are Baldur's Gate 2, Deus Ex and NHL 94 and believe me, NHL 94's graphics are way overrated.
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaosed

Nice going, you picked the worst looking screenshots for the Wii. The Wii can put out some amazing graphics, just take a look at SMG.Basic_Instinct

sorry but no, every other console including pc smoke smg in graphics

sorry but its true

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PhoebusFlows

And I want to make it clear I'm not talking about No More Heroe's graphical style. I know it's going for a more cel-shaded type look. The problem I have is (not just NMH) that Wii games continue to look so poor in a climate where standards have risen. They are not keeping pace or even attempting to meet halfway. These graphics are literally no better than Jet Set Radio on Xbox, a game I loved. I have no problem with these graphics if I was in 2002-2005, but it's time to move on.

I would be less hostile towards Nintendo if they more than made up for it in the creativity department. But so far, from the Wii games I've played, none of them really needed the Wii-mote and none of them are brimming with new ideas. And it's not like Xbox 360 and PS3 games have no new ideas of their own.

To sum up: I'm very disappointed in Nintendo's direction this generation. Zelda and Mario could've looked so amazing but nooooo, we need to draw in these casuals and make a profit. :roll:

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Thanks for letting me play Your x360.
Ow wait i was just watching the game not playing it.
It's not that hard to. Different kind of view. The focus on what's interesting about a game, and not on what it could have done better.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

How can people not stand fun games? Eh well. Regardless looks will never make a game. Gameplay will always make a game. Maybe we should all just play Crysis and no other game at all.

Maybe we should never play old games ever again. Maybe consoles should not have B/C built in with them at all. Because who likes looking at crappy games right?

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
What the hell is this stuff Nintendo? I'm not going to blame Capcom because they know how to do amazing graphics. PhoebusFlows
I'm not saying NMH looks bad, but if it did then yes, it is Capcom to blame. The Wii is capable of putting out great graphics, especially if the game relies more on style than realism.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
No More Heroes is made by Capcom?! What?!
redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 redmetal86
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

I'm not going to blame Capcom because they know how to do amazing graphics. Nintendo gave Capcom a system that just can't cut it.

PhoebusFlows

You shouldnt blame Capcom, because they are in no way, shape, or form involved in this game

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts

Yeah i know how can people prefer that ,guess thats why the wii has sold least consoles . OHH WAIT they

Yeah nintendo did screw up,

think you see where this is going

Try harder then come back

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArisShadows
I am sorry but last time I looked, Mario looked amazing.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

800x467? What the hell's up with the resolution?

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

Is this screen a joke. No more heroes should be blasted if ign can post one screenshot that looks like this. It looks like cruis'n.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
To quote the Bard "You don't play graphics"
PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PhoebusFlows

How can people not stand fun games? Eh well. Regardless looks will never make a game. Gameplay will always make a game. Maybe we should all just play Crysis and no other game at all.

Maybe we should never play old games ever again. Maybe consoles should not have B/C built in with them at all. Because who likes looking at crappy games right?

Blackbond

Xbox 360 and PS3 offer the latest high-end graphics AND offer the old games. You get the whole spectrum. Nintendo offers far less. They offer the old games and the modern games look like the games from Xbox and Gamecube.

No Mor eHeroes is going to be a new title for 2008. It should look better, not hide behind more excuses. It should not look like Xbox 1, it should look way better than Xbox 1. The more excuses you allow to come inside the door, the more your integrity will weaken. I don't allow excuses into my door.

I will make one correction. I didn't realize Grasshopper is now under Ubisoft. I thought they were still part of Capcom (like I really care. Not like Capcom could've made it any better on this system)

You'd be lying if you weren't slightly disappointed. Dont try to hide it. And if you think these visuals are fine, I bet you'd be furious if Wii 2 in 2010 looked like No More Heroes does today. Are you going to keep saying "As long as it's fun that's all that matters. What, you dont play old games anymore? Never heard of fun?" Yeah, just keep saying that until 2020 and 2030. Laptops, computers, televisions and radios all upgrade and so should video games, one of the most visual of mediums.

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kaosed

To quote the Bard "You don't play graphics"JiveT

neither you can play without them ;)

redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redmetal86
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

neither you can play without them

Kayosed

unless you are deaf. deaf people do play video games too. i have no idea how, but they do

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I don't think a game like no more heroes could be profitable on any other console.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
Whats funny is that 1up were pretty much disappointed by NMH. They said that even though theres not much going on onscreen that the game still stutters with uneven framerate.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I don't care at the end of the day. The game has awesome combat, with blood. Who doesn't want blood?!
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

PhoebusFlows

Xbox 360 and PS3 offer the latest high-end graphics AND offer the old games. You get the whole spectrum. Nintendo offers far less. They offer the old games and the modern games look like the games from Xbox and Gamecube.

No Mor eHeroes is going to be a new title for 2008. It should look better, not hide behind more excuses. It should not look like Xbox 1, it should look way better than Xbox 1. The more excuses you allow to come inside the door, the more your integrity will weaken. I don't allow excuses into my door.

I will make one correction. I didn't realize Grasshopper is now under Ubisoft. I thought they were still part of Capcom (like I really care. Not like Capcom could've made it any better on this system)

You'd be lying if you weren't slightly disappointed. Dont try to hide it. And if you think these visuals are fine, I bet you'd be furious if Wii 2 in 2010 looked like No More Heroes does today. Are you going to keep saying "As long as it's fun that's all that matters. What, you dont play old games anymore? Never heard of fun?" Yeah, just keep saying that until 2020 and 2030. Laptops, computers, televisions and radios all upgrade and so should video games, one of the most visual of mediums.

360 B/C sucks. I can't play Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded, Capcom vs SNK 2 EO ect

PS3 B/C? Hell not all the systems even have B/C.

Come to terms with the fact that the Wii isn't as graphcially impressive as the other two consoles. Just like Consoles will never be as graphically impressive as PC.

I'm not disappointed so no I'm not lying. I don't care for looks of games. The only time I've ever been disappointed with the way a game looked was Capcom's SFIV due to the lack of 2D Sprites. Am I going to keep saing as long as its fun that's all that matters? **** yeah. I play games for fun not for looks. I still play tons of 2D Fighters and old school games. Visuals really don't mean jack to me and by sales of the Wii they don't mean jack to the majority of people out there as well.

Visuals are always nice for a game to have but at the end of the day gaming is about Fun. Period.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Cell shaded always look pretty bad in screenshots.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
My biggest fear with DMC4 is that it will be drastically casualized. I'd rather have hand cramps than see a step down in the series.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
Well done on getting good pics of DMC4 and crap pics of No More Heroes.
Not that they compare on a technically level of course but it would've been nice if you'd bothered to get good pics of both rather than pics that help with your point. I mean woudln't that make ita fairer comparison?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArisShadows

I don't care at the end of the day. The game has awesome combat, with blood. Who doesn't want blood?!Eponique

Awesome, purely awesome.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Cell shaded always look pretty bad in screenshots.Tylendal

This is the truth, video of the game in action don't look all that bad.

Plus the style is intentional... So bameing it on the Wii is stupid.

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
Quite clearly graphics are most important, therefore any console player should immedietly post their consoles and games on ebay to buy a high end computer.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
NMH is just ugly even taking art style into account.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girls) but this b.s. has got to stop. It's blatantly obvious now to me that the tc is a paid infiltrator here courtesy of some sleazy company affiliated with either Microsoft or Sony. I'm sure Nintendo has them as well, they are just not as easy to spot as this guy. I hope this person is being paid to do this becauseit would be a pathetic and terrible waste of one's time otherwise which is just sad.

This along with the Jeff fiasco is turning the gaming industry into something undesirable. Where does it end? Whatb.s. will companies try to pull on us next? Keep your eyes out for others, you know they are here.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girls) but this b.s. has got to stop. It's blatantly obvious now to me that the tc is a paid infiltrator here courtesy of some sleazy company affiliated with either Microsoft or Sony. I'm sure Nintendo has them as well, they are just not as easy to spot as this guy. I hope this person is being paid to do this becauseit would be a pathetic and terrible waste of one's time otherwise which is just sad.

This along with the Jeff fiasco is turning the gaming industry into something undesirable. Where does it end? Whatb.s. will companies try to pull on us next? Keep your eyes out for others, you know they are here.

Bigboi500

Most of them live in the walls and speak in EMF frequencies. The loudest one calls herself Jonas but I thought that was a boy's name! :o

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
NMH looks like a awesome game, it's a shame the graphics though, even on the Wii they could be better.
slick_gio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 slick_gio
Member since 2004 • 1523 Posts

And I want to make it clear I'm not talking about No More Heroe's graphical style. I know it's going for a more cel-shaded type look. The problem I have is (not just NMH) that Wii games continue to look so poor in a climate where standards have risen. They are not keeping pace or even attempting to meet halfway. These graphics are literally no better than Jet Set Radio on Xbox, a game I loved. I have no problem with these graphics if I was in 2002-2005, but it's time to move on.

I would be less hostile towards Nintendo if they more than made up for it in the creativity department. But so far, from the Wii games I've played, none of them really needed the Wii-mote and none of them are brimming with new ideas. And it's not like Xbox 360 and PS3 games have no new ideas of their own.

To sum up: I'm very disappointed in Nintendo's direction this generation. Zelda and Mario could've looked so amazing but nooooo, we need to draw in these casuals and make a profit. :roll:

PhoebusFlows

I wonder, when did people turn into graphic whores? How have we reached a point where the first question out of people's mouth is "How does it look" instead of "How does it play"? Maybe you guys weren't around for the NES. Maybe you guys all bought into the brilliant marketing campaignregarding "next gen" (a term that didn't exist until recently) graphics.

But last time I checked, video games are meant to be PLAYED. I would think gamePLAY would be the most important feature in any game.

By the standards you guys are chucking around it would seem as if everything that came out before the PS3 and 360 (NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1-2, Game Boy series, DS, GC, Xbox) was utter **** since they don't stand up to the graphics produced on TEH NEXT GEN systems.

Gun_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gun_Haze
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

Horrible graphics can affect gameplay for all you "Gameplay>>>>>>>>graphics" dudes.

How can you enjoy it fully when your eyeballs are being lacerated?

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I tend to think not everyone is a graphics whore. That's how they don't mind.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

[QUOTE="Basic_Instinct"]Nice going, you picked the worst looking screenshots for the Wii. The Wii can put out some amazing graphics, just take a look at SMG.Kaosed

sorry but its true

Maybe in terms of pure horsepower, but in terms of art direction, the only title that can compete with SMG is World of Warcraft IMO.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

JiveT

Most of them live in the walls and speak in EMF frequencies. The loudest one calls herself Jonas but I thought that was a boy's name! :o

Go back to the xplay level of unfunny humour you're still in that leage.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaosed"]

[QUOTE="Basic_Instinct"]Nice going, you picked the worst looking screenshots for the Wii. The Wii can put out some amazing graphics, just take a look at SMG.svetzenlether

sorry but its true

Maybe in terms of pure horsepower, but in terms of art direction, the only title that can compete with SMG is World of Warcraft IMO.

I can name a multitude of games that have bettter "Art direction" Than SMG, Lumines, Okami to name a few.

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

Am I really gonna be the first one to bust this guy our for using screenshots taken with a low definition camera, off a video monitor and comparing them to in game captures?

Man, you guys are slipping.

Topic owned in:

NMH

DMC4

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

slick_gio

I wonder, when did people turn into graphic whores? How have we reached a point where the first question out of people's mouth is "How does it look" instead of "How does it play"? Maybe you guys weren't around for the NES. Maybe you guys all bought into the brilliant marketing campaignregarding "next gen" (a term that didn't exist until recently) graphics.

But last time I checked, video games are meant to be PLAYED. I would think gamePLAY would be the most important feature in any game.

By the standards you guys are chucking around it would seem as if everything that came out before the PS3 and 360 (NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1-2, Game Boy series, DS, GC, Xbox) was utter **** since they don't stand up to the graphics produced on TEH NEXT GEN systems.

I know exactly what you mean. The answer is simple. Graphics whores = casual gamers who only like them to show them off to friends and have no real interest in deep gameplay.
Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

^^^

After allowing for flames to the OP

/thread

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PhoebusFlows

NMH is just ugly even taking art style into account.tomarlyn

Thank you. I appreciate straighforward wisdom. See, only one sentence and he summed it up better than me.

And bigboi, I am not a paid anything. If the Wii and sheep can show off sales, that means its including itself in the group, in the fray. So by doing do it also includes itself in other discussions including graphics. How many threads have there been with sheep saying motion controls make a game better with that dramatic sigh "oh I could NEVER go back to analog"

If they can say that, I can say this about the disappointing visuals. I even allowed the Wii some time to catch up. Perhaps devs have not fully understood the Wii (as if it was so complex lol) and now even a 2008-released game like No More Heroes looks like this is just awful. There are Xbox 360 arcade games that look better

I don't need to be told about the value of old things. My personal tastes in literature and film, if I may say so, run further back than most of you here. I love Eisenstein (you probably dont know him) and Dante (another one). I don't need a reteaching about how the old things can give us pleasure. i know that.

But video games are not as complex as literature or cinema. They are swiftly gratifying experiences, low on thought and high on reflexes and actions. They have always kept in step with the latest TV upgrades and sound upgrades. The Wii is the first system of Nintendo that has stayed way back. Gamecube and N64 kept up nicely, the Wii did not. It still uses Dolby Pro Logic II for sound. (no wonder why they didnt include DVD support) Books and classic cinema I can stand staying unchanged, but not video game systems.

If my protest seem loud now, I'd like to think it's because nobody wants to speak up.When Nintendo finally upgrades to HD graphics and uses Xbox 360-like features anyways, then the Sheep won't even remember what I said. They'll be like "la di da, I LOVE what Nintendo has done to the Wii 2. I love these upgrades!" And here I am - today - arguing that there should've been upgrades :roll: I'm just a man ahead of my time. :puts hand to forehead and sighs:

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts

Horrible graphics can affect gameplay for all you "Gameplay>>>>>>>>graphics" dudes.

How can you enjoy it fully when your eyeballs are being lacerated?

Gun_Haze
If a game looks so bad that eyeballs are lacerated, then it's fine to say the game won't be enjoyable. But graphics like those in NMH are nowhere near that level.
-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Then how u can stand ps3 or xbox360 visuals when they look like poop compare with PC? ur wii bashing threads are getting sad fanboy :lol: go to doctor u have some kind of obsession with wii :lol:
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blackbond
There is no problem with liking great graphics but I sometimes wonder if Graphics Whores are even gamers.